Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Do You Remain In Your Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Remain In Your Religion (444 Views)

Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 9:58pm On May 13, 2023
many people are. practicing religion not by choice but by force. , no personal conviction, no relationship or communication with the God of their religion
many are there because of marriage, some because they are being born into the religion why others may be because of friends.

but why do you remain in your RELIGION

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On May 13, 2023
OJODEL10:
many people are. practicing religion not by choice but by force. , no personal conviction, no relationship or communication with the God of their religion
many are there because of marriage, some because they are being into the religion why others may be because of friends. by why do you remain in your RELIGION
Ignorance is the primary reason why many continue in the religion they find themselves in. Another reason is fear — fear of going it alone in search of the truth — they would rather belong to a group and make excuses for the foolish ideas traded within these religious groups than venture out alone in their search for truth. That is why even with all the many antiChrist atrocities committed against God by the many Popes, GBs, Pastors, Mogs, Prophets, etc., the average Nigerian will still cling to the excuse that some of them somewhere is good, and so no reason for them to abandon ship. The same applies as far as other religions by the way. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by sonmvayina(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ignorance is the primary reason why many continue in the religion they find themselves in. Another reason is fear — fear of going it alone in search of the truth — they would rather belong to a group and make excuses for the foolish ideas traded within these religious groups than venture out alone in their search for truth. That is why even with all the many antiChrist atrocities committed against God by the many Popes, GBs, Pastors, Mogs, Prophets, etc., the average Nigerian will still cling to the excuse that some of them somewhere is good, and so no reason for them to abandon ship. The same applies as far as other religions by the way. undecided

But you are a Christ embassy church member...are you including yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On May 13, 2023
sonmvayina:
■ But you are a Christ embassy church member...are you including yourself?
I see you are still high on hoohah juice! undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 6:38am On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Gods from other religion if one one them eventually becomes the real will not accept ignorance or fear

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by sonmvayina(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I see you are still high on hoohah juice! undecided

You did not disprove my claim...

Should I take it that it is the truth ?

Come clean

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:38am On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
■ Gods from other religion if one one them eventually becomes the real will not accept ignorance or fear
And how did you arrive at this conclusion of yours? undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 11:45am On May 14, 2023
Only stupid people throw away a good thing.
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Lukuluku69(m): 12:24pm On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
many are there because of marriage, some because they are being born into the religion why others may be because of friends.

but why do you remain in your RELIGION

Many reasons chief among are the followings:

1. My Deen answered most of my queries/questions. The answers to my queries are .ore believable because it appeals to Logics and sound reasoning.

2. After studying other Faiths/Religion, my OWN Religion is the only ONE out of a thousand that at least recognizes such Faiths, offer explanations on why, when such beliefs gained tractions.

3. My Faith tells me not to just Belief, it appeals to my Soul's yearnings, hope, fears and ask me, would you not believe when in your own soul these are what is troubling you?

4. The Singular Teaching that I am responsible for my Actions and inactions in this world also is a contributing factor. My Righeuosuness and otherwise is mine alone. No wholesale condemnation or Tribal pass before God Almighty.

I c an go on and on...
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 1:00pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And how did you arrive at this conclusion of yours? undecided

we have had about many religion s in the world today and each claiming to be the original religion from a supreme God somewher. would you claim not to have. had about them

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2023
I wasn't born into the faith, though i don't have interest in religion because as i grew older i discovered many are just gullibly and blindly following the religious title chiefs in various religions.
So it took me time about 22 years to be fully convinced that there is just one true religion.

When talking about religion it has to do with worship of God and thousands of religions are talking about their different Gods this made me start thinking about the qualities one need to find so as to be fully convinced that i have found the true God.

I later met a group called Jehovah's Witnesses and their presentation makes perfect sense as regards the qualities of the true God and how the worshipers of the true God should conduct themselves, no other religion come close to what i found with Jehovah's Witnesses.

From then i dedicated my life to become one of them till today! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
■ we have had about many religion s in the world today and each claiming to be the original religion from a supreme God somewher. would you claim not to have. had about them
1. Which came first, God or religion? undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

God
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
God
So what use are any of religions? undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 6:09pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

to meet the standard of any one there is protocol that must be followed : to meet the standard of God there must system to be follow and that is religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by kkins25(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
we can only answer if you tell us which God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
to meet the standard of any one there is protocol that must be followed : to meet the standard of God there must system to be follow and that is religion
So, your particular God requires that you follow/submit to other men in order to meet his standard --- cause that is basically what religion says you should do? . undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On May 14, 2023
kkins25:
we can only answer if you tell us which God.
You pick the one you are familiar with and tell me which came first.. undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, your particular God requires that you follow/submit to other men in order to meet his standard --- cause that is basically what religion says you should do? . undecided

my religion tells me to have personal relationship with him
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
■ my religion tells me to have personal relationship with him
1. How can your relationship be considered "personal" when you insist that you are mandated by your God to submit/follow other humans such as yourself in order to meet his standard? undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by OJODEL10(m): 7:02pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How can your relationship be considered "personal" when you insist that you are mandated by your God to submit/follow other humans such as yourself in order to meet his standard? undecided

that's the reason for the question
do you remain because of what people. say
or personal conviction about his existence
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On May 14, 2023
OJODEL10:
■ that's the reason for the question. do you remain because of what people. say or personal conviction about his existence
Ignorance and fear are two major factors that keep people entangled in situations they know makes no sense for them to continue with. You claim your religion tells you that in order to have a personal relationship with your God you must stay following/submitted to other men(sinners) such as yourself ---- a blatant contradiction,by the way--- , so it is up to you to decide if a contradiction suits the idea of God you wish for or not. undecided
Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Maynmann: 7:59pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The New Testament you are basing your life is gotten from?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Remain In Your Religion by Karleb(m): 8:33pm On May 14, 2023
It's sweet here. I get to socialize for free, I don't even have to obey everything or anything.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Abel Fought Back Until Cain And His Descendants All Perished From The Earth / Justin Bieber's Powerful Testimony: "Jesus Changed My Life!" (Video) / CANCELATION Of Prophet TB Joshua's Emmanuel TV ❌⛪⛔

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.