Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall (91061 Views)

Eddie Murphy Expecting His 10th Child (Photos) / Murphy Afolabi Buys A New SUV (Photos) / Murphy Afolabi's 44th Birthday Party In Toronto, Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by sharpwriter(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2023
bionixs:
Rest in peace, brother.

Just last Wednesday, I was talking my bath , standing in the bathtub when my wife called repeatedly and I was forced to go and pick.
With soap foam all over, as I was returning back to the thub, just the first step on the thub , I landed with my neck . God just saved me.

Never leave the thub if you have not rinsed off the soap completely from your feet
Broz go and remove that bath tub if na you get the house... That thing is more dangerous than tiles. It is notable for killing elderly people or rendering them incapacitated. Imagine if you as an able bodied man falling like that, if it were an old person, their falls are always fatal because they can't struggle to regain balance.

6 Likes

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by ogelekpomgam(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2023
Dialpad:
RIP........ unbelievable, Murphy was a talented actor.

The cause of death is scary.

He must have slipped and hit his head hard on the floor.

Builders in the house, how can we have safer bathrooms to avoid occurrences like this.

We can all try get this bathroom mat
Make use of non slip tiles in your bathroom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Dearlord(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2023
Rip young man.
Let be more cautious of bathroom activities
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Acidosis(m): 3:14pm On May 14, 2023
Really? This guy is dead? shocked shocked Omo this life sha!
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by chidiokay: 3:15pm On May 14, 2023
Dialpad:

Builders in the house, how can we have safer bathrooms to avoid occurrences like this.

Alway pick tiles with a rough surface for your bathroom, and there are safe slippers you can get as well.
When we get to our Final destination what will happen will happen undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Bringbackmandat: 3:15pm On May 14, 2023
lhordspy:

So people actually voted him? It was rigged anymore? grin
base on report. Mind you, even the devil get fans.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by guyboss: 3:15pm On May 14, 2023
MT:

The question is, must glass tiles be used inside the bathroom?

I dunno but in yet to see tiles amde with glasses
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Emmaxmusic(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2023
May his soul rest in peace and GOD consoles his family
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 14, 2023
Rip Murphy. The guy was one of the best in Yoruba epic movies. May the good lord grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss

3 Likes

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Goalnaldo(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2023
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by gotnel: 3:25pm On May 14, 2023
Good night Murphy
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Sola58: 3:26pm On May 14, 2023
So sad. He was such a talented actor. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by starstaz(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2023
GUNITGuy:
That's likely going to be heamorrhage in Pterion region of the skull ....if not treated within 1hr through surgery could be fatal ...

Middle Meningeal Artery (Storm))

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Harrynight(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
Shocking news left and right. Yesterday was St. Obi, today Murphy, Charly Boy is now on wheelchair, Falz on urgent surgery abroad Whereas, the old politicians are waxing stronger. The frail ones among them that we taunted and thought will die soon are surprisingly still living. Chai! This world no balance. RIP Murphy.

I think Charlyboy was at the airport, and I know at the airport u can request for wheelchair if can't deal with the long standing and working up and down there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by jideisaacs: 3:32pm On May 14, 2023
Sad! Sad!! Sad!!!
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by MyAmericandream(f): 3:34pm On May 14, 2023
lhordspy:
RIP. Just few days ago i saw his interview with Youtube. I was smiling all through, i was like 'this man still carry his deep yoruba accent global'. God knows best.

I think the youth needs serious mental reevaluation in this country. This is not just small issue, it is becoming insane. The first place i saw this news was under instablog, and you need to see the comment under it.

Some were even posting food picture, meaning it is time for owambe. Others were commenting ' e don try, make e go rest.' .. Different kind of irritating comments.

Most Nigerians are sick. Everything na cruise to them.

You say what? This unbelievable!
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by MasterTeeUSA: 3:35pm On May 14, 2023
We can't question God ...this is so sad. I almost fell on the bathtub...thank God I grabbed something.

Please be careful and no slippers inside the bathroom and buy a rough mat...and when getting out of bathtub...sit on the edge to get out...if you miss your leg, you can hit your head on the toilet seat.

Live and learn...Happy Sunday

dodoatirice:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/05/14/just-in-nollywood-actor-murphy-afolabi-is-dead/%3famp=1
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by donbenie(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2023
sammirano:
Shocking! Something most likely triggered the fall, Heart Attack or an ischemic stroke. Mortality rate is rapidly dropping. It's best to constantly check your health once you are 45.
Must one have a heart attack or stroke before he slips on a wet floor?
A slippery tile and a wet floor is a disaster waiting to happen,heart attack or not..
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by davit: 3:37pm On May 14, 2023
Sad
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 3:37pm On May 14, 2023
Death.....reason why even those who isult and curses people and tribes in Nairaland should caution themselves.....

The wages of sin....

I shall live long to fulfil my destiny.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Goalnaldo(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2023
I dont know him well but death is painful regardless. Sending light and love to his family in this trying moment. I almost slipped too in tha bathroom a week or so ago.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by MT: 3:40pm On May 14, 2023
guyboss:

I dunno but in yet to see tiles amde with glasses

I'm not into building but I'm pretty sure you know what I was referring to.

We are addressing serious issue here, stop being cheeky
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Morphinne: 3:43pm On May 14, 2023
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by HaneefahRN(f): 3:43pm On May 14, 2023
This is shocking cry
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by juman(m): 3:44pm On May 14, 2023
Terrible news.
I wish I could reverse the incidence.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Lexicon123: 3:45pm On May 14, 2023
Dialpad:

Honestly, bathroom safety is becoming a serious concern. I have heard other scary stories of bathroom accidents. One wonders why we have slippery tiles in the bathroom. The mat you showed can easily get wet and difficult to maintain, but I want to believe safer fittings can be used. It’s well o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by FuckAnyFuckable: 3:46pm On May 14, 2023
No f*cking way.....RIP Bro!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by sammirano: 3:46pm On May 14, 2023
donbenie:
Must one have a heart attack or stroke before he slips on a wet floor?
A slippery tile and a wet floor is a disaster waiting to happen,heart attack or not..

If the age were 25 or 30 fall would be normal occurrence but we don't even hear of such young people falling. For a man of 49 the fall is suspect.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by 2mch(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2023
Try to have non slip bath mat in the bath/shower and also put absorbent bath mats outside the bath to absorb the water and or soap under your feet outside your bathroom! Once you pass 40, your grip on everything is not that strong.

Also build your bathroom floor with rough tiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by 1Alex: 3:47pm On May 14, 2023
olisefom:

Rip man! Everyone will taste death somehow.
I made this statement sometime ago on a thread like this and one stup!d nairalander started abusing me, saying I will be the only one to die, as if he will be on earth forever.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by KEPLER79OOU(m): 3:47pm On May 14, 2023
SO SAD, REST IN PEACE.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Tinymayour: 3:49pm On May 14, 2023
I understand you truly a dialpad not a thinkpad.. You deserve the best sense as it seems kangaroos sense is active than yours ..mocking d dead ,youll die soon eranko
Dialpad:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Majek Fashek Dabbled Into Spiritism And It Affected Him Terribly – Amos McRoy / "This Car is Older Than Me" - Charly Boy Shows His Family's Old Car (Pix) / Mohbad's Wife And 5-Month-Old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.