Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. (73040 Views)

Allen Onyema And Air Peace Should Learn Excellence From The Bull - Reno Omokri / Pictures Of Warri Ughelli Port Harcourt Road After The Flood / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by OVB123: 6:41pm On May 15, 2023
daddytime:

Nostalgic.

I can't forget them days growing up in Warri while my dad managed one of Mosheshe's subsidiaries.

Airport Road/Ugborikoko was my school base while we lived at Okumagba Avenue.

There was the huge "Delta Palace Hotel" opposite my school (Ugborikoko sec. School) and flanked by the beautifully and well-planned Bendel estate...kaii

I remember how we'd visit my uncle who was the head of the Shell Police in their estate, I would always refuse to go back home with my dad. You'd think you were in heaven...gosh
Warrior was the bomb those days. The last time I visited Warri, I shook my head in tears and disbelief.

Where are all the huge warehouses and companies on Airport Road?

It's sad how they ruined my city and country..so sad.
It is the lazy youths that destroyed warri.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Krublog(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2023
daddytime:

Kai...Sapele na another calamity.
Otite was still manageable like 14 years ago when I did some time there.

Shame...

What is left of Sapele right now is Cultism, Oloshoism, Beer Parlour and Hotels, small scale businesses, keke and Okada and of course the mother of them all, YAHOO.

Churches everywhere, but sin is engrained in the city's DNA.

Even old cinema for Oleh raid na church still hold am strong.

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by OVB123: 6:45pm On May 15, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
Moderators of nairaland so you guys decided to harm Delta State for no reason especially my region, allowing people from poorer regions and poorer states to be insulting my people here for no good reason? You guys Yoruba and ibo tribal war is now so boring that it's now Delta and my people you all have decided to start insulting for no reason?
Warri is living in her past glory. Nothing is special about Warri anymore.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Timetravel88: 6:45pm On May 15, 2023
Something more you should add. Warri as a city has a culture and lifestyle that encourages immorality and social malfeasance. This led to the decline of necessary values needed to forge a peaceful coexistence between the private sector and host communities.
"Warri no dey carry last" is one of those nefarious expressions that propelled the social decay. The layman interpretation meaning "do what you must to succeed at any cost". Imagine millions of youths indoctrinated with that mind set, it puts living responsibly with honor and dignity in the back seat.
When a wound on the body is left untreated it festers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by jconsulting(f): 6:49pm On May 15, 2023
shortgun:

Really?
You couldn't relate the write up also to Lagos on account of what happened in the last election and threats to non natives and their businesses?

The bigotry in you won't let you?

o

Is idiot like you that thought election should be war, election have come and gone ,you are still there wailing

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by TGLINKS(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2023
Na so d mata be
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Smarte724(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2023
I opened office in warri in 2018, the locals with their taxes and levies didn't allow me to continue, imagine more that 5 groups of tout claiming to me in charge of sign post levies, almost everyday one group will come and carry my office properties that I HV not paid for one thing or the other , I closed up and relocate to Benin city, and I HV no regret about it up till now.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by donbenie(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
U people will just open stupid threads to insult states that didn't harm you in anyway. In this stupid post of yourself you're obviously insulting my people, and it's pushed to Front page. You won't also post about agberos in Lagos the tiniest n dirtiest state in Nigeria or onitsha in Anambra the dirtiest city on earth as states that collapsed for others to learn lessons from is warri that is globally known that you're posting trash about. It's your life that collapsed not warri. Try get sense
Keep playing the Ostrich..
Onitsha and Lagos are the dirtiest City and State in Nigeria,but they still have economies far attractive than your Ghost Town..

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2023
mu2sa2:
Food for thought. Even formidable empires, city states and kingdoms have collapsed in the past as a result of wars and insecurity. Look at Ukraine, a thriving, prosperous country being systematically reduced to rubble. Russia itself will eventually face catastrophic economic decline, no thanks to biting sanctions by the West. That's why ipob/esn/ugm must not be allowed to overrun the SE. The violence those criminals are perpetrating would eventually create the Warri scenario in cities and communities across the SE if allowed to continue. Those who criticise Buhari because of the capture of Nnamdi Kanu, the mastermind of the violence consuming the SE, forget that Kanu is a British citizen and as we have seen had and, even now, has japa plans to flee alaigbo to the safety of Britain where his wife, children and girlfriends live.
If you want to enjoy peace, always ask for justice and equity. Treating the symptoms and letting the ailment fester will only give you peace of a graveyard.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2023
duro4chang:
Ichabod
Denreledave!!!

Been a while!
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by donbenie(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
Despite all the rubbish wey una dey spill for here warri n rest of Delta central still dey generate more revenue to FG wen Dem take dey feed una miserable poor states. We've fed you all and you have over fed to the extent you can now insult us that feeds you when your poor states that has no oil generates nothing. Shameless scums from poor states
Our Oyel..
Na that mentality brought you to where you are..

6 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Bananapill: 6:59pm On May 15, 2023
Saga16:

Na the powerbikes wey those oyinbos dey use dey enter my eyes those days.

Come see young guys wearing Schlumberger overall.
Come add Chief Idisi's lodestar join.

I'm telling you my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by delpee(f): 6:59pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

Na problem wey I get with you guys be this..

Tinubu was the Treasurer and CFA of ExxonMobil as at the time of building the Lekki permanent office of ExxonMobil towers.

Mobil rented a building before at Victoria Island before Tinubu as a treasurer got a financing plan for Thier new building in the late 80s

Mobil was in CMS Bookshop House on Odunlami St by Broad St on Lagos Island as at 1980.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by egopersonified(f): 7:00pm On May 15, 2023
The two companies I have worked with in Benin actually left warri for Benin, their loss, my gain. I heard communities used to have staff slots that are paid monthly but they never work in the company, they just collect salaries.

5 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2023
christejames:
Absolutely right, and that's what some so called indegines are doing to settlers in their domain, always telling them to go back to their place. The fortunate thing is that the settlers are heeding to their calls and most are currently moving their investments back home...

Warri finally carry last! 😢
Very true. I'm a witness to moving investments where they are safer.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Naustine(m): 7:03pm On May 15, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

That is exactly what happens when leaders have beans for brains

Infact beans is even better

Na cement dey their brain! angry

Apart from the leaders...every warri person needs reorientation...they do not understand what life is all about

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by mordred44: 7:06pm On May 15, 2023
Lessons learned

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Mantilla(m): 7:07pm On May 15, 2023
mu2sa2:
Food for thought. Even formidable empires, city states and kingdoms have collapsed in the past as a result of wars and insecurity. Look at Ukraine, a thriving, prosperous country being systematically reduced to rubble. Russia itself will eventually face catastrophic economic decline, no thanks to biting sanctions by the West. That's why ipob/esn/ugm must not be allowed to overrun the SE. The violence those criminals are perpetrating would eventually create the Warri scenario in cities and communities across the SE if allowed to continue. Those who criticise Buhari because of the capture of Nnamdi Kanu, the mastermind of the violence consuming the SE, forget that Kanu is a British citizen and as we have seen had and, even now, has japa plans to flee alaigbo to the safety of Britain where his wife, children and girlfriends live.

How can you open your mouth and say Nnamdi Kanu is the mater mind of violence in south east.

The government knew what they were doing when they arrested him, the government knew that this will ignite violence in the south east still they arrested him but up till this moment, they are still surprise that we don't have and IDP and co.

Look go and study how Boko Haram got out of hand. They killed there first leader!!!

Don't say what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by georgeakins: 7:10pm On May 15, 2023
Bbbwings:
Dem go copy twitter post come here

Yes!
It is sad these bloggers are lazy people who reap where they did not sow.
They cannot go outside and look for breaking news except to copy and paste from someone's else website.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by GodisFirst: 7:13pm On May 15, 2023
Lagos is next if the recent errors are not corrected.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by duro4chang(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Denreledave!!!
Been a while!
It appears you do not understand anything.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by karnivorous(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2023
Na the nomenclature "olu of warri" and warri kingdom began the downfall of warri and it's environs. Op next time define warri city and it environs.. most of the place mentioned are not actually warri city as you claim. The name warri has been gazatted by govt. as itsekiri territory, but places Yiu mentioned are Urhobo territories this kain thing na lead to warri crises by dragging anoda man's land to be your own

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Jack500: 7:15pm On May 15, 2023
Kingcalls:

Why don't you call EFCC and FBI?
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by georgeakins: 7:15pm On May 15, 2023
staga:

You single out an ethnic group for continuous xenophobic hate speech, prevention of voting, attacks on their businesses, etc.

The day the Igbos, the ethnic group with the largest pool of capital doing business in Lagos, decide that enough is enough, that will be the end of Lagos as a commercial hub.

It had happened somewhere in the north that I know of, where Igbos were asked to leave by the locals. The traditional ruler of that area, a wise man, called the Igbos and asked them to close their shops for a week so the town could get a feel of life without the commercial activities of the Igbos. It did not take 4 days and the locals realized that they had nowhere to buy goods or get services like electricals, plumbing and basic stuff done.

China controls 50% of global manufacturing. When COVID hit, the global supply chain was hit. Two years later, the world's supply chain has not recovered.

Ibo should leave if they won't stop constituting nuisance and interfering in local politics.

Their shops add no value to Lagos economy.
There are shops in their region, why is their economy not buoyant?

6 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Difrent: 7:16pm On May 15, 2023
ginggerxy:
The sit at home is a civil disobedience for the continual detention of NK after the Nigeria court has dismissed all the charges against him. Without bianess , would you say the civil disobedience is creating chaos or the refusal of buhari to obey the court order?

Civil disobedience that you have to be killing the same people you claim to want to liberate is pure madness. How can killing people who refused to sit at home be justified?

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Brimstone77: 7:16pm On May 15, 2023
mu2sa2:

South east is more secured than the entire north.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Abujaexpress: 7:16pm On May 15, 2023
The collapse of Warri is not peculiar to it alone, but to a lot of other cities. Just like Warri lost a lot, cities like Ibadan, Enugu, Calabar, Lokoja, Kafancha, Kontongora, even Kaduna have all lost some levels of their former buoyant classes and status

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Saga16: 7:18pm On May 15, 2023
Babysho:

Sometimes you people make me feel like Jesus Christ in Nigeria and what's crazy is I don't even know much, all I know is the basics.

Let me break it down for you. When Tinubu became a tool for foreign interest and invested in these CAPITALISTS COMPANIES with OUR commonwealth, we Lagosians were underpaid by them. Lagosians were basically slaving and we still do.

But this is how you reduce the pain of slaving and the effects of exploitative capitalism. The tax paid by these Capitalists Companies you people call “IGR” ought to go AGGRESSIVELY towards ensuring the BEST standard of living for Lagosians. Housing, healthcare, education, loan, so that Lagosians can live a life of dignity.

Instead, all of our IGR is being gulped by one family. Your Tinubu is worse than Ibori because he’s smarter. A smart slaver.

What is all the grammar you are writing?

Can yout grammar replace the jobs that thousands of the youths gained from entrance of Econet into our economy?

Do you even understand the spinoff associated with just their entrance?

People that used their employment to better their lot, travel abroad for postgraduate courses, build houses, marry, provide for their aged parents?

Let's not talk about the less privileged who were now able to make a living selling recharge cards and so on.

Abeg stop the useless grammar which cannot feed anyone and try to be pragmatic.
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Khastro(m): 7:19pm On May 15, 2023
tomitrace:
War destroys cities:
... & Forcados were at their peak.

The city thrived.

Itsekiri, Urhobo & Ijaw leaders & youths started fighting each other. The bloody fight started around 1999 and lasted for years till 2003/2004.

Have you asked why big eeconomies like US, China,etc will never allow war in their countries?

We must learn and avoid things that will trigger war in our country no matter how strong we believe we are.

Hm, insightful. Is this probably what Erigga sings about in his songs.
His songs convey the reality of the street in warri.
Well, if not for anything, i thank Warri for gifting us Erigga the paperboi.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Komu1048(m): 7:20pm On May 15, 2023
Kingcalls:

Lagos is towing that part gradually

Lagos that is about to experience exponential growth, once Asiwaju is sworn in
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Selfmotivated: 7:22pm On May 15, 2023
Why didn't the government find ways to suppress deve of a thing from chasing companies from warri rather they buy the idea... Bird of the same feather fly together. SPITS...!
Re: Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. by Ten06(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2023
Well captured. I was among the people that left warri after the war when there are no business anymore

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / A Lagos Bike Rider Uses Dustbin As Dispatch Box To Evade Arrest / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.