Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You (7194 Views)

I Did POS Attendant For Two Weeks / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview / Life Is Izokuthoba: It Will Humble You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 12, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Brother, I am sorry to use myself as an example over and over, the truth is, government is like my father. In fact I lost my Dad at age 2.

But I saw my Dad's house, an old upstairs when I was in primary 5 or so. I said to myself, if my Dad could do this, being barely literate, I will do much better than him in life being literate. That's my thinking at 11 or so.

I've not neared his records in any way today. But he's just like a stranger. I don't have to look up to strangers because I may not have what worked for them exactly. But I do have my very own "opportunities".

Please don't look for justifications in what "strangers" ought to have made available that you don't have, if they could, they would have. Imagine if the Igbos have to stop because "everybody has issue with the Igbo" kind of mentality is fanned into Igbo business life?

We want to escape creative thinking and problem solving in our own generation whereby, everyone is brandishing academic qualifications, the academy will never solve the problem, it will rather add to it.

You will not learn the business aspects of interpersonal relationship in the four walls of the classroom, you will by solving life problems. If you study electronic electrical, are you into this "elect-elect" business or into job hunting?

Thomas Edison, the father of electricity was a businessman, a great one for that matter. Now how about Tesla, what attitude did he took to America and who was most intelligent out of the two brother? What about Ford etc?

If you check them Gay Luzac, Avogadro and all this people whose observations were put into "account", most were individuals who were working and on the job recorded their observations and empirical findings.

I wonder where we're going cramming their findings without being involved in the business that this people do. Talk about scrap. So let's find the main thing and not glorify the programmed scrap. It will take us nowhere, our children are coming too, they're almost here.

Innoson is not teaching but working,. Dangote, Otedola and all these great men were not extraordinarily brilliant, I'm not saying that they are low IQ, but that they started like with similar passion and scarce opportunities as you and I.

If we start looking at doing the very job and forsake the status that we educate ourselves into, we will have great industries on the job.
Your late dad might sold some pieces of land and use the proceed to erect that house.Do you think farming can give him such amount of money to build a house?Do you even know how many months it takes for a cassava and yam to grow for harvest?
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by absoluteSuccess: 9:53pm On May 12, 2023
Revolution2022:
Your late dad might sold some pieces of land and use the proceed to erect that house.Do you think farming can give him such amount of money to build a house?Do you even know how many months it takes for a cassava and yam to grow for harvest?

Not at all. He used farming back in time. Remember that you don't sell land in the village?

The people of old usually pool workforce, Dad usually "buy" this labor, he finds ways to manage people who are experts in what they do.

In this era, lesser running cost on family life, mothers often nurture their children independently. Also, farmers grow much cash crops (kolanut, Palm tree, foodcrop)) and they hardly spend on food except the one they don't grow.

Their needs were extremely few and their taste close to nature.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by seetomorrow: 12:01am On May 13, 2023
DigiPerson:
Unemployment is such a bad thing that even who you perceive as an enemy does not deserve it. It keeps you demoralized, devalued, troubled, ashamed, weakened, hungry and starving, emaciated, frustrated depressed and suicidal. God help your son(children) from unemployment. It is only who hasn't stayed jobless before that will not understand this.

I have applied for jobs online and offline but just not lucky enough to land one, and so i decided to try offline again that yesterday with hunger and frustration glaring on me.

Having witnessed all that come with unemployment especially hunger and inability to afford the basics, like I said, decided to put my faith into work once again offline. If I had stayed longer in the house, may be hunger would have destroyed me.

I left the house in faith with nothing on me to trek around from office to office. I had covered a distance and some places, from 9am till 1pm. I became tired at some point and needed to rest. When I stood up to continue, the tiredness was too much so I decided to start trekking back home. This time, using any shortcut I know to ease the journey for me. That was where I came across a construction site.

"Since I left house with nothing, what is my hope going back with nothing? If I can get any job in this site now, I'm sure of earning something" - so I was talking to myself. With the corporate way I dressed, I walked into the site and asked to see the contractor. When he came out, I was very open to him. I told the man that I am jobless and hungry and this is the last place of hope I can work to earn something to eat. In short, I need a job here. The man looked me with the tucked in shirt and thought I was joking. He said, "but you don't look like who can do labour job here". I told him, "sir, forget the way I'm dressed. I want to work and earn something even if it's half-day pay". He asked again, are you sure want to do this and I said "yes", Ok, if you can do it, I have a job for you, follow me. He showed me where to use a wheel barrow to convey gravels from and to. He still thought I was joking. By this time, other workers there were looking at us. To his surprise, I removed my shoes, removed my trouser, removed my shirt. I was only left with inner wears. I grabbed the wheel barrow with a shovel and went for the first turn. That was when the man believed I was serious. I went on with the work but later got so weak due to empty stomach. He gave me N1000 to buy food for myself and later I continued with the work. At the end of the day, he handed me another N1500. That was how I was able to earn a living working in the construction site when I never thought of.

Nigeria will humble you even with your degree.

Going back home, pains upon pains. Body pains. Joint pains. Muscle pains. Headache. I couldn't close my eyes at night. God help me.

Nigeria would humble you.

If this is true, i really really feel your pains in my heart, i swear. i just wish i have a better place, i would have done something right away, i swear..gush.
keep believing, be rest assured that your breakthrough is around the corner, believe me and trust in God, he will lead you through soon. But when God show up, try and remember those that are like you then.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Bakrabas: 6:38am On May 13, 2023
Seagodess:
You guys will just come here and tell lies while sleeping in ur bed at home just to get favour from some persons.. since when my brother was scammed here on nairaland.i stopped believing ur cock and bull stories.. liar

Because your brother was scammed here doesn't mean that genuine people and God fearing don't exist on nairaland.

Haven't people being scammed offline before?

The people that made up of real life be it good or bad are the one you see online as well.

We've seen people who met their helper here with touching success story.

Someone from here on the first day of Jan, 2023 bought data worth thousands of naira from me and ran away.

And I've seen genuine people that pay better.

You women are the source of life and I pray for the best among you as my wife and as my daughters

4 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Ameoba300: 6:44am On May 13, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Brother, I am sorry to use myself as an example over and over, the truth is, government is like my father. In fact I lost my Dad at age 2.

But I saw my Dad's house, an old upstairs when I was in primary 5 or so. I said to myself, if my Dad could do this, being barely literate, I will do much better than him in life being literate. That's my thinking at 11 or so.

I've not neared his records in any way today. But he's just like a stranger. I don't have to look up to strangers because I may not have what worked for them exactly. But I do have my very own "opportunities".

Please don't look for justifications in what "strangers" ought to have made available that you don't have, if they could, they would have. Imagine if the Igbos have to stop because "everybody has issue with the Igbo" kind of mentality is fanned into Igbo business life?

We want to escape creative thinking and problem solving in our own generation whereby, everyone is brandishing academic qualifications, the academy will never solve the problem, it will rather add to it.

You will not learn the business aspects of interpersonal relationship in the four walls of the classroom, you will by solving life problems. If you study electronic electrical, are you into this "elect-elect" business or into job hunting?

Thomas Edison, the father of electricity was a businessman, a great one for that matter. Now how about Tesla, what attitude did he took to America and who was most intelligent out of the two brother? What about Ford etc?

If you check them Gay Luzac, Avogadro and all this people whose observations were put into "account", most were individuals who were working and on the job recorded their observations and empirical findings.

I wonder where we're going cramming their findings without being involved in the business that this people do. Talk about scrap. So let's find the main thing and not glorify the programmed scrap. It will take us nowhere, our children are coming too, they're almost here.

Innoson is not teaching but working,. Dangote, Otedola and all these great men were not extraordinarily brilliant, I'm not saying that they are low IQ, but that they started like with similar passion and scarce opportunities as you and I.

If we start looking at doing the very job and forsake the status that we educate ourselves into, we will have great industries on the job.

This 📌

2 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Keedyreal: 7:10am On May 13, 2023
Olachase:
You no con enter one beer palour mk u order for one chill beer, well congratulations you have gotten a job,

2500 * 22 =55,000

If you ready to drop ur certificate and hustle like a drop out, I have a job on my farm for you
Good day chief, can i work on ur farm too? i desperately need dis job too
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by greatcheer(f): 7:18am On May 13, 2023
Reality of life
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by absoluteSuccess: 8:03am On May 13, 2023
Ameoba300:

This 📌

In all honesty, it is not what we don't have that makes us poor, but what we have that we don't know how to use.

Where we have nothing, we are rich if only we have the right internal dialogue. It will only take time before we get on track.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Berrityga: 8:30am On May 13, 2023
One of my guy dey come my house everyday dey beg for food and money for my hand. Yesterday I told him to follow my gateman to do site work 4500 a day. The guy said he can't do it that he doesn't have the strength. Omo I've instructed my gateman not to allow him into my compound again. Many people see you successful but they don't know the pains you went through to get to that position in life. I've washed peoples cloths, floors, cars, I've carried block, done casting work. Today I own my own outfit and I have 3 workers. This life is for the hardworking.

3 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by GoWithGood: 8:52am On May 13, 2023
Bakrabas:

Because your brother was scammed here doesn't mean that genuine people and God fearing don't exist on nairaland.

Haven't people being scammed offline before?

The people that made up of real life be it good or bad are the one you see online as well.

We've seen people who met their helper here with touching success story.

Someone from here on the first day of Jan, 2023 bought data worth thousands of naira from me and ran away.

And I've seen genuine people that pay better.

You women are the source of life and I pray for the best among you as my wife and as my daughters

No, they think everything here is fake and nothing but fake.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by GoWithGood: 8:56am On May 13, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

In all honesty, it is not what we don't have that makes us poor, but what we have that we don't know how to use.

Where we have nothing, we are rich if only we have the right internal dialogue. It will only take time before we get on track.

Thank you for the bolded quote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Ameoba300: 9:38am On May 13, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

You're absolutely correct. I watched a video yesterday and the guy made a very profound statement: the most expensive thing we're all paying for is what we don't know. We're all paying for ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 10:21am On May 13, 2023
shortgun:

This is the mentality that's keeping most youths in the country jobless and unproductive.
That you got tertiary education doesn't mean you must be employed by govt or land a white collar job.

Tertiary education should prepare you for a life of independence, build your confidence in the society and stimulate innovativeness in you.

For a country with a population of close to 300m people there's alot a graduate can do to earn a decent living.

You begin to fail the day you start to think that there are jobs beneath you.

I totally understand that tertiary education perception but nothing can be built on nothing. You build something on something.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 10:23am On May 13, 2023
seetomorrow:

If this is true, i really really feel your pains in my heart, i swear. i just wish i have a better place, i would have done something right away, i swear..gush.
keep believing, be rest assured that your breakthrough is around the corner, believe me and trust in God, he will lead you through soon. But when God show up, try and remember those that are like you then.

Such is life bro. Such is life.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by geesilver(m): 10:35am On May 13, 2023
That's the Level of hopelessness in this country, it's beyond humble you it would make you suicidal if you are weak in thought
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Bakrabas: 10:44am On May 13, 2023
GoWithGood:

No, they think everything here is fake and nothing but fake.

Na so
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Tompson88: 11:11am On May 13, 2023
Taking pain killer everyday comes with some side effects=Emmamay10 post=123092228]Construction industry to the rescue. That's one of the multiplier effects of construction sites. Just take painkiller, you will be fine. Better days ahead.[/quote]
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by absoluteSuccess: 12:10pm On May 13, 2023
Ameoba300:

You're absolutely correct. I watched a video yesterday and the guy made a very profound statement: the most expensive thing we're all paying for is what we don't know. We're all paying for ignorance.

That's the very core of business. I can teach you Microsoft Word, but you can be using it and still be paying me to get your finished manuscript as ebook.

You know it as ebook, I print it as PDF, you win and I win. Meanwhile, I have trained you to be independent, but you choose to depend on me after training, you don't want to think.

So we're all paying for our ignorance. This brother (OP) writes so well but still ignorant of what he could do online with the skill, he tried manual labor, paying for ignorance.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Caleb15(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2023
Paying for ignorance, not everyone is born wise, what's the price making sense to a dummy who believes the real advice is in money
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 11:11am On May 14, 2023
Caleb15:
Paying for ignorance, not everyone is born wise, what's the price making sense to a dummy who believes the real advice is in money

You people speak I'm parable. Can you please be more straightforward so we can understand?
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Caleb15(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2023
DigiPerson:

You people speak I'm parable. Can you please be more straightforward so we can understand?

Use chat GPT, it takes wisdom to differenciate between stupidity and folly
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by WhiteRuler: 6:06pm On May 14, 2023
The street is not smiling at all. People spend years in the university to study one course or the other and come out to be roaming the street aimlessly like a homeless person in search for work. How come we don't see the children of the elite seeking employment?
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by WhiteRuler: 6:08pm On May 14, 2023
Honestly, if opinion is sought whether Nigeria should be sold or not, I'm among the first people that will give a YES. And a big YES for that.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by 55truth: 6:12pm On May 14, 2023
Another banger. Frustrating stories everywhere. Who curse Nigeria?
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by ILikeYou: 6:29pm On May 14, 2023
Bro, just keep on pushing and know that nobody really cares about you except yourself.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Keep2gether(f): 7:55pm On May 14, 2023
It is a shame that those sent to school cannot come back and make the family proud with a good job. Very shameful
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by NoshakingGod(f): 7:47am On May 15, 2023
I understand that unemployment is a global challenge but the one of Nigeria is just something else. If I see Lord Lugard, i would ask him what he smoke when he made Nigeria the way it's.

Dear brother, may God favor you with a good paying job that you will look back and thank Him for his greatness.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Cpossibility(m): 7:57am On May 15, 2023
I really feel pity for you. I wish I have a job and I can offer one to you.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by VTJN(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2023
NoshakingGod:
I understand that unemployment is a global challenge but the one of Nigeria is just something else. If I see Lord Lugard, i would ask him what he smoke when he made Nigeria the way it's.

Dear brother, may God favor you with a good paying job that you will look back and thank Him for his greatness.
is Lord Lugard responsible for unemployment and other challenges in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by NoshakingGod(f): 2:51pm On May 15, 2023
VTJN:
is Lord Lugard responsible for unemployment and other challenges in Nigeria?

Bro, the geographical arrangement of the country has serious negative effect on employment and development
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by MostImportant(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2023
If this is true, may you find grace that will land you a good job soon. Meanwhile, I'm also mob hunting like you.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by NotAMan: 4:42pm On May 15, 2023
Me I have already made up my mimd. My children can never rely on education alone. The frustration is too much for graduates. A boy must play football by the Grace of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customer Service Officer Urgently Needed / OANDO Assessment Invite / Federal Judicial Service Commission Started Calling For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.