Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ (5689 Views)

Fayose Is On The Road To Self-destruction — Prof. Sagay / ‘Treat Jonathan With Care; Falae, Anenih Too Old To Be Jailed’ – Sagay To Buhari / Prof. Itse Sagay To Ihejirika(must Read) Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by dabrake(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
moderatorr:

that retardeen beat buhari and other aspirants has down in that infamous election, now tell me, who is a greater retardeen.
First president to introduce a new type of democraly in nigeria, and other greater retardeens are requesting that he use the system that failed us!
For God's sake in democracy, the president is not the almighty, it is the members of the house and the people. Checkout obama's style of leadership , not far from Gej's pattern. Muslims are kicking against democracy everywhere in the world bc it doesnt give them d chance to cut off peoples hands and sit on the throne forever.
GEJ is investing more in education so that more muslims can go to school , esp northern ones!

new type of democracy? eg 7yr rule.
Like gej, lyk obama. Obama is also a drunk fisherman nah.
I cn c hw gej is investing in education. In a matter of jst few months, his wife became a dr.(ph.d/d.sc). Nigeria jagajaga
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by odomanis: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
Whatever GEJ says,people must criticise. When OBJ unlished terror on the people of ODI,he was criticised. Now GEJ is using a different approach,people are still criticising him. Anyway,it is expected. That is what comes with leadership. But people should remember that that speech was made in a place of christian worship(a church). As a Christian,you dont go to a church and begin to spill fire and brimstone. Christian faith is all about humility,peace,tolerance,forgiveness and total reliance on God. Those are what our President exhibited in that speech. Do not forget that he is a christian. I am sure all the people who are calling him names now would equally have called JESUS CHRIST a weak and fearful leader when he told Peter his follower to drop his sword and watch him arrested by those who eventually killed. He even replaced the ear which Peter cut off.  Let us not forget that in that speech he said it is God who made him President,that he can change this country and that by the grace of God he will change this country for good. He equally referred to enemies of this country who foolishly are pepertrating the evil we are facing now as Goliaths. He reminded us that for every Goliath,there is an exposed forehead upon which he can be struck dead and defeated. What else do u want him to say before you know that he refferred himself to be David. Please the election is over,let us all support our only President of our only country. He is a christian and only expressed his Christian virtues. Thank you.
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by GrownMan(m): 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ Godman_n Snakes must craw we say in Igbo land. You cannot change from left handed to right handed in old age.
I gree with wetin you yarn to be honest

@ PointB The cautious movement of a cat, should not be misconstrued as a sign of cowardice - Nigerian Proverb
And you also make sense.

I combine both togeda and decide to wait an see. Like wan of our guys song talk, I go dey pray sotey,
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by Demdem(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
odomanis:

Whatever GEJ says,people must criticise. When OBJ unlished terror on the people of ODI,he was criticised. Now GEJ is using a different approach,people are still criticising him. Anyway,it is expected. That is what comes with leadership. But people should remember that that speech was made in a place of christian worship(a church). As a Christian,you dont go to a church and begin to spill fire and brimstone. Christian faith is all about humility,peace,tolerance,forgiveness and total reliance on God. Those are what our President exhibited in that speech. Do not forget that he is a christian. I am sure all the people who are calling him names now would equally have called JESUS CHRIST a weak and fearful leader when he told Peter his follower to drop his sword and watch him arrested by those who eventually killed. He even replaced the ear which Peter cut off.  Let us not forget that in that speech he said it is God who made him President,that he can change this country and that by the grace of God he will change this country for good. He equally referred to enemies of this country who foolishly are pepertrating the evil we are facing now as Goliaths. He reminded us that for every Goliath,there is an exposed forehead upon which he can be struck dead and defeated. What else do u want him to say before you know that he refferred himself to be David. Please the election is over,let us all support our only President of our only country. He is a christian and only expressed his Christian virtues. Thank you.

If he didnt say anything or said something like :Nigeria will be great again, we are winning, God is giving us victory, We are more than conquerors, God is great etc and likes, i guess all these wouldnt have happened.
The retardeen simply opened his heart for us and we all now know what is in there.
Simply Empty !!!!!!
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by omoajiri(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2011
A bad dancer,a very poor one will complain that his shoes are bad,the dance arena is rough or the spectators are not encouraging him. Doesn't this dancer (who had no shoes before) thinks of this before he ventures to dance?
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by ochiaha1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
I agree with Professor Sagay that GEJ should be more assertive because its only through such that he can deal with the problem of hunger, unemployment, Insecurity and dearth of infrastructure which are part of the myriad of problems that trouble our country.

GEJ should also realise that,'Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown', so he should stop listening to tale-bearers and Arm-Chair critics and work hard to achieve his programs for the Nation. cool
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by Newlook: 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
many people get emotional when the issue of leadership in Nigeria is raised, because most times the focus is on the person occupying an office rather than the responsibility of the office.

it would do all of us good to compile the many promises made during campaigns and begin to mark the performance sheet of office holders against what they promised. that is what we call objective assessment.

another way to review a case like this is to say ' if this man had told us this (make this speech) before the election or during the campaign, would he have won the election'?

and it goes to teach us a lesson 'an office seeker that promises everything is not sincere' and 'those that identify the limits of their capabilities and are honest about it should be given the chance'. unfortunately the former always win and the latter always lose. Why? Because we live in a world full of deceit.

God help us.
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by Kolababa: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
If people critisize you, they want you to succeed. If somebody does not critisize you, you wont sit up.
Those people praising GEJ out of tribal and religious sentiments are the number one enemy of Jonathan. They are sycophants, people like Mr fix it, this is how they started. Mark those people like like "horny4u" on nairaland, those are the people that can bahave like "Mr Fix it" and co when they get to the corridor of power. They praise you above the sky when they know you are not doing well. Even if they see stain on your cloth, instead to tell you, they will say "na design".
Those are the people like Daniel Kanu that organised a sponsored one million march that Abacha was the best leader in Africa and he is now in PDP. Majority of those in PDP that were conniving with Turai Yar Adua cabal to deny GEJ right to succeed Yar Adua are now his best friends while those who organised rallies and protests in Lagos, Ibadan and Abuja in support of Jonathan then to be made the acting president are now the noise makers and the critics.
HA! AYE KOOO TO
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by BetaThings: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
moderatorr:

that retardeen beat buhari and other aspirants has down in that infamous election, now tell me, who is a greater retardeen.
First president to introduce a new type of democraly in nigeria, and other greater retardeens are requesting that he use the system that failed us!
For God's sake in democracy, the president is not the almighty, it is the members of the house and the people. Checkout obama's style of leadership , not far from Gej's pattern. Muslims are kicking against democracy everywhere in the world bc it doesnt give them d chance to cut off peoples hands and sit on the throne forever.
GEJ is investing more in education so that more muslims can go to school , esp northern ones!

Yes free and fair election. Go and look at the Excel result and the 98% turnout and 99% votes recorded
Remind me of Mubarak-type landslide victory

Muslims are kicking against democracy everywhere? Like Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Libya. Right?
So the universities Jonathan is setting up are only in the North? And ASUU is on strike because the existing universitioes are overfunded?
Propaganda must be notionally believable to be acceptable
You are not earning your keep, Sir
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by EkoIle1: 4:28am On Sep 28, 2011
I no get book oooooo

I no get show ooooo

I no get school bag ooooo

I no be elephant oooo

I no be dog ooooo

I no be general oooo

I no be Obama oooo

I no be Goliath oooo

Obama praise me ooo

United Nation like me ooo

I be nobody ooooo

I be mumu oooo

I be Odechukwu oooo

I know boko haram, but I'm too scared to lift a finger oooo

I be weak and incompetent punk oooo

Na madam umbrella dey run the country oooo

Ne madam Umblerra shake hand and do meeting for UN ooooo

I just tanda like mumu as usual while madam umbrella push me comot from plane to handle business oooo

Wetin I go do now ooooooo00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000

lmao
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by member479760: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2011
but the oil come from his village na oo! weytin!
Re: Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ by LogicPower(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
Doctokwus: " Am one of dose who feels Jonathan shd b gven a chance and for us all to wish him d best;but dt speech he gave at d church service is one of d most UNINSPIRING,UNIFORMED,LACKLUSTRE,UNTIMELY speeches to av eva come out frm any nigerian ruler.--

What d country needs now is a leader dt can galvanise us and tel us d impossible is probable;d probable is likely and d likely is assured,nothing less,particularly at dis turning point of our country's history
."

Doctor, please start writing in Standard English!. Your fascinatingly insightful, balanced and well-informed post clearly deserves to be rendered in a much better form than this sub-standard, juvenile writing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Emerges Lagos NURTW Chairman / Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe / I Am Running For President Now, Nigeria Can't Wait Till 2015- Nuhu Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.