Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Career Women And Their Dating Problems - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Career Women And Their Dating Problems (21349 Views)

Secrets About Women And Sex / Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) / “If You Wear A Pant Throughout The Day, You’ve Got Problems” - Twitter Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by ednut1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

So, what caliber of women are the high-earning men looking for?
women in chilling fields that can allow them focus on the kids and the home . Some of them sha. Some will still go for career babes
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
ednut1:
women in chilling fields that can allow them focus on the kids and the home . Some of them sha. Some will still go for career babes

OK. I suppose you're a high-earning man. So, what caliber of women do you find attractive?
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by dealslip(f): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
pansophist:
Is it just career women? Dating is worse for every gender. The rot affect most people equally.

But specifically on this, men love language is respect. If he perceives a woman as an ally, instead of a competitor, you can make him do anything. A feminine, respectful, youthful woman makes men weak. No matter how macho.

Furthermore, hypergamy is a woman's best friend, and her worse enemy. If she is a high status/earning woman, then the selections of men will be fewer. Average earning woman? Then the selection of men will be many.

So it's either this women sacrifice their hypergamy for a good average man, just as men have always done by marrying low. And for men, the top always feels better because as he rises in finances, his pool of women increases.

It's no brainer that a man in his 30's for example will go for a 23 years old chick, than his colleague who are of his age range and single. Youthfulness is really important to men, not a woman's status.
If you stop seeing women from the prism of the body but as another human being like yourself experiencing the same Nigeria as you are experiencing, all your conditions for categorizing women will not matter anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Bfly: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
The thing is not about man not able to match them financially or intellectually. They lack emotional intelligence.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Adeoye11(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
We go dey alright laslas, I have a lot to say, but in bible's voice time will be a barrier.
Don't forget there are two sides of a talking drum.
What a guy said that I liked was that some of your bosses are married and they live fine.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by ednut1(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

OK. I suppose you're a high-earning man. So, what caliber of women do you find attractive?
grin i see myself as a normal man not high earning. For me a working class woman who can give priority to the family when need be

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Beesluv: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
I can't believe I watched the video to the end. Its nice
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Hassanmaye(m): 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
Persephone1:
I don't know about Instagram but must female tiktok users I follow are either into sales, skit makers, arts, interior deco, dance and only random shake yansh. They really don't focus on men do this, men should do that, men are this, men are that. grin grin cheesy. They have lives.
No, it is the only writing forum that discusses women like petrol price. grin

Romance discourse should be mutual nah angry
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by AfonjaPriest: 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
Opanka44:
Someone should pls help me. Hunger is tearing me in and out pls. I never knew hunger has such capacity to weaken and cause such depression and frustration. In God's name, help me pls. The hardship is too much to bear. I'm all alone in dis whole wide world. Help me people. Pls
Opanka44, it is now more than ever clear you have decided to put-on the toga of a beggar. The other time you begged, you wrote the following: "I typically wouldn't do this, but pls if there's anyone who can come to my aid, I will be glad. I understand how tormenting the situation of this country is presently, particularly economically. My two children are crying out for hunger. Two days ago we ate the last food at home. We now resort to buying raw food on credit and the sellers need money, they have refused further debts until we pay up. I'm just a labourer and Mason. No job for now."
Stop deceiving people with your plea for help.
Go to your church or mosque to beg. Stop being shameless; follow a dignified path of honest enterprise.

2 Likes

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by pansophist(m): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
dealslip:

If you stop seeing women from the prism of the body but as another human being like yourself experiencing the same Nigeria as you are experiencing, all your conditions for categorizing women will not matter anymore.

Do you see your fellow men as another human being experiencing Nigeria like you? If he is broke, short, ugly, and poor, will you date or marry him?

I know your type. You drink a daily dosage of lies every day, to convince yourself that you have evolved from your hypergamy, while also being a hypocrite. Getat.

12 Likes

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by sixtus3606(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Dimaya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3MCsqxBvA

]While many of them are high earners at work, they struggle to find men who match them intellectually and financially.

Arrant nonsen$e! Dem get money or intellect reach Chinedu for Alaba, wey dey bring in a minimum of 5 containers every month? Nonsen$e!!

1 Like

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Oluwaseunbandur: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
pansophist:
Is it just career women? Dating is worse for every gender. The rot affect most people equally.

But specifically on this, men love language is respect. If he perceives a woman as an ally, instead of a competitor, you can make him do anything. A feminine, respectful, youthful woman makes men weak. No matter how macho.

Furthermore, hypergamy is a woman's best friend, and her worse enemy. If she is a high status/earning woman, then the selections of men will be fewer. Average earning woman? Then the selection of men will be many.

So it's either this women sacrifice their hypergamy for a good average man, just as men have always done by marrying low. And for men, the top always feels better because as he rises in finances, his pool of women increases.

It's no brainer that a man in his 30's for example will go for a 23 years old chick, than his colleague who are of his age range and single. Youthfulness is really important to men, not a woman's status.

Seconded, but if woman has money, and child, she doesn't need a man again
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Caseless: 2:56am On Jul 08, 2023
Grace Fasomi.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Fhowe: 4:07am On Jul 08, 2023
Dshocker:
In as much as most men wants to marry an educated woman, but the problem is that educated and exposed women are rebellious, particularly if she is even independent and earns good pay.

That is why most or majority of men prefers marrying a younger and woman from an average home with little salary, than marrying a lady few years younger than them that earns more.
personally i feel they are the cause of their problems from wanting their own personal space and choice of lifestyle where different men can come to your apartment to pass the night , thats a turn off for most men
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by dealslip(f): 5:43am On Jul 08, 2023
pansophist:

Do you see your fellow men as another human being experiencing Nigeria like you? If he is broke, short, ugly, and poor, will you date or marry him?

I know your type. You drink a daily dosage of lies every day, to convince yourself that you have evolved from your hypergamy, while also being a hypocrite. Getat.
Some of you are just really bitter people who think women are piece of wood with no direction for their life. If I told you to see women as fellow human being don't you think that is my mindset already. I believe you are not even married, yet you know people's type immediately. That's what we are telling you to stop seeing everyone through the prism of their body - see you talking about short, ugly, broke, rich. Stop seeing people by their looks and pocket.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by bukatyne(f): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
Karnice600:

You’re fortunate.
I don’t think busy work schedules could make it difficult for a lady to commit to a meaningful relationship. Nah. Whatever is important to you, you’ll definitely make up time for it or find ways around it.
So it’s a matter of what one prioritizes.
Another thing is, you may not get to have a supportive spouse, who’ll push you towards your ambitions after you get married. It’s difficult to achieve one’s ambitions with growing kids and an unfulfilled spouse.
My wife had always been a workaholic wanting to climb up the corporate ladder, running eight to sixes every working day…I supported her. At some point she envied me for having the luxury of working from anywhere I chose and having a good deal of time with the kids. Today she’s running her business smoothly with utmost fulfillment and time for family. I didn’t force her to change her mind. She just saw what she could be missing by my lifestyle. That was how she strategically resigned and ported.
I’ll simply advice any financially stable lady to get her priorities right and keep her heads straight. It’s either she settles with a compatible person who’ll be supportive, or refactor her ideals to suit her current realities.

😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 @ I am fortunate. I luckily met my husband while we were both in 100L and have been together since then kiss

I gave my POV from the issues in my world (my workplace, my husbands, friends workplace and general observation). I remember a friend used to joke that if we didn't have potential husbands before getting jobs, we would not be married.

In my world, busy is 9am till mama calls (unhealthy, I know). And this is not necessarily a function of 'I want to grow or aggressively pursue my career'; it is a function of impossible workloads because your company wants to be very customer centric. People who work in the service industry (organisations that offer services instead of goods) would get me. And this busyness is not a female only thing; it is just that the way females & males approach relationships are different. It is also because the values each sex brings to the relationship is different.

Because my organisation despite the heavy workload somehow like marriage, our management encourages colleagues marrying and I tell you that about ten couples or more have married in about ten years. And they tell you that God bless the management, they couldn't build a relationship another way. I also look at my female senior colleagues and a large number of them got married at the start of their careers. Like I said, I first heard the advice of 'career before marriage for men & women' on NL. It is get a job, get married & grow. If you look at our society, that's what leaders in all spheres of our society did.

Getting a supportive spouse isn't really a function of when you marry as opposed to the spouse you married.

I agree with you that growing a career with growing kids is a tough one. That's why a lot of peeps married relatively early, had kids (if God willed) and began putting more efforts in their careers as the kids became more independent. It is easier for a junior colleague to miss a departmental meeting for a sick child than a senior colleague to miss a board meeting for a sick child.

I am happy for you that madam ported to your side cheesy The kids would enjoy you guys together.

1 Like

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by bukatyne(f): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Dimaya:

Great advice. May God bless you

BennyDGreat:

Solid wisdom. God bless you ma

Thanks, God bless you also.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Iamzik: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
Persephone1:
I don't know about Instagram but must female tiktok users I follow are either into sales, skit makers, arts, interior deco, dance and only random shake yansh. They really don't focus on men do this, men should do that, men are this, men are that. grin grin cheesy. They have lives.

Lol it is not mutual o
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Zigzagman: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
bukatyne:

Please ma, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the video the op attached in this thread. There are conversations embedded within that video that I think needs to be debated here.

would love your thoughts on it though.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Dimaya: 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
bukatyne:

Me too. I am interested in your take on the video particularly because you must be a very insightful person.

I wish I could take your post up there and convert into a cell broadcast. There's so many of my siblings who would have benefited from talking to someone like you years ago
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Karnice600: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
bukatyne:

😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 @ I am fortunate. I luckily met my husband while we were both in 100L and have been together since then kiss

I gave my POV from the issues in my world (my workplace, my husbands, friends workplace and general observation). I remember a friend used to joke that if we didn't have potential husbands before getting jobs, we would not be married.

In my world, busy is 9am till mama calls (unhealthy, I know). And this is not necessarily a function of 'I want to grow or aggressively pursue my career'; it is a function of impossible workloads because your company wants to be very customer centric. People who work in the service industry (organisations that offer services instead of goods) would get me. And this busyness is not a female only thing; it is just that the way females & males approach relationships are different. It is also because the values each sex brings to the relationship is different.

Because my organisation despite the heavy workload somehow like marriage, our management encourages colleagues marrying and I tell you that about ten couples or more have married in about ten years. And they tell you that God bless the management, they couldn't build a relationship another way. I also look at my female senior colleagues and a large number of them got married at the start of their careers. Like I said, I first heard the advice of 'career before marriage for men & women' on NL. It is get a job, get married & grow. If you look at our society, that's what leaders in all spheres of our society did.

Getting a supportive spouse isn't really a function of when you marry as opposed to the spouse you married.

I agree with you that growing a career with growing kids is a tough one. That's why a lot of peeps married relatively early, had kids (if God willed) and began putting more efforts in their careers as the kids became more independent. It is easier for a junior colleague to miss a departmental meeting for a sick child than a senior colleague to miss a board meeting for a sick child.

I am happy for you that madam ported to your side cheesy The kids would enjoy you guys together.

Yeah, you've said it all. I'm happy for you.

Lol.
She couldn't help it. She gets so emotional seeing how we bond. She just had to join us. At the end marriage is all responsibilities... And these responsibilities become pain when youre with the wrong person.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Zigzagman: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
Karnice600:

Yeah, you've said it all. I'm happy for you.

Lol.
She couldn't help it. She gets so emotional seeing how we bond. She just had to join us. At the end marriage is all responsibilities... And these responsibilities become pain when youre with the wrong person.

we need to hear more success stories of marriages on nairaland . it seems that bad news about relationships spreads faster than good news. we also need to know how you maintained your marriages. it is important.

I am very happy for both you and bukatyne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Karnice600: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
Zigzagman:

we need to hear more success stories of marriages on nairaland . it seems that bad news about relationships spreads faster than good news. we also need to know how you maintained your marriages. it is important.

I am very happy for both you and bukatyne

Thanks boss.
Successful marriage? Nah come on. Marriage is like a moving car. Its a process.
We use success for an eventual or intentional completion of a process. So what I'm currently experiencing is a 'working' marriage. We're working to make it successful at the end. We can call it successful after we look back and have become feeble together, fulfilled, given back to our environment and our offsprings proudly carry on our legacies. That's it. Success is at the end of a story. Progress is in the middle of it. Don't mix it up.
Baba no mind me o. I just dey catch cruise. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by emmaodet: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
I worked with many of them. They dont even see their fellow male colleagues at work as their equal or levels. They are all aiming for men who earn more than them or have gone far in their careers. But most of those men are not even looking for careers women or they just keep using and dumping them. Working class women ronu o

grin grin

Na real Ronu ooo
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by emmaodet: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
atheistandproud:
This is and will forever always be the truth.

As the Pansophist has correctly espoused, hypergamy is a woman's biggest ally and enemy.

No matter the level that a woman attains, she'll always want better. Always better, never equal, never lower, never settle.

Always better.

When most women rise to the point where they out earn majority of the men in society, the pool of men available to them shrinks drastically. This means that there's very little men for them to choose from and competition with other women becomes stiffer!

This is the direct opposite for men.

Men earn money to be able to (singlehandedly, if possible) afford a family. Women earn more money so that they can prim themselves like birdies for even better men. When these men don't exist, there's going to be a problem.

So true
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Dimaya: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2023
dealslip:

Some of you are just really bitter people who think women are piece of wood with no direction for their life. If I told you to see women as fellow human being don't you think that is my mindset already. I believe you are not even married, yet you know people's type immediately. That's what we are telling you to stop seeing everyone through the prism of their body - see you talking about short, ugly, broke, rich. Stop seeing people by their looks and pocket.

I wish everyone could follow your advice. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are judged by their utility. Young, pretty, slim women have an advantage in the dating pool.. so do accomplished, good looking men.

The summary of the video in this post is that people should take a hard long look at the point in life where they are, and make decisions that will hold up for years to come.

If you're young and pretty with tons of suitors, get the best deal you can, because the suitor pool will start to dry up as you get older.

Same for men. Young, unaccomplished men can't compete with wealthy older men in the marriage marketplace. Let each person tell him/herself the truth and live with the consequences of his actions/inactions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by dealslip(f): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
Dimaya:

I wish everyone could follow your advice. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are judged by their utility. Young, pretty, slim women have an advantage in the dating pool.. so do accomplished, good looking men.

The summary of the video in this post is that people should take a hard long look at the point in life where they are, and make decisions that will hold up for years to come.

If you're young and pretty with tons of suitors, get the best deal you can, because the suitor pool will start to dry up as you get older.

Same for men. Young, unaccomplished men can't compete with wealthy older men in the marriage marketplace. Let each person tell him/herself the truth and live with the consequences of his actions/inactions.
Thank you jare. Let them hear. The toxicity is too much. Choose what suits you and move on. They always want to tell everyone what to do as if people don't have a mind of their own and don't know what is good for them.
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Cromagnon: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Persephone1:

what are their ages? Women only look for men when their eggs have dried up
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Dimaya: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
Cromagnon:
what are their ages? Women only look for men when their eggs have dried up

This isnt always true
Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Jman06(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
BiGVEEN58:

People wey dey find yahoo boys. Lol
You don't know what is going on.
I'm telling you! Nigerian ladies are mostly the ones encouraging guys to go into yahoo, money rituals and other dubious means of making money.

In a society where men and women now enjoy equal rights to education and job, yet women still expect their men to earn more than them. The result is that many men now resort to illegalities in order to meet up.

I think women's education and employment does not favor marriage and traditional family system. The result is that we now have high number of unmarried career ladies with consequent decline in population.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by Jman06(m): 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
I worked with many of them. They dont even see their fellow male colleagues at work as their equal or levels. They are all aiming for men who earn more than them or have gone far in their careers. But most of those men are not even looking for careers women or they just keep using and dumping them. Working class women ronu o
Don't mind those career ladies. They'll continue getting used and dumped by men because they are fvcked up mentally regarding marriage.

Women should understand that the price they have to pay for seeking and gaining equal opportunities with men in education and employment is that they've got to give up hypergamy, otherwise, they'll continue to remain unmarried even in their 40s.

1 Like

Re: Career Women And Their Dating Problems by BiGVEEN58(m): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2023
Jman06:
I'm telling you! Nigerian ladies are mostly the ones encouraging guys to go into yahoo, money rituals and other dubious means of making money.

In a society where men and women now enjoy equal rights to education and job, yet women still expect their men to earn more than them. The result is that many men now resort to illegalities in order to meet up.

I think women's education and employment does not favor marriage and traditional family system. The result is that we now have high number of unmarried career ladies with consequent decline in population.
Very true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 year old Girl with a Boyfriend of 28? / Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? / Women Aren’t That Complicated, Just Do Transfer — Benin Man Counsels Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.