Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land (1133 Views)

One Acre Of Cassava For Sale In Ibadan / Own One Acre Of Plantain Farm With Just 350k / Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2023
Have been on nl for many years now but I have just started reading thread on agriculture section. And I have been convince to go into agric. But that will be next year. Due to my work and fund, I can't do anything this year.
But I have a acre of land but there is nothing on it. So what can I plant on it. Something I can do with my leisure time. But there are few things.
First, the land is a little bit far from where I live. And second, there are people that can go into the farm and steal from it. So what I will plant must be something that people don't show too much interest on. Pls I need advice

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Abitolola: 9:44am On May 15, 2023
First of.. where is the acre located. That will determine the profitability of the produce based on factors like transportation and other contingencies
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2023
Abitolola:
First of.. where is the acre located. That will determine the profitability of the produce based on factors like transportation and other contingencies
is at badagry.
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Abitolola: 9:50am On May 15, 2023
delkuf:
is at badagry.

Is the land around those sandy area or loamy dark soil?

If it's around loamy soil, I'll advise you to do vegetable farm, ugu and stuffs, and snail to it. Thank me later
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by donbachi(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2023
Make a plantation out of it
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2023
Abitolola:

Is the land around those sandy area or loamy dark soil?

If it's around loamy soil, I'll advise you to do vegetable farm, ugu and stuffs, and snail to it. Thank me later
is on loamy soil. I have read about snail. There will snail in the surrounding, but how do I go about it
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by YouandiAllofus: 10:01am On May 15, 2023
You can have a poultry farm of over 6,000 birds for a start, put plantain all over the farm in a well organized manner, they can also serve as protection from direct wind and sunlight for the birds. You will still have a big enough space for a nice and beautiful building project. In all, security is also important to protect your investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2023
donbachi:
Make a plantation out of it
what type of plantation
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by donbachi(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2023
delkuf:
what type of plantation
normal plantain wey you dey fry
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 10:21am On May 15, 2023
donbachi:
normal plantain wey you dey fry
they will steal it. I don't live close to the farm

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by donbachi(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2023
delkuf:
they will steal it. I don't live close to the farm
ok
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Waffarianman(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2023
Then plant cassava inside harvest and sell
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Sampacvelli(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2023
Plant coconut, oilpalm or cashew
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Abitolola: 9:14am On May 16, 2023
delkuf:
is on loamy soil. I have read about snail. There will snail in the surrounding, but how do I go about it

Dm me please, I'll send you details on how to start. At least enough info for you to understand the realities of the business.
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 6:29pm On May 16, 2023
Sampacvelli:
Plant coconut, oilpalm or cashew
how many years will coconut and oilpalm will start producing
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by delkuf(m): 6:30pm On May 16, 2023
Waffarianman:
Then plant cassava inside harvest and sell
ok
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Foodqueen(f): 10:06pm On May 16, 2023
Look for money to fence it first before they will finish your produce and still kill someone join.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Sampacvelli(m): 2:24pm On May 18, 2023
4 years if you get the tenera oilpalm or Malaysia dwarf coconut, can help you with the seedlings when you are ready.
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Cassie74: 7:51am On Oct 01, 2023
Sampacvelli:
4 years if you get the tenera oilpalm or Malaysia dwarf coconut, can help you with the seedlings when you are ready.

I just need a few coconut seedling..do you have
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Wujio: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2023
delkuf:
Have been on nl for many years now but I have just started reading thread on agriculture section. And I have been convince to go into agric. But that will be next year. Due to my work and fund, I can't do anything this year.
But I have a acre of land but there is nothing on it. So what can I plant on it. Something I can do with my leisure time. But there are few things.
First, the land is a little bit far from where I live. And second, there are people that can go into the farm and steal from it. So what I will plant must be something that people don't show too much interest on. Pls I need advice

Cassava is best as a starter
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Sampacvelli(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Yes I have.
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Sampacvelli(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Cassie74:

I just need a few coconut seedling..do you have

Yes
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Cassie74: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2023
Sampacvelli:

Yes

How do u sell..just 5pc
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Sampacvelli(m): 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
Cassie74:

How do u sell..just 5pc

Depending on the variety, Malaysia dwarf is #4500.. below is my contact details

Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Cassie74: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2023
Sampacvelli:

Depending on the variety, Malaysia dwarf is #4500.. below is my contact details

This is high oo
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Sampacvelli(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
Cassie74:

This is high oo

There are cheaper variety of 3k and 2500
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by Cassie74: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
Sampacvelli:

There are cheaper variety of 3k and 2500

You mean nifor hybrid
Re: What Can I Do On A One Acre Of Land by noobody(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
Cassie74:

You mean nifor hybrid

Come to WhatsApp as regards your Shein order

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Point Of Lay Snail Needed Urgently / Sealed Garri Ijebu For Sale At Affordale Prices!!! / Palm Kernel Oil Plant For Sale--a Great Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.