Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Why Are Nigeria Web Hosting Companies Like This? � - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are Nigeria Web Hosting Companies Like This? � (275 Views)

Are All Interns Like This? / How Do You Crack An AI Engineer’s Interview At Companies Like Google And Amazon? / Is There Any Big Programming Companies Like Google In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigeria Web Hosting Companies Like This? � by Bloomsbury(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2023
I decided to buy a domain name from Qservers , a Nigerian Company.

Left it dormant for some weeks. Later on, I changed my name servers to another web hosting company in the USA.
The USA webhosting Company told me it will take like 24hrs to reflect and propagate. 48hrs, nothing has happened.

Only for me to login to my Qservers and see my domain name has been deactivated.

No notification on my account, no email from them explaining anything.

I know how hard I tried to convince myself before I decide to use a Nigerian Company to buy my domain name. Now this one has happened because of my previous experience 😒

Last year, I bought a domain name and web hosting company with Truehost.

I used it to build a non custodial Crypto web wallet. Applied for funding from a VC firm.

Only to try to login to my website and my crypto web wallet website has been suspended. My whole world crash down that day. The VC firm passed on the offer saying I have no MVP to show that I can build my Startup idea 😥

Contacted Truehost. They started speaking English that their Domain registrar told them I violated their policy.
I told them to explain what policy or reference to the policy. Never got a response from them till today.

Have anyone had similar experience and how did you resolve yours?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigeria Web Hosting Companies Like This? � by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 10, 2023
Read their TOS

most domain registrars have list of blacklisted domain they won't allow you register.

Even if you register it they're entitled to deactivate or unregister it without reimbursement.

All companies does this not just Nigerian company.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Dollar Card / Get A Vtu Platform + Reseller Generation Platforms Today. / The Nigerian-made Chessware: ACS-Web-X Chess Intelligence Programming Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.