Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater (31023 Views)

Russia: Apocalypse Underwater Drones That Can Trigger ‘radioactive Tsunami' / Storm Franklin: 400 Homes Evacuated And Train Stations Underwater In U.K. (Pics) / Missing Florida Woman Found Inside Her Car After 9months Underwater(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by AImiron: 11:10pm On May 16, 2023
A Florida professor has set the world record for the longest time spent living underwater without depressurization.

Dr. Joseph Dituri, 55, has spent 74 days living in Jules’ Undersea Lodge at the bottom of 30-foot-deep lagoon in Key Largo as of Saturday and plans to spend at least 100 days there, according to the Associated Press.

The duration breaks the previous record of 73 days that was set by two professors who also lived in the lodge in 2014.

The curiosity for discovery has led me here,” Dituri, who teaches at the University of South Florida (USF), told the outlet. “My goal from day one has been to inspire generations to come, interview scientists who study life undersea and learn how the human body functions in extreme environments.”

Dituri, who also goes by the name “Dr. Deep Sea,” has been underwater since March 1 as part of a project called “Project Neptune 100,” which is analyzing how the human body reacts to long-term underwater pressure.

Organized by the Marine Resources Development Foundation, which owns the deep-sea lodge, the project joins medical and ocean research with education.

Researchers have been monitoring and conducting medical tests of Dituri’s physical and psychological health throughout the project.

"The record is a small bump and I really appreciate it,” Dituri said. “I’m honored to have it, but we still have more science to do.”

The idea here is to populate the world’s oceans, to take care of them by living in them and really treating them well,” he added

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/05/16/florida-professor-dubbed-dr-deep-sea-sets-world-record-for-longest-time-spent-living-underwater/amp/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by JudgeWilson(m): 11:19pm On May 16, 2023
Wow, for the first time in over 10yrs on nairaland i hit 1st to commentus. Seun, wey my money?

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by dazzlingd(m): 11:35pm On May 16, 2023
If this happens in Nigeria.

They will declare 3 days national holiday.

We told them that GWR is a normal thing everywhere in the world, e reach Nigeria turn, they made it look like moon landing. A whole giant of africa and its leaders celebrating a cooking world record like wtf.

271 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by illicit(m): 2:10am On May 17, 2023
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Berrityga: 4:50am On May 17, 2023
Bullshit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by mysticwarrior(m): 5:03am On May 17, 2023
Some men are taking unnecessary risk just to become famous.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by FoolishBoy419: 6:14am On May 17, 2023
dazzlingd:

We told them that GWR is a normal thing everywhere in the world, e reach Nigeria turn, they made it look like moon landing. A whole giant of africa and its leaders celebrating a cooking world record like wtf.

To be frank,I couldn't find anything special about what the woman did and I don't understand why she's being hyped. Sure, it took a lot of hardwork but when you look at other Guinness records, you will just get second hand embarrassment from the way we are parading her as if she'd just discovered the cure for cancer. Maybe it's just me though.

Edited.

I'm being quoted by a lot of dim-witted adultswho don't understand what opinion is. Yes, you might find what she did impressive and that's fine but it is selfish and inconsiderate of you to assume I must be envious. Say whatever you want but I would pick a child with 6 A-1's in WAEC over this. At least he has achieved something meaningful unlike this one that is completely pointless as far as I'm concerned. Deal with with it.

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Nobody: 10:10am On May 17, 2023
lol everybody just dey break records

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:56am On May 17, 2023
Marine spirit

6 Likes

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by dazzlingd(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

To be frank,I couldn't find anything special about what the woman did and I don't understand why she's being hyped. Sure, it took a lot of hardwork but when you look at other Guinness records, you will just get second hand embarrassment from the way we are parading her as if she'd just discovered the cure for cancer. Maybe it's just me though.

It’s not just you, but when you are surrounded by foolish people with low IQ, and they make the majority opinion, you will begin to doubt your sanity

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by slawomir: 11:51am On May 17, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Thinking of seting my own record

Am gonna smoke non stop for one month

Beat them whiz Khalifa, snoop dog, Eriga and all

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by FalseProphet1(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2023
I have been prophesying since Monday in a bid to create my own world record. The problem I'm facing is that I'm not seeing anything again. Maybe it's hunger I don't know, since yesterday I've just been shouting Jah Jah I can't see anything and my hands are aching badly cos I've been ringing my Bell. How would I break this record when this is just day 2.

Please help me. embarassed

23 Likes

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Patrickyemi: 11:51am On May 17, 2023
K
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Warldbest(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2023
Latest trend now
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by IamdbuII: 11:52am On May 17, 2023
Dbull on this one!

Which record me I go come Break like this ehn?

Worst music released?

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Generalwoodz(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2023
My fellow humans busy breaking records left and right! Thinking aloud : what record should I break? Should I invade and disrupt Tinubu's swearing in ceremony?

8 Likes

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by sofeo(m): 11:53am On May 17, 2023
Congratulations.

Another Guinness world record?
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Rahkman: 11:53am On May 17, 2023
Let's see if the whole America social space will shut down or us president calling to congratulate him or Americans insulting the previous record owner,now I understand why trump called Nigeria a shithole country run by a lifeless president,with an incoming lifeless vegetable,with hordes of hungry and backward supporters

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by CondemnBattery(f): 11:53am On May 17, 2023
Nice one
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Kingpele(m): 11:53am On May 17, 2023
Congratulations and we organised a carnival just to watch someone cook for days

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by xpressionx(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2023
ok
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by wolesmile(m): 11:56am On May 17, 2023
Funny thing is, several Nigerians have their names in the Guinnesss World Record. Even someone has more than 4 to his name before the age of 20. Majority of the people hyping this Hilda's "cook-a-thon" don't know that to get certified as a GWR, you can decide to create a record all your own, or attempt breaking an existing record. No monetary value attached. Just the certificate of recognition.
We just need to grow up here in Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:56am On May 17, 2023
dazzlingd:

It's so sad..my brother

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by 4tomandchi: 11:56am On May 17, 2023
Make Dem come Cross River small pikin d sleep under water.
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by marlow1962(m): 11:56am On May 17, 2023
Okay na
Re: Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater by LordKushmann(m): 11:57am On May 17, 2023
I love his thinking.. But if we want to evolve enough to populate the oceans, it would take more time than just being in a tank. Plus who says there aren't others already living there?

We have to first learn how to live well on earth before taking our madness to Nne Mmiri Oke Oshimili.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Venezuela Is Down To Its Last $10 Billion! / CNN/ORC Poll: Hillary Clinton Won The 2nd US Presidential Debate 57% To 34% / War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.