Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti (20106 Views)

Young Man In Suit Finally Caught After Stealing Phones Many Times (Pix/Video) / Siblings, Friend To Die By Hanging In Ondo For Stealing Phones, Motorcycles / Evangelist Akinjide Durojaiye Beaten For Stealing Phones While Preaching, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Angel55555(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

I understand your perspective. However, based on our existing laws, the judgement was well delivered. According to our laws, there is a clear difference between robbery and armed robbery. If I took you phone at gun-point or knife-point , I would be given a death penalty. If I snuck into your room to steal your phone, I might be given few months in prison.
Exactly.

A politician that steals billions would be given a more favourable sentence than a Kingsley that took your 5,000 using knife.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by SmartyPants(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2023
Typicool8:
Which kind useless judgement be this..I am not supporting crime but what happened to sentencing them to jail for a number of years.
The useless politicians stealing billions are busy roaming free and are being celebrated while ordinary criminals ate being sentenced to death.. smh for Nigeria

Would you like the sanctity of your home broken into while you should be enjoying rest from the day's labour, and then have yourself, your precious wife and kids beaten with cutlasses to extract the last of your meagre resources?

Violent armed robbery for me is second only to murder. It is one of the worst offences you can commit.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Emola12(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2023
What of our leaders wey they thief public moneythat is the reason why I say dis con3 no go better aswear
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by GABRIEL6036: 3:41pm On May 16, 2023
Hope that judge is not on high drugs, cos this judgement is too harsh Nah embarassed
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Angrygoat: 3:47pm On May 16, 2023
Im not,they should be jailed ,well death is better.
Angel55555:

They were armed during the robbery, death is the penalty for such offence, stop being emotional over nothing.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 16, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

I understand your perspective. However, based on our existing laws, the judgement was well delivered. According to our laws, there is a clear difference between robbery and armed robbery. If I took you phone at gun-point or knife-point , I would be given a death penalty. If I snuck into your room to steal your phone, I might be given few months in prison.

A politician that steals billions would be given a more favourable sentence than a Kingsley that took your 5,000 using knife.

Alright...
Seriously i was surprised at that judgment until i saw this write-up which made me understand the death penalty perfectly ๐Ÿ˜”

So sad for them though ...
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by OmoGomesIlorin: 3:54pm On May 16, 2023
Angrygoat:
That's too harsh,why not slam them 3 years. This na burglars na. No life was lost,so why sentence them to death. Judiciary system na joke.

Actually, the judgement is to deter them, when they finally appeal. No governor will sign their death warrant.
For now their will be gone for a long while
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Kinehap: 4:11pm On May 16, 2023
These judges need to die also. How many politicians has been sentence to death in Nigeria after stealing trillion of naira.

Ordinary charger, power bank. You killed other peoples children.

Can't they give them some jail terms.

You dey up today, tommorow nah another person turn. Be careful of what you do to other people.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by WorldRichest: 4:21pm On May 16, 2023
Typicool8:
Which kind useless judgement be this..I am not supporting crime but what happened to sentencing them to jail for a number of years.
The useless politicians stealing billions are busy roaming free and are being celebrated while ordinary criminals ate being sentenced to death.. smh for Nigeria

Politicians do not steal our money by brandishing weapons and threatening to kill us
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by WorldRichest: 4:23pm On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Chidiebere Ifeanyi stealing sandals and phone chargers in Ekiti state so he can survive.

But his brother is somewhere boasting Chidiebere Ifeanyi is a billionaire living in his own mansion in Banana Island of Lagos State.

Na wa o.

He will be sacrificed to Ogun the god of iron in Ekiti state. He will go and meet his brothers who were beheaded in Saudi Arabia for drug trafficking
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by superCleanworks(m): 4:49pm On May 16, 2023
Angrygoat:
That's too harsh,why not slam them 3 years. This na burglars na. No life was lost,so why sentence them to death. Judiciary system na joke.

a phone is almost at the same level as the DNA of a person. contacts, pictures, apps, passwords, voice notes, business plans, emails, scanned documents & receipts, building plans, travel plans, whatsapp groups, calendar markings for schedules and appointments. it is your availability to the rest of the world and someone just comes to take it away to DELETE EVERYTHING and sell it so mindlessly. That is so wicked.
That person deserves to be stabbed till he/she dies and the body be fed to hungry dogs.

I support the judge.
Every phone thief and kidnapper deserves to die by acid bath.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Ogunleti01: 5:16pm On May 16, 2023
Agbe maalu ti n dajo agbe adire!
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Perfectbeing(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Rich man wen steal money, omo we no dey see their face for crime fighter. ..

Moral lesson.

Since you're not a rich man, don't commit a crime a rich man can get away with..
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Perfectbeing(m): 5:17pm On May 16, 2023
Angrygoat:
If one of the victims decide to have strong head like me, he'd have been killed.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Maxitomxane(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2023
benjackugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1445145/3-sentenced-death-stealing-phones-chargers-sandals-power-banks-ekiti/

You see this Ekiti of a state ehn, a primitive state indeed with slow development...At least, under this their new government, Development has increased rapidly.
You have to be very composed and mind your business.
If not, wahala is just by the corner for whoever finds wahala.
Ekiti people don't take any type of Stealing with levity.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by FSU: 5:59pm On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
You mean Chidiebere Ifeanyi was stealing sandals and battery chargers in Ekiti to put food on his table? Shouldn't he be a billionaire owning the entire Banana Island in Lagos?

Chidiebere is an APC supporter.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by GboyegaD(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2023
Guestlander:

Is that what I said? Why were you trying to playdown the gravity of the offense by saying they stole a phone?
No, it was armed robbery. But like I said earlier, whether or not the death sentence is appropriate is another matter.
Not a few Nigerians have died in the hands of armed robbers. So, it's a serious crime.

In the case of armed robbery, the thief steals something from the person robbed. So you trying to emphasize on armed robbery as against the judgment is what I don't understand.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Archie30: 6:06pm On May 16, 2023
Dexy4yah:
Only in Nigeria

Omo...and to think it's Ekiti, learned people! I look forward to having our thieving public officials on death row then

1 Like

Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by johnaruson(m): 6:10pm On May 16, 2023
But I heard that AGN stole 30 billion naira? Waiting for the sentence...
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by maasoap(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2023
Typicool8:
Angrygoat:

It had to be ARMED robbery, don't let the title deceive you
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Guestlander: 6:35pm On May 16, 2023
GboyegaD:

In the case of armed robbery, the thief steals something from the person robbed. So you trying to emphasize on armed robbery as against the judgment is what I don't understand.

Armed robbery is armed robbery and it is always a violent crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by BOYS2MEN: 6:36pm On May 16, 2023
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by nams77: 6:38pm On May 16, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

Sounds clearer now. But I guess they can appeal
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by GboyegaD(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2023
Guestlander:

Armed robbery is armed robbery and it is always a violent crime.

Punishable by murder?
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by SKYHIGHfx: 6:43pm On May 16, 2023
LZAA:

Nobody is supporting that f.ool
But going by your low IQ you simply ignored his accomplices
It must be a BAT thing๐Ÿ˜„

You empower him by mentioning him, silence remains the best answer for a phool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Guestlander: 6:50pm On May 16, 2023
GboyegaD:

Punishable by murder?

Absolutely, many Nigerians have died in the hands of armed robbers. How do you know which of them would actually kill you in the course of being attacked.
Armed robbers are known killers.
As far as I am concerned only first offenders should get a jail term. If you are caught a second time then get ready to be hanged.
People get sentenced to death for drug peddling in some other countries, it all depends on how tolerant you want to be on crimes and criminals.
Killing a criminal after due process of the law is not murder, don't be ridiculous. Laws are made for a reason.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by moin123: 6:53pm On May 16, 2023
Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. 1920s mens fashion
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Oneday82: 7:23pm On May 16, 2023
benjackugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1445145/3-sentenced-death-stealing-phones-chargers-sandals-power-banks-ekiti/

Nigeria their Country.... O Yess their Country

Because it is only there things like this happen.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Haveyoueatentod: 7:50pm On May 16, 2023
Murder no even carry death sentence in some states in America let alone burglary I'm not in support of the robbers but the judgment is too harsh atleast 50 years imprisonment will be fair
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by uncleteeh(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2023
Angrygoat:
No.
It's called armed robbery.
Nigeria's constitution doesn't tolerate the use of arms of whatever type in robbery.
Note: a person who used cutlass can use gun.if available.
Re: 3 Sentenced To Death For Stealing Phones Chargers, Sandals, Power Banks In Ekiti by Killermamba: 10:53pm On May 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Rich man wen steal money, omo we no dey see their face for crime fighter. ..
yet TINUBU still walk freely after robbing an entire nation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Man And His Gang Steal Wheel Barrow Of Clothes, Then This Happens. Photos / Security Operatives Foil Attempted Arson At Onitsha Shoprite Mall / Suspected Boko Haram Terrorist Aliko Nabbed By Soldiers In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.