Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Explain This Thing To Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Explain This Thing To Me (2084 Views)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / Do You Think This Is The Right Thing To Do / Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by bukatyne(f): 2:29pm On May 18, 2023
Klass99:

Lol šŸ¤£. You just like some kind of pointless debates that induce a headache and leave you feeling like you've lost some brain cells after engaging with someone. His first post revealed a lot na, I am not even surprised he is a professing Christian.

Choco's thread and the thread that prompted this one has me wondering, what value do some if not most of these men actually bring to the table or marriage?

1. They slack off on their responsibility as the spiritual head of the home. Often leaving the grooming of their kids in God's ways, to their wives or Sunday school teachers. Most do not even hold once a week family devotions in their homes, neither do they lead by example.

2. They still slack off on their responsibility as providers, either insisting on a 50/50 sharing formula or completely slacking off and allowing their wives take up the responsibility of providing.

3. They are lacking in moral excellence and values, they love to play the filed while married, always trying hard to justify adultery, with some going as far as quoting scriptures to do so, like that Toks guy was doing here. And it's not just online I have experienced this, even offline.

I am not even trying to be funny or sarcastic with my question, it's an honest and rhetorical question. What value do they bring to the table? From where I stand it looks like theirs is just to be causing women heartache and palpitations, turning you into a fasting and prayer warrior over their poor choices/bad behaviour, causing anger, bitterness and resentment in hearts.

šŸ˜ƒ šŸ˜€ šŸ˜„ šŸ˜ šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜ƒ šŸ˜€ šŸ˜„ šŸ˜ šŸ¤£

Please blame my 'I think this can be savaged' and ensuring peeps are correct when they reference the Bible.

I don't want some girl not deeply rooted in the Word reading that ans saying 'Christianity is too burdensome for women; we are even expected to pray for erring husbands while we don't get that privilege'.

@other parts:

That's why I 'scream' that women should choose well. If a woman marries baruff, she would not even chase 10 not to talk of the 1,000 the Bible says a single person would chase.

She would turn to prayer warrior or inspector running from pillar to post looking for what is not lost.

Then live a life filled with bitterness and start tormenting her DILs.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by CHoccolaTE: 2:37pm On May 18, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Well.......I'm a Christian and I don't argue carnally.........."women pray for your husbands"is a commandment from God.........

I cud drop so many bible verse on that.......

Can u just pick one verse in the Bible that support husband pray for yo wives??

Interesting, show me verses that instruct women to pray for their husbands.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Klass99(f): 5:15pm On May 18, 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by bukatyne(f): 5:46pm On May 18, 2023
Klass99:

It is not as simple as choosing as well. I am all for doing your due diligence and choosing well when it comes to a spouse but change is a constant fact of life and people sometimes change.

Debrief's husband is a great example. Who would have thought that her godly, devoted, Christian boyfriend turned husband, whom she met and dated in school from their fellowship days (without sex) will turn into the monster he did?

I have been searching the forum for the husband's side of the story, so I can post the link to validate this point about people changing. It was an interesting narrative, the guy owned up to all he did and even more like fracturing three of her ribs. Gosh, I need to find that post.

I watch a lot of YouTube shorts and I love to dive into the comments section as well because YouTube has a more diverse community than NL. A woman shared that her husband of 17 years or so, left their marriage informing her he no longer loved her etc. It came out of the blue, it was unexpected and it really broke her heart. She spent time crying and praying that God would bring him back to her.

One day she heard The Lord clearly tell her - Mary he has to return to me first before he can come back to you. That gave her some relief and she quit her crying/praying, putting hubby in God's hands and pressing on with her life.

The point here is that - when a man's heart is turned away from God, he can and will cause you pain, without any fault on your part. You can choose well from the beginning but if or when their hearts start turning away from God there will be trouble. As shown in Debrief's and Mary's case.

I also think the turning away starts with things like gambling, the other user complained of on her thread.

I firmly believe that marriage is a spiritual matter hence spiritual guidance (depending on what you favor) is important.

When I say choose well, I am not just referring to the physical. And like church speak, God will not give His daughters (who rely on Him for a choice of spouse) to spiritual bustards who would turn negative in future.

Are there exceptions? Yes. However, if as a spiritual person (especially a child of God) there are more cases of godly husbands/wives changing for the worse, then there is a fundamental problem somewhere.

Is it possible that God's choice in marriage is a thorn in the person's flesh for a lesson? Yes. An example was Hosea in the Bible whom He told to marry a prostitute. Sometimes, the change can be a spiritual attack which I do not deny.

Again, on the physical, I generally don't believe people change 360 for the worse. It is however possible for the intending spouse not to know that aspect of them. Reminds me of an acquaintance that boasts that he has different faces (aka cupboard life) for different people. To some, he is jaiye jaiye person; to others, he is 100% career driven; to others, he is a church boy. That's where God comes in and show you things you need to know.

I have also seen cases God showed people things and they went ahead because of age and other circumstances.

I gather that the OP in that thread knew her husband gambled before they got married.

@bold: As a Christian, donā€™t you think there are too much instances of turning away especially for husbands (assuming they were 100% right with God initially) not to go to the foundation?

P.S.: I personally don't think the personality you see in the church gives you enough scope for a martial life. And anyone meeting in the church or any religious gathering without further contact in a more natural environment has to do even more due diligence.

2 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Klass99(f): 5:54pm On May 18, 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by cococandy(f): 6:29pm On May 18, 2023
Because the method of practicing religion in our society is strictly to keep women beneath and at the service of men. If you didnā€™t know anything, youā€™d think their version of God hates women.

Thereā€™s hardly anything relating to genuinely loving one another, bringing Godā€™s love on to earth. Making life better for everybody. You know all the good things you imagine when you think of Gods kingdom on earth? None of them is the actual goal of many religious people today. etc

Itā€™s all about how to police and control women. Thatā€™s why they are quick to whip out bible verses in response to situations like that but conveniently mute when the tables turn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 18, 2023
Klass99:

I sincerely hope so. Because I recall reading the Final Quest by Rick Joyner and one of the things he said he noticed from his visions and time with Yeshua, was that The Lord's army is mostly made up of women and children.

Meaning - women and children are mostly the ones who are quick to believe, the ones standing in faith, holding on to their faith and persevering in the place of prayer, bible reading/studies, godly and good deeds etc.

That was my understanding and interpretation though. When I vet what he said and saw in heaven, against what I see here on earth in my world and my space......Rick Joyner wasn't off point at all. Note - he didn't say there were no men, but women and children were the bulk of His army.

which women are many in heaven. The same women that are easy to possess by demons easily influenced and brainwashed by worldly principles such as and the likes. Abi you are talking about the women found on Pluto undecided
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On May 18, 2023
Klass99:

3. They are lacking in moral excellence and values, they love to play the filed while married, always trying hard to justify adultery, with some going as far as quoting scriptures to do so, like that Toks guy was doing here. And it's not just online I have experienced this, even offline.

I am not even trying to be funny or sarcastic with my question, it's an honest and rhetorical question. What value do they bring to the table? From where I stand it looks like theirs is just to be causing women heartache and palpitations, turning you into a fasting and prayer warrior over their poor choices/bad behaviour, causing anger, bitterness and resentment in hearts.

Itā€™s because they do not believe the things they teach in churches. And the things they expect from women. Itā€™s just the ugly truth.
They are holding onto religion because they know itā€™s a useful tool to further their misogyny but other than that, in their heart of hearts, they donā€™t actually believe it.

They know they can use religion because the women donā€™t want to disobey God but why are they themselves comfortable with disobeying God as if thereā€™s a separate set of rules that only applies to them? Itā€™s because they donā€™t believe it

5 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On May 18, 2023
cococandy:
ā–  Because the method of practicing religion in our society is strictly to keep women beneath and at the service of men. If you didnā€™t know anything, youā€™d think their version of God hates women Thereā€™s hardly anything relating to genuinely loving one another, bringing Godā€™s love on to earth.. Making life better for everybody. You know all the good things you imagine when you think of Gods kingdom on earth? None of them is the actual goal of many religious people today. etc Itā€™s all about how to police and control women. Thatā€™s why they are quick to whip out bible verses in response to situations like that but conveniently mute when the tables turn
You nailed it! Absolutely nothing of it concerns or is about God as it is instead primarily focused on glorifying the agendas of men in every facet!! undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by cococandy(f): 6:42pm On May 18, 2023
RenegadeX:
which women are many in heaven. The same women that are easy to possess by demons easily influenced and brainwashed by worldly principles such as and the likes. Abi you are talking about the women found on Pluto undecided

This is the second comment Iā€™m seeing within the past hour talking about how women are easy to possess by demons etc. who came up with that? How was it measured? Smh

You people have refused to acknowledge how deeply deeply hateful you are towards women and how you use every opportunity you have create anti-women spaces within your religious communities.

5 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by cococandy(f): 6:43pm On May 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You nailed it! Absolutely nothing of it concerns or is about God as it is instead primarily focused on glorifying the agendas of men. It is exalting men and their egos above all others! undecided

So glaring I donā€™t even know why itā€™s up for discussion

4 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On May 18, 2023
cococandy:
ā–  So glaring I donā€™t even know why itā€™s up for discussion
Imagine! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Klass99(f): 6:53pm On May 18, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 18, 2023
Most of you discussing above should go and join the convent and leave men and the women that like them like that alone. Because any small thing your husband does in marriage will be seen as trying to prove superior and subdue you in the process.

Wife submit to your husbands
Husband love your wives

The problem with you ladies of now is that you want all the loving and pampering but when it comes to the point of fulfilling your end of the bargain which is ā€œsubmittingā€ that where they start debate of men and women being equal and crazy feministic crap.

While courting the man you saw everything that you think you might not be comfortable with yet you proceeded. In marriage you still submit to him whether he gambles or gets drunk. Kneel down and cry that you donā€™t like what he is doing and tell him the repercussions of the habits calmly. He will stop

But as feminist and ladies carrying baggages, hurt and bitterness from your previous 20+ toxic relationships. You will transfer your vile and anger on the man. That is no submission. And we men hate when our ego is bruised with your vile tongues. That thing you are saying we shouldnā€™t do with insults and nagging instead of the calm approach we will triple down on it since una no won get sense.

No matter how beastly a man is a woman can have his remote control anytime if she wise but how many you are wise these days.
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 18, 2023
Klass99:
ā–  It's so sad and the expectation that wives should continually tarry in prayers and fasting on their behalf is annoying.
Not just wives, as even single women who ought to be Iiving free and unburdened have also been brainwashed into believing God's Will for them is that they fast and pray for a man to come rule over them and bring about their completion. Churches in Nigeria are filled each week with single and married women desperately praying and fasting--- in vain by the way. That is all thanks largely to the brainwashing that is religion in Nigeria today. undecided

Again, all of these ideas have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ, God and the Kingdom of God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Klass99(f): 8:19pm On May 18, 2023
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Nobody: 12:01am On May 19, 2023
grin cheesy grin cheesy

I don't hesitate to tell them maybe i will do it more often. cheesy grin

Although I must confess directives like "pray and fast " isn't mostly from a place of religion but to pepper them grin grin grin

True believers know how to sort out marital problems within themselves through the help of the HOLY SPIRIT who is the true guide. And all through years and centuries, God has always settled every form of problem that may arise among HIS CHILDREN.
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On May 19, 2023
Persephone1:
grin cheesy grin cheesy I don't hesitate to tell them maybe i will do it more often. cheesy grin

Although I must confess directives like "pray and fast " isn't mostly from a place of religion but to pepper them grin grin grin

True believers know how to sort out marital problems within themselves through the help of the HOLY SPIRIT who is the true guide. And all through years and centuries, God has always settled every form of problem that may arise among HIS CHILDREN.
The same God that made clear that He does not answer the prayers/pleas/cries/worries of the unrighteous; The same God that in so many words made clear that every offering, prayer, gift, "good work", even praise addressed to Him by an unrighteous is an unacceptable abomination to Him? undecided

Na wa o! Make una dey stop to dey tell these lies wey dey make God look like a glorified celestial nut case abeg! undecided
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Nobody: 12:46am On May 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The same God that made clear that He does not answer the prayers/pleas/cries/worries of the unrighteous; The same God that in so many words made clear that every offering, prayer, gift, "good work", even praise addressed to Him by an unrighteous is an unacceptable abomination to Him? Na wa o! undecided
"God has always settled every form of problem that may arise among HIS CHILDREN."

I intentionally capitalized 'his children ' o . Aside this even as an unbeliever if you acknowledge God and tender your case before him, He will respond. It's the grace Jesus Christ has given to all. Part of this grace is why sun shines on all individual, plant grows for all, rain falls for all and air is free.

God is not wicked, nah you dey judge him from far.
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by cococandy(f): 12:47am On May 19, 2023
Off topic
RenegadeX:
Most of you discussing above should go and join the convent and leave men and the women that like them like that alone. Because any small thing your husband does in marriage will be seen as trying to prove superior and subdue you in the process.

Husband love your wives

The problem with you ladies of now is that you want all the loving and pampering but when it comes to the point of fulfilling your end of the bargain which is ā€œsubmittingā€ that where they start debate of men and women being equal and crazy feministic crap.

While courting the man you saw everything that you think you might not be comfortable with yet you proceeded. In marriage you still submit to him whether he gambles or gets drunk. Kneel down and cry that you donā€™t like what he is doing and tell him the repercussions of the habits calmly. He will stop

But as feminist and ladies carrying baggages, hurt and bitterness from your previous 20+ toxic relationships. You will transfer your vile and anger on the man. That is no submission. And we men hate when our ego is bruised with your vile tongues. That thing you are saying we shouldnā€™t do with insults and nagging instead of the calm approach we will triple down on it since una no won get sense.

No matter how beastly a man is a woman can have his remote control anytime if she wise but how many you are wise these days.

2 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Nobody: 3:36am On May 19, 2023
cococandy:
Off topic

Off course why wonā€™t it be to you cheesy
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by cococandy(f): 3:47am On May 19, 2023
RenegadeX:

Off course why wonā€™t it be to you cheesy

But it is off topic. The question is not whether the wife is to submit or not. is it?

The question is why do men feel comfortable advising women to pray for husbands who are not adhering to their marital vows whereas they themselves donā€™t tolerate such behavior much less pray for such wives.

In your book of definitions does submission mean that the man can misbehave and their wife has to tolerate it? Because thatā€™s what your off topic response is implying. Learn to stay on topic

4 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by FairlyUSEDpussy: 4:34am On May 19, 2023
CHoccolaTE:

Interesting, show me verses that instruct women to pray for their husbands.

Check this few verses first......
Proverbs 16:3. ...
Romans 8:9. ...
Colossians 3:2. ...
Philippians 4:8-9. ...
Philippians 4:5-7. ...
Romans 15:13. ...
Proverbs 2:6-8.
smiley
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by CHoccolaTE: 8:58am On May 19, 2023
RenegadeX:

Husband love your wives

@bold,
At the expense of your children's wellbeing?
By the way, calm approach does not work with all men, some men take advantage of their wife's calmness and assume that she can't do anything apart from complain calmly.
They aľso double down on their bad behavior even with calmness and submission. I have seen several cases like that in real life

1 Like

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by CHoccolaTE: 9:01am On May 19, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Check this few verses first......
Proverbs 16:3. ...
Romans 8:9. ...
Colossians 3:2. ...
Philippians 4:8-9. ...
Philippians 4:5-7. ...
Romans 15:13. ...
Proverbs 2:6-8.
smiley

I am just angry with myself for assuming you were serious and wasting my time and data to google those verses.

3 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Klass99(f): 9:06am On May 19, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by CHoccolaTE: 9:08am On May 19, 2023
cococandy:

This is the second comment Iā€™m seeing within the past hour talking about how women are easy to possess by demons etc. who came up with that? How was it measured? Smh

You people have refused to acknowledge how deeply deeply hateful you are towards women and how you use every opportunity you have create anti-women spaces within your religious communities.

That's one thing I can't wrap my head around.
Why are so many men hateful and full of disdain for women and anything female?
Women are mostly peaceful and not violent an d problematic. We have more empathy and we are more emotionally mature and understanding.
Or is there a problem in males that predisposes many of them to act like violent sociopaths towards those they perceive as lesser or weaker than them?

Option B seems more likely to me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by CHoccolaTE: 9:09am On May 19, 2023
Klass99:

I logged in just to laugh at this and laugh at you grin That guy's username alone indicates he is not someone to be taken seriously.

cry cry cry
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by kkins25(m): 9:51am On May 19, 2023
cococandy:

Genesis 3:16,
Bible passage (Revised Standard Version)
16 To the woman he said,

ā€œI will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing;

in pain you shall bring forth children,

yet your desire shall be for your husband,

and he shall rule over you.ā€

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Bend the knee woman!!! grin grin grin
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by Klass99(f): 11:48am On May 19, 2023

1 Like

Re: Explain This Thing To Me by bukatyne(f): 2:03pm On May 19, 2023
Persephone1:
grin cheesy grin cheesy

I don't hesitate to tell them maybe i will do it more often. cheesy grin

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Explain This Thing To Me by bukatyne(f): 2:08pm On May 19, 2023
Klass99:
Bukatyne I've found the link to the husband's story/narrative. I mean Debrief's hubby.

I'm feeling like an expert research pro right now cheesy. Clap for me and enjoy reading.

https://www.nairaland.com/959965/men-learn-mistakes#11063528

Below is an intriguing quote from 2012 by the husband. A quote I'm afraid is still a reality today

Let me clap šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ for you first, you deserve the accolades kiss

You have been searching for this thread for ages. cheesy

I will go through the thread.

His post is true na. Simple 1st Peter, Men are told that their prayers would not be answered if they don't treat their wives right. In Malachi 2, God said He hates divorce and went further to say men that 'betrayed' the wives of their youth I.e. discarding their marital vows and discarding the old wife for someone younger.

It could be the consequences of their actions that makes some of them not to enjoy the fruit of their labour or be despised in old age.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Loved Ones Ashes Swirled In Glass. Yes or no? / #TAGTHATRAPIST!!! Have You Been Raped Before? Please Share Your Experience / Are Working Women Bad Mothers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.