Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis (34271 Views)

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations / Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter / Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Papilagreen: 12:51pm On May 16, 2023
This is just one of the great reasons why I say no matter how bad it is for you in this life.. try visit other develop countries and see how advanced they are in technology then u go understand.
Honestly I think u don't really know what time it is when it comes to technology revolution..
Petroleum in respect to carbon emissions is something that every advanced country are fighting to stop.. do u know what is going on in China right now just saying..

Look unless na that Nigeria u dey base ur facts on only then I might understand u. But if na world wide thing u dey generalize then I disagree with you all the way.. go study more on this do ur proper research and get back to me. No offense just saying

michlins:
you will still need diesel to charge your electric car. Forget all these emissions standard and stuff, they're there for those conferences they attend and sign for more loans

Mark it somewhere, petrol will still power the greater part of industrialization for the next century.

Heck, crude and diesel are cheaper than electric. Lithium is very very scarce and it's a race to get enough. What is currently happening in the chip industry is nothing to what is coming
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Papilagreen: 12:54pm On May 16, 2023
erico2k2:

Let me ask one question here, what are the benefit of electric cars? And who does it benefits?

Lol na because our government and our leaders deprive us of our basic necessities that you really don't know the benefit of electricity and why the benefit of electric cars are..
Na because u no dey sleep with light wake up with light that is why you asked this question and I am very positive about that. No offense.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by erico2k2(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2023
Papilagreen:

Lol na because our government and our leaders deprive us of our basic necessities that you really don't know the benefit of electricity and why the benefit of electric cars are..
Na because u no dey sleep with light wake up with light that is why you asked this question and I am very positive about that. No offense.
you are missing the point, do not forget, I live in a society where we have thousands of Electric cars and still do not see the benefits of Electric cars, so I ask again list 5 benefits of owning an electric car.By the grace of God, I have minimum of 20 years experience as an Engineer in the UK,SO Im not naive about the Engineering and the Chemical functions of an Electric car, so I ask again what do you believe are the Benefits of Electric cars?
PS, No offence taken we are having conversation that is very enlightening so speak freely by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Papilagreen: 3:31pm On May 16, 2023
Awesome since u want 5 benefits let me give u some great benefits..also I live in the United states of America and basically all the automatic here are switching to either hybrid or fully electric.
Now in most states in America ,they have already passed bill to stop using petroleum cars here in America you can Google more about it to be very sure and to be precise sanfracisco and Florida are already passing the bill for final approval with huge success rate..

Haven sid that I will say this also.. if I stand outside my house if 30 cars drive by, 22 of those cars are either fully electric or hybrid and if you want me to make a short video for you I can to prove that fact.

Now with that said let me give you the 5 benefits ad u asked.

1, climate change and air pollution..
Go to river state and see the smog cause by the refineries there. It doesn't stop there we get monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, particles, and sulfur dioxide particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds, benzene, metals and sulphur dioxide and may more due to the process of refining petroleum.do you know the amount of people who die every year from such.. skin cancer lung cancer the list goes on.

2 noise pollution.. u know what I mean by tht..

3, war.. i.e Nigeria delta militants MEND and the rest.. and u should know so many lives lost.

4, water and wild life pollution- u dey see watin petrol dey do our fall and wild life and water life when there is oil spillage.. so that u get the point..

See I can go on and on on the disadvantage of petroleum..

Advantage of electric cars..

1, help beat climate change 85% down I don't have to say much on that cause u get the point.

2 it's cheaper. A full charged Tesla or a Mercedes EQS will go far miles than a full tank of gas you can do the research and see..

3, comfort of charging ur car from home without having to always go stay at the gas station..
4, way more job opportunity and more profit in cost production of EV cars to that of petroleum cars. You can go look at the mercedes annual growth indes they have online form their electric cars compare to the gas cars nd see the profit margin. That u can get from their official web page so I dontbhave to say much..

5 EV cars are more sophisticated in terms of advanced technology when comprered to gas cars.
You and I can agree on one thing that Nigeria is 15 years behind in technology and innovation so with my predictions dangote have atleaste 10yers tops to try and cap his profit margins or it's gone. And Nigerians have to start thinking another alternative to petroleum cause we going to get it hard if we don't go into full time battery productions for both phones and cars we have all the natural resources.

I hope with this I am able to give you my points so now my question for you is give me 5 reasons why Ev cars won't take over 98% of all cars in the world in few years from today?

erico2k2:

you are missing the point, do not forget, I live in a society where we have thousands of Electric cars and still do not see the benefits of Electric cars, so I ask again list 5 benefits of owning an electric car.By the grace of God, I have minimum of 20 years experience as an Engineer in the UK,SO Im not naive about the Engineering and the Chemical functions of an Electric car, so I ask again what do you believe are the Benefits of Electric cars?
PS, No offence taken we are having conversation that is very enlightening so speak freely by all means.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by erico2k2(m): 4:17pm On May 16, 2023
Papilagreen:

Awesome since u want 5 benefits let me give u some great benefits..also I live in the United states of America and basically all the automatic here are switching to either hybrid or fully electric.
Now in most states in America ,they have already passed bill to stop using petroleum cars here in America you can Google more about it to be very sure and to be precise sanfracisco and Florida are already passing the bill for final approval with huge success rate..

Haven sid that I will say this also.. if I stand outside my house if 30 cars drive by, 22 of those cars are either fully electric or hybrid and if you want me to make a short video for you I can to prove that fact.

Now with that said let me give you the 5 benefits ad u asked.

1, climate change and air pollution..
Go to river state and see the smog cause by the refineries there. It doesn't stop there we get monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, particles, and sulfur dioxide particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds, benzene, metals and sulphur dioxide and may more due to the process of refining petroleum.do you know the amount of people who die every year from such.. skin cancer lung cancer the list goes on.

2 noise pollution.. u know what I mean by tht..

3, war.. i.e Nigeria delta militants MEND and the rest.. and u should know so many lives lost.

4, water and wild life pollution- u dey see watin petrol dey do our fall and wild life and water life when there is oil spillage.. so that u get the point..

See I can go on and on on the disadvantage of petroleum..

Advantage of electric cars..

1, help beat climate change 85% down I don't have to say much on that cause u get the point.

2 it's cheaper. A full charged Tesla or a Mercedes EQS will go far miles than a full tank of gas you can do the research and see..

3, comfort of charging ur car from home without having to always go stay at the gas station..
4, way more job opportunity and more profit in cost production of EV cars to that of petroleum cars. You can go look at the mercedes annual growth indes they have online form their electric cars compare to the gas cars nd see the profit margin. That u can get from their official web page so I dontbhave to say much..

5 EV cars are more sophisticated in terms of advanced technology when comprered to gas cars.
You and I can agree on one thing that Nigeria is 15 years behind in technology and innovation so with my predictions dangote have atleaste 10yers tops to try and cap his profit margins or it's gone. And Nigerians have to start thinking another alternative to petroleum cause we going to get it hard if we don't go into full time battery productions for both phones and cars we have all the natural resources.

I hope with this I am able to give you my points so now my question for you is give me 5 reasons why Ev cars won't take over 98% of all cars in the world in few years from today?

in the 1st instance, Nigeria wont be amongst countries talking about Electric cars not in the next 100 years I can beat my chest to say that
2 Confort of charging cars from your home? have you thought these fru? so you tellig me all of a sudden all high raise Buildings ie complex of Estates 30 stories high will be brought down to make way for Bungalows and semi houses??Because obviously if you live on the 5ft floor the word comfort from your home goes out of the window.
3 You say EV cars are more sophisticated than Gas cars how?
4 You are talking of Mercedes, I was in their plant as early as December last year to work, They are swaying more into Hybrid rather than full electrics,
and your number 2 is absolutely wrong, it shows you have not been in a Tesla, It has be proven that the battery in your tesla can only be 95% charged and its highest mileage ever recorded on plane road ie the route 66 is roughly 456 miles, so you telling me my range rover on a full tank of diesel wont double that? have you also factor i n the cost of charging and waiting times?
5 Climate change. Now have you thought of the opportunity cost in manufacturing of the batteries used in storing power for EV cars?Do you know that a typical EV car will never offset the CO2 emission it generates during the manufacturing process of its batteries plus the Co2 generated whilst generating the power to charge in its entire life time?
Now as You can seee, from an Engineering point of view the only people who are realy going to benefit from EVs are the manufactureres.Also if you speak to any Engineer who is into Automobiles, they will tell you exact thesame thing. However there is a Big BUT, the Way forward is for a new kind of fuel, or HYBRID,90% of EVs you see on the road as we speak are all Hybrids, take for example your local Taxi in the US and UK Toyota Pious, they all HYBRID. howmany Full electric toyota taxi have you seen?
In London the only True EV we see are the LT aka Black cab and they all based in the city(Central London)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Papilagreen: 6:13pm On May 16, 2023
See you are not getting it right.. u just keep saying the same thing over and over again..

Bro u are a automotive engineer no problem but you keep getting it wrong..

U talking about big buildings even at that towers are brought down easy and new structures erected there..
I don drive Tesla tire infact I use it for Uber on a daily.. I don't own one because it's not well built to my standard yet maybe when Tesla decide to make the car sophisticated in terms of built quilt material wise then I might consider getting one .

I will stand my ground anyway anytime ur range no use am Compre electric car abeg e get why...
Also i won't bother saying much again as u believe fuel car go last u till the end of time cary on sir..
I dey work for tech and my company are now investing on flying cars just FYI.. and we already have them already but fucking expensive. Do ur research..
We are just shering point and I stand my ground and u can stand on urs..

But if u feel petroleum go stand the test of time and since u be engineer why not go build a car manufacturing company then in Nigeria so you can continue to make cars that run on fuel when compnises like GMC or Ford or merdedies or Tesla etc stop building gas cars cause they don talk am already...

My own point is this. I know in exactly 15 to 20 years from today, all major cr companies will stop cars tht run on fuel or diesel.

If you disagree it's still fine by me..

But I am a data scientist by profession and with all my facts gathered I am very sure 198% sure that if few years from today the dangote fuel refinery won't be able to keep up..

The only use for his fuel then might be for generators if it hasn't been fully banned yet due to health hazard..
I have my facts and I will stand by it..
My advice to you is don't venture into anyinvestment that will focused on petroleum if it's a long term venure you going into or you will fold up your company if it lasts.
But what do I know s you said . But I will not agree with u on ur stand any day any time take me anywhere I stand my ground

I asked you a question u disagree with some of my opinion tell me in details so I understand because you didn't explain the reason for disagreement with my point all u say is u disagree so I don't get u..

erico2k2:

in the 1st instance, Nigeria wont be amongst countries talking about Electric cars not in the next 100 years I can beat my chest to say that
2 Confort of charging cars from your home? have you thought these fru? so you tellig me all of a sudden all high raise Buildings ie complex of Estates 30 stories high will be brought down to make way for Bungalows and semi houses??Because obviously if you live on the 5ft floor the word comfort from your home goes out of the window.
3 You say EV cars are more sophisticated than Gas cars how?
4 You are talking of Mercedes, I was in their plant as early as December last year to work, They are swaying more into Hybrid rather than full electrics,
and your number 2 is absolutely wrong, it shows you have not been in a Tesla, It has be proven that the battery in your tesla can only be 95% charged and its highest mileage ever recorded on plane road ie the route 66 is roughly 456 miles, so you telling me my range rover on a full tank of diesel wont double that? have you also factor i n the cost of charging and waiting times?
5 Climate change. Now have you thought of the opportunity cost in manufacturing of the batteries used in storing power for EV cars?Do you know that a typical EV car will never offset the CO2 emission it generates during the manufacturing process of its batteries plus the Co2 generated whilst generating the power to charge in its entire life time?
Now as You can seee, from an Engineering point of view the only people who are realy going to benefit from EVs are the manufactureres.Also if you speak to any Engineer who is into Automobiles, they will tell you exact thesame thing. However there is a Big BUT, the Way forward is for a new kind of fuel, or HYBRID,90% of EVs you see on the road as we speak are all Hybrids, take for example your local Taxi in the US and UK Toyota Pious, they all HYBRID. howmany Full electric toyota taxi have you seen?
In London the only True EV we see are the LT aka Black cab and they all based in the city(Central London)

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2023
Papilagreen:
See you are not getting it right.. u just keep saying the same thing over and over again..

Bro u are a automotive engineer no problem but you keep getting it wrong..

U talking about big buildings even at that towers are brought down easy and new structures erected there..
I don drive Tesla tire infact I use it for Uber on a daily.. I don't own one because it's not well built to my standard yet maybe when Tesla decide to make the car sophisticated in terms of built quilt material wise then I might consider getting one .

I will stand my ground anyway anytime ur range no use am Compre electric car abeg e get why...
Also i won't bother saying much again as u believe fuel car go last u till the end of time cary on sir..
I dey work for tech and my company are now investing on flying cars just FYI.. and we already have them already but fucking expensive. Do ur research..
We are just shering point and I stand my ground and u can stand on urs..

But if u feel petroleum go stand the test of time and since u be engineer why not go build a car manufacturing company then in Nigeria so you can continue to make cars that run on fuel when compnises like GMC or Ford or merdedies or Tesla etc stop building gas cars cause they don talk am already...

My own point is this. I know in exactly 15 to 20 years from today, all major cr companies will stop cars tht run on fuel or diesel.

If you disagree it's still fine by me..

But I am a data scientist by profession and with all my facts gathered I am very sure 198% sure that if few years from today the dangote fuel refinery won't be able to keep up..

The only use for his fuel then might be for generators if it hasn't been fully banned yet due to health hazard..
I have my facts and I will stand by it..
My advice to you is don't venture into anyinvestment that will focused on petroleum if it's a long term venure you going into or you will fold up your company if it lasts.
But what do I know s you said . But I will not agree with u on ur stand any day any time take me anywhere I stand my ground

I asked you a question u disagree with some of my opinion tell me in details so I understand because you didn't explain the reason for disagreement with my point all u say is u disagree so I don't get u..

Brother calm down, SO you are telling me the Govt is going to bring down entire complex, are you 4 real? you say you live in the USA have you not seen the housing complexes which are Mega ie housing more than 5k flats? in the Uk we call them Estates,.Are you not aware that the UK govt even most of the US states and local govt can no longer afford social housing to be built on their budgets?
The UK govt passed a new law mandating all new built houses from this year to have a charging point installed, this was geered 2wards the private sector building houses, Now a question was put to the Mayor while he was addressing the green men, what and where will high rise building charge their car as it is physically impossible to charge thier car overnight or at any time, guess what the answer was, They would have to charge at a charging point and pay, SO we established at that meeting you would need two cars, one to take you from you dropping off the car to charge and bring you back, or you sit inside your car to charge until such time you fully charged.as you can see logically that blows the act of convenience out of the roof
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Parachoko: 9:06pm On May 16, 2023
olakan22:
This should be treated with caution. Just last month, there were reports that the refinery was not going to be ready until say 2025.
Buhari is looking to borrow another $800million to fund his social intervention to cushion subsidy removal effects.
The fact that Dangote has pushed to be the only one licensed to import refined products once his refinery starts working is enough caution. At this time, the Dangote refinery is perhaps not the best for our petrol industry
You're ignorant

More than 10 people were giving licenses to build refineries under the tenure of Obasanjo.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Parachoko: 9:10pm On May 16, 2023
Arabk25:

My brother know this today monopoly has a very big role to play here.

There are men in this country who are far 3times richer than dangote who can even finance this refinery project without borrowing

I can tell you that for free. Am into the oil industry I know what am saying. Do you think dangote is only the sole owner of that refinery? My friend this country is way too big for anybody to even comprehend. There are so many share holders in that refinery that you don't know about. I reserve my comment but have this in mind, Nigeria government can't give you a license to build such refinery without benefiting from it.

Look at how you're telling lies comfortably grin

The bolded nah Pure Bulcrap
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Parachoko: 9:11pm On May 16, 2023
Arabk25:

There are men in this country who are far 3times richer than dangote who can even finance this refinery project without borrowing

Are you an Obidunze Orchin?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Parachoko: 9:12pm On May 16, 2023
pharmaking:

God bless SE too, but Peter Obi will never be our President.

Him and his followers will continue to labour in vain.
Amen!!
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Papilagreen: 9:31pm On May 16, 2023
Watin concern building concern car?
Watin concern government and private sector on what they want to build.
I no get u at all. See abeg no vex u be engineer I gree mechanical engineering for that matter..
Make we wait till then and see I no wan argue with u again cause it's not adding up at all so make we forget abeg I rest my case but u are not making any point at all to me..
Why u dey compare UK with America..
U know history at all so..
China one of the biggest developing country go do ur research there are big cities in China nobody dey occupy them with latest buildings here for America we get full towns nobody dey live there again abandoned sites.
This life chnge is innevitable. Few years ago we get drones? We get Artificial intelligence? We been get electric cars years ago??

No be Saudi arabia dey build the future city abi u no get the info?

Bro take it or leave it very soon petrol will not be in high demand anymore. If countries wain dey build cars decide no more production of gas cars only electric make Nigeria come stop am na.
Go do it reach well forget say u be mechanical engineer look facts go look survays and see how electric cars are doing and the trans the analyze am towed the future and get ur facts right..
No vex but I no wan argue again stick to ur point and the future will tell simple.

erico2k2:

Brother calm down, SO you are telling me the Govt is going to bring down entire complex, are you 4 real? you say you live in the USA have you not seen the housing complexes which are Mega ie housing more than 5k flats? in the Uk we call them Estates,.Are you not aware that the UK govt even most of the US states and local govt can no longer afford social housing to be built on their budgets?
The UK govt passed a new law mandating all new built houses from this year to have a charging point installed, this was geered 2wards the private sector building houses, Now a question was put to the Mayor while he was addressing the green men, what and where will high rise building charge their car as it is physically impossible to charge thier car overnight or at any time, guess what the answer was, They would have to charge at a charging point and pay, SO we established at that meeting you would need two cars, one to take you from you dropping off the car to charge and bring you back, or you sit inside your car to charge until such time you fully charged.as you can see logically that blows the act of convenience out of the roof
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by erico2k2(m): 12:13am On May 17, 2023
Papilagreen:
Watin concern building concern car?
Watin concern government and private sector on what they want to build.
I no get u at all. See abeg no vex u be engineer I gree mechanical engineering for that matter..
Make we wait till then and see I no wan argue with u again cause it's not adding up at all so make we forget abeg I rest my case but u are not making any point at all to me..
Why u dey compare UK with America..
U know history at all so..
China one of the biggest developing country go do ur research there are big cities in China nobody dey occupy them with latest buildings here for America we get full towns nobody dey live there again abandoned sites.
This life chnge is innevitable. Few years ago we get drones? We get Artificial intelligence? We been get electric cars years ago??

No be Saudi arabia dey build the future city abi u no get the info?

Bro take it or leave it very soon petrol will not be in high demand anymore. If countries wain dey build cars decide no more production of gas cars only electric make Nigeria come stop am na.
Go do it reach well forget say u be mechanical engineer look facts go look survays and see how electric cars are doing and the trans the analyze am towed the future and get ur facts right..
No vex but I no wan argue again stick to ur point and the future will tell simple.

ALl I can deduce from you argument is simply you mixing Hybrid cars as EV
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by olakan22: 4:12pm On May 17, 2023
Parachoko:
You're ignorant

More than 10 people were giving licenses to build refineries under the tenure of Obasanjo.

You should read my comment again ẹ̀gbọ́n
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Cromagnon: 6:42pm On May 21, 2023
Pascal9:
most are been closed name one country that is building coal power plant in this 21 century.
You're not very good at this are you

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Pascal9: 11:08am On May 22, 2023
Cromagnon:

You're not very good at this are you
if you want to return back to 14century you are free, don't drag people follow you.haba!
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Cromagnon: 5:17pm On May 29, 2023
Pascal9:
if you want to return back to 14century you are free, don't drag people follow you.haba!

This was all last year o
21st century coal plants

You realize ppl still use firewood today more than in 19th Century?

Better stop watching western propaganda

And think before you talk
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by EtinosaDLaw(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2023
Nigerians how far? Una mumu never do? Abi una want more lies?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by EtinosaDLaw(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2023
I bought fuel from Dangote filling station at 185/lt this morning 😊😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stanbic's N60,250,000 Recovered From A Supermarket In Port-Harcourt / Academic Writing- A Goldmine On Fiverr: Learn How I Made Over $3,000 In 5 Months / Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 66th Birthday, Dances With Otedola & Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.