Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

How Much Should We Save For Our Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should We Save For Our Children? (12118 Views)

Help!!!! My Husband Absconded With Our Children / How Do I Save For The Future So As Not To Learn The Hard Way? / Sexual Abuse And Our Children. Signs To Watch Out For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Nice2023(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2023
Saving money is vital for every human survival especially now that the economy has changed terribly.

Aside saving money for my children,which i am yet to start,I have secured lands for them.

I want to know how much,I mean what percent of one's income should be saved for them till they are 18tears of age?

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by AsomStructures: 9:18pm On May 09, 2023
That should depend on how much you earn and your financial capacity..

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Oluromantic: 9:31pm On May 09, 2023
It depends on how much your income is. Mark out a good percentage that will sum up to something huge in a matter of years

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2023
10k monthly for each of them, local man cannot can undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Godwin4444: 12:11pm On May 10, 2023
Nice2023:
Saving money is vital for every human survival especially now that the economy has changed terribly.

Aside saving money for my children,which i am yet to start,I have secured lands for them.

I want to know how much,I mean what percent of one's income should be saved for them till they are 18tears of age?

saving money that will depreciate in value?

Y don’t u build investments in their name?

Land is also cool cos it will appreciate

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by wunmi590(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2023

I've a friend we graduated 🎓 together, that works in mutual benefit assurance, she introduced me to a 5years saving plan which is individual savings and protection plan (ISPP), that's what I did for my daughter...

My daughter is now 2years 5month, so I've been saving 10k for her since then, I can't collect it until after 5years...

After the 5year, I will do another one for her again, until she clock ⏰️ 18 and have access to her fund, so help me God

She has like 350k now, there are sometimes I save 20k in a month, if I have excess for that month...

I can't come and kill myself...

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by inoki247: 5:06pm On May 10, 2023
Lol Save your Kidney...

No be according to your Pocket you go start savings and plan....

You people just want to turn everything to competition or seek attention...

If you sha wan save make sure say na Dollar savings or any foreign currency account if na Naira forget it the money fit no get any value when them need am.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Krublog(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2023
If you can, build in their name and watch them live out a life less dependent on you from birth in terms of bills and have an inheritance before you leave this world.

Question now is, to build house na beans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by b3llo(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2023
As much as you can save
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by GboyegaD(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2023
I am not sure any amount is good or bad however, we should invest in them so that they can stand by themselves and run their race with or without us. If possible, contribute a large downpayment in their 1st mortgage and ensure they do not have student loan debts upon college graduation.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by EKONGKING: 5:07pm On May 10, 2023
It depends on how many children u r having

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by just2endowed: 5:09pm On May 10, 2023
wunmi590:

I've a friend we graduated 🎓 together, that works in mutual benefit assurance, she introduced me to a 5years saving plan which is individual savings and protection plan (ISPP), that's what I did for my daughter...

My daughter is now 2years 5month, so I've been saving 10k for her since then, I can't collect it until after 5years...

After the 5year, I will do another one for her again, until she clock ⏰️ 18 and have access to her fund, so help me God

She has like 350k now, there are sometimes I save 20k in a month, if I have excess for that month...

at what interest rate if i may ask
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by tooflaver: 5:09pm On May 10, 2023
Who Are Bola Tinubu’s Children and What Do They Do For A Living?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgFdNw0XaM
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Aw85: 5:10pm On May 10, 2023
undecided
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Krublog(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2023
GboyegaD:
I am not sure any amount is good or bad however, we should invest in them so that they can stand by themselves and run their race with or without us. If possible, contribute a large downpayment in their 1st mortgage and ensure they do not have student loan debts upon college graduation.

Why you dey advice us with term like "mortgage" and "student loans" like we live in a functional society

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 10, 2023
wunmi590:

Wow this is the most responsible thing to do when she is 18 she has 3 million that can see her through a 5/6 year course in a state or public uni provided inflation does not render the money to a paltry sum

14 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by wunmi590(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2023
just2endowed:

at what interest rate if i may ask

5% for total contribution per annum....

I don't even care about that, I just want to save it, because the present Nigeria is not smiling, as you are earning you are spending it immediately...

It might have gone up, but when I started, it was 5%

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by wunmi590(m): 5:14pm On May 10, 2023
RenegadeX:

Wow this is the most responsible thing to do when she is 18 she has 3 million that can see her through a 5/6 year course in a state or public uni provided inflation does not render the money to a paltry sum

God bless you, you go like money 💰, for you to quickly calculate it 😆
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by ibechris(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2023
Nice2023:

I want to know how much,I mean what percent of one's income should be saved for them till they are 18years of age?

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by isabi2lof: 5:18pm On May 10, 2023
It's good to invest in your children as soon as possible, I love that , I will also do for mine by God's grace 🙏

1 Like

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 10, 2023
wunmi590:

God bless you, you go like money 💰, for you to quickly calculate it 😆

Who no like money chief? 😎
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2023
angry
Did I inherit a cock from my father?
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Kellie069(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2023
I don’t have a child yet. But got plenty of lands around which appreciates on a regular basis. Have my building on one and that’s the only house I may build . If dem like , make dem sell the land take chop agbado when them grow, na them sabi. I’ll keep buying tho and I am thankful because I have never sold any land because of financial difficulties over the years . But for naira, nothing de. Na nkwobi and Heineken money de my acct plus emergency funds

8 Likes

Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by Tenses: 5:28pm On May 10, 2023
Q
Re: How Much Should We Save For Our Children? by BOLATINUBU01: 5:28pm On May 10, 2023
Give them quality education and proper home training

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? / Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh / Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.