Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi (1371 Views)

2027: I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi / Why Saraki Cannot Be Nigeria’s President – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by tinsel: 5:27pm On May 12, 2023
Presidential Candidate of Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has declared that he must be president of Nigeria.

Obi, who came third in the 2023 presidential election, said this at the presentation of a book entitled: “Peter Obi: Many voices, one Perspectives”, in Awka, Anambra State capital, on Friday.

The book presentation was designed to raise fund to enable Mr Peter Obi pursue his ongoing election court case.

“Anyone who thinks I’m on transit is wasting his time. Let me tell you, I must be the president of this country. I’m sure of that. If it is not today, it must be tomorrow.”

LP faction backs Tinubu’s swearing in, accuses Obi of making illegal request

Presidential tribunal: Obi, others agree on processes

“Other people who want to be, should come and tell us what they want to do, and how to do it. This is my country, I don’t have dual citizenship. If anyone thinks I am going to run away from Nigeria, they are lying.

“I have three engagements in Anambra and Lagos today. I will be speaking in Lagos tonight. We will not leave Nigeria. I am not in a hurry to become the president, but I know it must happen.

“For three years I was in court in Anambra to
reclaim my governorship, just to challenge the process. Many people tried to discourage me, but I said even if the entire four years tenure elapsed for us to prove a point and correct the process, I will be fulfilled.

“I was in an event yesterday in Abuja, and it was World Food Organisation. I listened to report that stated that Nigeria will face intense hunger in years to come.

“It is Nigeria that will face hunger, not Peter Obi. The report listed Borno, Adamawa and Yobe as the states that will be worse hit, but those three states put together are five times larger in land mass of Israel, yet Egypt exports food, but Nigeria cannot feed itself.

“So we must cultivate a habit of doing the right thing. If we don’t do the right thing, it will consume us some day.”

“I must be the president of this country; if not today, it will be next time. I’m not desperate; I’m not in a hurry. I’m committed to cause of better Nigeria,” he said.

Obi also said he would respect the decision of the court in the ongoing electoral dispute.

“We are peaceful, we are not going to quarrel with any politician. Don’t be discourage about my apologies to people. As youth, we cannot fight our fathers, even when we are right.”

“We are not going to riot . I am in Nigeria; I don’t not have dual citizenship; I will not run away; we must be here to right the wrong in the country,” he stated.

Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Afred Achebe, Catholic bishop of Awka diocese, Most Rev. Paulinus Ezeokafor, were among dignitaries at the event.
https://dailytrust.com/breaking-i-must-be-nigerias-president-says-peter-obi/

6 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Winningbot: 5:28pm On May 12, 2023
We're strongly with you sir

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by richmond500: 5:29pm On May 12, 2023
Hmm.
Oya all the youths, let's gather here and start insulting ourselves for these politicians, cos that's the only thing we are cursed to do.

It's obvious there's already no chance for us in leading Nigerian cos these people are not ready to relinquish power to us and we are not ready to fight for power

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by madridguy(m): 5:32pm On May 12, 2023
grin

4 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Felabrity: 5:33pm On May 12, 2023
Wahala
Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by LeoDeKing: 5:33pm On May 12, 2023
Laff want comot my teeth. grin grin grin

When will pandora Obituary stop taking advice from madman men? grin grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 12, 2023
Craze will soon enter this thing. I've never seen someone so desperate

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 12, 2023
This election palava just dey annoy person...

If Osinbajo were president everywhere for quiet and peaceful abeg.
Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 5:35pm On May 12, 2023
Must kee you there you these wanted criminal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Maize247(f): 5:37pm On May 12, 2023
Are you God sir. Go and ask Atiku. If you continue with your desperation you won't smell it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by tiger28: 5:37pm On May 12, 2023
Nzogbu Nzogbu enyimba... ...............

MUST

Political neophytes dem!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Odin13: 5:38pm On May 12, 2023
grin
Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 12, 2023
tiger28:
Nzogbu Nzogbu enyimba... ...............

MUST

Political neophytes dem!

See una having erections over obi.

But when your push and start inec select talk emilokan una no get erections that time tongue

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by baretalk: 5:39pm On May 12, 2023
Obi emancipate south east first, charity begins from home. Develop southeast so your youths turn away from ipob terrorism and travelling up and down like refugees to survive.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by Hotwest: 5:40pm On May 12, 2023
You are already our president sir

We don't recognize that other greedy old power drunk man. He is just deceiving himself enforcing himself on us. He is not our president

4 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by DeAdvokate(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2023
Really? This overconfidence sef....he should thread carefully

2 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by danijesus(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2023
baretalk:
Obi emancipate south east first, charity begins from home. Develop southeast so your youths turn away from ipob terrorism and travelling up and down to survive.
mumu talk,let Tinubu emancipate southwest fst before becoming president

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by khalling2008: 5:50pm On May 12, 2023
President of biafra you mean or president of Ipob?. You are sleeping and dreaming on running bicycle. Who knows Gregory Obi in the northern state or south west? Or are you talk8ng about your manhood that you are looking in the court of law. If na dream, I beg go and sleep back, it can never work in this country except in Biafra land

8 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by DevilsEqual(m): 5:56pm On May 12, 2023
This is sounding more like desperation than a true willingness to serve

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by DevilsEqual(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2023
Rayban25:
This election palava just dey annoy person...

If Osinbajo were president everywhere for quiet and peaceful abeg.

He is part of the present administration...A high ranked official at that, so he wouldnt have won the election cause people would have asked what he was gonna do differently if he couldnt give us that glipmse upfront under this present regime

Dont be hypocritical

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by duro4chang(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2023
Desperation

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by SwissMass: 6:01pm On May 12, 2023
probably 2039
Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by DevilsEqual(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2023
danijesus:

Emancipate SW from what?
Do not say poverty cause the least poor region and the region with the least employment rate is the SW, thats according to NBS

Also, the SW is the region with most manufacturing and production firm
The region is also free of Terrorism

So BAT should emancipate them from what exactly?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by mycar: 6:08pm On May 12, 2023
APC are making Obi more popular than obidients. This one that created this trashy thread was in the other thread begging for urgent 2k sef

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by HydraFeeds(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2023
“Must” depicts desperation.

A desperate man struggling for breath.

We Nigerians (the elders and the youth) have chosen Tinubu .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by HydraFeeds(m): 6:12pm On May 12, 2023
danijesus:
southwest is better than southeast .

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by danijesus(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2023
HydraFeeds:
southwest is better than southeast .
apart from Lagos which other state in the southwest is better than Abia State??

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by HydraFeeds(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2023
danijesus:
you are not updated ,Ekiti is the lowest state in Southwest . It’s better than Abia in all ramifications.

4 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by greatiyk4u(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2023
You are a divine mandate sir

2 Likes

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by ProphetM0hammad: 6:18pm On May 12, 2023
Obi may contest till 89 years old

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by ProphetM0hammad: 6:19pm On May 12, 2023
danijesus:

Lol, see shibuzor

That's why i don't join them in this Lagos state
Go and make your research, you can't compare any eastern state to Oyo or ogun state

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Nigeria's President-Peter Obi by danijesus(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2023
HydraFeeds:
you are not updated ,Ekiti is the lowest state in Southwest . It’s better than Abia in all ramifications.
you are not intelligent,how can you compare Ekiti and Abia State??Aba alone is more industrious than Ekiti,Oyo and Osun combine

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

52 Biafra Agitators Remanded For Attempting To Hoist Flag In Enugu Gov't House / If You're Earning Less Than 400k, You Must Support NLC Strike Now! / Hoodlums Kill Army Commander, 2 Majors, Captain, Others In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.