Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? (458 Views)

7 Richest Igbo Business People In Nigeria / IGBO BUSINESS MEN: Sudden Wealth And Their Money Rituals! / Top New Year Resolution That Business Men Should Consider Before New Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by Ekejoestar(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2023
I have two shops and two sales girls are managing one shop plus I also monitor them, I pay them almost 45k per month but I'm concerned if I should get married and put my wife in charge of the business or should I get a boy(apprenticeship) and put him inside the shop.

I live in a rentage apartment, single room with a toilet and kitchen, started business two years ago Plumbing materials business.

Pls, I need advice from people who have passed through this phase of life that I'm currently in.
Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by malcom1X: 10:42am On May 17, 2023
Now the question is, once you make her manage the business what else will you be doing?
Are you going into another business?

Is she going to make the business successful the way you have made it successful?

What I see is that you are aiming for failure in that business.

You are still going to get married. Get a lady that is willing to help you. Not to take over your business from you.

2 Likes

Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by Cyril44: 10:50am On May 17, 2023
Be your own manager tongue
Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by Ekejoestar(m): 12:17pm On May 17, 2023
malcom1X:
Now the question is, once you make her manage the business what else will you be doing?
Are you going into another business?

Is she going to make the business successful the way you have made it successful?

What I see is that you are aiming for failure in that business.

You are still going to get married. Get a lady that is willing to help you. Not to take over your business from you.

Thanks for your contribution but like I said I have two shops and I'm thinking of getting married so that my wife can handle one of the shops while I handle the other one.
Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by iInjureHerYansh: 12:37pm On May 17, 2023
Ekejoestar:

Thanks for your contribution but like I said I have two shops and I'm thinking of getting married so that my wife can handle one of the shops while I handle the other one.
You say you have two sales girls. Are you sure your wife can handle the task the two girls handle?
That's a factor to consider.

1 Like

Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by TERMlNATOR(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2023
Op get ur wife to help u monitor them
Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by youngfocus(m): 1:03pm On May 17, 2023
How did u even know weather ur wife will in b interested in that business,did u even know weather ur wife will have her own career she wanna go into,this is why most ppl have problem in marriage now u wife will know u income nd everything about u,Oga married out of business.ur wife can go into another thing must u b in dsame line of business.if businesses crumbing,both of u will suffer together,so many disadvantages
Re: A Question To My Fellow Igbo Business Men, Which Is Better? by malcom1X: 8:15pm On May 17, 2023
youngfocus:
How did u even know weather ur wife will in b interested in that business,did u even know weather ur wife will have her own career she wanna go into,this is why most ppl have problem in marriage now u wife will know u income nd everything about u,Oga married out of business.ur wife can go into another thing must u b in dsame line of business.if businesses crumbing,both of u will suffer together,so many disadvantages

True but I believe the wife should also learn the trade Incase he's not around.
Would not be fun for him to work together and achieve with his wife?

The thing is it depends on his wife.

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Income Generator / Join MTFE And Make Cool Dollars From Monday To Friday (not Scam) / Kibris Water Hits Market In Yola, Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.