Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,597 members, 7,861,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Heavenly Places - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heavenly Places (142 Views)

How To Sit With Christ In Heavenly Places / Storing Up Treasures In Heavenly Places / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heavenly Places by AbundantLife05: 6:08am On May 14, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
Heavenly Places Ephesians 2:1-8
Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. [2]You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. [3]All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else. [4]But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, [5]that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) [6]For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. [7]So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. [8]God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. NLT.

At the tower of Babel, the people chose to build a demonic city. Gen 11”1-9. We always think God just decided to scatter the languages of the world but there is an underlying message of sorcery behind the action. Afterwards, God called Abram and he started a holy nation through him. The people wanting to build the tower is a blow back of the fall of man in the garden of Eden. Since then, man has been separated from God, leaving man to live in death.

However, all praise to Jesus Christ, we have been given the opportunity to enter God’s life by believing, confessing, and accepting Jesus as our Lord and saviour. The emphasis of our teaching this morning is in verse 6 of Ephesians 2. God raised us from the dead (sin and separation from him) along with Christ and put us in heavenly places with him. This act from God proves to the world that God is gracious and rich in mercy by taking us away from our state of death into eternal life not because of what we have done but by his grace.

As a result, salvation is a gift we receive which ensures that we access God’s presence without fear. Ephesians 3:11-12: This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. [12]Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence. NLT.

On that note, if you are yet to receive the gift of salvation made available by Christ, I urge you to do so right by saying this prayer; Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and you resurrected on the third day by the power of God, please forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have recited the prayer, I congratulate you and I urge you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Take This Weekend Bible Quiz As A Qualified Christian / Welcome To Green Spiritual Faith / Peter's Admonition To Elders Of The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.