Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm (6272 Views)

The Dimensions And Tips For Rest On Every Side / How Russian & Ukraine War Explain The Spiritual Realm Vividly / Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:00pm On May 26, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Lol, it’s really amusing watching you writing absolute nonsense confidently.
What a STUPID strategy: please write your OWN thesis and let's see how your IGNORANCE is made manifest.

Borrow wisdom here:
Your aim should be to take the subject and Logically push it to a SOUND conclusion !

But dummies think slander is what makes them win an argument!

If there isn't anything else you have to say, please get off my mention!
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 3:02pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

I defined Dimensions and many more to you my dear.

Check below if I didn't answer you well

Also it is good to question science, that is the only way to the development and advancement of science.

But this thing is a 2 way end, the way you are questioning science, you should also question your religion.
Question both ends, so you can remove the chaff from wheat on BOTH sides then there will be more clarity.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 26, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:09pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

Dribbling around.
It simply means length, breadth and height and so on. Something that can be MEASURED in a particular way.
Stupidity exemplified!

I gave you a full definition of Dimensions and all you could do is to reduce it into length,breath and height!

Let me help you out by reposting it so that you can ask yourself if what you wrote here is not just a tiny subset of my definition!

Let me oblige you so that we can move forward!

Definition Dimensions:
1. In mathematics and physics, a dimension refers to the number of independent directions or coordinates required to describe an object or space . It provides a quantitative measure of the extent or complexity of a system.

2. In the context of geometry, the term "dimension" often refers to spatial dimensions. For example, in two-dimensional (2D) space, two coordinates (such as length and width) are needed to specify the position of an object. In three-dimensional (3D) space, three coordinates (length, width, and height) are required. Higher-dimensional spaces, such as four-dimensional (4D) spacetime in physics, involve additional independent directions.

3. Dimensions can also be abstract and apply to other mathematical structures beyond physical space. For instance, a vector space may have a finite number of dimensions or even an infinite number of dimensions.

In general, the concept of dimension provides a framework for understanding the properties, relationships, and complexity of objects and spaces in various mathematical, geometric, and physical contexts.

Since you have nothing more to say, please go and study some more!
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:10pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

Also it is good to question science, that is the only way to the development and advancement of science.

But this thing is a 2 way end, the way you are questioning science, you should also question your religion.
Question both ends, so you can remove the chaff from wheat on BOTH sides then there will be more clarity.
The spirit in you have started manifesting again:

Where did I question science?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 3:11pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

Stupidity exemplified!

I gave you a full definition of Dimensions and all you could do is to reduce it into length,breath and height!

Let me help you out by reposting it so that you can ask yourself if what you wrote here is not just a tiny subset of my definition!

Definition Dimensions:
1. In mathematics and physics, a dimension refers to the number of independent directions or coordinates required to describe an object or space . It provides a quantitative measure of the extent or complexity of a system.

2. In the context of geometry, the term "dimension" often refers to spatial dimensions. For example, in two-dimensional (2D) space, two coordinates (such as length and width) are needed to specify the position of an object. In three-dimensional (3D) space, three coordinates (length, width, and height) are required. Higher-dimensional spaces, such as four-dimensional (4D) spacetime in physics, involve additional independent directions.

3. Dimensions can also be abstract and apply to other mathematical structures beyond physical space. For instance, a vector space may have a finite number of dimensions or even an infinite number of dimensions.

In general, the concept of dimension provides a framework for understanding the properties, relationships, and complexity of objects and spaces in various mathematical, geometric, and physical contexts.

Everything you said still ended up at length, breath and height.
All possible dimensions will ALWAYS begin with length,breath and height….
Something that can be MEASURED in a particular way starting from length, breathe and height….

If we understand length, breadth and height as basic as it is, we can better understand other kinds of measurements.

2 Likes

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 3:13pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

The spirit in you have started manifesting again:

Where did I question science?
Of course, i am breathing, i have a spirit, don’t you?

Not necessary “question”, but this kinds of discuss is for the advancement of science.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Lol.
Someone showed TenQ the Like/thumbs-up emoji on one of his social media posts and a rectangle drawn on a paper. They told TenQ the thumb on his right hand is made from infinite like/thumb-up emojis on his SM post and that his Home theatre box is made up of infinite rectangle drawn on the paper.
They also told @TenQ that his SM like emojis are slices of his right thumb.
Right now, TenQ is busy looking for a way to slice his thumb so it could give him infinite likes on his SM post. cheesy
TenQ is one big joke in here.

Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 3:16pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

You are the one who is completely IGNORANT of what Dimensions are!

If you have ANY idea, what have you written since the beginning of this thread that showed you know what you are speaking about. Nothing!

You are afraid of making your own point as all you can do is to work against the conclusion even without going through the process to arrive at your own conclusion.

If you don't have anything to say, it's not compulsory chatting on this thread!

LMAO! You just admitted that there was a conclusion you wanted to drive to. You are just salty because we won't follow your crooked reasoning to that conclusion. Bwahahahahaha!

Oh I have plenty to say but how much I say is not dictated by you. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by KnownUnknown: 3:18pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

What a STUPID strategy: please write your OWN thesis and let's see how your IGNORANCE is made manifest.

Borrow wisdom here:
Your aim should be to take the subject and Logically push it to a SOUND conclusion !

But dummies think slander is what makes them win an argument!

If there isn't anything else you have to say, please get off my mention!

Thesis? I guess you call your mumbo jumbo thesis! Lol

Keep busy making your nonsensical claims and call them “theories”.

1 Like

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 3:19pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

Stupidity exemplified!

Definition Dimensions:

This is great. At last some light has shined through.

So given these definitions tell us why you think 1D is nested in 2D and 2D in 3D and so.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

I asked you a simple question:
Is a Triangle or a Circle 2D object ?

Do you mean a circle shape cut from a cardboard/paper or the drawing of a circle on a paper?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:37pm On May 26, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Lol.
Someone showed TenQ the Like/thumbs-up emoji on one of his social media posts and a rectangle drawn on a paper. They told TenQ the thumb on his right hand is made from infinite like/thumb-up emojis on his SM post and that his Home theatre box is made up of infinite rectangle drawn on the paper.
They also told @TenQ that his SM like emojis are slices of his right thumb.
Right now, TenQ is busy looking for a way to slice his thumb so it could give him infinite likes on his SM post. cheesy
TenQ is one big joke in here.
Only cowards steal jabs when no one is looking!

You asked a stupid question with respect to this subject : that I should give Examples of Real Objects existing as 2D or 1D object. Knowing well that we live in a 3D world and therefore even the smallest object we can have will be 3D shaped.

Your argument presents the view that 1D, 2D and subsequently 4D objects do not exist: as you put it "they are just book imagination"

As if I was arguing that true 2D objects exist in real life, you posted a Google screenshot which showed that in real life no such object exist knowing very well that wasn't my argument.

I then asked you a simple Question:
Is a Triangle or a Circle 2D object?

You refused to respond because you know that if you had affirmed this, you have also affirmed the 2D space (i.e. it's no more just book imagination"wink.

Your argument is simply this (condensed): we live in a three dimensional world, because we cannot exceed this space, any other dimensions (1, 2, 4, 5 etc) cannot exist!

Just as I have stated my arguments, state yours and defend it.

It is NOT my fault that you cannot extend your reasoning into lower dimensions like 1D and 2D, how can one expect you to cope with 4D and higher
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:38pm On May 26, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Do you mean a circle shape cut from a cardboard/paper or the drawing of a circle on a paper?
Please answer the Question or allow Google or ChatGPT to help you

Is a circle defined by the material from which it is made?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:40pm On May 26, 2023
LordReed:

This is great. At last some light has shined through.

So given these definitions tell us why you think 1D is nested in 2D and 2D in 3D and so.
It's you turn to churn out knowledge

Given these definitions tell us why you think 1D is NOT nested in 2D and 2D in 3D and so?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:47pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

Everything you said still ended up at length, breath and height.
All possible dimensions will ALWAYS begin with length,breath and height….
Something that can be MEASURED in a particular way starting from length, breathe and height….

If we understand length, breadth and height as basic as it is, we can better understand other kinds of measurements.
And your definition takes care of vector space as they may have a finite number of dimensions or even an infinite number of dimensions. Are Euclidean space or vector space of all polynomials are included?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:48pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

Not necessary “question”, but this kinds of discuss is for the advancement of science.
Your accusation:
Where did I question Science on this thread?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 3:49pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

And your definition takes care of a vector space as they may have a finite number of dimensions or even an infinite number of dimensions. Euclidean space or vector space of all polynomials are included?
All these shapes has length, breadth and depth and more ADDITIONAL Dimensions, if we can understand the first constant 3 dimensions, we can look for what’s lacking and find it out.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 3:50pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

Your accusation:
Where did I question Science on this thread?
And i meant “discuss” in the context.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 3:57pm On May 26, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! You just admitted that there was a conclusion you wanted to drive to. You are just salty because we won't follow your crooked reasoning to that conclusion. Bwahahahahaha!

Oh I have plenty to say but how much I say is not dictated by you. LoLz.
I didn't hide anything: there were TWO things I discussed
1. Philosophy of Spatial Dimensions
2. Philosophy of Spatial Dimensions and Spiritual Realm

If you were wise, you could have discussed the philosophy of Spatial Dimensions while NOT agreeing with me with its connection with the spiritual.

We can all learn from discussing the Philosophy of Spatial Dimensions: we don't have to agree that the spiritual has anything to do with it.

But no!
Your object was not to discuss either: this is why your position had been completely lame and EMPTY since the beginning of the thread. You forget that it is possible to discuss intellectual things without coming to the same conclusion.

You have NOTHING to say dude!
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 4:00pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

All these shapes has length, breadth and depth and more ADDITIONAL Dimensions, if we can understand the first constant 3 dimensions, we can look for what’s lacking and find it out.
If there is indeed a 4D how can you know?
Is there a ceiling to the number of dimensions that can exist in the universe?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 4:08pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

And i meant “discuss” in the context.
I don't understand you.

Maynthemayn:

I wasn't questioning science, I was trying to understand it. This is how I do my faith too. I try to comprehend and be able to explain the things I see and read from my bible.

I will discuss Science, Philosophy and Logic with those who have the foundational knowledge in the subject (everyone is welcome the criteria is clear)

I will discuss Christianity with Christians (I won't discuss Christianity with Atheists and Muslims)

I will discuss Islam with Muslim (I won't discuss Islam with Christians and Atheists)
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Wilgrea7(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2023
Thanks for the input smiley

Maynthemayn:

I want to say 2 things.
Firstly, even if we have evidence of “Uncaused First-Cause of Everything” it doesn’t mean it is “God”, if you look at the argument supporting this notion, the attributes, features, qualities and characteristics of this “ Uncaused First-Cause of Everything” does not tally or correspond to the Monotheistic definition of God, so even if someone accepts this “ Uncaused First-Cause of Everything” it doesn’t mean they accept theism, hence still reject Monotheist Gods.

I agree .... The idea of an uncaused first cause doesn't automatically translate to a "god". The characteristics of this uncaused first cause first need to be identified before we can call it anything resembling a 'god', at least as described by theists.

Secondly, i think “nothing” is much more than just the conventional definition of it.
Nothing comes from No—Thing, not a thing.
thing.
The term thing came from the Old English ping, meaning "entity", "being", "body", or "matter".
So Nothing exist, without being in existence.

1 Like

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 4:16pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

I don't understand you.

I wasn't questioning science, I was trying to understand it. This is how I do my faith too. I try to comprehend and be able to explain the things I see and read from my bible.

I will discuss Science, Philosophy and Logic with those who have the foundational knowledge in the subject (everyone is welcome the criteria is clear)

I will discuss Christianity with Christians (I won't discuss Christianity with Atheists and Muslims)

I will discuss Islam with Muslim (I won't discuss Islam with Christians and Atheists)
Exactly, then one should go beyond the doctrine of what one has been taught.
All the words used starting from genesis should be carefully examined to understand it better one need to research on the origin of the books in the Bible, one needs to start from the foundation.
Even the word “faith” from pistis how was it used originally, this is what i mean.

Anyone that desires wisdom is a philosopher, the opposite is misosophy.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynthemayn: 4:21pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

If there is indeed a 4D how can you know?
Is there a ceiling to the number of dimensions that can exist in the universe?
I think it will be the same way i know 3D, 2D and 1D, and my perception can only determine the numbers of dimensions i can know, maybe there will be a tool in the future that can further enhance my perception to know other dimensions.
If that’s the case that means 4D already exists right now, i am the one not using it.
I have 2 eyes but they are not sharper than some animal eyes, we might have some animals that already see in 4D or more, I’m suspecting those animals/ants that work on any surface irrespective of the direction.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 26, 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 26, 2023
LordReed:

If that means asking if I am an agnostic atheist then yes.
Cool.
I see different nomenclature - irreligious, agnostic, atheist, agnostic atheist etc and I would have expected anyone irreligious or agnostic to be neutral/on the fence kind of but as much of these folks as I've seen, more often than not, they all attack the concept of existence of God just like atheists do.
That is why whenever I see all the nomenclature, I just ignore and assume you're all atheists, simply put.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

I didn't hide anything: there were TWO things I discussed
1. Philosophy of Spatial Dimensions
2. Philosophy of Spatial Dimensions and Spiritual Realm

If you were wise, you could have discussed the philosophy of Spatial Dimensions while NOT agreeing with me with its connection with the spiritual.

We can all learn from discussing the Philosophy of Spatial Dimensions: we don't have to agree that the spiritual has anything to do with it.

But no!
Your object was not to discuss either: this is why your position had been completely lame and EMPTY since the beginning of the thread. You forget that it is possible to discuss intellectual things without coming to the same conclusion.

You have NOTHING to say dude!

I was willing to discuss the philosophy. I asked you what the principles were and you refused to answer.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 4:51pm On May 26, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Cool.
I see different nomenclature - irreligious, agnostic, atheist, agnostic atheist etc and I would have expected anyone irreligious or agnostic to be neutral/on the fence kind of but as much of these folks as I've seen, more often than not, they all attack the concept of existence of God just like atheists do.
That is why whenever I see all the nomenclature, I just ignore and assume you're all atheists, simply put.

I don't attack the concept of existence of a god, I question the methods people use to arrive at belief in a god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2023
TenQ:

It's you turn to churn out knowledge

Given these definitions tell us why you think 1D is NOT nested in 2D and 2D in 3D and so?

Very simply put those dimensions are independent of one another.

Now can you answer the question.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by dragonflyy(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2023
heyy, listen guys, if it helps you any, I happen to know for a fact there is a 5th Dimension.

Not kidding . I was up up and away in a beautiful balloon when the wind blew me east toward the dawn . I think it was around the age of Aquarius , if I remember coreectly.

To be clear , I didn’t actually see the 5th dimension , but I heard it. The sound was transmitted over a little transistor radio I had in the balloon with me . And it was a very distinct sound.No doubt in my mind it was the 5th dimension I heard.

hope that helps you lot around here
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 5:44pm On May 26, 2023
Maynthemayn:

You have a spirit!?
How does it LOOK like?

LOL!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

100 Prophetic Declarations For Somebody This 2015 / Supernatural Experience: Testimony Of Heaven And Hell- ((new - A Must Read!!)) / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.