Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,973 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

I Stand With Seun Kuti - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Stand With Seun Kuti (482 Views)

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say / Aliyah Kuti: 15-Year-Old Girl Missing In Lagos (Photos) / “I Stand With Hushpuppi” — Bobrisky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stand With Seun Kuti by lakezone67(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
This is why.

I was in my friend's house late last year in Ilorin, Kwara state when Police officers came knocking, after searching everywhere without finding a thing to implicate us with, they managed to collect my friend's phone and his brother's, I resisted civilly and they got away with their phones. When they followed them to the station to retrieve their phones, they insisted on seeing me first. So I had to show up, on getting there, I was seriously beaten
and tasered multiple times for doing NOTHING wrong. They then forced my friends to write statements that they were internet fraudsters, despite my friends denying for several hours that they weren't and despite having found absolutely no evidence whatsoever either at their home or on their phones, they also forced me to write that I was a witness to it. Before they collected 80k from my friend for the 3 of us. This is without doing anything.

A few weeks after, my friend's brother was stopped on the bike yet again, nothing was found on him or on his phone, but they said he was being confrontational hence he was whisked away to the state's headquarters without doing anything at all. There they tried to force him to implicate himself in statements again, his refusal made him spend 2 nights at the headquarters cells without doing anything, in the end, without a choice, he complied and was bailed for 50k. This read is long enough so I won't go into details how money for the 2 bails were got but you can imagine.
I know this happens to thousands of youths everyday in the hands of this police force rotten the core.

I don't know what happened in the incident with Seun but he posted thereafter that the cop endangered his family, with evidence, and has apologized and even had people beg him not to press charges.

I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THIS BECAUSE OF WHAT I HAVE SEEN PERPETRATED BY THE NPF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by zoedew: 5:38pm On May 17, 2023
See the video.
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by OloyeVIII: 12:23pm On May 18, 2023
Oga no be to come here talk rubbish, go outside and slap a policeman. Then you go really stand with am... Inside cell.
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:14am On May 19, 2023
OloyeVIII:
Oga no be to come here talk rubbish, go outside and slap a policeman. Then you go really stand with am... Inside cell.
I tire for the guy, he dey inside internet dey stand.go the station go stand with Seun.
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by drmikeadams(m): 8:16am On May 20, 2023
grin
lakezone67:
This is why.

I was in my friend's house late last year in Ilorin, Kwara state when Police officers came knocking, after searching everywhere without finding a thing to implicate us with, they managed to collect my friend's phone and his brother's, I resisted civilly and they got away with their phones. When they followed them to the station to retrieve their phones, they insisted on seeing me first. So I had to show up, on getting there, I was seriously beaten
and tasered multiple times for doing NOTHING wrong. They then forced my friends to write statements that they were internet fraudsters, despite my friends denying for several hours that they weren't and despite having found absolutely no evidence whatsoever either at their home or on their phones, they also forced me to write that I was a witness to it. Before they collected 80k from my friend for the 3 of us. This is without doing anything.

A few weeks after, my friend's brother was stopped on the bike yet again, nothing was found on him or on his phone, but they said he was being confrontational hence he was whisked away to the state's headquarters without doing anything at all. There they tried to force him to implicate himself in statements again, his refusal made him spend 2 nights at the headquarters cells without doing anything, in the end, without a choice, he complied and was bailed for 50k. This read is long enough so I won't go into details how money for the 2 bails were got but you can imagine.
I know this happens to thousands of youths everyday in the hands of this police force rotten the core.

I don't know what happened in the incident with Seun but he posted thereafter that the cop endangered his family, with evidence, and has apologized and even had people beg him not to press charges.

I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THIS BECAUSE OF WHAT I HAVE SEEN PERPETRATED BY THE NPF
... failed nation in all ramifications
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by NaijaGoBetter2: 8:20am On May 20, 2023
I like your courage to make it better you can go to Police HQ and slap one police or drag gun with one.

The we can create hashtag #IStandWithSeunKuti
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by Illegal1(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2023
Omoh.......una no like the op ooh..
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by ipobarecriminals: 10:22am On May 20, 2023
sad U aren't a true friend of Seun.Find one operation MESA hilux, go near and SLAP anybody u see inside/outside or if u see any 👮, whooze am SLAP cool and tell him He deny craze, he dey Mad. That's how to stand with Seun not sitting inside ur room
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by Nice2023(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2023
I stand with the police.
Re: I Stand With Seun Kuti by Babamide(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2023
You for make official complaint of all these your encounters and back it up online. We all know the Nigerian Police Force is full of criminals

(1) (Reply)

Ritual Killings Becomes A Disturbing Pattern Amongst Nigerians Mostly Teenagers / Anambra JTF Arrests 14 Persons Terrorising Onitsha, Environs With Army Unifo / Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.