Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? (35608 Views)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by cococandy(f): 11:03pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
It’s exasperating.

Imagine her MIL. Crying and telling her not mention the word divorce . Manipulation in the highest form. If her son were a billionaire would she begging the wife to stay? She would have been the one to go find more women for him just to make the wife’s life uncomfortable. I won’t even say anything about her parents. As long as they are going to provide for her and the kid and keep them safe from his lenders , then she can listen to them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Goalnaldo(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2023
Skyfornia:
If you have done enough and he doesn't want to change..join him. They said if you can't beat them, then join them.

Locate his popular betting spot and meet him there, as he is staking games, stake your own too. Two of you will join hand and go home empty after loosing..he won't expect you to prepare food at home since both of you went to work gamble at the betting shop..

You will sleep with empty stomachs, but make sure your baby dey chop.

Na the man go use him hand begin advice you say make una stop.

No be only him sabi madd
if the lady come dey win nkor?

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by bizhop01: 11:17pm On May 16, 2023
Even marriage this day's is gambling cool

4 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by amanzejude(m): 11:28pm On May 16, 2023
This is my advise to you.

Don't fight or quarrel him over gambling habit. Gambling is very addictive, and as such have a very powerful force controlling any man/woman that engages in it.

Make sure you have something doing to take care your child(ren). Please make sure that he doesn't touch or use your money to gamble.

Learn how to trade FOREX for free. Checky signature.

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2023
I am the biggest loser in the gaming industry, I've lost everything except my life. I've lost my business, my job, properties both mine and other people's own entrusted to me.
I've been making efforts all to no avail.
Visited mountain and prayer houses, nothing happened.
Okay, I said to myself that since I have been working for nothing all the years, that I give myself a bigger responsibility that will be consuming my money .
That's how I impregnated a girl and married her. Since then, the addiction has reduced by 70% and I instructed my wife to know my whereabouts everytime. And also to monitor my activities with my phone.

7 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2023
Goalnaldo:
if the lady come dey win nkor?
It becomes a business opportunity for her.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
I have prayed about it, I have calmly talked to him. I have cried severally on his shoulder and he promised to stop, I have shouted, done everything, but he's not willing to let go.

The truth is that while, you can pray about it for a moment, I think you should set out sometime more significant time to pray about it cos it is only the Holy Spirit that can cause a change in any person if you still want to be in the marriage another option is temporary separation to see if it can make him sit up and for the sake of your mental health but all in all divorce is the last resort and in some denomination is not even permitted. Take care and stay strong !
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:37pm On May 16, 2023
Honsla:

Struggling by wasting his hard earned on gambling?
Struggling in a wrong direction
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:38pm On May 16, 2023
omoadeleye:

One day he go boom millions oo, fear who never collect

Be talking nonsense.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On May 16, 2023
BarrElChapo:
■ The truth is that while, you can pray about it for a moment, I think you should set out sometime more significant time to pray about it cos it is only the Holy Spirit that can cause a change in any person if you still want to be in the marriage another option is temporary separation to see if it can make him sit up and for the sake of your mental health but all in all divorce is the last resort and in some denomination is not even permitted. Take care and stay strong !
Pray about it? Because God has answered the prayers of the many millions of women on the queue — many who have been praying for over a decade by the way — before her? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

Magic has a better chance of happening to her than God hearing her prayer. She needs to get off her arse and move for the sake of her own life and future. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Madups(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2023
Thought as much and I'm quite certain you've never asked a guy out before?
labake1:

No
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by odenkirk: 11:54pm On May 16, 2023
Honsla:

Struggling by wasting his hard earned on gambling?
gambling is among the 100ways to become a billionaire

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Jollos(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
Tell him to play Ac Milan vs Inter over 2.5
And thank me later..

Na so e for come home empty handed again, gambler no get life

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Seunspyder(m): 12:02am On May 17, 2023
This is my advice for you, Go and marry that guy or ur Ex-bf and stop comparing the young man wit someone else…..if u can’t assist or support him wen he needed u most please go with ur wahala and stop looking for woh to blame.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by labake1(f): 12:10am On May 17, 2023
Madups:
Thought as much and I'm quite certain you've never asked a guy out before?

No
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by seanwilliam(m): 12:15am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
I don't know where to start.
Since he gambles away with my business capital, since I put to birth, I have not been able to raise reasonable amount of money to stand well.
do wetin Dey your mind . You know it.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On May 17, 2023
odenkirk:
■ gambling is among the 100ways to become a billionaire
How many billionaires that you know of today gambled their way to riches in the same way OP's husband does? undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by LadyRosa2(f): 12:33am On May 17, 2023
Jobless man and still gambling ? grin grin
Omo! Such kinda of husband can never get me wet even on ovulation.

That level of stupidity kills sexual urge.

Don't divorce him.
Take care of your daughter and ignore him, why cry or bother over someone absolutely is of no use to you apart from being a sperms donor?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:45am On May 17, 2023
cococandy:

It’s exasperating.

Imagine her MIL. Crying and telling her not mention the word divorce . Manipulation in the highest form. If her son were a billionaire would she begging the wife to stay? She would have been the one to go find more women for him just to make the wife’s life uncomfortable. I won’t even say anything about her parents. As long as they are going to provide for her and the kid and keep them safe from his lenders , then she can listen to them.

The MIL doesn’t want them to divorce because she doesn’t want this irresponsible gambling addict to move back to her home and cause her trouble.

5 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by johnshagb(m): 12:47am On May 17, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
Tell him to play Ac Milan vs Inter over 2.5
And thank me later..

The thing still cut. Leave gambling o
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Algold: 12:51am On May 17, 2023
Skyfornia:
If you have done enough and he doesn't want to change..join him. They said if you can't beat them, then join them.

Locate his popular betting spot and meet him there, as he is staking games, stake your own too. Two of you will join hand and go home empty after loosing..he won't expect you to prepare food at home since both of you went to work gamble at the betting shop..

You will sleep with empty stomachs, but make sure your baby dey chop.

Na the man go use him hand begin advice you say make una stop.

No be only him sabi madd
🤣🤣🤣 Guy u be confirm werey. Best advice so far
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by NohurryInLife: 12:52am On May 17, 2023
treatise:

Hahahahahaha grin just imagine a fixture like Man City vs Bendel Insurance (friendly)
Over 6.5 sef sure grin grin
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Mike008(m): 12:55am On May 17, 2023
He's clearly suffering from an addiction. At this point I urge you to pray and fast. Your talking doesn't seem to be the solution. Talk to someone who will definitely listen - God.
Talking to God will surely work the miracle.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by GloriousGbola: 1:00am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

intervention:
an occasion on which a person with an addiction or other behavioral problem is confronted by a group of friends or family members in an attempt to persuade them to address the issue.

your husband is in the middle of an addition he may not be able to kick. Nigeria has a gambling epidemic and there are no support services available for treatment.

as i see it, you have two options.

1) engage his friends and family to stage an intervention where everyone confronts him and makes it clear this is not acceptable
2) separate from him. a separation may force him to come to terms with his addiction

i wish you all the best
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On May 17, 2023
Mike008:
He's clearly suffering from an addiction. At this point I urge you to pray and fast. Your talking doesn't seem to be the solution. Talk to someone who will definitely listen - God.
Talking to God will surely work the miracle.
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by cococandy(f): 1:04am On May 17, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The MIL doesn’t want them to divorce because she doesn’t want this irresponsible gambling addict to move back to her home and cause her trouble.
Lol exactly
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by cococandy(f): 1:06am On May 17, 2023
True talk
GloriousGbola:

Nigeria has a gambling epidemic and there are no support services available for treatment.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by AfonjaPriest: 1:06am On May 17, 2023
Interm:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank

Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
Go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be open.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Emmanuel909090: 2:02am On May 17, 2023
All this half backed ladies in our generation, is the reason of failed homes.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by grandstar(m): 2:02am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

I am a Jehovah's Witness.

One of my Christian brothers was addicted to gambling. He frequently played pools and that's where he lavished his money.

Upon studying with the Witnesses, he realized if he wanted to serve God, he had to quit gambling and this he did.

The money he saved from not gambling, he used it to buy a fridge he could stare at with joy.

Gambling is a terrible addiction. A psychologist called it the second worst addiction especially the slot machine has it promises you instant gratification and messes up the brain's reward system.

You're in a terrible situation. Do you have kids for your husband? If not, make sure you don't. If you already have, don't have any more.

Is your husband faithful to you?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by kkins25(m): 2:05am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
He really does annoying things. How can a grown man gamble away with all he has and return home empty expecting food to eat from his wife and little baby whom he left without anything?
My attitude has nothing to do here. What I tolerant, even you can not withstanding it.

Yesterday was the very first time I really insulted him. It was very annoying but I later regretted it though.
you won't understand the plights of addiction until you fall victim yourself. Its a great deal and rewuires alot more than determination or - rather the will to stop.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by grandstar(m): 2:06am On May 17, 2023
Oloki:

I know it can be tiring dealing with a hubby that's out of control, but two wrong don't make it right. People encouraging you to stay might see what you are not seeing maybe like village people at work. Like the man l quoted said, if you love him, you pray for him. Is not every time we should be looking for easy way out. There is a price to every achievement.

Which yeye village people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House? / 3-year-old Boy Shows Swag In Adorable Birthday Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.