Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola (4148 Views)

I Want To Urge The People Of Rivers State, Do Not Be Frightened - Gov Fubara(vid / I Get Frightened When I Receive Number Of Workers On Payroll – Tinubu / Oba Odetola: Dapo Abiodun Vows To Arrest Killers Of Slain Ogun Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Tyriq: 9:06am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

Few reasonable ones Abi those who missed out on juicy appointments and are bitter.

I remembered when Jimi Disu of Nigeria Info fm, was always referring to certain Yoruba people in places of power as cousins, ex-classmates (in king's college), licking ass and all.

Immediately after 2019 elections when nobody looked at his direction, he began to attack all of them in his show.....till today sef.

You may call that patriotism, being reasonable and speaking up.

But many of us know that it's the bitterness of missing out of the national cake that is paining them.

You may be a neutral patriot, but trust me, they ain't.
We exuded self belief.
The Ibos secretly admired us.
They adopted our clothes and music.
They flocked to our churches…. The big Pentecost non-Orthodox Churches , which were mostly founded by Yoruba Pastors… Redeem ,Living Faith, Mountain of Fire & Miracles , Aladura, Apostolic Church , Cherubim and Seraphim, Four Square Gospel Church , etc, all founded and headed by Yorubas !

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by kettykings: 9:06am On May 14, 2023
Tyriq:

They bought our property in Yoruba land while we frittered the proceeds on women and easy living.*
*Then , having wasted our inheritance , blame those with greater foresight and discipline of taking over land which we freely sold to them.*

This is exactly the modern-day translation of the prodigal son or the prodigal tribe, the frittered away their God given resource and wasted it on olosho and owambe and now want to come and claim back thier wasted birth right. The Jacobians are already gone with Esau's birth rights even after the unfortunate Civil War, 20 pounds Policy, indigenisation policy and home advantage policy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by kettykings: 9:08am On May 14, 2023
Tyriq:

We exuded self belief.
The Ibos secretly admired us.
They adopted our clothes and music.
They flocked to our churches…. The big Pentecost non-Orthodox Churches , which were mostly founded by Yoruba Pastors… Redeem ,Living Faith, Mountain of Fire & Miracles , Aladura, Apostolic Church , Cherubim and Seraphim, Four Square Gospel Church , etc, all founded and headed by Yorubas !

Did igbos really admire them or did igbos have an open heart. My take is that igbos love God and embraced the churches with an open hear until of recent when we discovered the difference between Christianity and churchianity

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by LeopardX: 9:11am On May 14, 2023
kettykings:

This is exactly the modern-day translation of the prodigal son or the prodigal tribe, the frittered away their God given resource and wasted it on olosho and owambe and now want to come and claim back thier wasted birth right. The Jacobians are already gone with Esau's birth rights even after the unfortunate Civil War, 20 pounds Policy, indigenisation policy and home advantage policy
Lol you wey dey talk, how many property(ies) you get for Yorubaland sef? And why are y'all so desperate to be neighbours to the Yorubas?

Na just noise una sabi make. More than 70% of properties in Lagos are owned by the Yorubas. Go and verify.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Tyriq: 9:11am On May 14, 2023
kettykings:

Did igbos really admire them or did igbos have an open heart. My take is that igbos love God and embraced the churches with an open hear until of recent when we discovered the difference between Christianity and churchianity
The point is 'the igbos were looking up to the yorubas'

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Tyriq: 9:12am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

Lol you wey dey talk, how many property(ies) you get for Yorubaland sef? And why are y'all so desperate to be neighbours to the Yorubas?

Na just noise una sabi make. More than 70% of properties in Lagos are owned by the Yorubas. Go and verify.
We already verified. That's y almost all shores in Lagos belongs to dangote. Make una de play o.lol

6 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by CSTRR: 9:14am On May 14, 2023
They can be insecure all they want.

That's their cup of tea.

But they should be careful not to overstep their boundaries.

6 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Houseontherock1: 9:16am On May 14, 2023
If you wrote this epistle because of Chinedu Rhodes-Vivor,then you sir,are not a real Yoruba! How can you expect us to accept a man who hates his so-called father's kinsmen? Such a thoughtless write up...even my Igbo colleagues can't hide their admiration for the Yorubas undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by LeopardX: 9:18am On May 14, 2023
Tyriq:

We already verified. That's y almost all shores in Lagos belongs to dangote. Make una de play o.lol
Lol, says who? So you don't even understand how it even works?

Oya how much did Dangote pay to acquire those 'shores'?

Lol Clown.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by mbaise1000: 9:19am On May 14, 2023
Adebowale89:
Check the Kola Odetola he has igbo as one of his parents, I don't know why mixed tribal marriage produce pained child

I agree that Yoruba sell their properties to igbo that you can't rent common shop in their land, very naïve and unaware that Igbo give no damn about anyone not even themselves

there should be redress of selling off lands to these people in Yoruba land

Are you saying that the only truth in what that man said is the Yoruba selling their lands to IGBOS? And how will you know that IGBOS don't rent out to others in IGBO land?
I know of at least two Yoruba people in my local govt, one medical doctor and another man in bet9ja business, the doctor adeniyi has lands and lands which he has developed and people patronize them a lot, there are even more, I am from mbaise, ask anyone about adebayo and adeniyi, this people are practically mbaise people and they are loved here, and and they are doing well for themselves here, you are wherever you are saying what you don't know, I want to believe you haven't even visited any part of IGBO land,
You need to move out of your place and see things for yourself,
Our thing is that you have to compete, and the only reason people like you are like you are is because you can't compete, there are Yoruba people in alaba international and other places where you think IGBOS dominate, those are people who are not burdened by inferiority complex, the worst thing coming out of people like you is calling IGBOS haters while you are the real haters, mine you, I am not insulting you but saying things as they are, I am not a hater, and not afraid of you or anyone and will not certainly want you to keep hating but look inwards and be sincere with yourself about what that man wrote, it's unfortunate that people like you will think that it's only IGBO people who are not comfortable with the wrong going on here, And you just proved the writer correct again by saying he is half IGBO, that's exactly what he is saying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Tyriq: 9:23am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

Lol, says who? So you don't even understand how it even works?

Oya how much did Dangote pay to acquire those 'shores'?

Lol Clown.
How much is money? Even if its a hundred trillion.
The point is an ABOKI have taken over ur waters.
Now tell me, wat is the impact of the money dangote paid? To lagosians and yorubas? Wetin una use de money do?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by chudyprince: 9:57am On May 14, 2023
Creeper:
This gorilla is either gay or one of those lazy and ugly Yoruba bastards that depend on Igbos economically to survive.

For Yorubas to survive in Nigeria - they have to practise self-preservation and be more conservative. And that’s non-negotiable.

I think this guy needs to get a job and be more useful to himself and his family. No grown man should be depending on others for survival or getting fcked in his arse. And Chinedu isn’t Yoruba - he’s Igbo.

But you depend on fulani for survival, you hypocrite idiot

9 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by ProphetM0hammad: 10:00am On May 14, 2023
I don't blame this slowpoke

Imagine if obi had won the presidential election and shinedu had won the governorship election in Lagos.

That's only when a fool like this will wake up and smell the coffee.

We all saw their body language when obi won in Lagos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by 7lives: 10:02am On May 14, 2023
Creeper:
This gorilla is either gay or one of those lazy and ugly Yoruba bastards that depend on Igbos economically to survive.

For Yorubas to survive in Nigeria - they have to practise self-preservation and be more conservative. And that’s non-negotiable.

I think this guy needs to get a job and be more useful to himself and his family. No grown man should be depending on others for survival or getting fcked in his arse. And Chinedu isn’t Yoruba - he’s Igbo.

Don't mind the Omo Ako ti Ile ta.
Probably an estate agent.
The recent awakening is cripplingly their armed robber business.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Chigorkizz(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2023
Awwww! See upper cut.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by PreyingMantis(m): 10:03am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

Few reasonable ones Abi those who missed out on juicy appointments and are bitter.

I remembered when Jimi Disu of Nigeria Info fm, was always referring to certain Yoruba people in places of power as cousins, ex-classmates (in king's college), licking ass and all.

Immediately after 2019 elections when nobody looked at his direction, he began to attack all of them in his show.....till today sef.

But many of us know that it's the bitterness of missing out of the national cake that is paining them.

This is the same mentality the writer is speaking against... Yorubas have jettisoned hard work, creativity and enterprise in favour of looking for political appointments and patronage.

What a shame!

11 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by 7lives: 10:03am On May 14, 2023
Creeper:

Awolowo was about the survival of Yorubas and self-preservation unlike Tinubu who’s an Igbo lover. If Awolowo were alive - Igbos won’t be as brazen as they’re and he would have checkmated you time ago.

And like you posited in your other post - Tulumbu is a clown for being an Igbo lover hence I’m not his fan albeit I tolerate him. And he can’t lace Awolowo’s boots. So, you’re right about this lost generation of Igbo loving Yoruba bastards, lol.

Finito

5 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by 7lives: 10:13am On May 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
If you wrote this epistle because of Chinedu Rhodes-Vivor,then you sir,are not a real Yoruba! How can you expect us to accept a man who hates his so-called father's kinsmen? Such a thoughtless write up...even my Igbo colleagues can't hide their admiration for the Yorubas undecided

Gbadebo omo ale to nfi owo osi juwe Ile baba e.
Yorubas knows who we are and we know who the likes of Gbadebo are.
Yoruba are too smart to press the self destruct botton.
Yoruba o ni ever gbe ounje omo fun aja.
Eewo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by LeopardX: 10:40am On May 14, 2023
PreyingMantis:
This is the same mentality the writer is speaking against... Yorubas have jettisoned hard work, creativity and enterprise in favour of looking for political appointments and patronage.

What a shame!
Guy rest. You're sounding like a clown at this point.

There will always be different kind of people in every society, with varying interests in politics, business, religion, academics, entertainment, sports, etc.

Now since you generalized by saying ALL Yorubas are only interested in political patronage and appointment, don't you see how that sounds? Like so naive and clownish. Maybe outrightly stupid sef.

It's just like saying ALL Igbos are only interested in doing buying and selling business. Wouldn't that be so wrong?

Very funny way of thinking honestly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by Elliotwaveforec: 10:40am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

That Jimi Disu is such a perennial loser; I listen to his programme on Nigeriainfo.

3 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by LeopardX: 10:45am On May 14, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

That Jimi Disu is such a perennial loser; I listen to his programme on Nigeriainfo.
@preyingmantis, while I didnt specifically make reference to this Bayo Odetola who wrote the piece, cos i don't know him or his antecedent, i know of Jimi Disu, who before 2019 general elections was a political jobber and ass-licker who missed out. Lol.

He then began to turn against the people he thought he would gain from. Overnight he became a patriot who spoke truth to power.
A loser he is 🤡

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by LeopardX: 10:46am On May 14, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

His receipt is littered everywhere on social media.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by PreyingMantis(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

Guy rest. You're sounding like a clown at this point.

There will always be different kind of people in every society, with varying interests in politics, business, religion, academics, entertainment, sports, etc.

Now since you generalized by saying ALL Yorubas are only interested in political patronage and appointment, don't you see how that sounds? Like so naive and clownish. Maybe outrightly stupid sef.

It's just like saying ALL Igbos are only interested in doing buying and selling business. Wouldn't that be so wrong?

Very funny way of thinking honestly.

My friend this is not about me. Your statement only affirmed what the Yoruba writer said.
Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by aswani(m): 10:52am On May 14, 2023
PreyingMantis:
The Yorubas are becoming an insecure, frightened and second rate nation..Kola Odetola
——. —— —— ———

*So fearful that we cant even accept one of our own because his mother is ibo* despite the fact that the Yoruba race is Patrilineal.

We fear a yoruba man because he has an ibo mother?
Are Yoruba now matrilineal?
Thats how supine, how fearful we have become.

Am I missing something or did Adeleke not get elected Governor of Osun state?

I guess this poster is referring to Chinedu Gbadebo. No one feared him, Yoruba people were simply alarmed at some of his social media posts and inability to master the language of his forbears.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by marlow1962(m): 11:02am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:
It is better to be scared and feel insecure.
This will help you become cautious and take safety measures.

They said we're cowards, but it's cowards that point to the house of a brave, but dead man, and write his story. And he can write whatever he likes. Lol.

Btw, never fight a 'coward'. You'll most likely lose.
So you be proud coward?
Ah no wonder, I taught as much.

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by 7lives: 11:08am On May 14, 2023
kettykings:

The guy you quote is nice.
Let me be honest with you, in Yorubaland we called it ojukokoro. " covetousness"
Escuse me, what exactly are in these Yoruba churches, that are not in Igbo owned churches?.
Are you trying to tell me that the founders of these Yoruba churches are more Godly than Igbo G.Os?, more annoited?, more inspired?.
Where is CPM and TREM today?.
Thank God for Lord's chosen, e for be like say the most " Godly Nigerians " are lacking in inspiration and power of the holy spirit, that God cannot raise great men of God among them.
Long story short, Igbos prefer things that are not their own, simple.
You can't abandon what you have, and blame others for the sorry situation of your stuffs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by LeopardX: 11:09am On May 14, 2023
marlow1962:

So you be proud coward?
Ah no wonder, I taught as much.
'coward'?
How would you know one if there's no conflict?

We are 'cowards' but we are being blamed for all the problems in Nigeria.

We are cowards, but politically (since that's the in thing right now) we Excel. Both in power and also in opposition.

So how exactly am I a coward (as a tribe) if I always have my way, both in power and in opposition? I wonder.

I am speaking for my tribe.

Those who are brave have nothing. Those labelled cowards always have their way.

Isn't it strange? 🤡

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by 7lives: 11:38am On May 14, 2023
LeopardX:

'coward'?
How would you know one if there's no conflict?

We are 'cowards' but we are being blamed for all the problems in Nigeria.

We are cowards, but politically (since that's the in thing right now) we Excel. Both in power and also in opposition.

So how exactly am I a coward (as a tribe) if I always have my way, both in power and in opposition? I wonder.

I am speaking for my tribe.

Those who are brave have nothing. Those labelled cowards always have their way.

Isn't it strange? 🤡

They just don't get it.
Ogbon ju agbara lo.
There is a difference between the primary, secondary and minor.
Their thinking level is still at the minor stage.
Until they manage to elevate to the secondary level in thinking, they may not be able to see things clearly.
39% of Yoruba folks are in secondary thinking, the remaining 61% are in the primary mode of thinking.
That primary mode is the most important level, that is the thinking level that's been on in Yorubaland since Oranmiyan as the first Alafin of Oyo.
Yoruba will factor a lot of variables into consideration, before taking a decision.
If Yorubas are not still deep rooted in deep analysis and self preservation, what do you think would have happened in the last election?.
This is what those calling Yoruba " weak " found confusing.
Yorubas are doing great, the numbskulls among us are our bags and baggages, we shall drag them along.
But our bags and baggages pull us down?, ala ti ko ni le se, Eewo.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by waynetee(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2023
Whatever you call it...its your problem.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by successmatters(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2023
Creeper:

Are there Yorubas that depend on Igbos for survival?

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola by waynetee(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2023
CSTRR:
They can be insecure all they want.

That's their cup of tea.

But they should be careful not to overstep their boundaries.

Boundary in their own land? That is why they beat you retards all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo / Pdp Leader Beat Up A Vice-principal. / Lagosians Regret Voting In Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.