Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? (29629 Views)

Kenyan Chef, Maliha Mohammed Wants To Break Hilda Baci's Record, Seeks Donations / Stunning Photos Of Hilda Baci / 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 12:14am On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You will still deny una no go abuse the Indian... Eyin werey

Dont ridicule urself tribal bigot.. in as much as u hate igbos u can as start killing anyone u come across lets wat happens. Na only mouth u get faggott
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by haybhi1(m): 12:59am On May 18, 2023
mariahAngel:

If such people who have achieved feats in their lives congratulated her, shouldn't that tell you something?

It's called GRACE.
I really wish that day will come. That day you'll start seeing things logically devoid of any spiritual attachments.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by psalmz(m): 1:32am On May 18, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It is VERY irritating to anyone with a brain.
I'd understand it if she won even a local cooking competition of best tasting food.
But this is something that has NOTHING to do with cooking but standing and not sleeping.
Is there really anybody that believes Hilda can do that longer than most men and women in, say, Lagos??
the hyping,it’s damn too much

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by PoliteActivist: 2:17am On May 18, 2023
Rayban25:

Agreed. then go and impress them and cook for 500hrs..show them the man that you are it's not hard now..the challenge does not exclude men

Just don't overhype it.
It is like a woman setting a record of running non-stop or running marathon. We KNOW men do it better than women - which is why there are men and women marathons. So anybody with a brain will take such "record" with a grain of salt - not overhype it!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Nobody: 2:33am On May 18, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Just don't overhype it.
It is like a woman setting a record of running non-stop or running marathon. We KNOW men do it better than women - which is why there are men and women marathons. So anybody with a brain will take such "record" with a grain of salt - not overhype it!

It's you people that are just making a big deal out of this...why the competition spirit? Na competition? You wan fight am?

Just congratulate the girl and move on...shes part of the people that used her personal love for cooking and be part of those to make Nigeria recognizable so what's the fuss all about? Na wa for some of you

If a Nigerian like burna wins another grammy wont Nigerians celebrate him?

Anything that makes Nigeria positively recognizable is worth hyping. If you no like am go chop grass
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by PoliteActivist: 2:44am On May 18, 2023
Rayban25:

It's you people that are just making a big deal out of this...why the competition spirit? Na competition? You wan fight am?

Just congratulate the girl and move on...shes part of the people that used her personal love for cooking and be part of those to make Nigeria recognizable so what's the fuss all about? Na wa for some of you

If a Nigerian like burna wins another grammy wont Nigerians celebrate him?

Anything that makes Nigeria positively recognizable is worth hyping. If you no like am go chop grass

Congratulate her and move on. EXACTLY!
Not president visiting and 24 hr coverage. Any person with a brain who knows what she actually did, is bound to find such hype irritating!
If it were something like she won a national best tasting food competition, I'd be the one leading the hype. It means she did something BETTER than everybody else!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by donmik: 7:20am On May 18, 2023
I don't still get the whole reason for cooking for long.

Maybe I don't understand. U mean she didn't sleep for 100 hours?

If so, the award she deserved is that of not sleeping, not cooking.

But if u prove that her food tasted most delicious of all times, then thank God for her.

If not, pls u guys should sopl posting this useless trend for now pls.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by ZUBY77(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2023
HITsquad:
She was posted on CNN official Instagram account a while ago, which was really great.
But the comment section was really irritating! It got flooded by Nigerians as you would expect. But Instead of enjoying the moment as Nigerians, some were busy attacking everyone... playing the race card,accusing the international community of not giving her enough recognition because she was black and African. Seriously?

I don't understand how we think sometimes, why are we making this too much of a big deal? Hilda baci did an amazing job no doubt... She got her message out there too.. she showed the world that there are still positive things about Nigeria, She showed the world the Naija vibes and how supportive Nigerians can be. So we are proud of her... I'm personally proud of her.

But guys please stop overreacting. I don't know exactly what you guys think she did.
Bro... She cooked for 100 hours non stop. which is amazing and not an easy task to accomplish.. So she did great!
But she is not the first person to do something like that ok, alot of people have already done that in the past... but only slightly fewer hours. Remember say na another person record she dey break like this! And she probably won't hold it forever. (Infact The way you guys are going about this whole thing, person fit vex smash that record much more sooner)
So stop acting like she did something "un-doable"...... stop acting like they should hand her over King Charles crown... Or name her among Albert Einstein and Da Vinci.
Na only cook she cook it's not like she just discovered the cure for cancer!

Mek we just dey calm down a

Exactly what i was saying. What exacty did she discover? How to cook for 100 hours?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 9:32am On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Dont ridicule urself tribal bigot.. in as much as u hate igbos u can as start killing anyone u come across lets wat happens. Na only mouth u get faggott
Go check nonsense your people dey do online... You left Nigerian tribes go dey abuse Indians... Very useless tribe... Same in SA and Dubai always causing problems everywhere... Useless tribe
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 9:36am On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Go check nonsense your people dey do online... You left Nigerian tribes go dey abuse Indians... Very useless tribe... Same in SA and Dubai always causing problems everywhere... Useless tribe

Chai im so sorry for you cos u just reaffirmed what i said. Keep hating you might get something positive. I just wonder how it makes you a better person
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 9:47am On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Chai im so sorry for you cos u just reaffirmed what i said. Keep hating you might get something positive. I just wonder how it makes you a better person
You sef know your tribe people useless ... No one is hating am just stating what your tribe does and stop running... Go again and check those abusing the Indian woman on her Twitter page... Go check those using cutlass to destroy cars some months ago in the Dubai.... No be only your tribe dey this word na... Very unreasonable people..
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by mariahAngel(f): 9:55am On May 18, 2023
haybhi1:

I really wish that day will come. That day you'll start seeing things logically devoid of any spiritual attachments.

The divine cannot be explained logically.

For people (from different parts of the world) that do not know you to gather, rejoice and genuinely celebrate with you in your moment of victory is divine.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 10:04am On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You sef know your tribe people useless ... No one is hating am just stating what your tribe does and stop running... Go again and check those abusing the Indian woman on her Twitter page... Go check those using cutlass to destroy cars some months ago in the Dubai.... No be only your tribe dey this word na... Very unreasonable people..

Bro you are a tribal bigot am not here to count losses with you. You are not a saint in foreign land and when you look at negative things about a person it simply means you have no moral ground to engage in position conversation with such individual. Thereby creating a boundary between you and such person. You can equally compare this scenario with discrimination cos you cant tell me ur tribe has never done anything negative to dent the image of this country overseas including those attacking indian or what not. Our unity is paramount to our greatness and success buh we dont have any of that. Bro count your teeth with your tongue and stop finding faults you are not a saint.

Someone used 22 billion to buy a fire fighters trucks and it doesn't bother you? You concern is igbos and how u hate them? Mehn we play too much in this country and we not serious to face these corrupt individual cos theres no unity
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by GindoX(m): 10:16am On May 18, 2023
taylor88:
Nothing surprises me again about Nigeria & Nigerians

If Tinubu who’s wanted by USA for drug trafficking can have supporters then Hilda should have a crazy supporters too

At least Hilda’s award was transparent and ghost figures wasn’t added to her by INEC by 2am midnight

Hilda’s fans has a bragging rights at least they know Hilda’s classmates, age, state of Origin, parents & siblings, her source of income, her certifications etc

Moreover she stood up for days without peeing on her body and sniffing cocaine

I no call Tinubu name oo

They are coming for you bro grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 10:31am On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bro you are a tribal bigot am not here to count losses with you. You are not a saint in foreign land and when you look at negative things about a person it simply means you have no moral ground to engage in position conversation with such individual. Thereby creating a boundary between you and such person. You can equally compare this scenario with discrimination cos you cant tell me ur tribe has never done anything negative to dent the image of this country overseas including those attacking indian or what not. Our unity is paramount to our greatness and success buh we dont have any of that. Bro count your teeth with your tongue and stop finding faults you are not a saint.

Someone used 22 billion to buy a fire fighters trucks and it doesn't bother you? You concern is igbos and how u hate them? Mehn we play too much in this country and we not serious to face these corrupt individual cos theres no unity
Guess Igbo governors are from other tribes... You talk like those leading your region are better... Mumuni... You can only find yiibos concentrating on regions or places better than theirs ... Parasites ... Ndi developers... If your home is good you won't be exploring yeye up and down... Useless tribe always ready to point to others bad side and e plenty for una body
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 10:37am On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Guess Igbo governors are from other tribes... You talk like those leading your region are better... Mumuni... You can only find yiibos concentrating on regions or places better than theirs ... Parasites ... Ndi developers... If your home is good you won't be exploring yeye up and down... Useless tribe always ready to point to others bad side and e plenty for una body

You are one angry individual who is ready to kill to prove your point. Your words says it all i will leave to continue your quest have a great day
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 10:42am On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

You are one angry individual who is ready to kill to prove your point. Your words says it all i will leave to continue your quest have a great day
Yeye! Stop bullying people online .. Everyone can reason same way...
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 10:46am On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Yeye! Stop bullying people online .. Everyone can reason same way...

Lol and what are you doing now? Petting me? Abeg go ur way joor u r culprit of what u accuse people of
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Gemma11: 10:59am On May 18, 2023
donmik:
I don't still get the whole reason for cooking for long.

Maybe I don't understand. U mean she didn't sleep for 100 hours?

If so, the award she deserved is that of not sleeping, not cooking.

But if u prove that her food tasted most delicious of all times, then thank God for her.

If not, pls u guys should sopl posting this useless trend for now pls.

She was trying to get her name into the Guiness World record books which is an internationally recognised factbook which lists high achievements.

Being a Guinness World Record holder does not have any monetary benefits, but it may have some other benefits such as: Recognition: The Guinness World Record certificate is accepted globally and the holders of this certificate are known all around the world

Hilda has since been featured on CNN, BBC and in other foreign press. It is all about leveraging this new found fame to game more sponsorships, high profile jobs etc.

If I were her manager I would be pitching a shows like Nigerian Masterchef, Nigeria's Best Baker, Nigeria Kitchen Nightmares, The Great Nigerian Bake off, Iron Chef Nigeria (All soin-offs from already internationally recognised shows) with her as a Presenter.

Now everyone knows her name she could even start a ready meals company distributed globally...like if I see Hilda Baci Suya rice or Okra Soup in my local Sainsburys in London, I no go buy? of course!

Anyway, the world is her oyster and the possibilities are numerous. She just needs to pay her cards right and leverage her new found fame with sense.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 11:09am On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Lol and what are you doing now? Petting me? Abeg go ur way joor u r culprit of what u accuse people of
Me no send any Igbo people ... You swear I swear for you... I no get time... Cus someone no see things una dey see next na swear... I dey house for anybody wey say he dey madt... Anybody wey wish Tinubu death naso e go be for him/her and their family... Anybody wey wish make Nigeria scatter... Naso their own personal life go scatter
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 12:00pm On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Me no send any Igbo people ... You swear I swear for you... I no get time... Cus someone no see things una dey see next na swear... I dey house for anybody wey say he dey madt... Anybody wey wish Tinubu death naso e go be for him/her and their family... Anybody wey wish make Nigeria scatter... Naso their own personal life go scatter

Thats your business bro carry on with your hate
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 12:11pm On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Thats your business bro carry on with your hate
Say amen na ... Yeye
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 12:38pm On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Say amen na ... Yeye

Amen to what really abeg carry ur hate go. You are being irrational. Like i said u are a hater so theres nothing meaningful u can talk with you so go find someone else u can lynch ur hate on
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 12:53pm On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Amen to what really abeg carry ur hate go. You are being irrational. Like i said u are a hater so theres nothing meaningful u can talk with you so go find someone else u can lynch ur hate on
Hate who exactly na... Who?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 1:19pm On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Hate who exactly na... Who?

So why have u been running ur mouth each time i try to calm u down.. bro if this conversation is not important to u by now we would've had some mutual understanding but ur intentions is for me have war of words with u so u can prove ur flimzy point. Try harder! Besides i dont have any reasonable thing to discuss with u cos its irrelevant
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by dyera(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2023
tosyne2much:
The answer is very simiple
Nigerians normally pay attention to things that deserve little attention
The more reason why we are moving backward in this part of the world
You still dey exist? Ah.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 3:20pm On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

So why have u been running ur mouth each time i try to calm u down.. bro if this conversation is not important to u by now we would've had some mutual understanding but ur intentions is for me have war of words with u so u can prove ur flimzy point. Try harder! Besides i dont have any reasonable thing to discuss with u cos its irrelevant
Lolzzz.... I no dey fight you at all... Am not trying to drag you... It just annoying seeing people attack people online anywhere
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by tosyne2much(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2023
dyera:

You still dey exist? Ah.
E shock you to see my comment shey?

I still dey exist ooo baba mi cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Blaze14k: 3:31pm On May 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzz.... I no dey fight you at all... Am not trying to drag you... It just annoying seeing people attack people online anywhere

Go back and read what u wrote slowly. You know when u read what others wrote u feel its offensive so i want u to go back and read urs. I have nothing to say to u have a good day
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Fearyourcreator: 3:46pm On May 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

Go back and read what u wrote slowly. You know when u read what others wrote u feel its offensive so i want u to go back and read urs. When u call someone useless that is not constructive criticism cos u cant tell me ngozi iwuala is useless or dora akuyili. We know how they contributed to nigeria's economy, food and drugs before ngozi was elected md of wto. Seems u get relapse very easily, u easily forget what u say? U say igbos insult people alot buh i watched u call me useless profusely
Sorry for using the word useless severally...
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by armyofone(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2023
Good job Hilda@
Will love to eat T your restaurant or eatery.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? by Kokoboss: 8:42pm On May 18, 2023
headboyprince:
no its not... hes saying the truth....no be everything be jealous..you know how many people don break record wey pass this one.. grin imagine noise on top cooking record... wentin the holder of this records will then do.. demand their own planets...
-== Most Rubik's cubes solved on a skateboard.
=== Most blindfolded backwards standing somersaults in one minute.
=== Most keepie uppies while hanging with one hand.
===Most back wheel bike bunny hops on a bar in one minute. grin
wow!! This truly na the real record o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

One Pot Tomatoes Stew / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.