Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,465 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

How Our Nigerian Parents Prevented Some Of Us From Enjoying Our Childhood - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Our Nigerian Parents Prevented Some Of Us From Enjoying Our Childhood (354 Views)

Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids ā€” Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / These Adulthood Realities Give Us Nostalgia About Our Childhood Privileges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Our Nigerian Parents Prevented Some Of Us From Enjoying Our Childhood by April232023: 8:03pm On May 12, 2023
When we were still young then, anytime we asked our parents, uncles, aunties or any adult then to buy us video games like PS2, PS3, all of them usually have the same response"Now is not the time for all these, when the time comes, you will play the game sef and you will get tired of it. Just focus on your school for now" Broda, I get the PS3 now and i am truly tired of it grin. But not because sey I don play the game tire, but because I no dey get time to play the game at all because of the responsibilities and life style that comes with adulthood. If I couldn't play video games as a child because you guys said i should wait for the right time, and i also can't play video games now because of adulthood wahala, abeg when is the right time abeg?
Abeg Nigerian parents, make una try dey allow una children to enjoy their childhood.
Mynd44
nlfpmod
Re: How Our Nigerian Parents Prevented Some Of Us From Enjoying Our Childhood by JeffreyJunior: 8:46pm On May 12, 2023
Kids full this place.šŸ˜„

Ps3 that they released in late 2000s possibly around 2008 when I don already finish university, na im you dey talk about like say you dey talk about 80s and 90s.

For some of us, na games like super mario we knew in our early days.

2 Likes

Re: How Our Nigerian Parents Prevented Some Of Us From Enjoying Our Childhood by lilyheaven: 8:56pm On May 12, 2023
When you retire from service, you can play games tire, since you are hustling for more money.
for now...
But me ,,, any small time I get, I play game with it .
When Iā€™m waiting for sleep, I just play game .
Re: How Our Nigerian Parents Prevented Some Of Us From Enjoying Our Childhood by fyzaila: 6:03am On May 13, 2023
Your parent were right there is time for everything. But It's not all parent that restrict their children from playing. Because not all kids can balance study and play. Some play too much that they easily forget what they're are been thought while some are gifted that no matter the amount of play he or she will still perform well in his or her studies. So probably your parent know your type and decided to use that approach on you.

As an adult, you should find time to relax and unwine It's not all the time hustle hustle hustle. Just create time to let your body and mind have rest. If you come and die now another person that didn't follow you to hustle will just come and be enjoying your sweat.

(1) (Reply)

Seriously This Lady Actually Records Herself And Somehow Share Her Nudes Online / Naija Lady Learns Her Hubby Is Marrying Her Friend 2 Days To Their Wedding (vid) / Household ITEMS FOR SALE @giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.