Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? (35618 Views)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Ten06(m): 6:04am On May 17, 2023
That family has enter one chance.

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Lexusgs430: 6:06am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

He is on a downward spiral and would pull you down with him......

Regardless of what your people say, an initial separation is your only option...... Whilst separated, he must seek therapy/rehab.........

Not until all clear is received, you don't return to the marriage..... If he fails to clean himself up, DIVORCE is your only way forward........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Geovanni412(m): 6:08am On May 17, 2023
Skyfornia:
If you have done enough and he doesn't want to change..join him. They said if you can't beat them, then join them.

Locate his popular betting spot and meet him there, as he is staking games, stake your own too. Two of you will join hand and go home empty after loosing..he won't expect you to prepare food at home since both of you went to work gamble at the betting shop..

You will sleep with empty stomachs, but make sure your baby dey chop.

Na the man go use him hand begin advice you say make una stop.

No be only him sabi madd

Lord of vawulence grin
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Tzar(m): 6:08am On May 17, 2023
You need to start working your way out of that toxic marriage if your efforts isn’t working.
But in the meantime:
1. Pray and fast asking God to change him among other things.
2. You can’t let him know the full amount you have.
3. Focus on your career & kids. Try to get a better paying job.
4. Be feminine with your plea to him to stop gambling. Don’t be aggressive so that he doesn’t resist you. Focus the aggression in your prayers to God.
Good luck my dear. You seem to be going through a lot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On May 17, 2023
Tzar:
You need to start working your way out of that toxic marriage if your efforts isn’t working.
But in the meantime:
1. Pray and fast asking God to change him among other things.
2. You can’t let him know the full amount you have.
3. Focus on your career & kids. Try to get a better paying job.
4. Be feminine with your plea to him to stop gambling. Don’t be aggressive so that he doesn’t resist you. Focus the aggression in your prayers to God.
Good luck my dear. You seem to be going through a lot.
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is the lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by mikendie(m): 6:16am On May 17, 2023
Who made you the judge in her case?
Kobojunkie:
Praying to whom exactly? Are you kidding? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

Magic has a better chance of happening to her than God hearing her prayer. She needs to get off her arse and move for the sake of her own life and future. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by victorazy(m): 6:17am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?

Is obvious you don't pray.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 6:20am On May 17, 2023
mikendie:
Who made you the judge in her case?
What part of what I posted amounts to judgment against OP? Did God not state that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? Or do you prefer I cast God as Liar like you lot as used to doing without even breaking a sweat? undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 6:20am On May 17, 2023
victorazy:
Is obvious you don't pray.
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is the lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. If you ask them, they won't hesitate to cast God as a liar by claiming He answers all of their prayers when in truth, they can't even tell which direction God breaths. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:20am On May 17, 2023
duality:
Almost everyone says gambling is bad. Yet the bet shops are full of people

grin grin grin.

The question is na who dey full those bet house? The same way Churches, mosques, traditionalist preach against alcohols but the breweries are making massive profits.

It only points to one fact. We all are hypocrites.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by YoungDaddyB: 6:21am On May 17, 2023
Find the betting sites he uses, attach phone number and his email and contact them and let them know you're his wife and he has an addiction. Ask them to assist you suspend his account

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 6:29am On May 17, 2023
Zedoo:
Lmao. When he was providing for you with bet money where was ya brain.
Keep fighting.
Why are you reading with your brain upside down? Where did you this your opinion from in my all my write up?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Ireportlive: 6:32am On May 17, 2023
Adict don't need prayer, they need therapy by a trained psychologist

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 6:34am On May 17, 2023
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Leave that useless man now or everyone including your family will lower you 6ft below, since you have tried your best and no one seems to understand your plight, you too just make sure nobody understand your move again. Human are designed not to understand
Exactly. You're very right. He's the one commiting the crime, I am the one everyone is advicing to remain there.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by otunbateejay(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2023
Are u married But if u are not married don't day that coz man can hide all that for you and get into it before showing u
labake1:
God knows I hate men who gamble, smoke and drinks
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 6:39am On May 17, 2023
jackpot:
madam insulter, clap for yourself. Wives that insult their husbands are the most foolish beings.
Yes it's easy to say that. Wait until your husband gambles away with your hard earned money, all his own money. and left you and your little baby hungry before you conclude.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by UselessBuharist: 6:40am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why come on here to ask us what we think if at the end of the day, you don't get to decide what to do next with your own life — you leave it to others to decide for you? Since that is what you wish to do, then wholeheartedly embrace the shit that you are in jor! undecided

2. Since even as a grown-up you own others an explanation as far as how you do your own life, what can you do? Keep crying and waiting for something magical to happen. undecided

3. Commonsense in that would be to go find a job or any way to begin bringing in the income you need. undecided

You and those liking this your nonsense are on same WhatsApp group (mad). if you have nothing reasonable to say, read, hiss and move to the next post. Don’t always come here and display your lack of home training.

Kids commenting on marital issues

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ICEWIN: 7:06am On May 17, 2023
DIVORCE DEY YOUR MIND FROM THE ONSET,DO AM MAKE U GET PEACE,THATS WHAT YOU WANT.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by avaalbertreo: 7:12am On May 17, 2023
what are you waiting simple go to the police station and submit application against him.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kubin: 7:14am On May 17, 2023
hotsuavity:

No mind the ozuor, Athletico Madrid lost to Elche,the lowest team in the league. betting na killer, e dey finish person. Them no dey wonder why all the betting company dey do advert ,dey beg, dey give promo code, because dem know say once you dey addicted, dem go sucked you dry
na person wey never swim the river them go decieve,I have been a victim, betting na real scam.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by labake1(f): 7:18am On May 17, 2023
otunbateejay:
Are u married But if u are not married don't day that coz man can hide all that for you and get into it before showing u

Even after marriage, if I discovered that he was hiding all that habits and I advised him to stop and he didn't, I will walk away from the marriage
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by labake1(f): 7:19am On May 17, 2023
Madups:
Hahaha! You really on a long thing cos if 10 men should approach you most likely 9w will either have drinking, smoking or betting (gambling as habit).

That's why I am still waiting on that ONE
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by MuslimIgbo: 7:20am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:

He's probably doing it because of you.
He wants to push you out coz he's tired and loves you no more.
The moment you leave, he'll stop and his life will turn around for good.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by hustla(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2023
Oloki:

Take this advice madam. It might work for you.
Everything is not about quarreling and raising voices. Even though he is a broken guy presently, but the pride that's inbuilt in a man is in him. He might feel insulted by your attitudes

Una dey ment Sha
Person dey addicted to betting, you're talking about pride

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by hustla(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2023
Madups:
Hahaha! You really on a long thing cos if 10 men should approach you most likely 9w will either have drinking, smoking or betting (gambling as habit).

Lies
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Recardo(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why come on here to ask us what we think if at the end of the day, you don't get to decide what to do next with your own life — you leave it to others to decide for you? Since that is what you wish to do, then wholeheartedly embrace the shit that you are in jor! undecided

2. Since even as a grown-up you own others an explanation as far as how you do your own life, what can you do? Keep crying and waiting for something magical to happen. undecided

3. Commonsense in that would be to go find a job or any way to begin bringing in the income you need. undecided

Why are people this cruel? This is why it's nonsensical bringing your family problems here as you will be met with angry people like this one.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Recardo(m): 7:34am On May 17, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
Tell him to play Ac Milan vs Inter over 2.5
And thank me later..

this man. be like village people don dey sight you grin
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by bluefilm: 7:40am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:

The day he wins, your story will change.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 7:44am On May 17, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

He's probably doing it because of you.
He wants to push you out coz he's tired and loves you know more.
The moment you leave, he'll stop and his life will turn around for good.
Why are you so pain? Does his lifestyle look like yours? That you have someone talking you to stop gambling away your life shows God still love you. When everyone give up on you and walk away, that's when you will realize you've made the wrong decision.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 7:47am On May 17, 2023
bluefilm:

The day he wins, your story will change.
I'm not interested. So many people with this fantasy are in the grave already, they kept their hope on winning until they die of Depression and poverty.

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by gentlesmithugo(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2023
Exmilitant:
From your poor grammar I understand you are barely educated. Now run off to play.
And hey, Don't you ever mentioned me again okay.
mugu,keep misbehaving.all this little children on this forum.well,I don't blame you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House? / 3-year-old Boy Shows Swag In Adorable Birthday Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.