Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Is It Possible To Recover A Transfer Made To A Wrong Fintech Agent Cistomer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible To Recover A Transfer Made To A Wrong Fintech Agent Cistomer (674 Views)

International Transfer Made Easy / How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Recover A Transfer Made To A Wrong Fintech Agent Cistomer by Jiokejohn: 10:21pm On May 17, 2023
I need advice or guidance on how to recover a monetary transfer made to the wrong account.

Owing to the cash crunch we experience earlier in the year, many people recourse to POS merchant operators as an alternative.

The issue got messier when it becomes difficult to make financial transactions with Bank Apps. Many of us take to Fintech Apps to salvage the situation.

I mistakenly transfer money to the wrong Palmpay POS Agent account on two different occasions (March 29th and 21st of April) but have yet to get my money back after calling both Palmpay and Opay customer care and following the directives they gave me.

The POS operator is in a fixed location (she stays in a shop) in the Ogun state where I work. On the first occasion, I went to transfer some money via my Opay App in exchange for Cash as usual with charges being paid. Having been running a series of transactions with the App, I ask her to call her account number because it will take me a while to extract it from my transaction history while I input the figures into my phone. I input 9550476175 (Real Acc. No.) Palmpay gave me the usual beneficiary's name, Glory Mount Bush (Not Her Real Name. I don't want to make someone's name public) so, I completed the transaction successfully. After waiting for almost an hour for the money to be credited to her Palmpay account but to no avail, I left because it was in the evening. The next day, I came back to know the status of the transaction, and she told me that she hasn't been credited. She showed me her transaction history. I resolved that either it reversed or they credit to her account and continue doing financial transactions with her whenever I pass through her shop while we await the fate of the transaction. On 21st April I went there for my usual financial transaction as we were discussing the disputed transaction, I opened my Opay App once again to show her the details and status of the transaction. So, I extracted the account information and launched another transaction successfully. Behold, it failed to be credited again after a long time. It was when we became so inquisitive to know the cause that we noticed the slight difference in the account numbers. The authentic account number is 9550041675 (Real Acc. No.) Palmpay. But to our chagrin, the names are perfectly the same Glory Mount Bush (Once again, not her real name) in the same arrangements.

The POS Agent was very surprised how come someone else will bear exactly her three names and in the same arrangement with nearly similar account numbers (9550476175 and 9550041675) and the same Palmpay. We called Palmpay and explain what happened. They acknowledged that though the names are the same but belong to different personalities because they have their Biodata. I was advised to complain to Opay through which the process of refund will be initiated. I called Opay and explain everything to them. They said the process will take about 4 working days. After 3 weeks, I called Opay again and they told me that the owner of the account has not authorized them to recall the money from her account.

Please experts in the house, is there no other way to have that money returned or I should wait endlessly for the owner to authorize it?

It still beats my imagination how such a mistake was made and it coincides perfectly with people that bear the same names in the same arrangements.

NB: Palmpay refused to give me access to the oowner'sphone number. I understand that Agents are assigned special account numbers instead of usual phone numbers knocking off the first zero digit.

(1) (Reply)

16 Best Cloud Mining Websites For Daily Payouts In 2023 Read More: 16 Best Clou / Fingerlings And Juveniles Available! / Abuse Of Private Placement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.