Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish (31595 Views)

2023: Prayers Of Intercession By Churches Keeping Nigeria Together - Kumuyi / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

But Jesus gave a target of preaching the gospel throughout all the earth. Or is that not a target?
If we're doing only what Jesus says, I saw a post you made about predestined children, when did Jesus ever make such statements? So, you're actuality doing what you accused others of.
Also in Matt 7vs 1, Jesus said judge not, while you just judged Christ embassy as worldly. You set a standard you can't keep
You've obviously been following my response to comments here and even quoted one, yet you couldn't see that I had already answered the question you asked about preaching being a target Jesus gave to His disciples.

Even if you're blinded by personal sentiments and not led by the Truth, at least try to pretend a bit.

This is obviously not about preaching the Gospel but setting financial and attendance targets in churches, which put people under pressure to preach rubbish, as many were guilty of doing today in such churches, because my friend was not the only one guilty of this, he's just one of the few ones that were honest enough to admit it despite being a devoted member of the church and lover of the head pastor.

Perhaps you could learn something from his honesty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by xproducer: 3:57pm On May 14, 2023
"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." - 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by enthronedbyGod1: 3:58pm On May 14, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I'm not going to try to convince you with scriptures because even if I did, you'd still choose to believe what you wanted. Some of the scriptures you often quote were from head knowledge of some apostles which went contrary to the teachings of Christ, but you still accept them regardless because they came from apostles of Christ. They're no different from the true apostles of this day, including my humble self, even if you chose not to accord us the same respect.

God bless you.

I love and respect you as a Christian brother, but you are not an Apostle of Christ.
I'd argue no further as we can agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by FarmTech(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2023
Justbeingreal:
THE SO CALLED MOG HAVE TURNED CHRISTIANITY INTO A COMIC SHOW/BUSINESS ENTERPRISE. WHO NOR WISE UP NA E KNOW.

RELIGION IS A BIG PART OF THE PROBLEMS AFFECTING HUMANITY. MOST PEOPLE NO LONGER USE THEIR BRAINS.

REMOVE THE OFFERINGS AND TITHES AND SEE IF MOST RELIGIOUS CENTERS WON'T FOLD UP WITH THEIR MOG QUITTING THE HUSTLE..
Correct. But we shud know that churches still need money to maintain and expand.
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Justbeingreal(m): 4:14pm On May 14, 2023
FarmTech:

Correct. But we shud know that churches still need money to maintain and expand.
The reality on ground now has shown that churches these days are just business centers..
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by yinkbell: 4:15pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Sorry Sir, are you a Christian? Even a baby Christian knows paying tithes and offerings is a responsibility for every member. If you have 20 members and they pay 1000 each as tithes. If God adds 5 members to the church and those 5 pay 500 each. Has the church finances improved or not?
Can you quote the scripture you're referring to that negates above.
As I have pointed out, the op is very wrong. The issue of setting target is doctrinal and I don't see how he's in a position to be judging a church's doctrine based on his personal standards.

Church doctrine should be scripturally based.
Would you pls point to us how targets were set in the Scripture?
The book of act reveals much more about emergence of Church after Pentecost, the Church grew in numbers and in power.

Holy Spirit grows the Church not through human wisdom or worldly wisdom
If you have the scriptural backup for Church setting a target either for souls won for Christ or for remittance then I will agree with you.

Even, as book of mark 16:15 says we should go into all the world and preach Christ; scripture does not say we should preach denomination.
It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convert and guide the new convert to a place of worship.
Even if we do recommend a place of worship to them, we must be careful not to mislead them.
Setting target in the Church is not a Bible doctrine sir.

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:26pm On May 14, 2023
enthronedbyGod1:

I love and respect you as a Christian brother, but you are not an Apostle of Christ.
I'd argue no further as we can agree to disagree.
The Holy Spirit surely didn't reveal this to you but the flesh, so I'm also expecting He that is upon me to correct this flesh-based and utterly ignorant statement you made about me as He did in the other occasion you made a similar blunder in the past.

Take care and God bless.
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by mbaise1000: 4:41pm On May 14, 2023
newmoney133:

Are you sure rccg set target on amount to be payed by the branches?I am shocked. I know the branches pay remittance to province monthly and no target.

Bros,
Remittance to the proviences and proviences remit to the headquarters and headquarters remit to the daddy g.o, a remmitance that must be paid, and if the branch pastor doesn't or isn't meeting up on the remmitance, somebody will ask him why, is a target, we are talking about commercializing what shouldn't be commercialized, but when we remember what is written in 2 Peter 2 verse 2, we will not be surprised, one can only be sorry for the lost souls who are in these places and will want to die defending them, churches that will build schoolsvand their members cannot afford to send their children to the schools they contributed money to build, a claimed "followers" of Jesus Christ using a private jet and his members are beggars on the road, and such will claim to be a man of God and people will stay with such people and claim the have the spirit of God in them
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by psgodwin: 4:45pm On May 14, 2023
It is often said that it is foolishness and ignorance on rampage to attempt to delve into a any subject you have no light on.....The issue of soul winning didn't start from Nigerian churches (Christ Embassy)....It's because we read social media these days instead of the bible....What do you know about vision?
1. Individually we are to have visions as Christians on the number of souls you should win for Christ not necessarily to church denomination.
2. Every church has her own vision as given by God and everyone that decides to fellowship has a part to play in seeing that vision becomes a reality Hab 2:1-4 explains that subject.
3. Soul winning is not a doctrine of any single church....2Cor 5:17-21 has solved that already.
4. Any body who is not productive spiritually as a Christian cannot be productive a s a church leader. So they will take every instruction of the church as canal... Especially on subject like this....
5. On the subject of financial target, i can imagine you wouldn't have heard the gospel and become a Christian if not for the financial sacrifice of others.......

Conclusion
What did Jesus came for? How do you tell people about Jesus?
What is your commitment to that?
How do you prove your love to Him if not by going after what He loves the most?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 4:49pm On May 14, 2023
yinkbell:

Church doctrine should be scripturally based.
Would you pls point to us how targets were set in the Scripture?
The book of act reveals much more about emergence of Church after Pentecost, the Church grew in numbers and in power.

Holy Spirit grows the Church not through human wisdom or worldly wisdom
If you have the scriptural backup for Church setting a target either for souls won for Christ or for remittance then I will agree with you.

Even, as book of mark 16:15 says we should go into all the world and preach Christ; scripture does not say we should preach denomination.
It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convert and guide the new convert to a place of worship.
Even if we do recommend a place of worship to them, we must be careful not to mislead them.
Setting target in the Church is not a Bible doctrine sir.
I disagree sir. Though I agree church doctrine should be scriptural, not all church doctrine is based on the bible and that doesn't make them bad. For example, a certain denomination once said the TV was the "devil's box" and with good reason too. That's nowhere in the bible and the interesting thing is around the same time the head of that church propounded that doctrine in furtherance of their quest for holiness, an evangelist in the US by the name of Billy Graham was using the TV to start a revival. The point I'm making here is the obvious conflict in doctrine, which still exists in different churches even to today. Some churches believe it's wrong for a woman to enter the church with her hair uncovered, while others do not.
In this particular matter, I've taken note of the Op's claim that his grouse is with attendance and financial targets, which I still find disagreeable because attendance and financial growth is one of the duties of a pastor. However, a lot of comments have even stretched it to claim Christ gave no such target just as you are doing. That's not true. Christ gave a target; the whole earth. If his managers on earth decide the best strategy is to use financial and attendance target as a means of measuring growth, I see nothing wrong with it.
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 4:55pm On May 14, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You've obviously been following my response to comments here and even quoted one, yet you couldn't see that I had already answered the question you asked about preaching being a target Jesus gave to His disciples.

Even if you're blinded by personal sentiments and not led by the Truth, at least try to pretend a bit.

This is obviously not about preaching the Gospel but setting financial and attendance targets in churches, which put people under pressure to preach rubbish, as many were guilty of doing today in such churches, because my friend was not the only one guilty of this, he's just one of the few ones that were honest enough to admit it despite being a devoted member of the church and lover of the head pastor.

Perhaps you could learn something from his honesty.
You claim to be an Apostle of Christ. May i ask, if you have a couple of branches of your church you administer, as a church administrator, how do you measure growth in those parishes? Furthermore, how do you ensure you get the Pastors under your tutelage to meet the targets of the church?
Let me even ask plainly, as an administrator yourself, is it right for a church to have growth targets?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

What you're contending is simply doctrinal. There's nothing in the Bible that says setting a target for a pastor is wrong.
The Bible makes it clear there are different crowns for those who win souls based on the number they win. So if a church decides the strategy it employs for carrying out the great commission is to set targets for soul winning for her pastors, how is that worldly?
are churches really winning souls these days or getting pple from other churches as members... Nothing wrong in setting goals of Target since church is an organization too but it's should be realistic and founders or leaders should reduce pressure on members and not make it mandatory to meet even Christ in his task to his disciples said if u go out to preach do not force pple to hear or receive do and go... Church isn't a profit organization that's why in church account I nothing like profit or loss it's income and expenditure
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 5:05pm On May 14, 2023
Majesty7:

My brother, I love you and I understand you perfectly but gift is totally different from request. Jesus received gift. He never coerced anyone to give him. It ia different from "Offering time, blessing time".

Now in regards to the verse you quoted ."44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need."

Verse 45 is the foundation of Christianity. Is this how it is still being practiced?

The bottom line is winning more souls to Christ should never increase the Church's profit. It is a never a business center.

Let me tell you one little secret. No pastors who rides a car but has a member suffering will sit at the right hand of Jesus. However, it is possible they sits at the right hand of God as a practicing Judsism.

Remember, They sold whatever they had to meet each ones need. The basic of given in Christainity is to erase lack within the Church not to enrich anyone of them.

Thank you

1. Offering time, blessing time is not coercion. No one puts a gun to anyone's head to give an offering.
2. Verse 2 is not the foundation of Christianity as you put it.
You have too many sentiments in you. Jesus was asked by Judas why he allowed a woman to waste expensive perfume on him instead of selling it and giving the money to the poor. His response was that the poor will always be with us.
You expect the church to grow in numbers but not in offerings as if offerings is a discomfort to any genuine member of a church.
You also think a Pastor should be as poor as his poorest member if not worse to have a chance at making heaven.
These are sentiments bro. You need to purge yourself off such anti-church sentiments
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 5:11pm On May 14, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
are churches really winning souls these days or getting pple from other churches as members... Nothing wrong in setting goals of Target since church is an organization too but it's should be realistic and founders or leaders should reduce pressure on members and not make it mandatory to meet even Christ in his task to his disciples said if u go out to preach do not force pple to hear or receive do and go... Church isn't a profit organization that's why in church account I nothing like profit or loss it's income and expenditure
Hmmm
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by phemmyfour: 5:16pm On May 14, 2023
Menclothing:
What is your business with your friends goals and target live your life

Target without Jesus should not be followed
It's even wrong to set such target. Jesus didn't set target for the no of people he ministered to
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by phemmyfour: 5:19pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

But Jesus gave a target instructions of preaching the gospel throughout all the earth. Or is that not a target?
If we're doing only what Jesus says, I saw a post you made about predestined children, when did Jesus ever make such statements? So, you're actuality doing what you accused others of.
Also in Matt 7vs 1, Jesus said judge not, while you just judged Christ embassy as worldly. You set a standard you can't keep
Check your dictionary for the meaning of TARGET. Jesus gave INSTRUCTIONS to believers to win souls. No particular no is attached to it
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 5:26pm On May 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
Check your dictionary for the meaning of TARGET. Jesus gave INSTRUCTIONS to believers to win souls. No particular no is attached to it
Preaching to the ends of the earth is not a target?
Preaching to every creature is not a target?
These were Jesus's words
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by yinkbell: 5:26pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

I disagree sir. Though I agree church doctrine should be scriptural, not all church doctrine is based on the bible and that doesn't make them bad. For example, a certain denomination once said the TV was the "devil's box" and with good reason too. That's nowhere in the bible and the interesting thing is around the same time the head of that church propounded that doctrine in furtherance of their quest for holiness, an evangelist in the US by the name of Billy Graham was using the TV to start a revival. The point I'm making here is the obvious conflict in doctrine, which still exists in different churches even to today. Some churches believe it's wrong for a woman to enter the church with her hair uncovered, while others do not.
In this particular matter, I've taken note of the Op's claim that his grouse is with attendance and financial targets, which I still find disagreeable because attendance and financial growth is one of the duties of a pastor. However, a lot of comments have even stretched it to claim Christ gave no such target just as you are doing. That's not true. Christ gave a target; the whole earth. If his managers on earth decide the best is to use financial and attendance target as a means of measuring growth, I see nothing wrong with it.

A
At the bolded;
Sir, your last paragraph talks about employing the method of how earthly managers set targets to achieve their aim, this is not right sir.

This is the way of telling the Holy Spirit to take the back seat and one should allow himself to use his own wisdom in running the Church.
There should be ordinances guilding how Church should be run and this is where the Holy Spirit comes in.

Sir, remember the time of Moses leading God's people in the wilderness.
We can say this is similitude to a type of Church. Every Ordinances concerning worship, personal hygiene, marriage, christening, sacrifices, priestly ordination etc are given to him by God. Infact,Moses dare not count the Lord's people except through the command of the Most High God.

Same with our Lord Jesus who died for us. He says, he doesn't do anything of his own, what he sees the father doing, that is what he does. Same also goes for other apostles, every steps are guided with the Help of Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit is a personality who is overseeing the Church of God. He is so real and instruct both the leaders of the Church of Christ and the followers on anything to do concerning church doctrines and ordinances. Most of what Holy Spirit tells the Church are grounded in the Scripture.

Many a times, He direct us to a portion of Scripture for clarity and also speaks loudly in our hearts.
Sometimes, he passed message to us through visions, dreams and trance.
As regards to the target that you said that Jesus says we should preach to the whole world, you should ask, how did he say we should go about it?

He says, " if I am lifted up, I will draw all men to myself".
If He is the one drawing all men to himself; he is the one that knows the numbers of convert that will be joining the Church everyday, week, months and yearly not we human being setting a target of what the numbers of worshipers must be either weekly, monthly, and yearly.

Holy Spirit populates the Church as we live in obedience to Christ to preach the gospel.
We Christians should follow Holy Spirit on His leading not using earthly knowledge or our human knowledge. Our human knowledge is limited and liable for many flaws but that of Holy Spirit is perfect and flawless.

1 Like

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by phemmyfour: 5:30pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Preaching to the ends of the earth is not a target?
Preaching to every creature is not a target?
These were Jesus's words
That's not target. "Ends of the earth" there means preaching to anyone and any race on planet earth.
In other words, the gospel is meant for EVERYBODY. He didn't attach numbers to it

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by iruoghene7(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2023
That's why denomination is not of God, check the scriptures, you will never see the apostles do such.
When the target of a said church is to acquire certain financial or material achievement and not primarily the souls of the members, then you know there is problem. The said church is boldly making merchandise of the people.

Let your friend make his stand known, if he is sincere about his calling and take whatever comes out of it.
The worst that can happen to him is that the business enterprise pretending to be a church will definitely kick him out.

He answers to God and not a man.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 5:40pm On May 14, 2023
yinkbell:
[/b]
A
At the bolded;
Sir, your last paragraph talks about employing the method of how earthly managers set targets to achieve their aim, this is not right sir.

This is the way of telling the Holy Spirit to take the back seat and one should allow himself to use his own wisdom in running the Church.
There should be ordinances guilding how Church should be run and this is where the Holy Spirit comes in.

Sir, remember the time of Moses leading God's people in the wilderness.
We can say this is similitude to a type of Church. Every Ordinances concerning worship, personal hygiene, marriage, christening, sacrifices, priestly ordination etc are given to him by God. Infact,Moses dare not count the Lord's people except through the command of the Most High God.

Same with our Lord Jesus who died for us. He says, he doesn't do anything of his own, what he sees the father doing, that is what he does. Same also goes for other apostles, every steps are guided with the Help of Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit is a personality who is overseeing the Church of God. He is so real and instruct both the leaders of the Church of Christ and the followers on anything to do concerning church doctrines and ordinances. Most of what Holy Spirit tells the Church are grounded in the Scripture.

Many a times, He direct us to a portion of Scripture for clarity and also speaks loudly in our hearts.
Sometimes, he passed message to us through visions, dreams and trance.
As regards to the target that you said that Jesus says we should preach to the whole world, you should ask, how did he say we should go about it?

He says, " if I am lifted up, I will draw all men to myself".
If He is the one drawing all men to himself; he is the one that knows the numbers of convert that will be joining the Church everyday, week, months and yearly not we human being setting a target of what the numbers of worshipers must be either weekly, monthly, and yearly.

Holy Spirit populates the Church as we live in obedience to Christ to preach the gospel.
We Christians should follow Holy Spirit on His leading not using earthly knowledge or our human knowledge. Our human knowledge is limited and liable for many flaws but that of Holy Spirit is perfect and flawless.
I perfectly understand and agree with what you said.
However, except we are directly saying almost all our respected men of God are not being led by the Holy Spirit, we should know that administration in church can also be by human intent as long as it does not negate Christ's command. For example, Moses that you mentioned, took advice from his father-in- law and appointed judges according to the tribe of Israel. Those judges carried out responsibilities on his behalf and also in return appointed elders. Even God asked Moses: "Why do you look up to me" in a particular instance.
I totally agree that the Holy Spirit is supreme. But it does not imply directives of spiritual leaders towards church growth should be discounted simply because we feel they are not Spirit led. I'm pretty sure if you ask Christ Embassy leaders for example, they'll insist they were led by the Holy Spirit to do that. Will you then contend against them? My point is as long as the underlying aim is to encourage church growth, we shouldn't be too quick to judge them.
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 5:46pm On May 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
That's not target. "Ends of the earth" there means preaching to anyone and any race on planet earth.
In other words, the gospel is meant for EVERYBODY. He didn't attach numbers to it
Bro target is not just a number but a specific aim. If i say I want to climb to the top of Mount everest, that's a target but not number not so?
Look, this issue the Op is bringing up has to do with church administration. No one can be forced to do anything out of the normal in that instance.
Even churches like Catholic, Anglican etc track church attendance and finances. That's my stand. If anyone tells you to do something sinful to meet a target as a pastor, then you have the right not to do it. But just giving targets to a parish is not worldly as the Op claims. The fault lies with his pastor- friend who was over- ambitious and chose to cut corners.
Ok. What about Pastors who go diabolical to preform miracles? Will they say they are being forced by church targets too?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by phemmyfour: 6:22pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Bro target is not just a number but a specific aim. If i say I want to climb to the top of Mount everest, that's a target but not number not so?
Look, this issue the Op is bringing up has to do with church administration. No one can be forced to do anything out of the normal in that instance.
Even churches like Catholic, Anglican etc track church attendance and finances. That's my stand. If anyone tells you to do something sinful to meet a target as a pastor, then you have the right not to do it. But just giving targets to a parish is not worldly as the Op claims. The fault lies with his pastor- friend who was over- ambitious and chose to cut corners.
Ok. What about Pastors who go diabolical to preform miracles? Will they say they are being forced by church targets too?
You can't address "Church growth" the OP is talking about without talking about numbers. We all know that these fake churches are after money and they need crowd and perform fake miracles to attract such crowd and dumped them. Jesus didn't give us target, he gave us instructions.

The message wasn't particular unlike yours targeting Mount Everest. The message is for ALL. Young, old, black, white etc. In no particular order or preference, no TARGET set
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by denzel231: 6:30pm On May 14, 2023
TheRealOwner:

God bless him
Amen .
Do you listen to him too?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Majesty7: 7:07pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

1. Offering time, blessing time is not coercion. No one puts a gun to anyone's head to give an offering.
2. Verse 2 is not the foundation of Christianity as you put it.
You have too many sentiments in you. Jesus was asked by Judas why he allowed a woman to waste expensive perfume on him instead of selling it and giving the money to the poor. His response was that the poor will always be with us.
You expect the church to grow in numbers but not in offerings as if offerings is a discomfort to any genuine member of a church.
You also think a Pastor should be as poor as his poorest member if not worse to have a chance at making heaven.
These are sentiments bro. You need to purge yourself off such anti-church sentiments

Thankfully today is Sunday grin. Let me address it bit by bit.

Offering time: Although Jesus didn't frown at it but it is the practice of the mosaic law (Judaism). A poor woman dropped her meagre offering and Jesus said her offering remains the most acceptable because she dropped all that she has. Offering time blessing is a coercion to tell gullible believers to belive that once you give you will be bless. That was why Jesus corrected that. It is a practice and there is no harm in that only that Christ didn't teach us that except for "sharing".

Verse 2 remains the foundation of Christainity. Sharing what you have. This was stressed when the rich man met Jesus and requested to know what he can do to be save. He told him to sell everything that he has and share it among the poor and then follow him. This continues to be the practice of the early Christians as they share what they have among themselves to meet everyone's needs.

The woman who poured expensive on Jesus legs was a sign of honor and respect she has for Jesus. The reason why Judas said they should sell and give to the poor is because of the teachings and tenets of Christ. That is their practice but Jesus told him not to bother. She pouring expensive oil on Jesus has nothing to do with the present teachings. She love Christ and decide to do that. Jesus never told her to go bring oil to rub his feet. Your argument there doesn't correlate.

Pastor of Christ should not be poor but shouldn't have more than he needs when there are still church members that are lacking.

I am not against you practicing Judaism but if you want to have part in the kingdom of Christ, I am sorry you have to follow his preaching.

He told them that he will tell them he know them not since they fail to share what they have. Read Matthew 25 vs 31-40

Thank you
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 7:42pm On May 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
You can't address "Church growth" the OP is talking about without talking about numbers. We all know that these fake churches are after money and they need crowd and perform fake miracles to attract such crowd and dumped them. Jesus didn't give us target, he gave us instructions.

The message wasn't particular unlike yours targeting Mount Everest. The message is for ALL. Young, old, black, white etc. In no particular order or preference, no TARGET set

Toh. So Christ embassy is a fake church ba?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 7:58pm On May 14, 2023
Majesty7:

Thankfully today is Sunday grin. Let me address it bit by bit.

Offering time: Although Jesus didn't frown at it but it is the practice of the mosaic law (Judaism). A poor woman dropped her meagre offering and Jesus said her offering remains the most acceptable because she dropped all that she has. Offering time blessing is a coercion to tell gullible believers to belive that once you give you will be bless. That was why Jesus corrected that. It is a practice and there is no harm in that only that Christ didn't teach us that except for "sharing".

Verse 2 remains the foundation of Christainity. Sharing what you have. This was stressed when the rich man met Jesus and requested to know what he can do to be save. He told him to sell everything that he has and share it among the poor and then follow him. This continues to be the practice of the early Christians as they share what they have among themselves to meet everyone's needs.

The woman who poured expensive on Jesus legs was a sign of honor and respect she has for Jesus. The reason why Judas said they should sell and give to the poor is because of the teachings and tenets of Christ. That is their practice but Jesus told him not to bother. She pouring expensive oil on Jesus has nothing to do with the present teachings. She love Christ and decide to do that. Jesus never told her to go bring oil to rub his feet. Your argument there doesn't correlate.

Pastor of Christ should not be poor but shouldn't have more than he needs when there are still church members that are lacking.

I am not against you practicing Judaism but if you want to have part in the kingdom of Christ, I am sorry you have to follow his preaching.

He told them that he will tell them he know them not since they fail to share what they have. Read Matthew 25 vs 31-40

Thank you

1. Since Christ affirmed offerings, what then do you have against it? Your interpretation of offering time as coercion is tantamount to saying preaching believing in Jesus to escape Hell is coercion.
2. Foundation of Christianity is the death and resurrection of Jesus and not any other thing. All other things were built on that.
If you attribute the offering of the woman with expensive perfume to love and not coercion, why do you not also attribute giving offerings in church to love as well?
So a Pastor should be as rich as the poorest member of his church. Hmm. Lemme ask you. If your pastor goes about begging for food and money to feed, will you be proud to show him off to people as your pastor?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by phemmyfour: 8:03pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Toh. So Christ embassy is a fake church ba?
Once you have target, you are fake

Just go and minister to them whether one, ten or thousand. Stop the unnecessary target, that's what will lead you to unbiblical act.

The day Jesus fed 5000+, did he set target that he would minister and feed them on that particular day?

2 Likes

Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by blahc007: 8:07pm On May 14, 2023
georgeakins:

Those pastors should go and find jobs and stop living off people.
Many of them have established businesses before going into ministry....

Some had good paying jobs before they wia called into ministry...and they left all and obeyed the clarion call.

No doubts there are bad eggs, all successful men of God aren't bad as you see on the net...
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by Kukutenla: 8:11pm On May 14, 2023
phemmyfour:
Once you have target, you are fake

Just go and minister to them whether one, ten or thousand. Stop the unnecessary target, that's what will lead you to unbiblical act.

The day Jesus fed 5000+, did he set target that he would minister and feed them on that particular day?

Wonderful!! Are you aware Redeemed also plant a church every Easter and Christmas? Does that also make them fake?
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by FarmTech(m): 9:37pm On May 14, 2023
Justbeingreal:
The reality on ground now has shown that churches these days are just business centers..
Not all though. Some are trying oo. It's not essy.
Re: Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish by AutoConsult: 9:56pm On May 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

This is a lie. How many living faith churches have you gone to where they preach money every Sunday.
Fear God na
See diswan. So all of us saying it on here are lying. Why is everyone mentioning Living Faith? We do meeting before we start to dey comment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Do Not Believe in God / Virgins Are A Burden, The Bible Doesn't Condemn Prostitution- Ghanaian Pastor / 'Your Mugabe Will Surely Resign' Church Poster (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.