Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy (31025 Views)

ISRAELI Weapon Damaged Iranian Air Defenses Without Being Detected / Russia Is Ready For Nuclear War, Putin Warns The West, video / China Used Microwave Weapon To ‘Cook’ Indian Troops In Himalayan Border Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by EvenBlogger: 9:04am On Mar 12, 2022
A former head of British spy agency, M16 Russian division, Christopher Steele has said President Vladimir Putin of Russia miscalculated with the war over Ukraine.

Steele said the crippling sanctions on Russia by the international community would have an adverse effect on the country which may lead to the use of a chemical weapon.

He noted that Putin’s regime would ultimately collapse due to the sanctions imposed on Russia by the international community.

Speaking with Sky News, Steele said the sanctions imposed on Russia may lead to protests in Moscow and across the country.

He said: “I don’t see him surviving this in the long term. I think we’ve gone over a watershed here.

“An operation on this scale is really beyond Russia. I think there are several gross miscalculations here by Putin.

“As people’s living standards start to fall, they will be increased protests on the streets of Moscow, St. Petersburg and other cities. And I think that will play into probably an elite attempt to remove Putin in due course.

“As the Russian army becomes bogged down, more desperate, and clearly not realising its objectives militarily, you’re likely to see more indiscriminate killing and bombardment and possibly the use of a [chemical] weapon.”

Two weeks ago, Russia had begun a war against Ukraine over its decision to join NATO.

Putin, however, called the invasion of Ukraine a military exercise.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/12/war-putins-miscalculationll-lead-to-his-downfall-chemical-weapon-ex-uk-spy/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by YorubaKinging: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2022
The end is near

I’ve said the Antichrist is already on the scene

Many nations have already given him their power and influence

He will subdue 3 leaders before him

Putin is number 1

Hahahahah

Your salvation is nigh on Israel ( I’m talking about the real Israel o, not the fake mid eastern ones )

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by boundachuks(m): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2022
Poland wanted to give Ukraine it's Soviet era fighter jets. The US gave poland the permission to send them to Ukraine

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by yanabasee(m): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2022
Russia will go down....

No country will stand against the west over Putin's foolishness..

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Kingosytex(m): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2022
No, the zombies say that Putin is infallible. All these chaos are completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

Why did he have to invade Ukraine? Is Ukraine no longer a sovereign state? What stopped him from giving Ukrainians a better deal from what NATO was offering?

179 Likes 15 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Iliveforever(m): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2022
SURELY.
I saw a statistic somewhere that if you’re a Nigerian with at least $100 (57,000) and you’re not in debt that you’re richer than 46% of Russians already cheesy cheesy cheesy

You see where Putin shot himself in the leg? Because even Russians will be the ones to pursue him out from the sit.
He wasn’t a smart man after all.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by ChiefSosa(m): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2022
I pity Putin. He is lucky Buhari doesn't have his time yet. By the time buhari gets angry, and start sending troops, nukes and missiles to Russia, I can assure you that Putin will beg for mercy, and he'll regret invading Ukraine. He is lucky buhari is busy landing from one hospital to another, if not, buhari for don show am pepper.cheesy

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Nyanmiridunce: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2022
Putin won't bow to your pressure. He's the world's most powerful man.

171 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by dalass(f): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2022
grin

The West will love to enter this Putin's brain... But, can this war stop already!... It's affecting everything abeg

1 Like

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2022
Make everybody ready to find him way o.
Instead of madman Putin to bow down in shame, he go rather press Nuke button o.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by pol23: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2022
Let’s wait and see.
The sanction is too much and I bet it will affect Russians big time.
But if you do your research,Russia hasn’t economy hasn’t grow over 10% in the last decade simply because they’ve been pursuing self stability…
They have their reserve in Gold not even rumble.
Russia know the day will come when the west will turn its back on her.
I guess they’re prepared,but you can’t be sure if the preparations will meet up to the current sanctions both left ,right and center.
I was planning a trip to Moscow last December , I checked booking.com,I saw over 2000 and the hotels were very cheap and beautiful,but sadly couldn’t make it. I checked again few days ago and there’s no hotel in Moscow on booking.com… I decided to go through Turkish air,sadly Turkish air sef no Dey go Moscow again.
If China stand strongly by Russia,The great country will survive.
Also,we need someone to checkmate USA excesses,if great Russia is gone .then USA can come for anyone without any fear tomorrow.
I’m not supporting Russia against Ukraine,I’m supporting them against America,sadly it might mean the same in this case.

Also the exchange rate has minimal effect currently… they’re not selling Forex to anyone…
The meaning now is that,they will exchange with everyone in gold and not rumble. (But how much gold can be available for the business conglomerates)
They have over a trillion dollar worth of gold though…
So the market back home will be stable a bit.
But there will be a little inflation…

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by chronique(m): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2022
Lol. One thing I have found out during this short war is that while some European countries have been trying to apply diplomatic solutions to this conflict, UK and US have been largely stoking the fire and doing and saying everything to ignite and complicate the whole thing. I'm beginning to think they purposely stoked the fire of this conflict, to get at Russia and Putin especially. There's something we probably don't know yet but would eventually come out someday.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by DiscoverID: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2022
yanabasee:
Russia will go down....

No country will stand against the west over Putin's foolishness..
North Korea?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by creatorsverse(m): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2022
It took america 20years to try to conquer Afghanistan and yet dey cudnt do it even without sanctions from other countries.

Russia only started it's war with Ukraine just three weeks ago, see their achievement even with the sanction. Putin never miscalculated anything he is progressing as planned. All this propaganda, OGA is seeing it

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by setobaba: 11:12am On Mar 12, 2022
let help some dindinrin out, the clever ones can relate

If PUTIN lose to the west, then y’all should be ready for a another serious executive order pandemic and scandemic cos it’s all from the west, the west will be very too powerful that even china and others will think twice.

Africa is just useless, the only reason I’m still hopeful about Africa, is the Bible says there will be time, black race will become the greatest in the world. Pls anyone can correct me if I’m wrong. I just hope this is the time Africa can start building the ambition, cos it’s not a race of 50yrs I swear, the west have far gone behind us. Africa learn from the Koreans, why would china support Russians, think, think about it, it can only happen if the Russians wins not Putin wins the war.

If you only you understand tho

7 Likes

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Timoleon(m): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2022
Words won’t win the war. This very much I know. At the very end of it all Europe will inherit a third world county called Ukraine that NATO/USA and Russia would re-agree again cannot join NATO and cannot host NATO bases (at least officially). They will also inherit a huge humanitarian/refugee crisis as Ukrainians move into other eu countries in hopes to rebuild their lives. EU/NATO/USA reputation as defenders of the weak and the free world would have been grossly exposed as a selfish manipulative ploy to pursue the national interests of a few at the expense of others having pushed Ukraine into a war that they (Ukraine) have everything to lose.
Russia on their part would have lost a lot of friends in Europe (not that they had many before). Economically, Russia would suffer a lot at least for a while (the sanctions would eventually be lifted as the war won’t last forever and Russia has quite a number of important commodities that the world and especially EU depends on). Russians will further alienate themselves from other EU countries after observing the manner in which they were eager to take control of their investments in those countries. Some of Russia’s neighbors who were fraternizing with NATO will try to rekindle a favorable disposition towards Russia having witnessed Ukraine’s sufferings and how it was forsaken by those that should have backed them.

We do not really know Putin’s timeline towards the war in Ukraine but certainly, most didn’t expect a long drawn out war. If indeed this was a “military exercise “ as Putin claims, it has failed in that aspect. Because if this were to escalate, on how many fronts can he fight if it’s taking so long to get a hold of his next door neighbor Ukraine?

I guess one calculation that has held though is the fact that NATO/USA recognizes Russia as a nuclear power and as such wouldn’t risk mutual destruction by intervening directly.
We await chinas action on Taiwan though, then perhaps North Korea might be tempted to act on South Korea. undecided

11 Likes

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Dpharisee: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2022
These westerners keep exaggerating, Russia is selling oil to India at 30% discount and virtually every tanker is moving towards Russia, the reality is that people outside the West for the first time are not following events on main stream western media, so all these propaganda is not selling, apart from the west and few US controlled states like Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan no other countries have imposed sanctions on Russia.

Gas prices and inflation is at an all time high in America, Germany has said it will not sanction Russian oil and gas, even Britain couldn't sanction Chelsea fully, they cherry picked what will apply

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Kingosytex(m): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2022
DiscoverID:

North Korea?

North Korea matter no touch anywhere. They are also like Putin, all they do is bark.

South Korea can comfortably take care of the loud mouthed North Korea.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2022
Only God can help......war ain't good,the riot still going on in the north due to terrorism is crippling the economy,let alone war.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Igbofam: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
Putin won't bow to your pressure. He's the world's most powerful man.

Stop doing drugs bro

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by seanwilliam(m): 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Like for biden, share for Putin

44 Likes 37 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by chamber2(m): 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Very clear

Putin's fall is near.

Very foolish individual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Cowbell521: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
The guy below na E goat
Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by bigdammyj: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Okay
Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by Mystic969: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Putin didn't miscalculate anything... he's only defending his country against the Western plan for Russian. The west has always seen Russian as a threat seen the Soviet era...so they are looking for a way to subjugate Russian.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: War: Putin’s Miscalculation’ll Lead To His Downfall, Chemical Weapon – Ex-uk Spy by kunlesehan(m): 11:14am On Mar 12, 2022
There's a surprise waiting ahead.
May God save us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

French Troops Begin Withdrawal From Niger Republic / Former Sudanese Defense Minister Found In Underground Prison (photos) / Antonio Guterres: The World Is On The Edge Of An Abyss (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.