Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. (7842 Views)

Poll: Have They Improved?

Yes: 63% (84 votes)
No: 36% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

See What Fashola And Nepa Has Done To The Masses / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / And Suddenly, "Up NEPA" Has Returned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by werepeLeri: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2011
How about your area? Please if you live outside Nigeria, I bind you from making comment on this thread.

LOL.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Bawss1(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2011
Which Nepa? My estate in Jabi used to receive much better power supply from Nepa till about the second quarter of this year. If anything now, I think they have worsened.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by werepeLeri: 10:10am On Sep 26, 2011
Bawss1:

Which Nepa? My estate in Jabi used to receive much better power supply from Nepa till about the second quarter of this year. If anything now, I think they have worsened.

But where I live in Abuja, it is the opposite of what you have written.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Akanbiedu(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2011
We don't need improved NEPA, we need privatized NEPA. Only a mad man does the same thing over and over and expect different result.

The government's investment in NEPA is over $30 billion, yet generation is not more than 4000MW.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by werepeLeri: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

We don't need improved NEPA, we need privatized NEPA. Only a mad man does the same thing over and over and expect different result.

The government's investment in NEPA is over $30 billion, yet generation is not more than 4000MW.

Bros. Seems you didnt read the title properly. You are out of point.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Rhino5dm: 10:21am On Sep 26, 2011
. . .Put out the facts and figures in generation and distrubution of power or any source to back up your claim.

Not this rob peter and pay paul. . .Giving Lagos light and taking it away from kaduna wont prove anything other than deciet and lies,
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by blacksta(m): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2011
True -

but from my own understanding  - it has always been like this as far i can remember  - During raining season  - cause of full dams -. Electricity generation always increases.   A better confirmation will be when rain stops falling
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Bawss1(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

But where I live in Abuja, it is the opposite of what you have written.
Well I dunno why they appear to have singled out my hood. Time was when I thought I had forgotten how to work my generator because it had lain idle for so long but thats no longer the case. The Nepa guys who control these things will be flogged if I had the means. . .True, I know a few districts receive rather regular power supply, the likes of Asokoro,  Maitama and parts of Wuse, but that had always been the case. I don't think that is much of an improvement though.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Bawss1(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2011
blacksta:

True -

but from my own understanding  - it has always been like this as far i can remember  - During raining season  - cause of full dams -. Electricity generation always increases.   A better confirmation will be when rain stops falling

I had also thought that was the case; rainy season - better power supply, but since the rains started this year power supply to my area has fallen. Well its all robbing Peter to pay Paul. Them no dey try again.  angry
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Demdem(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2011
Well NEPA has seized to exist. what we have now i guess is PHCN.

As a Nigerian that stays and works in Nigeria, i make bold to declare that PHCN hasnt improved one bit (at least to me). Both my resident and place of work here in PH is pathetic. Yet to see the dividend of democracy in this regard.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by DrummaBoy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
Its FALSE all the way here in Ibadan O

My guy we are ", in the dark here!"(Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman)
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by sleekyb: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
in my part of abuja, we have light for 24hrs straight everyday. i believe its becos there are lots of top military shots around the area cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
this kind of thing happened in 1994, constant light and everyone was happy, but when the Revenge mission started ehn, you go cry. so watch out!
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by kieskies(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
We have steady power now in benin oooo I have not put on my generator in the past four months or plus, I think GEJ is going a great work
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by jamace(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
this kind of thing happened in 1994, constant light and everyone was happy, but when the Revenge mission started ehn, you go cry. so watch out!

Why are you looking for the dead among the living?
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
jamace:

Why are you looking for the dead among the living?

i cant understand your shakespearism, pls explain.

the truth is we will not be singing this same song by January, the light improvement is a one off thing or one hit wonder. we all know that now right?
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by jamace(m): 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^I mean, you are enjoying light and weeping for the darkness that has not yet come? cheesy
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by werepeLeri: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^^

Why do you mind her? She is one of the haters.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by bofj: 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
the only improve ment i see is that they double our rate from 3.5 to 7we now pay double but the service is poorer
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2011
They only bring NEPA when they want to bring the bill and even at that it is only at night every 3rd day once they collect their cash its darkness.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by sammirano: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2011
PHCN is the best here, you wouldn't believe this we celebrated 80 hours uninterrupted power supply at oshodi Lagos.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2011
jamace:

^^I mean, you are enjoying light and weeping for the darkness that has not yet come? cheesy

but the darkness will still come now? like i said this light improvement has happened before and darkness follows suit. as long as phcn is not yet unbundled and private companies come in to take over its still gnna be another merry go round

@otokx

that only happens around some places in port harcourt.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by ariyebaba(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
I lived @ Ilorin GRA . We do have constant(s) power supply. Sometime i do wonder if am in Nigeria.Whenever i look outside, i found friendly neighbors,environment devoid of noise, good road network, street lights,police patrol, etc. I don't own generator,am not willing or ready to get one. Power outage is within minutes or hour,afterwards they restore it. I dey enjoy my Naija. I cant remember the last time i heard the noise of generator. I sleep like baby,without mosquito biting. I m enjoying my ILORIN. I dont have to be in Lagos to live my life.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by mykali(m): 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2011
''improved'' is the last word that comes to mind. no power in 5days and counting. . . .
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by jimshimfe(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
i live in Tudunwada,jos,the situation is bad.if we see light for 6-8hrs in a day we are happy but what is a little bit consistent is 12midnight to 5am there will be light.am grateful atleast i can use the roomheater for my little boy.we have seen better days when we enjoy atleast 16hrs daily,so to say there is improvement,NO.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by elegal1(f): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2011
Where I live in Abuja,the light comes on and off 100 times a day.

Two weeks ago,I was in Umuahia,capital of Abia State.The light was permanently off for over two weeks.

In smaller/impoverished African Countries like sierra Leone,Togo,Senegal,etc.,the light is on 24/7.

Q.E.D
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Dandas: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2011
Yes,there is an improvement in my area,thanks to GEJ and Prof. Nnaji. How i wish they will flush out all these corrupt PHCN staff and sanitize the sector.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2011
Retardeen is just a failure.

See as people dey lament
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Orikinla(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2011
Yes!
One of my offices is located on the Bajulaiye Road in Shomolu, Lagos.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Emmyk(m): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
I'm down at Upper Gaa-Akanbi., It has improved and still improving a lot this days. Was wondering last week that who menanced the NEPA chaps (BOKO HARAM). Months ago, we use to av lite at 10:30am to 4:pm, and 10:3pm to around 5:am. But now, we're hitting 15-17hours electricity smiley
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by maxygirl(f): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
There has been positive improvement in Ikoyi where i stay and my colleague that stays around airport has attested to the positive change. But am in Calabar now, and the light situation is badddddddddddddd.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Exponental(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
Why dont we stop this rubbish, celebration of failure. Since we score govt @ 100days, why dont achieve a 100 days uninterrupted power supply 1st b4 we start giving credits.
I want 2 believe power outage is now part of some people, I can bet dat som people will remove the cut-out if there is a 24hrs continous supply.
Pls get used to uninterupted power supply n stop ds poverty ridden nature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World According To Americans / PHOTOS Of The N400million Mezedes Benz Buhari Turn Down / Buhari Set To Attend AU Confab On Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.