Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Learn Igbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learn Igbo (685 Views)

Learn Igbo Language And Culture Official Thread / LEARN IGBO LANGUAGE AUDIO 8 HOURS + / Best Places To Learn Igbo Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Igbo by Naijaspanishguy: 1:52am On May 13, 2023
Ị chọrọ imuta asụsụ Igbo ofụma ma kwuo ya, dika onye Igbo?
Do you wish to learn Igbo and speak like a native Igbo speaker?

Abụghị m onye Igbo mana enwere m ònyìnyé n'ọtụtụ asụsụ.
I am not an Igbo person but I am gifted in different languages.

Asụsụ Igbo pụrụ ichè site asụsụ ndị ọzọ na naijiria mànà ọ di ka asụsụ Yoruba n'uzo ụfọdụ

Igbo language is quite different from other languages in Nigeria but it's similar to Yoruba in some ways.

We'd get the class started soon!

Ready yourselves.

Nnọ
Re: Learn Igbo by Naijaspanishguy: 8:45am On May 13, 2023
Asụsụ Igbo bu asụsụ nwere Ihe ndị bekee na'akpo "tonality" ma ọ bu "ụda olu"

Igbo language is a language that has what the English called Tonality or Tonal sounds.

Ihe a bu ihe mere ka ọtụtụ ndị mmadụ chere n'asụsụ Igbo siri ike imuta

This is what makes many people think that Igbo Language is hard to learn.
Re: Learn Igbo by Naijaspanishguy: 8:50am On May 13, 2023
If you want me to continue.

Comment under this post so I'd know you are following
Re: Learn Igbo by Naijaspanishguy: 9:01am On May 14, 2023
Ụbọchị taa, anyị ga-amuta mkpụrụ edemede n'asụsụ Igbo na nkwuputa okwu ha

Today, We'd be learning Igbo alphabets and their pronounciatons.
Re: Learn Igbo by Naijaspanishguy: 12:28am On May 16, 2023
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 2:35am On May 16, 2023
Rest! Nobody wan learn that dead language grin
Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 6:54am On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:
Rest! Nobody wan learn that dead language grin
Dead language. Lmao!

The audacity, coming from someone whose language is spoken by no more than 2 million people (assuming every Edo person can even speak their language sef.)

For every person who speaks Edo, there are more than 10 people who speak Igbo, and the language will live on long after yours is dead and forgotten.
Re: Learn Igbo by AKPAMA211: 8:38am On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Dead language. Lmao!

The audacity, coming from someone whose language is spoken by no more than 2 million people (assuming every Edo person can even speak their language sef.)

For every person who speaks Edo, there are more than 10 people who speak Igbo, and the language will live on long after yours is dead and forgotten.
Not more than 2 million for a census you conducted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 10:13am On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:

No Na the census he papa conduct for he 1 room grin
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 10:15am On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Dead language. Lmao!

Ovbioba dey talk this "Byproduct" sef wan speak? grin You no reach for me to dey banter tribal issues with so when a "Proper Igbo" Person comes Ehen! Look this one oo grin grin Can you imagine grin

Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Ovbioba dey talk this "Byproduct" sef wan speak? grin You no reach for me to dey banter tribal issues with so when a "Proper Igbo" Person comes Ehen! Look this one oo grin grin Can you imagine grin
Nne gị by product. Ozu na-enwehụ aka ọrụ. Hopping around threads seeking for attention. Ejene chọọ ife Ị ya alụ. Akalogheli.
Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:

What is the population of Edo/Benin people then? (And don't include other Edoid peoples in Edo State.) All the figures in credible publications are hovering around 2 million. Some are even considerably less than that.
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 1:40pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Nne gị by product. Ozu na-enwehụ aka ọrụ. Hopping around threads seeking for attention. Ejene chọọ ife Ị ya alụ. Akalogheli.

"By Product" grin I no get your time attention seeking Wh0re!

Igbo WannaBe grin , identity crisis stricken Insect
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 1:43pm On May 16, 2023
Edo "By Product " grin grin

Redbonesmith

Stalking me around nairaland would do you no good!! Take my dike out of your mouth B4 you choke hoe grin

Re: Learn Igbo by AKPAMA211: 1:48pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

What is the population of Edo/Benin people then? (And don't include other Edoid peoples in Edo State.) All the figures in credible are hovering around 2 million. Some are even considerably less than that.
what are the figures? Are you pointing to the 2006 census that is not credible, the Binis are well over 3.5 million. What will you consider the size of the itsekiris then given the fact that the Binis was considered five and half times larger in 1952

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 3:09pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
what are the figures? Are you pointing to the 2006 census that is not credible, the Binis are well over 3.5 million. What will you consider the size of the itsekiris then given the fact that the Binis was considered five and half times larger in 1952

Edo/Benin people are not up to 3 million. Don't kid yourself.

Itsekiri are hovering around the one million mark.
Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:
Edo "By Product " grin grin

Redbonesmith

Stalking me around nairaland would do you no good!!
Calling someone a stalker and then going to his profile to nick his profile picture. But of course the irony will go right over your quite empty head.

Take my dike out of your mouth B4 you choke hoe grin

Gay much?

I'm tolerant of other people's sexual preferences. But you will do well to keep me out of your homoerotic fantasies ka nkịta ala rapụ ịlacha gị anya.
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 3:26pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:
Calling someone a stalker and then going to his profile to nick his profile picture. But of course the irony will go right over your quite empty head.

Gay much?

I'm tolerant of other people's sexual preferences. But you will do well to keep me out of your homoerotic fantasies ka nkịta ala rapụ ịlacha gị anya.

By Product grin show me where I have ever quoted you of recent on nairaland are you not the "Ekita" that is always wagging his tail whenever he sees my comment? No be you dey always quote my post? Now who is the attention seeking Olosho among me and you? Like I told you earlier
You no reach for me to dey banter tribal issues with so when a "Proper Igbo" Person comes Ehen! Look this one oo cheesy

P.S: Na your Papa, Mama and Entire family be Nkita!! grin
Re: Learn Igbo by AKPAMA211: 3:27pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Edo/Benin people are not up to 3 million. Don't kid yourself.

Itsekiri are hovering around the one million mark.
for a tribe that was said to be about 34 thousand in 1952, and in that same year, the Binis was said to be over a hundred and eighty thousand. How can the Itsekiris now tower over Many other Edo groups like Etsako which was about 88 thousand in 1952 (that is 2 times and half the size of Itsekiris in 1952) or over owan that was about 40% larger in 1952 numerically. You are not being sincere with yourself. A tribe that is in one and half local government is one million and a tribe that has 7 large local government and was said to be over 5 times larger in 1952 is not up to 3 million. My brother you are a clown, the Binis from Orhiowmon district alone home and abroad is bigger than Itsekiris, truth be told

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

By Product grin show me where I have ever quoted you on nairaland are you not the "Ekita" that is always wagging his tail whenever he sees my comment? No be you dey always quote my post? Now who is the attention seeking Olosho among me and you? Like I told you earlier

P.S: Na your Papa, Mama and Entire family be Nkita!! grin

Show you where YOU have ever quoted ME on Nairaland? LOL!

I was TOTALLY unaware of your existence until you quoted me in the thread in the screenshot below. And since then you have been seeking my attention, butting in on threads where I was involved in arguments with other Edo people more deserving of my time.

Frankly, I would have been willing to humour you if you were half as intelligent as some of your brothers I sometimes engage here, but sadly you are dumber than a sack of potatoes and your contributions here are less than juvenile.

I know I have been on your radar for a long time (you said so yourself), even though I was until recently unaware of you. You are even beginning to have dreams of receiving oral from me. Sorry, son. Inasmuch as I count myself as an LGBT ally, I don't drive in that lane. You'll need to find someone else to crush on. And use a condom when you find him. The AIDS scourge in your community is still embarrassingly high.

Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
for a tribe that was said to be about 34 thousand in 1952, and in that same year, the Binis was said to be over a hundred and eighty thousand. How can the Itsekiris now tower over Many other Edo groups like Etsako which was about 88 thousand in 1952 (that is 2 times and half the size of Itsekiris in 1952) or over owan that was about 40% larger in 1952 numerically. You are not being sincere with yourself. A tribe that is in one and half local government is one million and a tribe that has 7 large local government and was said to be over 5 times larger in 1952 is not up to 3 million. My brother you are a clown, the Binis from Orhiowmon district alone home and abroad is bigger than Itsekiris, truth be told

You are the bigger clown if all you have to offer are projections made from a census from 70 years ago. You think the populations of communities around the world all grow at a constant rate? If that's how works, why waste billions conducting fresh censuses? We can all take the one census from 1900 and keep multiplying it by a constant rate.

Edo/Benin are not up to 3 million people. Cry if you no like am.
Re: Learn Igbo by AKPAMA211: 3:55pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

You are the bigger clown if all you have to offer are projections made from a census from 70 years ago. You think the populations of communities around the world all grow at a constant rate? If that's how works, why waste billions conducting fresh censuses? We can all take the one census from 1900 and keep multiplying it by a constant rate.

Edo/Benin are not up to 3 million people. Cry if you no like am.
you are the one that will be crying. If they are not that reliable, this thread will not be littered by your Igbo brothers, quoting the census of 1921 and 1931 to argue of the Igbo population against the Yorubas, even when there was a manslaughter of the Igbos in 1967, such hypocrisy. At least that should give us a guide, as there was no genocide or manslaughter of the Binis in the last 70 years. At the very least the Binis are over 4 times larger than the Itsekiris. For the sake of accountability and anything close to sincerity. The Binis are well over 3.5 million, die if you want to my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 3:56pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Show you where YOU have ever quoted ME on Nairaland? LOL!

I was TOTALLY unaware of your existence until you quoted me in the thread in the screenshot below. And since then you have been seeking my attention, butting in on threads where I was involved in arguments with other Edo people more deserving of my time.

Frankly, I would have been willing to humour you if you were half as intelligent as some of your brothers I sometimes engage here, but sadly you are dumber than a sack of potatoes and your contributions here are less than juvenile.

I know I have been on your radar for a long time (you said so yourself), even though I was until recently unaware of you. You are even beginning to have dreams of receiving oral from me. Sorry, son. Inasmuch as I count myself as an LGBT ally, I don't drive in that lane. You'll need to find someone else to crush on. And use a condom when you find him. The AIDS scourge in your community is still embarrassingly high.

Blah Blah Blah all this are rantings of a rat! Reread my last post very well again! You have been here for years and still a Non-Entity, no progress mentally or physically whatsover it is hilarious grin. And since that screenshot and the various whippings cheesy I have given you here and there onsite , you have never forgotten my moniker grin.

You can tell yourself lies all day long to make your ogogoro drenched brain happy but the fact still remains stalking me around nairaland is detrimental to your health ! Just look how erratic your typing is grin

By Product!! grin
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 3:58pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
you are the one that will be crying. If they are not that reliable, this thread will not be littered by your Igbo brothers, quoting the census of 1921 and 1931 to argue of the Igbo population against the Yorubas, even when there was a manslaughter of the Igbos in 1967, such hypocrisy. At least that should give us a guide, as there was no genocide or manslaughter of the Binis in the last 70 years. At the very least the Binis are over 4 times larger than the Itsekiris. For the sake of accountability and anything close to sincerity. The Binis are well over 3.5 million, die if you want to

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 4:00pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211: manslaughter of the Igbos in 1967

cheesy
Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
The Binis are well over 3.5 million, die if you want to my brother

Even your own brother in a PhD thesis submitted to University of Birmingham in 2020 estimated 2.6 million (which I might argue is somewhat excessive) . But sure let's go with "well over 3.5 million". 😂😂😂

Re: Learn Igbo by AKPAMA211: 4:11pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Even your own brother in a PhD thesis submitted to University of Birmingham in 2022 estimated 2.6 million (which I might argue is a somewhat excessive) . But sure let's go with "well over 3.5 million". 😂😂😂
everybody has his analysis, he did not conduct any census, I have given my analysis based on the fact I have at my disposal,

1 Like

Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
everybody has his analysis, he did not conduct any census , I have given my analysis based on the fact I have at my disposal,
He conducted no census, and neither did you. I'll still argue that as a researcher his projections are more trustworthy than yours.
Re: Learn Igbo by AKPAMA211: 4:15pm On May 16, 2023
RedboneSmith:

He conducted no census, and neither did you. I'll still argue that as a researcher his projections are more trustworthy than yours.
he probably might not be aware of the 1952 census, I say again it depends on facts at his disposal
Re: Learn Igbo by AutomaticMotors: 4:19pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
everybody has his analysis, he did not conduct any census, I have given my analysis based on the fact I have at my disposal,

Bro no dey follow that none entity from delta north argue !! If you knew his pedigree as a "By Product " you no go dey argue Benin population with am! Seriously! This guy is below you bro ignore am!
Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2023
AKPAMA211:
he probably might not be aware of the 1952 census, I say again it depends on facts at his disposal

A Nigerian doctoral researcher in African Studies, History and Anthropology who has not heard of the 1952 census that I learnt about in primary school is like a Mathematician who has never heard of Pythagoras. You're probably not aware of the vast amount of reading, data collection and research that goes into a PhD.
Re: Learn Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 4:21pm On May 16, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Bro no dey follow that none entity argue !! If you knew his pedigree as a "By Product " what most people call "delta Ibo" you no go dey argue Benin population with am! Seriously! This guy is below you bro ignore am!

He won't suck your di.ck either. Cast your net wider.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xmas Celebration, How Are U Preparing? / What Do You Think Of This Boys Work Am I A Coward To Untag / Place Your Adverts On Our Cd Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.