Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. (7850 Views)

Poll: Have They Improved?

Yes: 63% (84 votes)
No: 36% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

See What Fashola And Nepa Has Done To The Masses / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / And Suddenly, "Up NEPA" Has Returned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by 1121: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
Thanks 2 GEJ govt. Atleast we can boast of 16-18hrs of power supply in ma area in kd
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by pafegs(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2011
It hasnt improved much, i'd say, But what is more annoying is the fact their insane unjustified charges, you go to buy N3000 units and they give you N1000 units claiiming that they had to make deductions. This things is new developtment at Karu area Abuja.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by kabukabu(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2011
Have not experienced power failure, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. cool

You mean sometimes your fridge is turned off shocked

or sometimes you have to cook with gas shocked

or you are downloading movies and the power goes off shocked

or you are watching a movie with your girl and the tv goes off shocked

or you are driving down the street and the streetlights go off shocked

WOW. grin
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Blakjewelry(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2011
its like this phcn guys have gone from bad to worst,before we use to have light almost  constantly. but right now, it a different tori cry
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Titoije: 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
Not in Asaba, Delta State. No sir! For the past one to two months, it's being generator most of the time.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by spicyhunky: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
I know this will suprise some people. I live in an area in Mararaba {Abacha Road} near fct where I have enjoyed constant power for the past 3 years.Yes I mean constant power at least 23 hours a day for the past 3 years.As a matter of fact ice block manufacturing industries sprang up here because of constant power and I see that as a reflection of what can happen in terms of small scale businesses and employment if we had constant power all over Nigeria.However in the month of September the light went off for a period of 3 weeks and we learnt they were upgrading.Within that period I spent about N35,000 to power my generator cause we where already used to having light on even when sleeping at night.Anyway the light has been restored now and its constant.A 2 bedroom flat cost 600k here.No thanks to contant power -X smiley
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by koseepaaro(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2011
To be honest with ourselves, these PHCN people are traying for us at both my house (Oshodi) and my place of work (Akoka, Yaba). I rearly put ON generator in a week (atimes) in my place of work. I usually put ON my gen from around 10am -8pm Monday through Saturday, But I could still remember clearly that the N320 petrol and N50 engine oil that I bought since two weeks ago is still remaining in the fuel tank. Though I use I-better-pass-my-neighbour generator sa.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by realsemaj: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2011
I live in UST area in port harcourt, it has been total black out for more than a week now. I've not seen any reasonable improvement in power supply.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by amurx(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
atleast they ar trying, the last time light went off for like 7days in Ago- iwoye,they (PHCN) went roumd apologising for the inconveniences
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2011
this is the first time to hear positve comment about  Nepa unlike b4, shows there is hope (Nigeria)tongue
atleast not everybody  agrees its getting bad,
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by daroz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
I stay in benin. My gen had a little fault last 2weeks and I have not bothered to get it fixed since then cos PHCH electricity has improved alot. I rather save the money i am suppose to use fuel the gen everyday and use it to pay heavy PHCN bill at the end of the month.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by gozick(m): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2011
In my area for onitsha anambra state,now we used to have light atleast 22hrs evryday for the past 4mnths.plz mak una clap for oga joe and phcn staff i no dey easy abeg
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
To be sincere, they have improved a lot.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Goldenheart(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2011
well, in iyana ipaja lagos, at least, for the past one month we been xperiencing constant supply, what really happened?
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Goldenheart(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2011
well, in iyana ipaja lagos, at least, for the past one month we been xperiencing constant supply, what really happened?
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by chiefanan: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2011
I fear that all the efforts and promises of the present government will be like it has always been. i wonder why it seems so hard to improve the generation of electricity in Nigeria

what we have in my area is less than "epileptic electricity"
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by daroz(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
chief anan:

I fear that all the efforts and promises of the present government will be like it has always been. i wonder why it seems so hard to improve the generation of electricity in Nigeria

what we have in my area is less than "epileptic electricity"

wat is this one saying?
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by justin04(m): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
Abeg jo, improve wetin, nah 9ja where PHCN back up your generator angry. Cos generator runs more than PHCN does.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by http(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2011
There is no power outage in my area except when there is Thunderstorm or Tornado grin grin grin
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Harmvirus(f): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2011
i think they have improved here in osha
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by stillme(m): 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
No improvement at all. Two days on one day off.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by JayKid1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
NEPA?? shocked
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by otumfour(m): 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
shocked shocked 2011!!!! giant of Africa indeed, the devil is a liar.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by omaojo1: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
In my area, the situation has really improved.

In the early days of this govt, I almost mocked one alhajia that voted for GEJ for the incessant blackout, thank God i didn't else i would have got some questions to answer. I was asking my room mate what to do with the light cos it is too much-see what the lack of it has caused some of us to believe

Sincerely, it is the same story everywhere; but my critical mind keeps telling me that it is an 'enjoy it while it lasts' thing as this improvement in supply is not as a result of increased investment in generation.

The days ahead will prove me wrong if this rate of supply is maintained or even surpassed.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by mrofficial(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2011
[size=15pt]2 days improvement, then we head back to the usual. Sometimes, we quickly forget.[/size]
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by jaffi: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
power supply has be constant, IMPROVED to about 95%, haven't used my generator in 2weeks!
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by thuao(m): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
For the past 2mths now we no get light for our area. All because say dem wan carry our 33kva transformer give us 11kva. The 33kva sef no Enof. So since we no gree dem don put us on blackout.
Na God go save naija.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by thuao(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
For the past 2mths now we no get light for our area. All because say dem wan carry our 33kva transformer give us 11kva. The 33kva sef no Enof. So since we no gree dem don put us on blackout.
Na God go save naija.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Phony200(m): 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
Two full days uninterrupted, one night. Works fine by me as it's always constant and this way, the transformer is unlikely to be overloaded any time soon
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Istand(m): 12:18am On Sep 27, 2011
4 my area, its a day no a day off.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by kart042000(m): 1:16am On Sep 27, 2011
Where I am in ore, the light is one day on, one day off, and the the one day on sef, highly epileptic, sometimes, 2-4hrs a day, other times 8-10hrs a day and dem bill after one month 4K-7K, na die. Well my house in lagos have steady power, like 15-20hrs a day, wow. While in ilorin, my salute goes to bukola saraki, he made it happen a long time ago, u get 22-24hrs of light, @adewole area, maybe na because say na campus and general hospital line grin.
But in this country we've forgotten our rights, our ears are so used to generator sounds that it goes off and you feel something is wrong. God bless nigeria, God help our leaders.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Texther(m): 1:24am On Sep 27, 2011
dem dey try these days ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" / Rivers State Crisis; Chidi Lloyd And His Terror Master / Meeting Of Biafrans In Russia, Malaysia, Israel, Germany- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.