Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN (13051 Views)

Best Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria / Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April / Advertising: Multinationals, Banks, Get Knocks For Undermining Local Contents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Moony45: 6:45pm On May 15, 2023
Only politicians can open account without BVN. DEY PLAY!
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by OLULAW: 6:45pm On May 15, 2023
God1000:
So we still have Bank accounts without BVN in Nigeria

There are Nigerians living abroad who can’t return home simply because of BV NONSENSE. This country is in deed a zoo led by chimpanzees.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 15, 2023
BeardGangJnr1:
My Opay no get bvn oh
Opay na mobile wallet not a bank.

1 Like

Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Dannydrums889: 6:52pm On May 15, 2023
Is it safe to link bvn to digital banking app e.g opay,palmpay,kuda etc?
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Dannydrums889: 6:53pm On May 15, 2023
Revolution2022:
Opay na mobile wallet not a bank.
Are you saying this doesn't affect opay user acc without linked bvn
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by sevenseas(m): 6:59pm On May 15, 2023
very useless CBN: What is the point? corruption, kidnapping everywhere.

fix the country and corruption, kidnapping will naturally died off.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by mordred44: 7:02pm On May 15, 2023
Wot are dey waiting for
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by jrobbins: 7:03pm On May 15, 2023
Maybe online banks as commercial bank accounts will not be active if not Linked to owners BVN.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by backtovillage: 7:08pm On May 15, 2023
I no trust this emiefeile
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by jamess32: 7:09pm On May 15, 2023
Revolution2022:
So some bank customers don't have a BVN?
I don't also believe that all mobile phone users have NIN.
sure, there is always loopholes in codes, especially the ones developed in Nigeria. as per who I be, I have not linked one of my sim with NIN and the sim is still working and active till date

1 Like

Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 15, 2023
Dannydrums889:

Are you saying this doesn't affect opay user acc without linked bvn
Opay will notify users if such information affect them.As far as I know opay is a mobile wallet.You can register your BVN if you wish.There is a provision for it

1 Like

Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by seunayantokun(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2023
citygarden:
Good but that NIN is a big scam. How many terrorist have the government arrest through NIN? instead they agent are just caching out. I done NIN more than three times. They will tell me that they mistakenly delete it from their servers . The bvn is still the best

NIN is in the hand of terrorists in government.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Allisgud: 7:17pm On May 15, 2023
They should gerout abeg,na for poorman savings account Dem dey get power
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by OLULAW: 7:22pm On May 15, 2023
Senseless policy made by bunch of idiots who should be tied up and thrown alive into the Atlantic and fed to ocean beasts. What about Nigerians abroad who are unable to return home to process this BVNonsense?
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by GABRIEL6036: 7:23pm On May 15, 2023
Another gbas-gbos from the bald head 😀😀
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by AdeProgrammer(m): 7:31pm On May 15, 2023
BeardGangJnr1:
My Opay no get bvn oh

Upgrade it.
Mine has BVN.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Waywardson6: 7:43pm On May 15, 2023
Is it possible to have a bank account without BVN? Just asking.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by malaria(f): 7:47pm On May 15, 2023
This one na for the poor masses. There is no law for the rich in this country.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Oizee(f): 7:57pm On May 15, 2023
Waywardson6:
Is it possible to have a bank account without BVN? Just asking.
yes o, the account I opened for one of my child 8 yrs ago doesn't have, I thought since it was a kid account it wasn't necessary, I will surely go to first bank tomorrow bcuz I no want wahala
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by highness25(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2023
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/banks-get-30-day-deadline-to-close-accounts-without-bvn/
This Emiefele, should wait make Tinubu enter seat first. Make in no run oo
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by gassbee: 8:37pm On May 15, 2023
Some people kuku get coconut head
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by ipobarecriminals: 8:52pm On May 15, 2023
sad
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by crusufixo(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2023
Ehen, they don com again...they have started again..... next thing now, people would start running up an Dan....
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by NinjaMetahuman: 9:31pm On May 15, 2023
Readonee35L:
doesn’t make sense tho .
Some Nigerians are in prisons or abroad for years and are not able to do anything on their Nigerian account, sometime in the future they might come back and do the necessary update on their account and bvn to access the money left in their account.
Any account without bvn has debit restrictions which means the owners can’t withdraw from them. Until they do their bvn. So I don’t see the reason to close the account when the owner might still come for their hard earned money in the future.
this is why emewerey is the worst cbn governor ever.

I wonder why they still allow him to make policy close to the end of his awful tenure.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Godgeteye: 10:19pm On May 15, 2023
The way am seeing some Nigerian banks they can make it in next ten years
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Godgeteye: 10:25pm On May 15, 2023
Please any new notes
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Lilgabby(m): 12:40am On May 16, 2023
Opay users nko bai
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:03am On May 16, 2023
Any bank still operating account without bvn is a huge fraud. angry
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by tofolo(m): 5:44am On May 16, 2023
God1000:
yes, abandoned accounts, and those that died before BVN came up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Igboslayer: 6:30am On May 16, 2023
Readonee35L:
doesn’t make sense tho .
Some Nigerians are in prisons or abroad for years and are not able to do anything on their Nigerian account, sometime in the future they might come back and do the necessary update on their account and bvn to access the money left in their account.
Any account without bvn has debit restrictions which means the owners can’t withdraw from them. Until they do their bvn. So I don’t see the reason to close the account when the owner might still come for their hard earned money in the future.
CBN have been after depositor money since the day they asked to claim unclaimed dividends and shares. Our CBN is the head of financial rascality in Nigeria.
Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Slurity(m): 6:52am On May 16, 2023
God1000:
YES, but not active. The money in those account are what the government is questioning and want to have a share with the bank's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN by Slurity(m): 6:53am On May 16, 2023
OLULAW:

There are Nigerians living abroad who can’t return home simply because of BV NONSENSE. This country is in deed a zoo led by chimpanzees.
Your reasoning is childish. Grow up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion / Mcash: NIBSS, Banks, Telcos Unveil Mobile Payment Solution / Bank of industry Increases On-lending Fund For SMEs Under YES Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.