Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? (29630 Views)

Kenyan Chef, Maliha Mohammed Wants To Break Hilda Baci's Record, Seeks Donations / Stunning Photos Of Hilda Baci / 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Johnson225(m): 5:06pm On May 17, 2023
omooba969:

One thing is common with you people - you're always hungry.

Can you please explain why?

I have not eaten since yesterday;

I have just had the last garri ;

Father/Mum is seriously ill ;

I'm about to be evicted, no where to turn.

Same old fvckn stories...hian! undecided

Shut up if you have nothing to say!
Country’s hard, people are suffering…
All thanks to mr incompetence in aso rock
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by taylor88(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2023
Aurielfinizu:

Jesus..

Pls send me your number mk I recharge data for you...

U are creative in thinking

Lol they wan arrest me
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by GoodbutBadguy: 5:08pm On May 17, 2023
What are you expecting from a 3rd world country with little or no productivity undecided, record wet oyinbo dey break steadily. I wonder what would happen if nah Nigeria get Open AI or invented the fastest air craft. Nigeria is just a glorified village with educated folks and obsolete knowledge grin

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by headboyprince(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2023
reiddecuti:
Nigerian foolishness no get part 2. Always self shaming themselves and blaming the colonial master for their woe.

you hit the nail on the head.. Sadly, many Nigerians have very low IQ....

they're always blaming colonial masters for their backwardness...

not knowing that same colonial masters also colonized china and U.S... U.S and china was colonized by great Britain just like Nigeria... shocked

you can google it... e shock me when i found out.. shocked :

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by africandollar: 5:11pm On May 17, 2023
taylor88:
Nothing surprises me again about Nigeria & Nigerians

If Tinubu who’s wanted by USA for drug trafficking can have supporters then Hilda should have a crazy supporters too

At least Hilda’s award was transparent and ghost figures wasn’t added to her by INEC by 2am midnight

Hilda’s fans has a bragging rights at least they know Hilda’s classmates, age, state of Origin, parents & siblings, her source of income, her certifications etc

Moreover she stood up for days without peeing on her body and sniffing cocaine

Chai! This your finishing no get part 2 grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Ashley86400: 5:13pm On May 17, 2023
4tomandchi:
You're sounding bitter but whether you like it or not if it was an American breaking that record CNN would have made it a great deal. Allow people express themselves abeg no be the oyinbo the champion freedom of expression? So make dem collect am with full chest.

That’s a lie.
Americans break Guiness book of world record everyday. They are literally known for that and you don’t see them all over the news except on Guiness book’s Instagram.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 17, 2023
taylor88:

Lol they wan arrest me

Your God pass em
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by DollarLand2023: 5:15pm On May 17, 2023
I agree with you 100%. Told my bro same thing. Alot of people here will misunderstand our perspective. The thing is, she displayed elegant perseverance and a never quit attitude. I even have a crush on her for that. However, let's look into the substance of what she has achieved. Apart from herself, who else will benefit from the record she set? The deals, the endorsement, the free landed properties, the free tickets are the only products of her feat. Just like op has pointed out, if she has found the cure to Cancer or HIV, millions would have benefited from her record. But as it stands, she simply made a name for herself and get paid for it.
It's the way TV commentators are spending time on air some 40mins air time discussing and dissecting cookathon.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Edusouls(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2023
3seriez:
Nigerians are naturally lousy.
not only Nigerians but that’s the typical Blackmans nature, though it’s like our own worse

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by DrinkWater10: 5:17pm On May 17, 2023
4tomandchi:
You're sounding bitter but whether you like it or not if it was an American breaking that record CNN would have made it a great deal. Allow people express themselves abeg no be the oyinbo the champion freedom of expression? So make dem collect am with full chest.
People break records everyday bro. A Nigerian boy has 7 Guinness world records to his name. Everyday records are broken.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 5:17pm On May 17, 2023
HITsquad:
She was posted on CNN official Instagram account a while ago, which was really great.
But the comment section was really irritating! It got flooded by Nigerians as you would expect. But Instead of enjoying the moment as Nigerians, some were busy attacking everyone... playing the race card,accusing the international community of not giving her enough recognition because she was black and African. Seriously?

I don't understand how we think sometimes, why are we making this too much of a big deal? Hilda baci did an amazing job no doubt... She got her message out there too.. she showed the world that there are still positive things about Nigeria, She showed the world the Naija vibes and how supportive Nigerians can be. So we are proud of her... I'm personally proud of her.

But guys please stop overreacting. I don't know exactly what you guys think she did.
Bro... She cooked for 100 hours non stop. which is amazing and not an easy task to accomplish.. So she did great!
But she is not the first person to do something like that ok, alot of people have already done that in the past... but only slightly fewer hours. Remember say na another person record she dey break like this! And she probably won't hold it forever. (Infact The way you guys are going about this whole thing, person fit vex smash that record much more sooner)
So stop acting like she did something "un-doable"...... stop acting like they should hand her over King Charles crown... Or name her among Albert Einstein and Da Vinci.
Na only cook she cook it's not like she just discovered the cure for cancer!

Mek we just dey calm down a
Normal most Nigerians no get sense... Our politicians knows this well say most no dey really reason well ...

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Edusouls(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2023
What do u expect in a country were 133 million able bodied citizens no get work, at least Hilda baci don create work for them

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 5:18pm On May 17, 2023
taylor88:
Nothing surprises me again about Nigeria & Nigerians

If Tinubu who’s wanted by USA for drug trafficking can have supporters then Hilda should have a crazy supporters too

At least Hilda’s award was transparent and ghost figures wasn’t added to her by INEC by 2am midnight

Hilda’s fans has a bragging rights at least they know Hilda’s classmates, age, state of Origin, parents & siblings, her source of income, her certifications etc

Moreover she stood up for days without peeing on her body and sniffing cocaine
Another senseless being we dey talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by ukaface(f): 5:18pm On May 17, 2023
HITsquad:
She was posted on CNN official Instagram account a while ago, which was really great.
But the comment section was really irritating! It got flooded by Nigerians as you would expect. But Instead of enjoying the moment as Nigerians, some were busy attacking everyone... playing the race card,accusing the international community of not giving her enough recognition because she was black and African. Seriously?

I don't understand how we think sometimes, why are we making this too much of a big deal? Hilda baci did an amazing job no doubt... She got her message out there too.. she showed the world that there are still positive things about Nigeria, She showed the world the Naija vibes and how supportive Nigerians can be. So we are proud of her... I'm personally proud of her.

But guys please stop overreacting. I don't know exactly what you guys think she did.
Bro... She cooked for 100 hours non stop. which is amazing and not an easy task to accomplish.. So she did great!
But she is not the first person to do something like that ok, alot of people have already done that in the past... but only slightly fewer hours. Remember say na another person record she dey break like this! And she probably won't hold it forever. (Infact The way you guys are going about this whole thing, person fit vex smash that record much more sooner)
So stop acting like she did something "un-doable"...... stop acting like they should hand her over King Charles crown... Or name her among Albert Einstein and Da Vinci.

Swears o
Sotey celebrities Dey show, just Dey overhype Wetin I no understand
She did a great thing like you mentioned, kudos to her but the unnecessary hyping was really really unnecessary.
Governors Dey go, ontop cooking food.
Other important things we facing them no hype am like HB
Nigerians have problem
Big one

Come be like say Nigeria is just a country for cruise, sleep and cruise.
Very low thinking mentality people

To the extent , Nigerians went to Guinness world record page and sending stupid messages that they need to award HB. Make them no award am, make I see Wetin dem wan do. Yeye people
Also sending messages to the former Indian winner. Stupid nonsense people

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by luckedesiri(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
What have you or any member of your family being in the records for? If you answer correctly, then you would understand the hype around what she did....

In a country teeming with youths of negative mindsets, every little positive record broken by such a beautiful young lady will be widely celebrated....

The norm in Nigeria these days is to see girls as pretty as the lady breaking hook up records and gracing the beds of multiple men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by DaTruths: 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
Guinness record that is held by over 40,000 people, e reach Nigeria own, them make am a National achievement.

No be like say the cooking challenge is among to 50 most daring Guinness record.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by finallybusy: 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
Low current while Nairaland dey flash am torch.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Lol. Surprisingly people wey dey wail upandan saying what did she even achieve, did she discover blah blah blah.
Wetin una don invent, wetin?

The girl did a great feat, and broke a record. She deserve every good thing that comes her way. You go bring cure for cancer, each with em own field. She's a cook, and she did something great with it.
Babe is made, verified, recognition from everywhere, endorsement left, right, center.

As for the ozwors trolling everyone, I saw some of their useless comment on that Indian lady's page. Even the Liberian guy that was only kidding about breaking her record. Come see as those wailing Nigerians dey attack everyone. That's one thing I despise about most Nigerians, they make too much noise, can be loud as shite, stupid arrogance. This thing is supposed to be about "breaking a record",but some nonentity come carry the matter for head! 🤮

All in all, she did great abeg!
Did you comment on those that did or defend inventions in this country before... We have seen many being posted here but most of you won't hype that... But if na something wey no really make sense una go carry Mic and louder speaker... Lolzzz

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by hammerT: 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
ukaface:

Swears o
Sotey celebrities Dey show, just Dey overhype Wetin I no understand
She did a great thing like you mentioned, kudos to her but the unnecessary hyping was really really unnecessary.
Governors Dey go, ontop cooking food.
Other important things we facing them no hype am like HB
Nigerians have problem
Big one

Come be like say Nigeria is just a country for cruise, sleep and cruise.
Very low thinking mentality

To the extent , Nigerians went to Guinness world record page and sending stupid messages that they need to award HB. Make them no award am, make I see Wetin dem wan do. Yeye people
Also sending messages to the former Indian winner. Stupid nonsense people

NOTHING IS TOO SMALL.

IF E EASY, RUN AM, MAKE WE SEE.

SHE IS GREAT AND WE KNOW HOW TO SUPPORT OUR OWN.

NOT EVERYTIME STRIPE THEM NAKED AND BURN, FOR HOT SUN LIKE SAVAGES.

WE ARE HUMANS. GODDAM IT!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 5:21pm On May 17, 2023
Blaze14k:
They go soon say na obidients e no dey hard miscreants to condemn a particular with lightening speed
Go and check wetin your likes said to the former holder on twitter .. Una dey senseless no be small
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by SmartyPants(m): 5:21pm On May 17, 2023
4tomandchi:

Assuming this is true, is CNN not an American company again??

Besides do you know how many records are set annually without this much fanfare by major news outlets?

Some of you are just pests.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by BlackyOne: 5:22pm On May 17, 2023
Nigerians like to jump on insignificant things to make them forget the failings of their own country temporarily

they are quick to seek foreign verification and don't hesitate to vilificate foreign interference

they blame everyone for their suffering rather than own up to their condition and fight for their freedom.

Hilda using the bunch of jobless youths to catch cruise, she's not just a girl girl, she's a Lekki big girl with small gods, 😂😂😂... This is her big brother fame period.

Leave the international community out of y'all BS

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by hammerT: 5:26pm On May 17, 2023
BlackyOne:
Nigerians like to jump on insignificant things to make them forget the failings of their own country temporarily

they are quick to seek foreign verification and don't hesitate to vilificate foreign interference

they blame everyone for their suffering rather than own up to their condition and fight for their freedom.

Hilda using the bunch of jobless youths to catch cruise, she's not just a girl girl, she's a Lekki big girl with small gods, 😂😂😂... This is her big brother fame period.

Leave the international community out of y'all BS

I'M SURE YOUR FROM GHANA.

OYA CARRY YOUR HATE BACK TO ACCRA.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by hammerT: 5:28pm On May 17, 2023
NO AMOUNT OF TEARS CAN REMOVE THAT WORLD RECORD AND LOVE FROM TRUE NIGERIANS TO HILDA BACI.

AS E DEY PAIN THEM, E DEY SWEET US.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Mikelarteta(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2023
Neddstark:

Many women that cook regularly on the busy streets of Lagos can do more if given thr money motivation to do so.

They haven’t done 100 hours straight

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by omooba969(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2023
Johnson225:

Shut up if you have nothing to say!
Country’s hard, people are suffering…
All thanks to mr incompetence in aso rock

I blame you people who routinely vote thieves and murderers into public offices.

Y'all will enthrone incompetent m0rons and start shouting HUNGER... 😂

Inú ìyà lema kúsí gbogbo yín! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by ukaface(f): 5:31pm On May 17, 2023
hammerT:

NOTHING IS TOO SMALL.

IF E EASY, RUN AM, MAKE WE SEE.

SHE IS GREAT AND WE KNOW HOW TO SUPPORT OUR OWN.

NOT EVERYTIME STRIPE THEM NAKED AND BURN, FOR HOT SUN LIKE SAVAGES.

WE ARE HUMANS. GODDAM IT!
I never said I didn’t support her
Yeah, I mentioned she is great too… so relax

But the overhyping wasn’t necessary… Ko make sense

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 17, 2023
Everybody is jumping on the bandwagon. I am not moved.

Nigerians are disgusting. They've even gone ahead to attack the previous record holder for no reason.

They're attacking CNN, BBC and co.

It's like accompanying a fool to somewhere. They kill you with shame.

Tueehh!

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Kokoboss: 5:32pm On May 17, 2023
HITsquad:
This is jealousy

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Kokoboss: 5:33pm On May 17, 2023
HITsquad:
This is jealousy

this is pure jealousy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

One Pot Tomatoes Stew / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.