Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? (35620 Views)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On May 16, 2023
njelrapheal:
■ dont reaf ur bible. In him all things are made whole. Bro
You people and your many soundbite doctrines. Nonsense! So what part of the passage below tells you your prayer is made holy by Jesus Christ? undecided
15 No one can see God, but the Son is exactly like God. He rules over everything that has been made.[c]
16 Through his power all things were made: things in heaven and on earth, seen and not seen— all spiritual rulers, lords, powers, and authorities. Everything was made through him and for him.
17 The Son was there before anything was made. And all things continue because of him.
18 He is the head of the body, which is the church. He is the beginning of everything else. And he is the first among all who will be raised from death. So in everything, he is most important. - Colossians 1 vs 15 - 18

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by labake1(f): 10:16pm On May 16, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

Shut up jor. But you can collect money from men that bet, abi?

Pack one side jor
Why will I collect a gambler's money when I don't like gamblers. I am not like you
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Honsla: 10:16pm On May 16, 2023
odenkirk:
the day he won 1billion from alabi you wouldnt be here complaining
a poor guy is truggling to put food on your table nd u are here complaining. he is a true hustler
Struggling by wasting his hard earned on gambling?

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by dnawah(m): 10:17pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

one thing must kill a man, womanizing, drinking, smoking, sniffing or gambling.all u need is to pray without ceasing.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by labake1(f): 10:17pm On May 16, 2023
Madups:
Nor vex.. Are you married?

No
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by njelrapheal: 10:18pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You people and your many soundbite doctrines. Nonsense! So what part of the passage below tells you your prayer is made holy by Jesus Christ? undecided

Dont use vulgar words on me please. I never daid my prayers. Go read ur bible properly. In Jesus. All things are made whole.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Officialetila(m): 10:19pm On May 16, 2023
gentlesmithugo:
continue with ur lies and deceiving the gullible ones.we no ur type
keep capping broke boy if not for cut 1 yesterday you know how many people for win millions,i and my 6 friends would’ve won 200m each yesterday ( better go to Twitter and follow mistafelix dude game will change your life
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Honsla: 10:19pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All these people asking you to pray — destiny4luv, Oloki, nappy760, Westernequinox, KazikageSama, ElijahIme1992, Blackazuma99, Zion243, MASTAkiLLAh, cyprianken, Starz825, Praktikals1000, TheOnlyUyai, isax, Herberthansome, ogascomax — do you know what they have in common? They detest your kind, any woman would even consider life outside of bondage in marriage as a better option. They despise the fact that you would dare to consider abandoning marriage to one of their own. But guess what? Absolutely none of them would think to pray, even for a second, if they were to find themselves shackled to anything close to what you are dealing with. You better wake the fk up from your brain damage, get out there, and do whatever you need to, to jumpstart your life and situation. undecided

God will not answer you; I can assure you of that because God is not a liar. He established the fact that He does not answer the unrighteous- Isaiah 1 and Isaiah 59. You can sit and try to go against Him while you watch your youth and vigor vanish from you in what seems a dead-end situation, or you can get off your butt, go out there and make yourself an employed woman, for the sake of you and your child. undecided

Lol I actually detest most of your comments on nairaland,
But you are 100% correct 💯 on this.
The op should divorce her husband asap

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Dexy4yah(m): 10:19pm On May 16, 2023
Dshocker:

Madam, i see your husband winning N45m with N100 bet in Sportybet.

Madam joy is coming.

Lol crazy people we have in nairaland grin
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by 234GT(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?

Honestly, almost all men who watch football gamble. It is not enough reason to divorce, believe me. Google extensively on how to help a gambling addict, and help your husband out of gambling with love.

I gamble, but I know when to withdraw my winnings and run away. After a cooling off period, I fund my account again. It is a hobby for me, not an addiction.

Please don't expect him to quit 100%. It won't happen. Rather, work with him to reduce gambling gradually by letting him see needs he could have met with his stakes.

Finally, always respect him in your corrective interactions.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Officialetila(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

Same here. We gather dey.

MrFelix game, abi?
yes man,Omoh that die minutes goal pain me
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by cococandy(f): 10:21pm On May 16, 2023
Until the people he’s owing come to kidnap you and your baby to get their money back.

The way some of you let yourselves get talked into dangerous situations I don’t get it. Someone up there said keep praying for him 😑

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On May 16, 2023
cococandy:
Until the people he’s owing come to kidnap you and your baby to get their money back. The way some of you let yourselves get talked into dangerous situations I don’t get it. Someone up there said keep praying for him 😑
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Pat081: 10:25pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
I don't know where to start.
Since he gambles away with my business capital, since I put it to birth, I have not been able to raise a reasonable amount of money to stand well.
My question is this don't you know about it b4 you marry him Or they think that if he marry you he will stop it God will help you
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by rollywise(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why come on here to ask us what we think if at the end of the day, you don't get to decide what to do next with your own life — you leave it to others to decide for you? Since that is what you wish to do, then wholeheartedly embrace the shit that you are in jor! undecided

2. Since even as a grown-up you own others an explanation as far as how you do your own life, what can you do? Keep crying and waiting for something magical to happen. undecided

3. Commonsense in that would be to go find a job or any way to begin bringing in the income you need. undecided

I'm still trying to find the sense in all you said relating to this issue
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On May 16, 2023
njelrapheal:
■ Dont use vulgar words on me please. I never daid my prayers. Go read ur bible properly. In Jesus. All things are made whole.
Jesus Christ said only those who do what He asks become holy, and eventually righteous, and even His friends, while those who refuse to do as He commands are His enemies. So, go figure! Keep subscribing to meaningless soundbites while you continue playing religion thinking you can reduce God down to your level by way of such foolishness. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:26pm On May 16, 2023
Either u flee or it worsens 4 u .
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 16, 2023
LaRosa01:
I haven't heard from the guy in question but it is already clear to me that you are the problem.
1} when a woman begins to mention divorce ,she has made up her mind she is simply looking for encouragement to do the evil did.
2}the man is depressed and from the way you speak,you must be the chief cause.
3]you can go ahead with the divorce but know he may come out better,because without your stress ,he can focus,women are either a blessings(a mans peace) or a mans down fall.

If you don't want to hear the word divorce, then you behave well for both genders. And to correct your ideology, I am not the problem. Unless if you're not a just person. Can you rephrase this to your sister or your daughter in marriage?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 16, 2023
temiflex01:

Your reply here shows how you talk to him, you have attitude problem. Take it or leave it, that's the truth. All men has self pride no matter how little. Talk to him humbly and pray, aside that, get yourself doing something little to be independent. If you can do this and swallow that your rudeness, you'll thank me later.
To be honest, I talked to him wrongly yesterday. Because I was spup.idly in love. Allowing him to gamble away with my money. I believed in him. Not knowing I was dealing with an addict. His attitude is making a bad person out of me. But I will never raise my voice at him again.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kenny9857(m): 10:32pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why come on here to ask us what we think if at the end of the day, you don't get to decide what to do next with your own life — you leave it to others to decide for you? Since that is what you wish to do, then wholeheartedly embrace the shit that you are in jor! undecided

2. Since even as a grown-up you own others an explanation as far as how you do your own life, what can you do? Keep crying and waiting for something magical to happen. undecided

3. Commonsense in that would be to go find a job or any way to begin bringing in the income you need. undecided

You think you are wise in your own eyes man!!

This is just the height of foolish thinking....
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Shantyken(m): 10:32pm On May 16, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
Tell him to play Ac Milan vs Inter over 2.5
And thank me later..
Lolllllll and ur prediction no enter
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by staga: 10:32pm On May 16, 2023
Your husband is far gone. You have to do something very drastic.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by staga: 10:35pm On May 16, 2023
234GT:

Honestly, almost all men who watch football gamble. It is not enough reason to divorce, believe me. Google extensively on how to help a gambling addict, and help your husband out of gambling with love.

I gamble, but I know when to withdraw my winnings and run away. After a cooling off period, I fund my account again. It is a hobby for me, not an addiction.

Please don't expect him to quit 100%. It won't happen. Rather, work with him to reduce gambling gradually by letting him see needs he could have met with his stakes.

Finally, always respect him in your corrective interactions.

I watch football, and I don't gamble. Gambling is like drug addiction, and I lost a very close drug-addicted cousin to suicide. His death tore his family apart.

Trust me, you do not want to be married to a compulsive gambler, alcoholic or drug user. The day I witnessed a guy and his sister (easily my age mates) coming to a garden to whisk away their drunk and misbehaving father was the day I thanked God for mine who was responsible 1000000%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:37pm On May 16, 2023
dnawah:
one thing must kill a man, womanizing, drinking, smoking, sniffing or gambling.all u need is to pray without ceasing.
sapa worst ,sapa seals it.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 16, 2023
Treadway:
Madam the first thing you need to do is stop babying him in any way. Try to ensure food is available for you and your kid ONLY. That guy needs to face his demons, you can't do it for him. He shouldn't expect food when he contributes nothing to getting the food, not even an effort. For every 100 naira in his pocket, he should choose between the basic necessity of using it for food or for his urge to gamble.

Rubbish!
Exactly. I will develop that mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
To be honest, I talked to him wrongly yesterday. Because I was spup.idly in love. Allowing him to gamble away with my money. I believed in him. Not knowing I was dealing with an addict. His attitude is making a bad person out of me. But I will never raise my voice at him again.
off course,in love,u are still gonna carry all the financial load on ya head,then get banged, and the shit goes on. u are even ready to die there,spits angry
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by uckay304: 10:47pm On May 16, 2023
osazsky:
U think nl is d best place to seek advise when 95 percent of people on nairaland Including me are gamblers.its like coming to report a thief to thieves wat do u want us to tell u now
You de mind her. The fact that your husband has not catch out big dose not means betting is not paying big to people, is a game of luck. If her husband win millions now we will not hear from her again
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Karleb(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2023
This is where the my marriage exam idea would have shined.

I know it isn't all that easy to enact such sha.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by GentlePEACE: 10:52pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:

You just need to exercise patient with him, if not for infidelity, let divorce not be in your mind at all, coz u wouldn't like the repercussion, it will only make him unbreakable the more.

See, as a gambler, my wife once reported me to my Sis when we were planning our wedding, she thought of quitting, I really felt bad because I was spending money anyhow on the bet, I stopped and cont8nue after wedding, today I've gotten her alot from the bet, I bought a personal car for myself and hers from it.

This is not me trying to encourage you but for u to understand that betting is not something a man can totally do away with once he is addicted to it. Just try and make him understand that he can reduce the number of times he plays it. Over time I've learnt to reduce the number of days i play and i set target monthly. That bet be like side chick to some people o grin
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by premexpose: 10:55pm On May 16, 2023
Give your life to Christ, and the begin to intercede for him in prayers
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On May 16, 2023
GentlePEACE:
You just need to exercise patient with him, if not for infidelity, let divorce not be in your mind at all, coz u wouldn't like the repercussion, it will only make him unbreakable the more. See, as a gambler, my wife once reported me to my Sis when we were planning our wedding, she thought of quitting, I really felt bad because I was spending money anyhow on the bet, I stopped and cont8nue after wedding, today I've gotten her alot from the bet, I bought a personal car for myself and hers from it. This is not me trying to encourage you but for u to understand that betting is not something a man can totally do away with once he is addicted to it. Just try and make him understand that he can reduce the number of times he plays it. Over time I've learnt to reduce the number of days i play and i set target monthly. That bet be like side chick to some people o grin
And your wife is happy with this arrangement? Can you please get her to sign on to Nairaland so we can ask her some questions? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by BossLA: 10:59pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
He really does annoying things. How can a grown man gamble away with all he has and return home empty expecting food to eat from his wife and little baby whom he left without anything?
My attitude has nothing to do here. What I tolerant, even you can not withstanding it.

Yesterday was the very first time I really insulted him. It was very annoying but I later regretted it though.
That is why it's called addiction
I was a victim also back in 2021
Immediately i received salary, i will go there and gamble everything and until my salary finishes, i wont rest. I will end up borrowing upandan, at a time, i was not able to pay my debts so i started selling my peoperties. But still yet, i couldn't stop it. Immediately i have money in my hands, i will still go there.
I did everything to stop it, e nor work.
Na God just save me
I have to start telling people my problems, i stopped keeping money, i had a gf then that immediately i receive salary, i will transfer the money to her
I was determined to stopped it then but i couldn't help myself until i started talking to people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House? / 3-year-old Boy Shows Swag In Adorable Birthday Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.