Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. (72993 Views)

Allen Onyema And Air Peace Should Learn Excellence From The Bull - Reno Omokri / Pictures Of Warri Ughelli Port Harcourt Road After The Flood / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Ireportlive: 6:07pm On May 15, 2023
Kukutenla:

Ignoring the insults, if the building was built in the 80s, how did Tinubu make land available when he was not gov in the 80s? Note also that puts a lie to his claim that the corridor was a refuse dump when he became gov in 1999 if that kind of edifice was built there in the 80s. So who is lying between you and your god?
How did he ensure Mobil built their headquarters in Lagos when he was just a treasurer. Is siting of office buildings part of the job description of a treasurer?
Lastly, o deluded sycophant, Tinubu worked in Mobil for less than five years according to court documents, in their Nigerian office in Chicago. So, he was not an executive to be part of such decision making in the first place.

He was the Asiwaju of Lagos in the 80s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Kingcalls: 6:08pm On May 15, 2023
Jack500:

Shatap! Lagos can never be a ghost town, carry your bag and go to your useless region

Lalasticlala Mukina2 Dominique
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by georgeakins: 6:09pm On May 15, 2023
Kingcalls:
There was no war in warri... it was greed and non inclusion of outsiders that were helping the city thrive .... same thing can happen to lagos with the way things are going.. u keep on burning the market of the igbos and telling them to leave lagos... same way warrians told foreign investors to leave their land if they don't do what the indigenes wanted...of cos , they had enough and left... that's black man for u, no sense at all... only experts at destroying chances... if Igbos leave lagos , most big companies will move away from lagos cos they are somehow tied to these igbo business

Shops don't add any value to Lagos economy.
What Lagos needs are genuine industrialists like Dangote, Eleganza, Otedola, BUA.

At least, there are shops in the East and they still have the least GDP

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Tradman: 6:10pm On May 15, 2023
tomitrace:
War destroys cities:
Every Nigeria City or aspiring city should learn something from the Collapse of Warri as Oil City👇👇👇

Warri was a big industrial hub in the 70's - 90's.

Warri Refinery, NNPC, DSC, Delta Glass, Shell, Chevron, Schlumberger, Dunlop, Agip, Saipem, Halliburton were in full operation back then. Escravos & Forcados were at their peak.

The city thrived. The city was full of zeal and zestful activities. People living outside hardcore Warri called themselves Wafarians because of propinquity to Warri even though they were not Wafarians. To be a Wafarian was to belong to supposedly a unique lifestyle.

Multinational/Local Banks were present Citibank, FBN, ACB, Savannah Bank.

Business activities thrived. Warri port was a beehive of economic activities

Entertainment/Night life was at its peak, Musicians, Live bands at Palmgroove Hotel, Comedians held their sway: Fela, legendary Don Baker, Majek Fashek, Emma Grey, Oritz Wiliki, Rex Lawson were a few of many of the entertainers that made Warri ebullient. Lido, Zina, etc were comparable to their ilks anywhere.

The town was full of life and it thrived.

McDermot road was busy with Maritime activities and contractors. Kingsway Mall offered anything sold in Lagos at that time.

Joma & Mosheshe were big fish distributors across the Niger Delta.

Rubber produced locally, was used to produce plastics and tyres.

The town grew in size and became a conurbation with people coming from all over the country to settle down in Warri for economic activities.

The Airports were super busy, Escravos, Forcados & Warri Airport. The Warri Airport was even relocated to Osubi for expansion.

Warri was revelling in its glory. Warri Port was fully operational and served as an economic booster for the city. It served businesses in Warri, Benin, Asaba & Onitsha. The Port created huge employment opportunities for locals and the state.

Things started to go downhill from the late 90's. The community leaders and youth chairmen began to fight themselves over control/sharing formula for royalties that came from oil & businesses from settlers.

Itsekiri, Urhobo & Ijaw leaders & youths started fighting each other. The bloody fight started around 1999 and lasted for years till 2003/2004.

The community leaders started imposing local taxes called "Deve" on all companies, industries and local businesses, buildings & projects.

Little by little, the companies frustrated, started leaving.

This continued throughout the early 2000's till 2010. The companies kept on leaving, one after the other. The companies layed off their employees. Unemployment rose.

More companies left for PH, Lagos, Akwa Ibom. They layed off more staff. Unemployment increased still.

Today all that is left in Warri, is a shadow of its glorious past.

95% of all the big companies in Warri had either left or closed down.

Most of the young people have left Warri.

The ones left are driving Keke, doing P.O.S, Spa or Boutique, Beer parlour or doing hookup.

There's peace now, but the damage the greedy community leaders did to Warri, still lingers on and is almost irredeemable at this point.

Do not assume that your city can not be destroyed if it toes the same route Warri followed. Warri leaders did not ever believe that Warri will be this economically empty today while they were fighting then. Learn from Warri and protect our economies

Have you asked why big eeconomies like US, China,etc will never allow war in their countries?

We must learn and avoid things that will trigger war in our country no matter how strong we believe we are. Businesses and investors go where there is peace than where there is war.

Follow us on This Is Nigeria
I was in warri then. I was living close to Agbassa still in secondary school hoping after graduation I will work in DSc before I know the youth and leaders destroys everywhere

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by just2endowed: 6:11pm On May 15, 2023
grandstar:
tomitrace

In America, cities that face serious riots or some parts of the cities that bore the brunt of the riots never recover.

You have the Los Angeles riots of 1992 and the Minneapolis riots in 2020 over George Floyd's death/

Many shops and businesses never reopen. You can not blame them as riots and mass looting can not be divorced.

Warri can rise again. For that to happen, the Delta state government must provide incentives for the old companies to either return or new companies setting up for the first time.

What about agbero/community dev levy? Who will address that?

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by youngrichnigga: 6:11pm On May 15, 2023
"Deve" in Lagos na "Owomida" undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by JoeEeL(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2023
mu2sa2:
Food for thought. Even formidable empires, city states and kingdoms have collapsed in the past as a result of wars and insecurity. Look at Ukraine, a thriving, prosperous country being systematically reduced to rubble. Russia itself will eventually face catastrophic economic decline, no thanks to biting sanctions by the West. That's why ipob/esn/ugm must not be allowed to overrun the SE. The violence those criminals are perpetrating would eventually create the Warri scenario in cities and communities across the SE if allowed to continue. Those who criticise Buhari because of the capture of Nnamdi Kanu, the mastermind of the violence consuming the SE, forget that Kanu is a British citizen and as we have seen had and, even now, has japa plans to flee alaigbo to the safety of Britain where his wife, children and girlfriends live.

Fulani man, wetin consine u with south?

Why didnt you mention your fulani herdsmen your Gumi the bandit has termed "fighters"...

Hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Sultan5(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2023
Efewestern:

The same Otokutu bro. It seems you aren't based here, but Otukutu is springling very fast.

Violence in Uvwie is just confided in a tiny location. In Effurun for example, clashes don't extend beyond okito junction. In Ekpan, you only witness these rascalities in some few quarters like Udumowvori etc. The rest location in-between are peaceful and that's where the development is.

Ha it was in that in between I grew up in. Warri was fun way back when but now its a dead place. I haven't returned since I left way back. Probably won't be returning anytime soon barring any occasion like weddings and the likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Landmine1: 6:16pm On May 15, 2023
jamesversion:
In Nigerias Dog eat Dog society, Warri's loss is another city's gain.
that’s not really true. Warri’s loss is a corrupt politician’s gain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:17pm On May 15, 2023
slowice:
Lagos is slowly sluding down that path ably supported by politicians and ethnic bigots.... It may take forever but if they don't retrace their steps that forever may just be around the corner.

They may not be the biggest port city for too long.

Port Harcourt did same with militancy and never recover... Though far better than warri but portharcourt is going down yearly
They don't want to heed the warning

Too bad

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by georgeakins: 6:17pm On May 15, 2023
Kingcalls:
There was no war in warri... it was greed and non inclusion of outsiders that were helping the city thrive .... same thing can happen to lagos with the way things are going.. u keep on burning the market of the igbos and telling them to leave lagos... same way warrians told foreign investors to leave their land if they don't do what the indigenes wanted...of cos , they had enough and left... that's black man for u, no sense at all... only experts at destroying chances... if Igbos leave lagos , most big companies will move away from lagos cos they are somehow tied to these igbo business

Which Ibo business will make companies leave Lagos?
Go and make your region liveable and stop dying on top of Lagos matters.
As of today, there are still more non indigenes living in Warri alone than the whole of Ibo land.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by jice(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2023
OVB123:
Bro, let be truthful to ourselves, it will be very difficult for Warri to regain her lost glory because most of the reasons for the down-falled or collapsed of Warri stated by the OP is still very rampant to this day.

Warri can't ever come back even if the refinery comes back again

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by correctguy101(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2023
tomitrace:
War destroys cities:
Every Nigeria City or aspiring city should learn something from the Collapse of Warri as Oil City👇👇👇

Warri Refinery, NNPC, DSC, Delta Glass, Shell, Chevron, Schlumberger, Dunlop, Agip, Saipem, Halliburton were in full operation back then. Escravos & Forcados were at their peak.

The city thrived. The city was full of zeal and zestful activities. People living outside hardcore Warri called themselves Wafarians because of propinquity to Warri even though they were not Wafarians. To be a Wafarian was to belong to supposedly a unique lifestyle.

Multinational/Local Banks were present Citibank, FBN, ACB, Savannah Bank.

Business activities thrived. Warri port was a beehive of economic activities

Entertainment/Night life was at its peak, Musicians, Live bands at Palmgroove Hotel, Comedians held their sway: Fela, legendary Don Baker, Majek Fashek, Emma Grey, Oritz Wiliki, Rex Lawson were a few of many of the entertainers that made Warri ebullient. Lido, Zina, etc were comparable to their ilks anywhere.

The town was full of life and it thrived.

McDermot road was busy with Maritime activities and contractors. Kingsway Mall offered anything sold in Lagos at that time.

Joma & Mosheshe were big fish distributors across the Niger Delta.

Rubber produced locally, was used to produce plastics and tyres.

The town grew in size and became a conurbation with people coming from all over the country to settle down in Warri for economic activities.

The Airports were super busy, Escravos, Forcados & Warri Airport. The Warri Airport was even relocated to Osubi for expansion.

Warri was revelling in its glory. Warri Port was fully operational and served as an economic booster for the city. It served businesses in Warri, Benin, Asaba & Onitsha. The Port created huge employment opportunities for locals and the state.

Things started to go downhill from the late 90's. The community leaders and youth chairmen began to fight themselves over control/sharing formula for royalties that came from oil & businesses from settlers.

Itsekiri, Urhobo & Ijaw leaders & youths started fighting each other. The bloody fight started around 1999 and lasted for years till 2003/2004.

The community leaders started imposing local taxes called "Deve" on all companies, industries and local businesses, buildings & projects.

Little by little, the companies frustrated, started leaving.

This continued throughout the early 2000's till 2010. The companies kept on leaving, one after the other. The companies layed off their employees. Unemployment rose.

More companies left for PH, Lagos, Akwa Ibom. They layed off more staff. Unemployment increased still.

Today all that is left in Warri, is a shadow of its glorious past.

95% of all the big companies in Warri had either left or closed down.

Most of the young people have left Warri.

The ones left are driving Keke, doing P.O.S, Spa or Boutique, Beer parlour or doing hookup.

There's peace now, but the damage the greedy community leaders did to Warri, still lingers on and is almost irredeemable at this point.

Do not assume that your city can not be destroyed if it toes the same route Warri followed. Warri leaders did not ever believe that Warri will be this economically empty today while they were fighting then. Learn from Warri and protect our economies

Have you asked why big eeconomies like US, China,etc will never allow war in their countries?

We must learn and avoid things that will trigger war in our country no matter how strong we believe we are. Businesses and investors go where there is peace than where there is war.

Follow us on This Is Nigeria

2018, I was arrested by touts and asked to pay 50k. I only briefly stopped close to ShopRite to drop my GF. After much hassle and calling my cousin who has some influence,, we settled with simply giving boys drink money. shocked

When I came drove back home I specifically told my cousin: Bro Warri don carry last.

And I always remind dem each time they claim Warri no dey carry last

It's so sad that even today, all these ills you mentioned and more are still rampant.

Imagine someone telling me to gerrout with my Lagos sense just because I tried contributing in a community meeting undecided Me wey my Mama and Papa na full Delta people o. undecided

A friend of mine was charged 200k from different groups when he tried putting something on his father's land at Ughelli and no be small fight o...smh

The experiences are much. I don even leave my house for students for Delta.

Anytime I travel to Delta and see all these, e dey really pain me how egwa money and deve can separate and cause people to kill each other.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by airsaylongcome: 6:20pm On May 15, 2023
Efewestern:

The same Otokutu bro. It seems you aren't based here, but Otukutu is springling very fast.

Violence in Uvwie is just confided in a tiny location. In Effurun for example, clashes don't extend beyond okito junction. In Ekpan, you only witness these rascalities in some few quarters like Udumowvori etc. The rest location in-between are peaceful and that's where the development is.

I know Otokutu wella. As in well well. And please, there is NO WAY Otokutu is on the same Level with Lekki in terms of property value. NO WAY. Name one attraction in that Otokutu? Move Ahead school? I don't mean to denigrate my roots but all of that Uvwie Udu and Ughelli South are all backwaters abeg. I lived in Warri when people went to clubs at night without fear. When Enerhen Junction had the street opposite Word of Life lines with Igbo traders selling their wares until late at night. Now if I go home my uncles and aunts will be calling me to come back home at 6pm. Same Warri that go-slow will hold you at Enerhen junction until 9pm and u no go dey fear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2023
Naustine:
I live in warri, moved here last year coz of work...mehn I can't say how dissappointed I was my first day here... City is dead.. nothing works here...city looks forgotten...the roads and building look.old and dilapidated.. then I noticed the people have this feeling of entitlement..I can go on and on.... But bro..Warri is like 20years behind every other city I've visited in this country
That is exactly what happens when leaders have beans for brains

Infact beans is even better

Na cement dey their brain! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Babysho(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

James Ibori vs Bola Ahmed Tinubu

When Econet came to Nigeria, they met with the political class to help them facilitate their operation lisence and Set-up

They met James Ibori who insisted on collecting millions of dollars as bribe

They met Bola Ahmed Tinubu who invested Lagos revenue in their company helping them setup and making profits in billions for Lagos State

When ExxonMobil wanted to build an headquarters, Bola Ahmed Tinubu quickly made available land in Lekki and as the company treasurer he ensured the building was constructed in Lagos

Sometimes it takes strong leadership like that of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban of Borgu GCFR to control wayward youths and engage them like they did with MC Oluomo and his goons in Lagos

Sometimes you people make me feel like Jesus Christ in Nigeria and what's crazy is I don't even know much, all I know is the basics.

Let me break it down for you. When Tinubu became a tool for foreign interest and invested in these CAPITALISTS COMPANIES with OUR commonwealth, we Lagosians were underpaid by them. Lagosians were basically slaving and we still do.

But this is how you reduce the pain of slaving and the effects of exploitative capitalism. The tax paid by these Capitalists Companies you people call “IGR” ought to go AGGRESSIVELY towards ensuring the BEST standard of living for Lagosians. Housing, healthcare, education, loan, so that Lagosians can live a life of dignity.

Instead, all of our IGR is being gulped by one family. Your Tinubu is worse than Ibori because he’s smarter. A smart slaver.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by cardoctor(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2023
Which war again for Warri?
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Efewestern: 6:22pm On May 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

South east is uniquely designed in a way to withstand these situation ....south east would have been badly affected but 99% of the business are native owned ...so economically the I security haven't affected it much

What happened in warri is the effect of too much direct investment from foreigners

Lagos is towing same part

Nah, Lagos isn't towing any similar part. A lot of factors triggered the economic woes we are experiencing today in Warri... Come to think of it, this so called Economic woes is nationwide.

Lots of the companies that left Warri also left Nigeria. The few moved to PH. But even with these woes, Warri is still one of the viable city in Delta state. Uvwie alone generates more income than any other LGA outside the city. The city just need to experience good leadership. Also, the deve levy is too much. We are trying to talk to the boys but more needs to be done.

Aside Omonile I doubt developers face the challenges People Face in Warri. Believe me, people won't try 1/10th of what they do in Lagos in Warri. The city won't contain anyone should someone wake up one morning to say Uvwie/Warri is no man's land. Whatever motive behind that statement won't be justifiable. Everyone here understands limit. The Lagos people are coolheaded and should be commended for their tolerance.

Try and set-up a company in these two cities and see how you get billed be the indigenes.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by CockAndBullStor: 6:23pm On May 15, 2023
tomitrace:
War destroys cities:

The city thrived. The city was full of zeal and zestful activities. People living outside hardcore Warri called themselves Wafarians because of propinquity to Warri even though they were not Wafarians. To be a Wafarian was to belong to supposedly a unique
Op, you mean none of those companies moved to the potopoto republic, the Land of Dying Sun? Incredible!

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Kukutenla: 6:24pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

He was the Asiwaju of Lagos in the 80s
You see. That's how sycophants are. They just mumble a lot of non- existent gibberish together and then go about writing more rubbish to defend the initial rubbish
What does being Asiwaju have to do with your wild and bogus claims

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Goodman2023: 6:25pm On May 15, 2023
Depriest2020:
Warri the City I've never visited.

The city is now a shadow of itself... The fall of warri can be attributed to many factors...the coming of democracy actually empowered youths to think that they own certain things in the state, they were empowered by politicians. the struggle for territories and the benefits attached to those territories motivated the youths to fight. They were made to believe that those oil companies were cheating them, and exploiting them.But thank God those companies left, and now unemployment is starring them at their faces. I don't feel sad for warri, parents did not play their roles as parents, every household wanted to have at least one trouble maker, what was known as JAGUDA, it was a pride then.
For me, I will attribute the fall of warri to the coming of democracy. Things that youths couldn't do during buhari, babangida, abacha and abdulsalem's era became rampant from the early 2000 and beyond.

6 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Mayeldah(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2023
Lagos should learn from this story, The Lagoon Oba and Mc Oluomo are harming the developement of Lagos

Once the Ibos leaves, Lagos will go down. Don't think it can't happen.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Efewestern: 6:28pm On May 15, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I know Otokutu wella. As in well well. And please, there is NO WAY Otokutu is on the same Level with Lekki in terms of property value. NO WAY. Name one attraction in that Otokutu? Move Ahead school? I don't mean to denigrate my roots but all of that Uvwie Udu and Ughelli South are all backwaters abeg. I lived in Warri when people went to clubs at night without fear. When Enerhen Junction had the street opposite Word of Life lines with Igbo traders selling their wares until late at night. Now if I go home my uncles and aunts will be calling me to come back home at 6pm. Same Warri that go-slow will hold you at Enerhen junction until 9pm and u no go dey fear.

Didn't say Otukutu can complete with Lekki. Just letting you know that the place no boast of choicy real estates. The plantation city for example houses some of the wealthiest in the state. Property there goes up to 4m/annum.

Yes, I understand the situation of things. But this is the only place we can call home. We don't throw away the baby and the bathwater. As we condemn the attitudes that is killing the city, we also speak life into it.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Kukutenla: 6:30pm On May 15, 2023
Another angle to this is the failure of Warri to be made the capital city of Delta in 1991. In Nigeria, where politics mix with business, the capital city usually attracts the best in terms of security, infrastructure and other things that make a city worth it. I bet if Warri was made capital in the 90s, the crisis and the thuggery would never have reached the proportion it did.

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Saga16: 6:30pm On May 15, 2023
emonis88:
This last election is pointing d way to d next city that il fall if care is not taken, nothing lasts forever!

Onitsha.

Oh, it was never a city and never had glory.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Starzo: 6:34pm On May 15, 2023
kingthreat:
I was in Warri 2 years ago. A completely shitty city. When one of my Warri-raised female friends was insulting Sanwo-Olu and APC during the governorship elections, I wanted to swear for her. Why not tell your state governors to develop your muddy state so you can go back and do your hair business. But they would not hear, they want to die in Lagos.
Shut the Bleep up you bloody liar.....which mud you see for warri?....do you think warri is Benin??

And how many warri people are in Lagos??.... visit warri and you'll see your western brothers and sisters hawking agbo on every road

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:35pm On May 15, 2023
staga:

You single out an ethnic group for continuous xenophobic hate speech, prevention of voting, attacks on their businesses, etc.

The day the Igbos, the ethnic group with the largest pool of capital doing business in Lagos, decide that enough is enough, that will be the end of Lagos as a commercial hub.

It had happened somewhere in the north that I know of, where Igbos were asked to leave by the locals. The traditional ruler of that area, a wise man, called the Igbos and asked them to close their shops for a week so the town could get a feel of life without the commercial activities of the Igbos. It did not take 4 days and the locals realized that they had nowhere to buy goods or get services like electricals, plumbing and basic stuff done.

China controls 50% of global manufacturing. When COVID hit, the global supply chain was hit. Two years later, the world's supply chain has not recovered.
Could u provide link to that, or pls d name of d state. Thanks, I want to read more on that
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:35pm On May 15, 2023
This is a touching story.
Thank God for the visionary leader like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Olanbiwonnu Okikiola Okanlomo Olubori Akanda Omoboriote Eyiowuewi Otedofo Toluwalase Jagaban Tinubu for creating enabling environment for investors in Lagos which has affected the neighbouring states like Ogun, Ondo and Oyo states positively.

Ogo ni fun olorun olodumare. Adupe tiwa ni ile Yoruba. Nigeria will be great again.
May God restore the lost glory of Warri and it's environs in Jesus name.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by creekman(m): 6:35pm On May 15, 2023
Hmnnn...this write up touch me for bone oooo....... who no know, no go know....I visited shell area at Edjeba... That place used to be like abroad...but today, the buildings are old and empty.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by ToyinDipo(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2023
Partly same as Ibadan. I could count 6 or more factories within 3 kilometer radius of our area in the 90s, Exide, Arcedem, Leyland, TSG, Veritax, Gellato... but now zero.

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by zelnababa(m): 6:41pm On May 15, 2023
ire803386:

Oga abeg remove Chelsea wey almost relegate this season....lol
almost but did not relegate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.