Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why We Gave Up On Our Football Careers - P-square - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why We Gave Up On Our Football Careers - P-square (280 Views)

Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) / Don Jazzy: “I Almost Gave Up In The Early Days Of Mavin” / “We Gave London Quality” – Davido Brags As He Shuts Down London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Gave Up On Our Football Careers - P-square by blueghost(m): 11:10am On May 10, 2023
Award-winning Nigerian musical duo, Paul and Peter Okoye of P-Square, have revealed why they gave up on pursuing a career in football.

The twin musical duo said they wanted to be football stars while growing up in Jos, Plateau State, but for some reasons, they ended up as musicians.

They disclosed this in a recent interview with CNN.

Paul said,

"We played football. Peter played with Mikel [Obi] in Pepsi Academy. I was a keeper, but I gave up because I could tell age was coming. But then Nigeria won this football, Atlanta Olympic 96′ I think. And when they won the competition, we saw what the then-president gave the footballers; we dropped our mics and went back to soccer."

Peter added,

"But remember, at the same time we were having this situation whereby I was playing for Pepsi Academy. So, if we were trying to wear boots, and I'm like, 'I'm gonna remain local. Entertainment is about to take me international.'

"God has a reason like, if I was playing football today, five years ago, I would have retired. But today, we are still doing music."

https://www.torizone.com/posts/2023/05/109942-we-gave-football-careers-square

Re: Why We Gave Up On Our Football Careers - P-square by StonedSaint: 6:36pm On May 10, 2023
ori yato sori.. if you're not destined for something then it won't work out, thank your stars that you guys saw the handwriting on the wall early enough

Mr goalkeeper is it a case of conceding uncountable goals, and you're coach giving u the boot? Hope you're not trying to bamboozle us with your playing with Mikel Obi bs lol.

(1) (Reply)

“justice Will Be Ensured In This Case”. – Police Assures As Seun Kuti Is Thrown / Miracle Op Seen Online Amusing Fans With Foolishness In Dancing �| Bbtitans | B / First Thing To Do When You Phone Is Lost Or Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.