Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Should He Take The Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Take The Job Offer (11672 Views)

Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Is The Job Interview Process Becoming Useless In Nigeria? - Topwritersden / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by elijahozzy(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
All I have to tell your friend is that, he should stay away from a relationship because I’m sure the salary isn’t up to 80k.

So if he spends half of his salary on just transport, how would he take good care of his girlfriend undecided.

He shouldn’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty Biko!!

How can your think of relationships for the guy in another kinda of matter, you won dey carry matter full ground when he never solve one lol 😂 this your thinking they very weird Mc ooo person like you na over thinker no dey disturb your small brains abeg
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Emperor5(m): 11:01am On May 10, 2023
In the past I took a job of 50k monthly pay, though my friends advise me not to accept the job considering the cost of transport and feeding but unfortunately I didn't heed to their advise because I'm a kind of person that try every opportunity that come my way...if it's bad I'm free to leave within the period of probation. At the end I appreciate everything about the job because outside the salary I made not less than 300k in a month, I run every activities of the firm as manager is novice, he doesn't even have time for the work as he engaged in other hustle outside.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Dynamicboss: 11:06am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
All I have to tell your friend is that, he should stay away from a relationship because I’m sure the salary isn’t up to 80k.

So if he spends half of his salary on just transport, how would he take good care of his girlfriend undecided.

He shouldn’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty Biko!!

I don't think you have a boyfriend let alone fiancée. Also, you struck to me as a hungry and broke lady.

Compare your comment to the question asked by the OP. Maybe you will understand how silly it is
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by hssd8nland: 11:16am On May 10, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
He should take it and gather experience along the line he would find ways to reduce the cost of transport.he may even find a colleague coming from his area
Gbam
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by TheOnlyUyai(f): 11:17am On May 10, 2023
Let him not take it. Not worth the stress, time and money. He will break down in a matter of months.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by TheOnlyUyai(f): 11:22am On May 10, 2023
Emperor5:
In the past I took a job of 50k monthly pay, though my friends advise me not to accept the job considering the cost of transport and feeding but unfortunately I didn't heed to their advise because I'm a kind of person that try every opportunity that come my way...if it's bad I'm free to leave within the period of probation. At the end I appreciate everything about the job because outside the salary I made not less than 300k in a month, I run every activities of the firm as manager is novice, he doesn't even have time for the work as he engaged in other hustle outside.

Just say you steal his money. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by sunnyt1(m): 11:24am On May 10, 2023
youngsahito:
let him take it and he can get an apartment close to the office. Job no easy to get in 9ja not to talk of been picky.

This is the usual galley response, you need to take a deeper and calculated view of the issue.

If he lives at Sango, Ayobo or Oke Aro and the said 80k job is at Surulere or Ikoyi, how can he get an apartment close to the office? The only feedback from such jobs would be experience and he sure needs it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Emperor5(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

Just say you steal his money. Simple.
Haha nothing like stealing everything in the firm is properly regulated, there is CCTV as well
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Etranshub(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2023
Longevo:
It will also give him more working experience for better offers
exactly
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by TheOnlyUyai(f): 11:41am On May 10, 2023
Emperor5:

Haha nothing like stealing everything in the firm is properly regulated, there is CCTV as well

So, how exactly do you make 300k asides from your 50k salary?

1 Like

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Olumeme: 1:13pm On May 10, 2023
Is it full time or contract?

Does your friend have a job they are doing now?

If the second question is No, let your friend take it and gain experience.

One thing about a job is that, if you are intelligent and sound, you will gain some invaluable experience that will even help you in your daily lives and equip you with soft skills needed to do well in other jobs. E.g, Report writing, Presentation, Leadership, negotiation and lobbying, confidence, etc.

Most importantly, you eat less when you are working.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Rushna27(f): 1:18pm On May 10, 2023
He can actually take d job to have records of experience and get another while on d job...
Pls anyone with info about work from home job,contact me.......Lagos mainland..... English graduate.... Thanks...
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by brunobaba(m): 1:37pm On May 10, 2023
trevorlinda:
Half Bread is beta dan none

a lot of graduate didnt have a job
You go fit get job with this your grammar so
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by one4GOD(f): 1:54pm On May 10, 2023
youngsahito:
is it a full time or contract job?
if its possible let him change location closer to his place of work
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by youngsahito(m): 2:22pm On May 10, 2023
sunnyt1:

This is the usual galley response, you need to take a deeper and calculated view of the issue.

If he lives at Sango, Ayobo or Oke Aro and the said 80k job is at Surulere or Ikoyi, how can he get an apartment close to the office? The only feedback from such jobs would be experience and he sure needs it
the guy didn't give us location of the job neither did he tells us other benefits attached to the job. If he feels comfortable for him to drop the job, nobody is pressuring him to accept it.
Sometimes you might get more than what u thing is bad for you. All d best to him in life.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by youngsahito(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2023
flexxyworld:

This is the painful mindset and orientation that has been has got us where we are. We have choices please, know your worth in the corporate world, increase your value. Employees dey reject offers on a steady, employers are scaling up to ensure an employee is engaged. This mindset can't get you far
My guy. Work dey this same country, better work myguy, just pray for connect and update.
I didn't force him to accept my suggestion. so therefore, let him do what he likes.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by klawaaa: 5:22pm On May 10, 2023
Logically, you should know that a job that takes 50% of income on transportation is not a well-paid offer. I may only encourage it for the experience that may be more rewarding!
efembaba:
How much is the other half? And where does he live
That's d real question
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Chykes403: 7:26pm On May 10, 2023
If it is your very first job, I advise you take it to gain experience and add to your CV. While you are working there, be applying for another one.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by kehnton(m): 3:39pm On May 11, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
A friend of mine just got a job offer,
The problem is that the cost of transportation will take half the salary by the end of the month aside feeding and other expenses,
I want to tell him not to bother as he will be frustrated on the job but don't know the right words and I feel I may be wrong.

So I am asking people that work here, is it ok for an employee to use 50% of his salary on transportation alone??

Many onsite jobs are like that. If what he is currently doing is good. let him decline the offer.

If he does not have a job, he should take it and get experience.

Set a target of 1-2 years. He will get experience and also will be able to negotiate higher salary later....
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Emperor5(m): 11:08pm On May 11, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

So, how exactly do you make 300k asides from your 50k salary?
I work in account office, with the help of manager I trade with the firm money without interest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: What Account Validity Means / Gilded International Resources. / IFFCO Group Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.