Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 (65956 Views)

Manchester City vs Manchester United FA Cup: (2 - 1) On 3rd June 2023 / Liverpool Vs Inter Milan UCL (0 - 1) On 8th March 2022 / Sevilla Vs Inter Milan: Europa Cup Final (3 - 2) On 21st August 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Faber(m): 2:13am On Jun 11, 2023
sexysunnyb:
I AM SHOCKED AND SURPRISED WITH THE LEVEL OF ABUSIVE WORDS ON THIS PLATFORM ONTOP PLAYERS THAT ARE MAKING MONEY AND BUILDING THE FUTURE OF THERE KIDS AND FAMILIES UNA DEY HERE DEY ABUSE UNA MAMA AND PAPA .
meanwhile some people keep saying pep won because he had all stars players. My question is this , Who made those guys world class players ? Ake, Akanji, foden, walker , benardo, and so on and even Ederson is second choice keeper for Brazil. The truth is that we don't know these guys as all stars until pep made them all stars. What I can call all stars was the Real Madrid Galaticos era of Iker Casillas, Ivan Helguera, Ronaldo Lima, Francisco Pavon, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, Walter Samuel, Michel Salgado, Roberto Carlos, Raul Gonzalez, David Beckham and so on.

You be man jor. Look at Ortega the 2nd Keeper of Man City that won FA cup without conceading any open play goal, he was signed as a free agent. Even Joa Cancelo was an average player in Juventus. Even Grealish was no where the level of top wingers in Epl when he signed him from Aston Villa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by JooEeL(m): 2:13am On Jun 11, 2023
Stippy:

2010 wc iniesta scored the winning goal and even was the best player but he didn't win Wesley Sneijder wey win cl and reach final they nor give them but they give the balloon d'or to pessi who scored 0 goals and gave 4 assist. Wow.

2014 wc Muller, neur and even Messi dey there but they give pendu wet score 2 goals. Why they give am because he win cl abi Wetin.

This year balloon d'or is going to Halland or KDB.

Im a barca fan my guy. 2010 Ballon D'or win was made to favour Messi. That is the sole Ballon D'or of Messi that I emphatically disavow.

2014's Ballon D'or of Ronaldo was a sham too. But not so much of a sham as that of 2010. Besides he broke a long-standing UCL record. Muller won the World Cup amongst other club trophies but was not the poster boy of the Bayern team. It was Robben and Ribery that were the most terrific, let's be honest, and they had quite a dismal WC campaign. Messi's 2014, was quite a dull one -- coming back from some niggling injury that plagued him in 2013. Messi also did not win the League or the CL. If he had won the WC, the argument would have changed. Ure just picking Muller cos he won everything, just like saying Alvarez should take the Ballon D'or cos he won all trophies. Even on that same German 2014 team, Ozil was much hotter.

For the year 2023, Haaland has done remarkably well. He won the Champions League and the League
While Messi won the World Cup and the league. So they have 2 main big cups. WC is bigger than CL, so for trophies Messi already has the edge. Let's look at individual performances now.

Now hear my explanation:
Haaland was hotter all year round than Messi, no doubt about that. He had much numbers (esp. in terms of goals) but if you begin to consider goal contribution (G/A), you'd realise Messi is not even far behind.

Another thing you'd have to consider is Haaland is too much of a tap-in striker. He's just good in positioning and finishing but for real footballing qualities, Haaland doesn't excite. There is a kind of slick and flair that combines with efficacy to be Ballon D'or favourite. Haaland can't dribble. Haaland can't produce terrific passes, can't score freekicks, make quick short serial passes and interlink play. Like Haaland hardly ever wows the crowd until he scores a goal. He's not of the brand of strikers / attackers like Henry, De Lima, Suarez, Neymar, C Ronaldo etc. that have that extra spice and can do some of the aforementioned. He's only effective and that's where it ends. That shortens his Ballon D'or chances slightly in my opinion.

Finally, Haaland has no appearance in World Cup. If he had taken Norway to say semi-final of the World Cup or Quarter-final with some goals in it, or let me say semi-final, it would be hard to overlook him. You also have to note that Haaland's exceptional form in the league is similar to Messi's form in the WC. Messi scored crucial goals (although penalties like 3 or so), Messi made dribbles and produced assists that were highlights of the WC. These are the kind of things I mean when I say "having that extra spice". Things that evoke emotions. That Messi assist against Netherlands sticks to your brain so easily till now. His simple yet risky roll-in penalty against France in the shootout glues to the mind. As for Haaland, there is not much "wow" moments. And his form has kind of badly dropped for some time now, just like Messi's form. In fact, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden and Bernado Silva are significantly better and technically gifted players than Haaland, even on the same team. One could even argue Mahrez too. That's too many players on the team better than you.

Did you know that Haaland hardly ever touches the ball in a game? He goes missing for very long stretches of the game. Pls dont tell me he's doing his striker job. There are numerous strikers like Henry, Suarez, Torres, Villa, Forlan, Milito, even this Benzema sef that both score loads of goals and exert more influence in the game. Im sure you heard the commentator today right? That Haaland didn't have more than 10 touches first half or so.

For Haaland not to even make the World Cup at all, already writes him off.

The image below again shows the most recent update of the Ballon D'or win and it has changed slightly even further in favour of Messi. Imagine winning a whole Champions League (talking about Haaland now) and the odds dont even shift in his favour. That tells u what u need to know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Inflencer212: 2:16am On Jun 11, 2023
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 11, 2023
You Can't Grow Spiritually When You Don't Have Access To This.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHU9r0S6iE
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by blueAgent(m): 3:07am On Jun 11, 2023
omniwater:
Argentina ( sky blue)

Napoli (sky blue)

Manchester city ( sky blue)

Sevilla
( a touch of sky blue on their jersey in the final)

APC (sky blue on their party logo)

All sky blues are Champions in 2023.

2023 is a sky blue year!!?

Sighs!!!!.
Crap, party of fraudsters they find legitimacy by all means.
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by ceejay80s(m): 4:25am On Jun 11, 2023
Peacecore:
White board marjer grin grin grin ur na belle don kill u
I am truly a fake babalawo
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Betgold84: 5:06am On Jun 11, 2023
Arab buy d match

I blame laturo Martinez

Lucky city
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by TheSuperX(m): 5:09am On Jun 11, 2023
Congrats to ManCity for winning their first ever champions league.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by TheSuperX(m): 5:15am On Jun 11, 2023
JooEeL:

Im a barca fan my guy. 2010 Ballon D'or win was made to favour Messi. That is the sole Ballon D'or of Messi that I emphatically disavow.

2014's Ballon D'or of Ronaldo was a sham too. But not so much of a sham as that of 2010. Besides he broke a long-standing UCL record. Muller won the World Cup amongst other club trophies but was not the poster boy of the Bayern team. It was Robben and Ribery that were the most terrific, let's be honest, and they had quite a dismal WC campaign. Messi's 2014, was quite a dull one -- coming back from some niggling injury that plagued him in 2013. Messi also did not win the League or the CL. If he had won the WC, the argument would have changed. Ure just picking Muller cos he won everything, just like saying Alvarez should take the Ballon D'or cos he won all trophies. Even on that same German 2014 team, Ozil was much hotter.

For the year 2023, Haaland has done remarkably well. He won the Champions League and the League
While Messi won the World Cup and the league. So they have 2 main big cups. WC is bigger than CL, so for trophies Messi already has the edge. Let's look at individual performances now.

Now hear my explanation:
Haaland was hotter all year round than Messi, no doubt about that. He had much numbers (esp. in terms of goals) but if you begin to consider goal contribution (G/A), you'd realise Messi is not even far behind.

Another thing you'd have to consider is Haaland is too much of a tap-in striker. He's just good in positioning and finishing but for real footballing qualities, Haaland doesn't excite. There is a kind of slick and flair that combines with efficacy to be Ballon D'or favourite. Haaland can't dribble. Haaland can't produce terrific passes, can't score freekicks, make quick short serial passes and interlink play. Like Haaland hardly ever wows the crowd until he scores a goal. He's not of the brand of strikers / attackers like Henry, De Lima, Suarez, Neymar, C Ronaldo etc. that have that extra spice and can do some of the aforementioned. He's only effective and that's where it ends. That shortens his Ballon D'or chances slightly in my opinion.

Finally, Haaland has no appearance in World Cup. If he had taken Norway to say semi-final of the World Cup or Quarter-final with some goals in it, or let me say semi-final, it would be hard to overlook him. You also have to note that Haaland's exceptional form in the league is similar to Messi's form in the WC. Messi scored crucial goals (although penalties like 3 or so), Messi made dribbles and produced assists that were highlights of the WC. These are the kind of things I mean when I say "having that extra spice". Things that evoke emotions. That Messi assist against Netherlands sticks to your brain so easily till now. His simple yet risky roll-in penalty against France in the shootout glues to the mind. As for Haaland, there is not much "wow" moments. And his form has kind of badly dropped for some time now, just like Messi's form. In fact, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden and Bernado Silva are significantly better and technically gifted players than Haaland, even on the same team. One could even argue Mahrez too. That's too many players on the team better than you.

Did you know that Haaland hardly ever touches the ball in a game? He goes missing for very long stretches of the game. Pls dont tell me he's doing his striker job. There are numerous strikers like Henry, Suarez, Torres, Villa, Forlan, Milito, even this Benzema sef that both score loads of goals and exert more influence in the game. Im sure you heard the commentator today right? That Haaland didn't have more than 10 touches first half or so.

The image below again shows the most recent update of the Ballon D'or win and it has changed slightly even further in favour of Messi. Imagine winning a whole Champions League (talking about Haaland now) and the odds dont even shift in his favour. That tells u what u need to know.
No one can stop MESSI from winning his 8th Ballon d'or.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by TheSuperX(m): 5:19am On Jun 11, 2023
LeeSmart:

You the use jazz?
E be like daht muyen no go work oo
You see as you lose abi? Now you know what's up. 😅
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Kingosytex(m): 5:21am On Jun 11, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
90 minutes from now Inter Milan will be crowned champions of Europe nd the treble dream will be buried in the grave of Ataturk

I love how Pep silenced his haters. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:54am On Jun 11, 2023
Tranquility2345:

This is a very stupid analogy from a very dull person. You deserve no response from me. Slow poke.
I thought you are matured enough to have non abusive argument. Now I have known the kind of family you came from. No wonder some of the people that mentioned you here were abusive too , they have known that for you to play with pig you must be dirty too.
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Renman: 6:06am On Jun 11, 2023
Walai:
I'm under the influence of something now, Can't do transaction tonight.
I will consider you guys that forwarded account number tomorrow when my eyes don clear

Don't forget me too bro.... 2085185797, zenith. God bless!!!
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by tesppidd: 6:09am On Jun 11, 2023
JooEeL:

Now hear my explanation:

Nice words..

But the biggest sham in ballon dor history was in 2013 when Ribery's award was stolen after FIFA reopened voting after it was already closed and allowed voters to change votes they had already casted.

2010 was controversial, 2013 was sham.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by sexysunnyb(m): 6:14am On Jun 11, 2023
You nailed it bro and I am 100% convinced that you watch , follow and understand football wella, not like those who only follow LiveScore on Nairaland and they will not allow us hear word with there dumb argument.
JooEeL:

Now hear my explanation:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:18am On Jun 11, 2023
swiych:

Them say any club wey Mourinho for don carry European cup say that team nor dey ever win European cup again. So do ur research
I just get now. teams like inter
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by anonymous1759(m): 6:23am On Jun 11, 2023
MrPOTUS:

Average player wey score over 50 goals in one season 🙄

Typical EPL who pray for players and coach to fail in their over hyped league so they can chest beat that EPL is the best . Harland, pep and man city has reduced EPL to zero nothing is actually special there a player can score up to 40 goals in a season a team can win their league 3 straight times like any other league.

They thought Haaland will flop so they can laugh at him that he’s from a farmers league yet haaland had is best performance ever in history in his first season in the over hyped league . Imagine city selling players to Chelsea and Arsenal and still won the league ahead of them .

4 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by MrBroke(m): 6:33am On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperX:

Leave all this haters, something way dey sure. When e go happen dem go begin talk say na ojoro.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by saysugar(m): 6:34am On Jun 11, 2023
sweetman2022:

Who are superstars? Akanji, Ake, John stones, Walker, Dias, Alvarez or who. Please go back to school and learn the meaning of superstar..Olodo like you. The only world class players in Mancity is Kelvin Debryune. The rest are just good players and average. It is because they are playing with Pep, that's why you think they special. Is Stering, Jesus and Zinchenko superstars now that they have left Mancity? Please use your head very well next time
u are very correct, people don't na coach work, see Liverpool players then we rating them, because of klop doing well

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Hotwest: 6:34am On Jun 11, 2023
VawulentComrade:
Tell me why it wouldn't come in.

Gave Inter Milan handicap 2

wink
Congratulations chief! I prayed for u to win whatever u place bet on this final

Chief reason me small

Life is hard
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by JooEeL(m): 6:54am On Jun 11, 2023
sexysunnyb:
You nailed it bro and I am 100% convinced that you watch , follow and understand football wella, not like those who only follow LiveScore on Nairaland and they will not allow us hear word with there dumb argument.

Thanks boss. Just a humble observer bro.
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by JooEeL(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2023
tesppidd:
Nice words..

But the biggest sham in ballon dor history was in 2013 when Ribery's award was stolen after FIFA reopened voting after it was already closed and allowed voters to change votes they had already casted.

2010 was controversial, 2013 was sham.

Yea my brother. 2013 was just unbelievable. Cr7 whined and nearly cried for it. They had to extend the voting period. Ronaldo didn't even win a thing that season. His supporters claimed that he beat Sweden 3 - 2 or so to qualify for the WC, hence he deserved it.

2010 was still reasonable, if compared to 2013. At least Messi won the League, Copa Del Rey and broke De Lima's record for most goals scored in a season which stood at 47. And Iniesta and Xavi were operating at very similar wavelength, hence split the votes almost so evenly for Messi to come out ontop.

I still fancied Sneijder though, even though he didnt win the WC. But I'd choose either Sneijder or Xavi, not Messi.

Heck in 2013, forget Robben sef. Even Neuer deserved it more than Cr7. Neuer and Ozil were too hot in 2013 and 2014 for Germany, that guy weh deh mention say Muller for win 2014 ballon d'or actually forget these 2 guys o.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by JooEeL(m): 7:03am On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperX:

Messi will take it. It's not even a matter of hating.

Haaland is a gifted player o, no doubt.

But Messi's MVP star-showing in the World Cup, especially whn Argentina was nearly knocked out and how he revived the team, will make him nip it ahead of Haaland.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 7:07am On Jun 11, 2023
Almiron:
Nah one day person go rewrite his history, na wey the jinx don break, make una expect City UCL domination. Its gonna be loud. We will again next season

Man City has done incredibly well! Kudos to them!

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by stillme231: 7:10am On Jun 11, 2023
Peacecore:
Una dey like put mouth for wetin una no know angry do you think that Haaland is there for no reason or because he hasn't score he's not good??
Alvarez is way better for me... if haaland no see ball, he is good as useless/

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by maasoap(m): 7:11am On Jun 11, 2023
Winters23:

How's it working out for city now? grin

No be by killing, inter for the win

It is champions league final match, not a walkover match. The point is, choose a team with impressive outing so far.
I told you grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Labdi69: 7:16am On Jun 11, 2023
grin
Tranquility2345:

Ptolemy grin…
Re: Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 by Ropostic120(m): 7:16am On Jun 11, 2023
You are just an hater of Pep
Tell me a great coach today who used a small team to win their Country league and even Champions league...youbdont know anything about football at all

He has made more than enough money. Money is not his problem. Let him go and coach one small team even if na national team of a small country to show say he be genius and that he loves the game. How can we call someone a genius when he has always coached superstars? Does that even make sense? Any decent coach with the crop of players he has coached will get the same results, if not better…[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.