Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria (68826 Views)

States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / Nigerian State Capitals That Are More Popular Than Their States / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by cardoctor(m): 1:22am On May 20, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
Kogi is Worse

Is Kogi a State Capital?

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Pkid1: 1:55am On May 20, 2023
forgiveness:

Port Harcourt is just 390km². How can it be almost the size of Lagos that is 3,577km²?

Epe alone is 3 times bigger than Port Harcourt not to talk of Lagos? Abeg make una dey make findings before talking.
Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria oga
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by tunjijones(m): 5:14am On May 20, 2023
OVB123:
Egbon, you can not compare Ibadan to Kano city. The later is ahead of the formal infrastructurally, expecially the state capital.

I have never been to Kano. And it was not Kano I was comparing it to. It's Enugu. Ibadan is far far ahead of Enugu. After Lagos , port Harcourt and Kano, Ibadan is the most industrialise city in Nigeria. If you have not been to ibadan before I don't expect you to believe. That was why I asked you where you know in ibadan.

I suspect you have never been to ibadan before.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 5:32am On May 20, 2023
Armaggedon:

[b] The worst are

Ado ekiti
Ibadan
Lokoja
Gombe
Damaturu
Yenegoa
Osogbo
Sokoto
Dutse
Maiduguri
Gusau
Minna
Lafia
If Ibadan is not among your best Capital cities, You just Hating.

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 6:20am On May 20, 2023
Pascal9:
the oil in south East can develop the whole of south East if the thiefing sw and north remove their hands, then add the gas which the S East have in surplus, Dubai will be a child play, you people are dragging us back joo!
lol
All the oil in the SE is not up to that of Ondo state only.
Igboland is a parasite region in the South.

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 6:28am On May 20, 2023
spencekat:
Don't mind him.I served in Ekiti state and I will say Ado Ekiti is highly underdeveloped
You are entitle to your opionion.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:28am On May 20, 2023
dreamxhaser:

You know nothing

A ton of nothing. grin
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 6:32am On May 20, 2023
tunjijones:

I have never been to Kano. And it was not Kano I was comparing it to. It's Enugu. Ibadan is far far ahead of Enugu. After Lagos , port Harcourt and Kano, Ibadan is the most industrialise city in Nigeria. If you have not been to ibadan before I don't expect you to believe. That was why I asked you where you know in ibadan.

I suspect you have never been to ibadan before.
Ibadan is ahead of enugu, ooo yes! but not kano city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by DECLAN2015(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2023
Workch:
No state capital in Nigeria is developed, they are all pieces of shit including ikeja and Port harcourt by global standard but the worst I have visited are as follows:

1. Lokoja (this one na dead place)
2. Lafia (na only two dualized road dey for here)
3. Ado Ekiti (mtcheew)
4 Umuahia (the government here is sleeping)
5. Yenegoa (this place na total disgrace).
6. Awka ( it's an expressway capital with 3 flyovers and 2 dualized roads)

The best I have visited by Nigerian standard are:
1. Port harcourt
2. Enugu
3. Ibadan
4. Owerri
5. Ilorin
6. Ikeja

Ps: I have not visited Kaduna and Kano state.

Add benin to the first list but thanks for oshio sha
That place is a shithole

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by frozen70(f): 6:58am On May 20, 2023
OVB123:
It is unfortunate my dear.

Very soon unfortunate
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by mistacoco2: 6:58am On May 20, 2023
Olat4421:
abeokuta is a amazing place forget it
bro you and know that Abeokuta is filled with dilapidated buildings and brown roofs

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by DECLAN2015(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2023
Workch:
Port harcourt is not 390km, it data should be for just Phalga and Obio akpo. If you add port harcourt metropolitan surburbs, it's as big as the Wole of lagos mainland. I can prove it

You need to add eleme, obigbo, Port harcourt is large. Just that a lot of Yorubas hardly travel, so you rely on internet a lot

Like most of you can not help it
And too proud to be corrected
There is no port harcourt alone ll be bigger than a while state
And secondly what do you meant by they "don't travel"
That we don't fancy going to unknown gun man zone

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Sunnyhillsfarms: 7:19am On May 20, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

So the legacy of Donald Duke and and Liyel Imoke has been rubbished by that short dwarf called Ben Ayade. Lady time I visited Calabar was in 2013 and it was sparkling clean and neat, lodged in one nice hotel around Mary slessor junction called 'Pentagon' or is it 'Picadilly'...Name starts with a P...I can't remember now. Clean babes everywhere.
Calabar looks like a ghost town now..
No electricity,dirty everywhere...
Like they just abandoned all the tourist potentials of that State..
Obudu cattle ranch is worse.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by detectivejones: 7:32am On May 20, 2023
Op your list is incomplete. Makurdi (Benue)
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 7:32am On May 20, 2023
OVB123:
Ibadan is ahead of enugu, ooo yes! but not kano city.
Ibadan is ahead of Kano infrastructurally.
I am sure you cannot post10 good videos of Kano.
Kano is a great and beautiful place,though.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by OVB123: 7:47am On May 20, 2023
Blackdisciple:
As expected but i didn't see Osun and Ogun State on the list..
Someone should say otherwise pls...
I have stated it countless number of time, that the report is about the worst state capital of each geopolitical zones.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 7:48am On May 20, 2023
brain54:

My point is…

Ibadan does not qualify as an industrialized city!
You are not really making sense. And I believe you have no idea what industrialised mean...

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 7:52am On May 20, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Niger is the worst Northern state that i have visited. No single road network. My journey from minna to katagora was horrible.

Niger is a complete waste of land resources. Nothing will make you happy about that state... I passed through there on my way to Kebbi and I shook my head....
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by forgiveness: 8:11am On May 20, 2023
Workch:
it's you that needs education because you have never left southwest in your life. You are depending on Google for something someone actually know. Education is in traveling

Before dem born you, I have been traveling to major cities in Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by yusluvad(m): 8:27am On May 20, 2023
manny4u:
North Central.
Lafia is terrible for a capital city.
Minna is not that good too.
Forget lokoja the aura and atmosphere alone oozes of nonsense.

North west
Gusau the name suggest its gutter.
Sokoto that one is just there.

North East
Except for maiduguri and gombe the rest are rubbish.

South South
Yenagoa is over rated.
Benin too many old buildings.

South East.
Umuahia is rubbish.
Abakaliki is picking up compared to the last time I was there.
Awka could still do better.
Owerri is not that bad.

I have been to all the states in Nigeria so I am talking from experience.
Thanks for this apt information...
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by caandi: 8:28am On May 20, 2023
OVB123:
Well said my Bro. The only dissagreement I can see here is Ibadan, she should be replace with Kano or Uyo city.
I wonder how Ibadan made his list with a lot of brown roofs there and conjoined buildings
The place looks like how Lagos would have been during my grandpa’s youthful days
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by caandi: 8:31am On May 20, 2023
Sltp:
Among all the states I've been to, the least developed capital or major city is Lokoja. In fact, there's no single city in the state. Could this be a result of failed government?
the place looks like a playing ground abandoned zone
That’s why you see kogites politicians going to Abj to build their houses
And the have huge land mass in kogi o
The state is nothing to write home about and the capital is the worse I’ve ever seen!
There’s this feeling of disdain and desolation you get when you step your feet there
May God help them !
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by caandi: 8:34am On May 20, 2023
Borntosmoke:

You put Enugu in best and you put ibadan in worst. Enugu wey I serve, wey be sey everywhere dirty like mad.
lies and more lies
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Pascal9: 8:39am On May 20, 2023
Ofemannnu:

lol
All the oil in the SE is not up to that of Ondo state only.
Igboland is a parasite region in the South.
it is enough for us, we are ok with what we have

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by GetSenseNow: 9:42am On May 20, 2023
Airlord2030:
the people doing that are igbos and you will wonder why they can't stay in their owerri instead of running to portharcourt
You're an absolute idiot. People from every region are adding Owerri to the list but you, being a tribalistic bastard, have to add tribalism and foolishness to the post.

I live in Owerri and I spend at least 1 week every month in port harcourt. Owerri is better, just that things, especially foodstuff, are more expensive in Owerri than in port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by GetSenseNow: 9:43am On May 20, 2023
forgiveness:

Answer the questions presented to you. Remember, this is about the most developed state capitals in Nigeria, not most quiet and beautiful.

Ikeja, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna etc are more developed than Owerri. Fact.
You even asses Ibadan to the list 🤣🤣
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by PoloG: 10:04am On May 20, 2023
Pascal9:
the oil in south East can develop the whole of south East if the thiefing sw and north remove their hands, then add the gas which the S East have in surplus, Dubai will be a child play, you people are dragging us back joo!
which dirty oil dey SE?

e be like say akpu don block your brain
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Pascal9: 10:06am On May 20, 2023
PoloG:
which dirty oil dey SE?

e be like say akpu don block your brain
an ignorant man is a fool

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by PoloG: 10:18am On May 20, 2023
Pascal9:
an ignorant man is a fool
ondo state has more oil than your tiny landlocked region

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

A Man & The 2 Ladies He Was Carrying Die In An Accident In Sapele, Delta (Photos / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.