Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin (7248 Views)

Denial Of 40% Peculiary Allowance To Teachers In Police Schools By The Police / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Pasadena14: 11:23am On May 13, 2023
Open Letter To The IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools

It is with deep pain that I write this open letter to you sir and I believe that it would generate a positive and favourable response from you.

Your teachers in the various police secondary and children’s schools across Nigeria are being unusually short changed. This is so because we are simply seen as slaving for the Nigeria Police Force from time immemorial. As to who is responsible and why this act of ungodliness, we the teachers in these schools cannot explain.

As usual, the slogan is that ‘teachers’ rewards are in heaven’. I make bold to ask, which of the heavens? That anyone is going to make heaven is only a deal between one and his God and that has nothing to do with employer-employee relationship.

Sir, the relationship that has existed between the Nigeria Police and its civilian teachers in the last thirty years or more is like that of a slave and his master. We have been cheated. Our appointment letters as teachers under the police simply state that ‘we shall be subjects in all respect to all conditions of service stipulated by the federal government policy governing federal civil servants and other Nigeria Police Force regulations and conditions as may be applicable to us.’
In the light of the above, we the teachers are neither here nor there. We do not enjoy any police benefit; neither do we enjoy that of the federal government. But, when it is time to wield the big stick, our position is clearly defined so we could suffer decisively.

Sir, we see this as sheer wickedness; a situation where our promotion is not regular; our salary is not commensurate with those of our counterparts in other ministries; employees do not get regularized until after several years. The question is WHICH MINISTRY DO WE BELONG TO?

I asked the above question because the police have flagrantly refused to pay us the recent 40 percent peculiar allowance paid to workers under the Consolidated Public Service Salary Structure, CONPASS, which has been implemented and all arrears paid in other ministries. Are we not entitled to this life-saving allowance that many have referred to as ‘Buhari Alert?’

Sir, we are fed up with this unwholesome treatment and we have to cry out with the hope that something fast will be done so that we can avoid what some have referred to as down tooling, which would not speak well of the system.

Sir, the Ministry of Defence and all the para-militaries, except police, have since paid their civilian staff. What is the police waiting for? We shall not accept anything short of this payment, from which point other police teachers’ welfare shall take off.

We are not in any way equating ourselves with uniformed police men and women. They are paid based on the nature of their job. But whatever teachers deserve should equally be given to them so as to create a balance in the system.

Sir, we appeal to you to kindly look into this with a human face. We all have our families and for whom we toil day and night. We have churned out responsible students from our various schools, many of who have equally found their way into the Police Academy. Today, they are officers, who definitely are not proud when they see us in our current conditions.

Kindly use your good office to ensure that the right thing is done now and forever.

We ask that we are moved fully into the Ministry of Police Affairs so as to avoid those who do not want us to live like human beings.

Sincerely yours,

Joseph Anjorin

Concerned Police teacher
https://dailytrust.com/open-letter-to-the-igp-over-plight-of-teachers-in-police-schools/

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Pasadena14: 11:33am On May 13, 2023
Mods kindly push this to the front page. You will saving thousands of the voiceless Police Teachers that are going through unfriendly working condition under Nigeria Police.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Klington: 8:57am On May 14, 2023
When Nigeria wants to happen to you, it does not matter where you stand or who you support.

Incompetence and irresponsibility have taken over and little or nothing will be achieved.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:58am On May 14, 2023
Gone are the days Teachers rewards are in heaven

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by chaseblack(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2023
Teachers deserve everything, don't cheat them!!

12 Likes

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Ara21(f): 9:00am On May 14, 2023
Wait till the new IG comes then rewrite this letter.
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by clockwisereport: 9:01am On May 14, 2023
How true is this @bbeautylik?
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by greenermodels: 9:02am On May 14, 2023
Nigeria is a country where those in any place of authority ignores the welfare and wellbeing of those under them but teachers are the worst treated as they are considered of little political influence unless it's election time,Under Tinubu, they might get even more maltreated because politicians wouldn't even need their votes to win.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by ozento: 9:06am On May 14, 2023
this is wickedness

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Tyriq: 9:07am On May 14, 2023
If you're not satisfied with the way teachers are treated kindly go to court

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by ajekpaks(m): 9:08am On May 14, 2023
yes
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Dubetex96(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2023
The system is messed up even Buhari can attest to that
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Menclothing: 9:16am On May 14, 2023
The man should do the right thing
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by cjudy(m): 9:21am On May 14, 2023
grin

So people still trust anything concerning police?

Una do well

A corrupt body can never raise a righteous society.

Police is corrupt and anything associated with it is corrupt also.

Peace out

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by olayinka63: 10:40am On May 14, 2023
We appreciate our teachers. May Allah reward you abundantly. IGP should do the needful please.
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by DSS1335: 10:42am On May 14, 2023
These were my alma-amater teachers. I rep Police secondary school Calabar 2002/03 graduating session under the commandant SP SAM ORJI. Most of our colleagues today are now high ranking police officers. During our last police ambassador meeting held in Calabar, the plight of teachers were discussed and appropriate recommendations were made and convey to force education department through the most ranking officers in our midst, a CSP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by tafabaloo(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2023
The schools should be under the Ministry of Police Affairs, just like the Police Academy, Wudil , Kano.
I hope all the best for them !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Jokerman(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2023
Teaching is the most insulted profession of all time
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Billmos: 11:15am On May 14, 2023
I love this cos police teachers are most maltreated labours in nigeria.the police force really shortchange those teachers with no or little benefits given to them.they don't really no where d belong cos their case is pathetic let d igp look into their case cos this teaching profession is not encouraging those in d profession hence y dey don't give their all in d system.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Princelumide: 11:54am On May 14, 2023
You're correct... POLICE SECONDARY SCHOOL CALABAR, ATIMBO AKPABUYO.
02/03 SET TOO
cool

DSS1335:
These were my alma-amater teachers. I rep Police secondary school Calabar 2002/03 graduating session under the commandant SP SAM ORJI. Most of our colleagues today are now high ranking police officers. During our last police ambassador meeting held in Calabar, the plight of teachers were discussed and appropriate recommendations were made and convey to force education department through the most ranking officers in our midst, a CSP
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Originalsly: 12:06pm On May 14, 2023
Why would these teachers choose now ... the last days of an administration to make this complaint and appeal? Can't they go on strike? People complain too much and almost never look to take action.
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Stakekay1(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2023
Sad! Don't they have workers union to press for their demand?
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Musty4ahmed1: 12:40pm On May 14, 2023
This is pathetic, I have a friend that work as Teacher in one of the Police Secondary schools, what he said about their welfare is terrible, they are treated like slaves, imagine, since the guy was employed no single promotion since thirteen years that he got the job, when he told me his present salary I almost did not believe him until he showed me his pay slip. I don't know why the Police always treat their staff poorly, zero welfare and pathetic life for the retired police officers. Let the Federal Government take over Police Schools and hand them over to Ministry of Education or let Ministry of Police Affairs take over from them,that will be the solution.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Blackdisciple(m): 1:09pm On May 14, 2023
The IGP needs to use this one to compensate them before leaving office at least this will remain in their hearts because it's what they deserve but reverse is the case one fat belly somewhere somehow is cyphoning the funds meant for them...

Wicked people everywhere undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by Chetas81(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2023
Who's fault
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by bbeautylik(f): 5:56am On May 16, 2023
clockwisereport:
How true is this @bbeautylik?
so true I have even been working for 6 years no promotion
Re: Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin by clockwisereport: 1:35pm On May 16, 2023
bbeautylik:
so true I have even been working for 6 years no promotion

I saw someone who said he has not received promotion in 13 years. I doubted it.

I dey pity una, honestly

(1) (Reply)

3:49 CGPA, What Is The Way Forward Please? Your Advice Is Needed. / The Excavation Of King Tutankhamun's 3,000yrs Old Burial Chamber In 1922(Photos) / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.