Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? (7017 Views)

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Some Fun While Job Hunting / Truth About Job Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Pickmycall: 10:24am On May 17, 2023
If Nigeria is as developed as Europe an unemployed youth seeking for job should not take him/her a week before securing another job.I hate job hunting badly.
In this part of West Africa and as a third world country,it will take months and years to secure a good job.
An unemployed youth will be submitting his CV as if he is a post office worker.

I have worked in a hospitality organisation where my colleague will opened a applicantion letter and used the CV to calculate his sales record as a bar attendant.I was new to the job.So I didn't want to create a scene because I was under probation then and he was my senior in that department.Before other staff go attack me say I wan collect job from another person, make I maintain my lane.

I later found out that almost all the staff got the job through man-knows-man basis.I was the lucky one who was picked among 20 applicants because I passed the oral interview.

As an unemployed youth,I will wake up everyday thinking which company will be next to submit my CV even though I know that there is no vacancy.I will buy a pack of application letter which is about 25pieces and submit all with my CV.
I will also be making series of photocopy of my CV every now and then.

I have also bribe security men at the gate so that they will not dump my CV in their waste bin because that is how most of them do if a job seeker doesn't give them (not all) money.I have also attended Series of job interviews.After months, I will be expecting a call.I will be glue to my mobile phone.Any message tone that rang I will quickly opened it to see if it is a job invites.If my phone battery life goes off I will become panic that I may miss a job invites.
Job hunting is really stressful,

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by iyke7263(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2023
Seriously, The worst is wearing cooperate 😂😂😂😂.
Walking under the sun for hours...
Those security for gate is terrible, they are in fact the owners of the company, they would quickly refrain me from gaining entrance into the company, new system is they are not accepting letters, pls go and apply online.
Nigeria is a terrible place to seek for a job, No production, it's rather importation all the way.
God help ur son

11 Likes

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Pickmycall: 12:31pm On May 17, 2023
iyke7263:
Seriously, The worst is wearing cooperate 😂😂😂😂.
Walking under the sun for hours...
Those security for gate is terrible, they are in fact the owners of the company, they would quickly refrain me from gaining entrance into the company, new system is they are not accepting letters, pls go and apply online.
Nigeria is a terrible place to seek for a job, No production, it's rather importation all the way.
God help ur son
I bribed one of the security guards #500 before he could give me the company's email address when I wanted to submit my application letter at their the gate.After 3 years them no call me for an interview.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by GodWrites: 12:44pm On May 17, 2023
I'd rather remain unemployed than work for a Nigerian firm.

Aside from the peanuts paid as salary, they still want you to tolerate their bs.

With remote work I can work in any company from the comfort of my home, while earning in dolls without being subjected to any kind of ill-treatment.

Getting the remote job isn't easy tho. Prepare to get rejected hundreds of times. Remember, all you need is 1 YES.

Don't give up!

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by PerfectStranger(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2023
Who still walk around submitting cvs at diff companies when you can save the stress,time,tp and energy by applying electronically via LinkedIn and the rest.

NB:Please anyone living in Lagos should accommodate me for awhile. Been having several job invite for interview but my location is far(Akwa ibom).

The moment I secure a job I'll move out and rent an apartment. I don't want to do that when I haven't secured a job yet,God bless.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Pickmycall: 1:08pm On May 17, 2023
PerfectStranger:
Who still walk around submitting cvs at diff companies when you can save the stress,time,tp and energy by applying electronically via LinkedIn and the rest.
I have applied online too.Too many scammers there.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by slawomir: 1:37pm On May 17, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Ain't got no experience regarding that

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Jefferyhi86(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2023
Transportation
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Agbadocassava: 1:38pm On May 17, 2023
Every graduate will be fully employed during Tinubu’s reign…

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:39pm On May 17, 2023
😑
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Lemmy123(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2023
X
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 1:42pm On May 17, 2023
500 online application submitted since 2021 yet no job invitation.
This nation is cursed and beyond redemption.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by dododawa1: 1:42pm On May 17, 2023
Tinubu will make JOBS available, BELIEVED.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2023
Enter street go start business, boss.

Leave this modern slavery thing called job.

Use your brain and social media please.

Tech (Digital Marketing) , combine it with Buying and selling.

Learn how to run facebook and instagram ads PROFESSIONALLY.

I'm a 5 star salesman, paid advertising newbie , that's the skill you need to master now in Nigeria to make money daily.

I can sell water to a well...

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook maeketplace, etc.

- go and learn how to run ads.

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Rubyjade: 1:43pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Blame my goat headed dad for not having good connection when he was young rather was busy chasing women up and down.
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by clockwisereport: 1:48pm On May 17, 2023
There is no job to hunt
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by clockwisereport: 1:49pm On May 17, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Every graduate will be fully employed during Tinubu’s reign…

You said that in 2015 when Buhari assumed office. He ended up creating 12 million invisible rice farmers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by qanda: 1:52pm On May 17, 2023
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Blame my goat headed dad for not having good connection when he was young rather was busy chasing women up and down.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

After seeing you through your education up to youth service your father should be the one to help you job hunt?

You're not ready to take charge of your life hide your face in shame

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 17, 2023
clockwisereport:

You said that in 2015 when Buhari assumed office. He ended up creating 12 million invisible rice farmers

Nigerians have short term memory..na why dem no dey learn lesson..nobody should complain when the real suffering starts.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Selfmotivated: 1:55pm On May 17, 2023
Lack of information
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Raxxye(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2023
Never meeting the required "Experience".

To get a job, you are required to have experience, but you can only have experience by working; so how do you get the experience when you are never given opportunity to work.
It's a constant dilemma job seekers like me face!
Even volunteering positions are scarce!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 1:59pm On May 17, 2023
Rayban25:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

After seeing you through your education up to youth service your father should be the one to help you job hunt?

You're not ready to take charge of your life hide your face in shame
I thought you have sense.
Did you bother to ask if he trained me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by geesilver(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Do you know what he also went through before he became what he is today?.... My brother it's not easy ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by geesilver(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2023
I spend all my savings moving about submitting my CV to different companies at the end the few that call for interview really put a bad offer forward. I just had to result to fate and move on with life. Up till today am still submitting online only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Lemmy123(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2023
This thing called job, I don tire jare
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 2:08pm On May 17, 2023
geesilver:

Do you know what he also went through before he became what he is today?.... My brother it's not easy ooooooo
I feel like crying 😭
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I thought you have sense.
Did you bother to ask if he trained me?

So if he didn't train you why still expect anything from him at all is what I dont understand...some people fathers have died and they saw themselves through school and get themselves jobs...you're a man now and not a baby

As long as you have finished school your life is now in your hands..doing blame game is only making you look foolish

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Ignatiusprince(m): 2:17pm On May 17, 2023
Boss yourself
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by triple996(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2023
It's not easy. There is no job. Only teaching jobs with small salary and horrible work load

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by isabi2lof: 2:32pm On May 17, 2023
Hmmm!!

Just pray to have good connection and let the Grace of God speak for you .

I can tell you ,it isn't easy at all .

Although God has been helping me even without any connections, for all job seekers I pray that God will meet our heart desires.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out Careers@mtnonline.com / I Just Missed A Job Due To Incapable Hands At Pruvia Consulting Limited, / Arnergy Solar Limited Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.