Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer (43458 Views)

None Of Seun Egbegbe's Friends Showed Up, After 3 Years Of Detention - Lawyer / Falz Slams Senator Abbo Over 'Democracy Award' After Slapping A Woman / Banky W Calls For The Arrest Of Senator Caught On Camera Slapping A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by lexy2014: 11:34am On May 14, 2023
kindredspirit:

Yes, demotion is one of the punishments that is meted out to police officers who undergo orderly room trial for their infractions. They could also be dismissed, if their offence is more grievous, resulting in the injury or death of victim.

Demotion is a very disgraceful and humiliating experience in any of the forces. It is the WORST form of punishment in the Police force. The different aspects attached to the penalty is so severe and long-lasting that the police officer would wish he was dismissed rather than demoted.

slapping a civilian is what crime under the law?
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by Horus(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVN7GzCaebg

Seun Kuti slaps policeman on the road - full video
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by obama99: 12:18pm On May 14, 2023
Dumb police man. He doesn't have to shoot him but on a man to man level , he should have defended himself and the rest will be settled by oga on top.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by RaptorX: 1:25pm On May 14, 2023
Trust me Nigerian police officers are better than an average American cop, who born you to slap an American police officer he would most likely shoot you dead on the spot. I doubt if this guy would have slaped a soldier in uniform.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by etrange: 1:26pm On May 14, 2023
fergie001:

1) Seun alleged that the officer tried to kill him and his family members and that he has proof to back up his claim.

2) He did not state what led to his faceoff with the officer.

Hhmm... Are these two statements not contradictory? He didn't give the full details or the sequence of events up to the point where he eventually slapped the officer, but he stated that the officer's attempt at unaliving him and his family was what led to the altercation. But I get it, the claim that the officer attempted to murder him and his family is funny and vague. He wanted to kill you all and you just slapped him, and said "don't do it again", he said sorry and then you forgave him? That's a rather odd story. He'll need to explain how things progressed into him hitting the uniform man.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by folake4u(f): 2:10pm On May 14, 2023
Assaulting a Police officer/ any Law enforcement agent is an offence. It's all shades of wrong.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by Billmos: 3:13pm On May 14, 2023
For a police officer to be humble like dat I can sense he is at fault hence his attitude, it apply everywhere in life once u are at fault no matter how powerful u are at dat moment it will seem dat ur power has left u.like seun said it let d sleeping dog lies before d poor guy lose his job.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by charlizonto: 4:18pm On May 14, 2023
If na me slap police now....Dem for don use the yansh of their gun take design my face like that rocky man for Incredible 5 movie grin
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by lexy2014: 6:42pm On May 14, 2023
obama99:
Dumb police man. He doesn't have to shoot him but on a man to man level , he should have defended himself and the rest will be settled by oga on top.

you see all these uniformed people including soldiers, they are nothing. na gun wey dem de carry de make behave like gods. man to man, they cant do anything. see how how the police man humbly collected slap.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by shonepa(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2023
Civilized person? Are the cops not supposed to be civilized?

I have read a lot of comments here people supporting gross misconduct, especially cops and soldiers killed in the East.

Ordinary slap dey are calling for his head. If the youths channel this kind energy on any politician wey don steal money, e for good.

And finally, to those people that brought Late Fela Kuti into this arguement, its very clear dey ignorant. Like father like son.

"So policeman go slap your face you no go talk
Army man go whip your yansh you go dey look like donkey"…sorrow and tears

quote author=dfrost post=123126478]

You don tell your story, action hero 🤣🙌 IDAN himself.

Me is nobody. I repeat, a civilised person doesn't raise his hands on a uniformed personnel, no matter the aggression or provocation.

Na Nigeria 🇳🇬 dem wear for body.[/quote]
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer by Franky9584(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2023
For ordinary assault he was asked to be arrested, what of those officers that brutalise innocent citizens everyday on the street?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido: I Saw Stars After I Was Slapped - Tumi Lawrence, Kizz Daniel's Manager / Steph-Nora Okere: "I Am Married To Jesus" / Ify Adibeli: Don't Tag Me “Small Girl, Big God", You Can Call Me A 'Bitch'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.