Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria (68719 Views)

States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / Nigerian State Capitals That Are More Popular Than Their States / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Method147(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2023
Abia government House is still under rentage since the creation of Abia state in 1991.

quote author=OVB123 post=123224048]I have been reasoning, having traveled to most state capitals in Nigeria and seening how underdevelop most capital cities are, it is pertinent to state the list of the most underveloped capital cities in Nigeria by geo-political zone:

(1) south east - Umuahia (Abia state).

(2) South south - Yenogoa (Bayelsa state).

(3) South west - Ado ekiti (Ekiti state).

(4) North central - Lokoja (Kogi state).

(5) North east - Damaturu (Yobe state).

(6) North west - Gusau (Zamfara state).

What is your opinion on this rating? Please no insult guys.[/quote]
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 8:57pm On May 19, 2023
Lekan239:
south west should be oshogbo. Not Ado
Alot of people had been saying Oshogbo but I still think that Ado Ekiti is the worst state capital in south west geopolitical zone.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 8:58pm On May 19, 2023
andy244:

Owerri is below Ikeja Portharcourt and few state capitals but from what you wrote im very sure you have not visited owerri before or have anyone to tell you about one of the best ( planned) cities in Nigeria. Owerri has almost all the things you mentioned above and in some cases the best. Try to visit or ask questions.
u
Okay.Yenagoa person can come here and say Yenagoa is more developed than Owerri but tell him to bring proof.Then you will see him bringing escuses and telling you to visit.
There are videos,images, etc of USA,UK etc that made everybody know that they are more developed than even Nigeria and South Africa combined.
Name the stadia,malls,GRA,research centres,skyscrapper etc that Owerri has for you to want to compare it with Ibadan,Lagos,P/harcourt or even Kano.

Ibadan city has some stadia and 2 Olympic size stadia namely Adamasingba stadium and Lekan Salami stadium.

Let us start from there and you will see that Ibadan will beat the whole Igboland.

Best places in Owerri
Just look at how scanty,desolate and dirty it is with scanty buildings.Like 2,3 buildings per 2km or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CfFVvrFNOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRZJL35eWxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-SBTfNC6M
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 9:00pm On May 19, 2023
frozen70:

You see that No 2
They are just behind interms of development

I was there and I saw things myself

They just love clubbing that's all they like and the youths there are behaving as if government is taking care of their future

Too lazy to hustle and struggle
It is unfortunate my dear.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by forgiveness: 9:00pm On May 19, 2023
Workch:
Port harcourt is not 390km, it data should be for just Phalga and Obio akpo. If you add port harcourt metropolitan surburbs, it's as big as the Wole of lagos mainland. I can prove it

You need to add eleme, obigbo, Port harcourt is large. Just that a lot of Yorubas hardly travel, so you rely on internet a lot

So it's not as big as the whole Lagos again, na whole of Lagos Mainland. My friend, Epe or Ikorodu alone is times 3 of the whole Port Harcourt even if we add Eleme, Obigbo 100km² and 260km² respectively, they not up to Epe or Ikorodu town. Educate yourself.

I have been to Owerri more than 100 times. Infact, I lived in the east for almost a decade.

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Nchenches: 9:05pm On May 19, 2023
andy244:

Owerri is below Ikeja Portharcourt and few state capitals but from what you wrote im very sure you have not visited owerri before or have anyone to tell you about one of the best ( planned) cities in Nigeria. Owerri has almost all the things you mentioned above and in some cases the best. Try to visit or ask questions.

Owerri is a city which 'STOLE' the federal allocations of the 27 LGAs of Imo state since 1996 to achieve Old Owerri, New Owerri and possible 3rd, 4th or even more Owerris. The rest of Imo state is retreating to 19th Century level because of the way all government institutions of development and infrastructures in Imo state are dragged to be located in Owerri by greedy politicians from Owerri senatorial district. Their gain is selling Owerri lands and become millionaires overnight. State governors demolish and expand roads and drainages upandan in Owerri only. People of other sections of Imo state use their own money to build their own roads and drainages.
Owerri people devised another trick: they tell every new governor to develop Owerri to Dubai level for Nd'Imo, before attention is paid by government to any other city in Imo state. Inept governors agree to the roguish directive.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 9:08pm On May 19, 2023
tunjijones:

Which area in ibadan have you being to and when?
Egbon, you can not compare Ibadan to Kano city. The later is ahead of the formal infrastructurally, expecially the state capital.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by placeofallure(f): 9:09pm On May 19, 2023
Workch:
No state capital in Nigeria is developed, they are all pieces of shit including ikeja and Port harcourt by global standard but the worst I have visited are as follows:

1. Lokoja (this one na dead place)
2. Lafia (na only two dualized road dey for here)
3. Ado Ekiti (mtcheew)
4 Umuahia (the government here is sleeping)
5. Yenegoa (this place na total disgrace).
6. Awka ( it's an expressway capital with 3 flyovers and 2 dualized roads)

The best I have visited by Nigerian standard are:
1. Port harcourt
2. Enugu
3. Ibadan
4. Owerri
5. Ilorin
6. Ikeja

Ps: I have not visited Kaduna and Kano state.

This submission is greatly a biased one. Why should Ikeja be 6th ? I know both Ilorin and Enugu like the palm of my hands. They come nowhere near Ikeja.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 9:13pm On May 19, 2023
Agugbadin:

Lokoja is really the worst,I don't know why the governors abandoned Lokoja,since the early 90's there has been no changes in infrastructural development.
If you have ever lived with an Igalla, Ebirra and Okun people before now, you will know the reason why that state is least developed.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by yinkbell: 9:16pm On May 19, 2023
Workch:
Procter and Gamble,
Nigerian breweries.
Nigerian bottling company, Asejire, few kilometers from Ibadan.
7up bottling company Oluyole.

Emzor pharmaceutical, Jericho Ibadan.
Neimeth pharmaceutical Ibadan.

These are basically the major industries in Nigeria. Ibadan also has many local industries, more than Enugu.

You forget to add Yale( Summal Foods)
Jansawl A plastic factory and many more at Oluyole Industrial Estate.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by pheranme9(m): 9:20pm On May 19, 2023
Nothing dey Ilorin abeg oooo
Very useless state
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by NwekereNdokl: 9:22pm On May 19, 2023
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by dreamxhaser: 9:29pm On May 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
The Best capital cities are(in this order)
Owerri
Enugu
Port Harcourt (soots brought it down)
Ikeja
Uyo
Abakaliki (Still underperforming in real estate)
Calabar
Awka
Jos
Asaba
Benin (too many old buildings)
The middle ones are
Makurdi
Umuahia
Akure
Yola
Kaduna
Kano(Sharia brought it down)
Abeokuta
Ilorin

The worst are
Ado ekiti
Ibadan
Lokoja
Gombe
Damaturu
Yenegoa
Osogbo
Sokoto
Dutse
Maiduguri
Gusau
Minna
Lafia

You know nothing

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by olatuns2017: 9:33pm On May 19, 2023
OVB123:
I have been reasoning, having traveled to most state capitals in Nigeria and seening how underdevelop most capital cities are, it is pertinent to state the list of the most underveloped capital cities in Nigeria by geo-political zone:

(1) south east - Umuahia (Abia state).

(2) South south - Yenogoa (Bayelsa state).

(3) South west - Ado ekiti (Ekiti state).

(4) North central - Lokoja (Kogi state).

(5) North east - Damaturu (Yobe state).

(6) North west - Gusau (Zamfara state).

What is your opinion on this rating? Please no insult guys.

Anambra nko?
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by femtex007(m): 9:33pm On May 19, 2023
Penguin2:

You are right.

Enugu is such a beautiful and lovely place.

But I think Uyo should make your list though.
Which enugu? Enugu that this present governor has messed up
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 9:34pm On May 19, 2023
alimiadedayo1:
well, I may not know about kano because I am not conversant there but always lemme tell you the truth ibadan has infrasture. sometimes u cannot compare city together because of some factors.. IBadan as a city is larger than kano in terms of land mass.. Its very hard for any government in the state to develop the city uniformally..
I agree with you on this summission but at thisame time, I still know that Kano is ahead of Ibadan. Try to pay a visit to Kano city and see things for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Absuchat(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2023
Skmoda:

Nons.ense human being.....
Under bridge product
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by damoobaba: 9:44pm On May 19, 2023
Workch:
No state capital in Nigeria is developed, they are all pieces of shit including ikeja and Port harcourt by global standard but the worst I have visited are as follows:

1. Lokoja (this one na dead place)
2. Lafia (na only two dualized road dey for here)
3. Ado Ekiti (mtcheew)
4 Umuahia (the government here is sleeping)
5. Yenegoa (this place na total disgrace).
6. Awka ( it's an expressway capital with 3 flyovers and 2 dualized roads)

The best I have visited by Nigerian standard are:
1. Port harcourt
2. Enugu
3. Ibadan
4. Owerri
5. Ilorin
6. Ikeja

Ps: I have not visited Kaduna and Kano state.

And you add Ibadan to that list. Dont fall inside the gutter at Iwo road, na Covid straight.

Those micra cars are damn annoying
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 9:46pm On May 19, 2023
SPRINCE001:
Remove ADO-EKITI from that list dude.

I hails from delta and I have visited at least 20states in Nigeria their Capital city inclusive and I must tell you all that ADO-EKITI looks clean, developed, well planned and prospect than many state capital In Nigeria.
If we remove Ado ekiti as the least develop city in south west geopolitical zone, which state will replace her.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 9:48pm On May 19, 2023
Very correct
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2023
OVB123:
If we remove Ado ekiti as the least develop city in south west geopolitical zone, which state will replace her.
Don't mind him.I served in Ekiti state and I will say Ado Ekiti is highly underdeveloped

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by forgiveness: 9:50pm On May 19, 2023
Workch:
the distance from Boro camp to oyigbo in port Harcourt is farther than from constain to Ikorodu in Lagos.

These are two straight lines, Port harcourt is large, very large. Don't depend on internet. Port harcourt is as large as the whole of lagos mainland.

Try dey travel

So, 1hr:30mins from Costain to Ikorodu is lesser than 1hr:4mins from Boro to Oyingbo according to your own arithmetic? grin

I have been to Port Harcourt several times. That was how you claimed Anthony is not in Ikeja before I corrected you. Port Harcourt is not almost the size of Lagos state. Stop lying.

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Drbolie(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2023
Until you mention BENUE State your list is not complete yet.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Thoceen: 9:55pm On May 19, 2023
100% correct
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 10:00pm On May 19, 2023
olatuns2017:

Anambra nko?
Are u saying that Umuahia is better than Awka?
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by casualobserver: 10:02pm On May 19, 2023
Olril18:

Ado is not better than Osogbo.
Osogbo is a decent place.

I have only been to Osogbo once, same with Ado. From what I saw Ado seemed to be a better place.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by bizhop01: 10:04pm On May 19, 2023
Nigeria it's self is underdeveloped that governed by sick people's
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 10:10pm On May 19, 2023
GeneralDae:

Kano, Kaduna, Uyo, Jos, ranks ahead of Ibadan.
Post 10 different beautiful places in Kano,Kaduna,Uyo,Jos and let us compare.
I have posted 15 different places in Ibadan including 2 of its more than 10 GRAs and I still have more.
Oya let's go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5cTJ__o_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32VZT99kUQE

KOLAPO ISHOLA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRSDE-im3s

OLUYOLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mpaAoK1Do

Olivia Ilozue talk on few properties in Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3VN1ZbJZw

Westlink Iconic Villa Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwGG5sAyc3k

One of the commercial hubs in Ibadan....AKALA EXPRESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqRvFnQWafM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqnps1-093M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftA8UOWBR2M

IBADAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RITI0SIL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLUfQUKXZU

Mokola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFmAdbERxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWxBzX5eFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSQ3mbLIGbQ
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Olril18(m): 10:11pm On May 19, 2023
casualobserver:

I have only been to Osogbo once, same with Ado. From what I saw Ado seemed to be a better place.
Haa bro 😊😊
Honestly I’m not being biased,right now Ado is no where near Osogbo o.
Depends on where you went to or passed in Osogbo as well.
But in sw,Osogbo is honestly one of the better capital cities.
Let me give you an example,you hardly see an Osogbo indigene going to stay in Ado-ekiti,except,the person is either a farmer or maybe through marriage.
There are countless indigenous Ekiti people in Osogbo,either traders,artisans or even civil servants.
Ado-ekiti has nothing to offer an average Osogbo indigene,who did rather go to Lagos,or at most ogun state.most especially the Ota axis.
Osogbo is not any where the best,but it’s a very decent place.

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:11pm On May 19, 2023
Pascal9:
you have not beem there

The place I was almost robbed at night as I land from Abuja then? grin

My guy, I can't count the numbers of times I have to Owerri. Beautiful parts dey, Rough parts dey.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:14pm On May 19, 2023
Pascal9:
it's a lie or you are biased or you don't like good thing or you hate beautiful environment, or just pure hatred.because if one hates his wife, even a sweet food is bitter

In terms of beauty, Owerri is okay but in terms of development, it is not the best in Nigeria.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 10:19pm On May 19, 2023
forgiveness:

Bhuhahahahaha! Owerri more developed than Ikeja, Port Harcourt etc. What a joke.

What infrastructures are in Owerri? Does it have transportation system like airport, BRT, train etc?

How many five star hotels, restaurants, secondary schools exit in Owerri?

How many Industries, factories, multinationals etc are in Owerri?

How many world class health care centers, hospitals etc are in Owerri?

How many highbrow areas, estates etc are in Owerri? grin

How many malls, supermarkets, grocery stores etc are in Owerri?

How many recreational centers, stadiums, golf courses, polo clubs, cinemas etc are in Owerri? grin

Ikeja comprises of Allen, Opebi, Omole, Ojodu, Maryland, GRA, Anthony, Onigbongbo, Alausa, Magodo, Ogba, Agidingbi, Oregun etc.

What about Owerri? grin

The most developed state capital in terms of infrastructures are listed in this order.

1. Ikeja
2. Port Harcourt
3. Ibadan
4. Kano
5. Kaduna
6. Enugu
7. Abeokuta
8. Jos
9. Uyo
10. Ilorin
11. Owerri
Anthony is not ikeja am not sure matbr under somolu, ojodu is not , ogba , magodo Gra omole are not under ikeja LG o

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) / The Moment A Ship Sank In Port Harcourt, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.