Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? (7058 Views)

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Some Fun While Job Hunting / Truth About Job Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 6:21pm On May 17, 2023
Rubyjade:
Yes, I am. Thanks for asking. I am into business to on the side
Which business
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 6:22pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
The old man no try at all.
According to him
He started working at the age of 23 as a teacher.
He worked for good 12 years before getting married.
That 12 years nothing to show for it.
No investment, no car, no house..
Still the remaining 23 for him to retire when he got married.
12 years working as a single guy.
23 years working as married.
Total 35 years nothing to show for it.
E no still achieved anything.
I dey vex for the man.
Ohhh government teacher? Shey Na federal or state?
But teaching really has no connections opportunity like that?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 6:29pm On May 17, 2023
sacajawea:

Ohhh government teacher? Shey Na federal or state?
But teaching really has no connections opportunity like that?
State teacher.
At least Nigeria was a good country in the 70s.
He started teaching in the late 70s when the currency was strong.
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by victory36(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2023
ecomalchemistt:
Enter street go start business, boss.

Leave this modern slavery thing called job.

Use your brain and social media please.

Tech (Digital Marketing) , combine it with Buying and selling.

Learn how to run facebook and instagram ads PROFESSIONALLY.

I'm a 5 star salesman, paid advertising newbie , that's the skill you need to master now in Nigeria to make money daily.

I can sell water to a well...

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook maeketplace, etc.

- go and learn how to run ads.

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M
pls, can you teach me how to run social media ads or can you refer me to someone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 7:13pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
State teacher.
At least Nigeria was a good country in the 70s.
He started teaching in the late 70s when the currency was strong.
And he completed 35 years in service?
That means he is an old man by now
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 7:14pm On May 17, 2023
sacajawea:

And he completed 35 years in service?
That means he is an old man by now
Yes bro.
Any help to render!
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 7:14pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Yes bro.
Any help to render!
I will see
And I will put you in mind
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 7:29pm On May 17, 2023
sacajawea:

I will see
And I will put you in mind
Bro I dey count on you

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 7:32pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Bro I dey count on you
Don't count on me, count on only God
I'm just a Man

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 7:33pm On May 17, 2023
sacajawea:

Don't count on me, count on only God
I'm just a Man
I know bro even if na to support me to start up small business
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by VTJN(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2023
Rayban25:

So if he didn't train you why still expect anything from him at all is what I dont understand...some people fathers have died and they saw themselves through school and get themselves jobs...you're a man now and not a baby

As long as you have finished school your life is now in your hands..doing blame game is only making you look foolish
Hear yourself while you speak bro. Some people fathers are dead right? But his own father is alive. You can't compare someone alive to dead person. I am not supporting him relying on his father to get him job but the father should be responsible for his children.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 7:58pm On May 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I know bro even if na to support me to start up small business
What did you study sef
Which school?
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Sirchiboy: 8:13pm On May 17, 2023
sacajawea:

What did you study sef
Which school?
HND computer science.
Delta state poly
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 17, 2023
VTJN:
Hear yourself while you speak bro. Some people fathers are dead right? But his own father is alive. You can't compare someone alive to dead person. I am not supporting him relying on his father to get him job but the father should be responsible for his children.

I'm not downplaying what he has been through please dont get me wrong its every parents duty to provide for their children

But you reach a certain stage in life where you're not supposed to expect some certain things from your parents...I know may comment may sound insensitive but if you read in between the lines you'll get the message

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by VTJN(m): 8:30pm On May 17, 2023
Rayban25:

I'm not downplaying what he has been through please dont get me wrong its every parents duty to provide for their children

But you reach a certain stage in life where you're not supposed to expect some certain things from your parents...I know may comment may sound insensitive but if you read in between the lines you'll get the message
You need your parents always in your trying period no matter the age. They are your support system. Not only parents but siblings and good friends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 17, 2023
VTJN:
You need your parents always in your trying period no matter the age. They are your support system. Not only parents but siblings and good friends

Understand what I'm saying..I didnt say your parents shouldn't try and assist you in any form but I said you at a certain age shouldn't be 'entitled' or 'expect' some certain things

As you are now wont you feed yourself one way or another whether your father has connections or not? And if at all your father dosent have connections just so he can help you with job will you insult him? That's exactly what he is doing. He is blaming his father for his current joblessness which is absurd..if he were in js3 and his father couldn't pay his fees anybody would understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by TreasureJunky: 9:29pm On May 17, 2023
Please someone should share what a comprehensive CV should look like. The one I have is well edited and it looks so good, and I have been using it to apply for jobs, but I don't get invites with it, I don't know where the problem is coming from,,,
Can someone please help me to share a sample of good CV. I'm pleading.
Thanks in advance
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Gbolafff(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2023
ecomalchemistt:

I'm a 5 star salesman, paid advertising newbie , that's the skill you need to master now in Nigeria to make money daily.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook maeketplace, etc.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

I love you for this

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Rubyjade: 9:20am On May 18, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Hi bro, if you live in Lagos can you accommodate me for awhile? I've been having several job invite for interview but my location is far(Akwa ibom).

The moment I secure a job I'll move out and rent an apartment. I don't want to do that when I haven't secured a job yet,God bless.
I am a lady, drop your request on the whatsapp group chat
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Rubyjade: 9:21am On May 18, 2023
Hilda Baci business (Raw)
sacajawea:

Which business
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Pickmycall: 9:37am On May 18, 2023
Rayban25:

did it occur to you that I may know someone of this experience when I was in the university? I didnt experience it personally if that answers your question

So asking "is that what they told you" is a silly question because I wont just just say things because someone has said it without me confirming
i know of a friend who sponsored himself through the univesity from 200L when his dad passed away.He had to be cutting classes by going all out to impersonate candidates who were writing postjamb just to gather money to help himself through school.He was in and out of police cell for exam malpractice that he had a carryover.E no easy.
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by sacajawea: 10:51am On May 18, 2023
Rubyjade:
Hilda Baci business (Raw)
Okay. Do you have shape like Hilda too?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Ingredient88(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2023
isabi2lof:
Hmmm!!

Just pray to have good connection and let the Grace of God speak for you .

I can tell you ,it isn't easy at all .

Although God has been helping me even without any connections, for all job seekers I pray that God will meet our heart desires.
Amen thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by caandi: 11:47am On May 18, 2023
Rayban25:

Understand what I'm saying..I didnt say your parents shouldn't try and assist you in any form but I said you at a certain age shouldn't be 'entitled' or 'expect' some certain things

As you are now wont you feed yourself one way or another whether your father has connections or not? And if at all your father dosent have connections just so he can help you with job will you insult him? That's exactly what he is doing. He is blaming his father for his current joblessness which is absurd..if he were in js3 and his father couldn't pay his fees anybody would understand
but his father didn’t train him in school
Why birth children that you can’t afford to train
The man should have avoided such
Even the bible says a man that can’t provide for his family is worse than an infidel!
I saw a quote where the guy said his father worked with state as a teacher for 35 years and nothing to show for it
When the father knew that the teaching job isn’t going to provide security for his children
He would have started a business or plan B
Lest not support parents that can’t provide for their children cos it’s a sin against God and humanity

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Soadechanel: 11:52am On May 18, 2023
Rubyjade:
Can you please share the link of the WhatsApp group chat
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Rubyjade: 12:12pm On May 18, 2023
Go to where i posted on the first page
Soadechanel:

Can you please share the link of the WhatsApp group chat
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by virginboy1(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2023
GodWrites:
I'd rather remain unemployed than work for a Nigerian firm.

Aside from the peanuts paid as salary, they still want you to tolerate their bs.

With remote work I can work in any company from the comfort of my home, while earning in dolls without being subjected to any kind of ill-treatment.

Getting the remote job isn't easy tho. Prepare to get rejected hundreds of times. Remember, all you need is 1 YES.

Don't give up!

Word of wisdom.

Sorry what kind of jobs those most of the remote jobs requires...it is mostly tech related
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by virginboy1(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2023
ecomalchemistt:

Not just money...

DEEP

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by PerfectStranger(m): 1:34pm On May 18, 2023
Rubyjade:
Wich of the WhatsApp group please?

Checkout my number on my signature and add me up please.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 18, 2023
caandi:
but his father didn’t train him in school
Why birth children that you can’t afford to train
The man should have avoided such
Even the bible says a man that can’t provide for his family is worse than an infidel!
I saw a quote where the guy said his father worked with state as a teacher for 35 years and nothing to show for it
When the father knew that the teaching job isn’t going to provide security for his children
He would have started a business or plan B
Lest not support parents that can’t provide for their children cos it’s a sin against God and humanity

Did I defend the fathers irresponsibility?

Read through this thread for my posts and show me where I did...Dont quote me out of context please.
Re: What Is Your Challenge About Job-Hunting? by dododawa1: 6:12pm On May 18, 2023
todugo:

Maybe he will employ u as one of his drug agent grin
of course, employed not unemployed is different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eleme Petrochemical Interview Pls Help / Invitation For Digital Assessment / Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.