Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland (1599 Views)

Shettima In Switzerland For WEF With Just Five Aides — As Downsizing Starts / Supreme Court Refuses To Unfreeze Abacha’s Accounts In Switzerland, UK, Others / Nela Duke And Asuquo Ekpenyong's White Wedding Photos In Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 2:08am On May 19, 2023
Seun Kuti and the Egypt 80 Band in a recent concert in Switzerland.

This man is FELA in everything but name.

I didn't even know he was a saxophone genius like FELA.

At least he will have some great videos of himself to be watching while in detention.
wink

Pure Afrobeat talent

True son of Abami Eda.
. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKBvMmgmuI&ab_channel=SeunKuti
Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Bridget95(f): 2:13am On May 19, 2023
This music pattern and genre is no longer in vogue.

You gat what i mean?

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Amuluonyenaego: 2:14am On May 19, 2023
Chaiii, life

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 2:16am On May 19, 2023
Bridget95:

You gat what i mean?

This is your lack of exposure talking.

It's like telling a reggae or jazz artiste or classical music artiste that their music is ''no longer in vogue''.

That they should drop it and start playing Wizkid type of music or rap instead, since that is what is ''in vogue''.

I blame twitter and instagram for making you think that only what is 'trending' on their 'platform' is all that matters in life.

We call this the 'dumbing down of society'.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by BlackAdams007: 2:25am On May 19, 2023
This is cool, just a new Fela.😊

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by ipobarecriminals: 3:06am On May 19, 2023
sad when he cum out of this present wahala,he won’t slap again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 3:12am On May 19, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad when he cum out of this present wahala,he won’t slap again

It could be a public relations stunt to push his next album bro. cool

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by ipobarecriminals: 3:16am On May 19, 2023
Rostikol:

It could be a public relations stunt to push his next album bro. cool
with those people in overall black grin grin cheesy grin. Hope u read wetin Delta state Police PRO vows :. He go gentle wen he comot from this wahala
Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 3:18am On May 19, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
with those people in overall black grin grin cheesy grin. Hope u read wetin Delta state Police PRO vows :. He go gentle wen he comot from this wahala

That is just noise. They won't do anything to him. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by ipobarecriminals: 3:22am On May 19, 2023
grin u mean he dey do rehearsals in police custody lipsrsealed ;? Make we dey observe
Rostikol:

That is just noise. They won't do anything to him. smiley

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 3:46am On May 19, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
grin u mean he dey do rehearsals in police custody lipsrsealed ;? Make we dey observe

You guys should watch how his next album will blow.

This was the exact same thing Fela started doing before he went 'viral' in the 70s.

Finding government trouble. smiley

Although Fela's own was on a diferent level.

Fela used to stand in front of armed soldiers and scream ''Go on, shoot me! Zombies. Shoot me!''

''Babanla nonsense...
Babanlaaaa nonsense!''

Fela live in Paris!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OB9W0cAzs&ab_channel=FelaKuti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0BhNPiq78k&ab_channel=FelaKuti

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by michlins(m): 4:33am On May 19, 2023
Bridget95:

You gat what i mean?

Pikin full here honestly cause nothing go make you talk this kind thing if not youthful exuberance.

FYI this music genre is forever in vogue as it speaks to a particular audience

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 4:46am On May 19, 2023
michlins:

Poking full here honestly cause nothing go make you talk this kind thing if not youthful exuberance.

FYI this music genre is forever in vogue as it speaks to a particular audience

No mind that small pikin wink

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by gidgiddy: 5:03am On May 19, 2023
This is real music, not the electronic music that is everywhere today

You are never truly a great musician unless you can play a musical instrument live on stage

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Rostikol: 5:11am On May 19, 2023
gidgiddy:
This is real music, not the electronic music that is everywhere today

You are never truly a great musician unless you can play a musical instrument live on stage

Not necessarily. Michael Jackson didn't play any instruments as far as I'm aware.

Neither dId Diana Ross or Lionel Ritchie, Luther Vandross, etc.

It's enough to just be a good vocalist if that's your main skill.

A good band behind you will do the rest, and as far as bands go, they don't come any better or more experienced than the Egypt 80 Band. wink

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Starhearts: 5:53am On May 19, 2023
Bridget95:

You gat what i mean?

U re living a dumb site society.....
Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by mrsage(m): 6:14am On May 19, 2023
Bridget95:

You gat what i mean?

No problem. You will understand when you grow up

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Ireportlive: 6:21am On May 19, 2023
Bridget95:

You gat what i mean?

It's in vogue in France and francophone countries

They love good music with instrumentals

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Madmohamed123: 7:09am On May 19, 2023
Rostikol:
Seun Kuti and the Egypt 80 Band in a recent concert in Switzerland.

This man is FELA in everything but name.

I didn't even know he was a saxophone genius like FELA.

At least he will have some great videos of himself to be watching while in detention.
wink

Pure Afrobeat talent

True son of Abami Eda.
. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKBvMmgmuI&ab_channel=SeunKuti
your father being a musician doesn't mean you must be a musician this guy should go and look for his destiny definitely not music
Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Psady(m): 9:47am On May 19, 2023
Bridget95:

You gat what i mean?
insult not intended ,u think not far beyond the four walls of your room, let people who travel wide tell u about such genre.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti & The Egypt 80 Band In Concert In Switzerland by Generalwoodz(m): 10:21am On May 19, 2023
Please you all should advise that Bridget95 kid. I mean educate her. She's not even an idimie generation. She's maybe an 05/06 kiddo.

In other news: if you guys got a LinkedIn account for sell don't hesitate to contact me on Whatsapp for deal. Zero 7 zero 36 19 61 eight four

(1) (Reply)

Vanguard Takes Down False News About Rufai Oseni By Reno Omokiri / Some Nigerian That Went To Ivory Coast Are Saying That They Won't Come Back. / Percentage Of The Population Living In Their State Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.