Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] - Autos (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] (229656 Views)

Oven Bake Your Cars And Make Them Look Brand New / Rejuvenation Of Headlights!!!!!! Aka Make Your Headlights Look Brand New! :d / Respray/repaint Ur Car Making Use Of Oven Baking Technology. Pix Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by chukel(m): 11:55am On Sep 18, 2017
menokela:

How about adding pictures so we could see. Will go a long way and save others the pains
if you want to depend on pictures, you will have full regrets because they don't fully capture the condition of the car. Picture will not show u the gross unevenness in his work. Please u can give him a trial and I will assure u, ur lamentation will be loading.

2 Likes

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by chukel(m): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
He has a shade where he prepares cars for spray job and where he keeps them. If his oven booth is functional, what's his business with rain. Is the booth not supposed to dry the paint at a set temperature. He uses oven bake and yet there were sand and dust particles embedded in the paint work? This is the first sad review I'm giving on nairaland. I have had very good dealings with a lot of nairalanders. I'm just doing this to save others the headache.

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by chukel(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
MrPristine:

For reasons best known to him, he is exaggerating the whole issue and misrepresenting the facts. Yes there were a couple of minor blemishes on his vehicle by the time we finished it which is not unusual. What happens in this circumstance is that those errors are corrected and redone but in a circumstances were you have a customer that is in a hurry to collect his car, you are not given the time to correct the errors as was the case in this matter. He misrepresented the facts when he claimed his car spent seven days with us instead of four. The fact is that I told him that it will take five days to get it done, he said he wanted it in four days and my response was that we will try. He dropped off his car on a Monday and we were supposed to deliver the following Friday however it rained a couple of times during the week which slowed down our work. I even called to let him know of the problem with the rain and told him that the car won't be ready till Saturday. On Saturday morning before my boys were able to do the finishing touches on the car he got to my work shop and started criticizing an unfinished work. I explained to him that we still needed to do the finishing and make some corrections and he agreed to come back later in the evening to pick up his vehicle. I later called him after we had done the finishing to come and pick his vehicle and he responded by telling me he couldn't make it till Sunday morning which I obliged to deliver it to him on Sunday morning despite the fact that we don't work on Sundays and I was supposed to be in Church.

I will admit that at the point of delivery there was a couple of very minor blemishes that you will really need to scrutinize the car well before you observe it. The choice I had was to either correct the minor issues which will delay delivery by another two days and upset his travel plans or deliver his car and let him decide if he wanted it like that or the travelling was more pertinent.

The point to note is that no one not even car manufacturers can guarantee a perfect job directly out of the Oven. Blemishes are a normal part of the paint process, what we do as professionals is to reduce the occurrence of blemishes by mitigating against it and to correct them if and when they occur. But in an instance when a customer puts you under tremendous pressure to deliver within a certain date, you may not have the time and the liberty to correct these blemishes and that is what happened in this case.

At Pristine automobiles, customer service excellence is my watch word and I take pride in satisfying my customers but in the event I am not given the opportunity to make amends, there is not much I can do. Thanks for taking time to call me out.
it's sad an adult like you resorts to. Lies. U told me my job would be done in 5days over the phone. I came to you with the car. After inspection, u said car did not need panel beating work. I asked for 3 days. You voluntarily said you would get it done in 4days. I accepted. Car came out on the 7th day. How did I mount pressure on you. 7th day car came out rougher than it went in with so much gloss all over it like it were a susbstandard Chinese product. God will surely pay you back. Continue in your lies.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by integrity7702: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2017
Pristine post deleted
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by menstrualpad: 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Seun lalasticlala Dominique please close this thread. This guy cannot continue ripping off innocent Nairalanders like this...
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by chukel(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
integrity7702:
Dear All,

Pls help me beg Mr Pristine to return the vehicle currently with him today with the headlamp, clutch and brakes fixed.

On 21 August 2017, a vehicle was given to Mr Pristine on a Monday with an agreement to deliver it on Friday that week. I had told him from the first instance that the reason I was repainting the car was simply because of its bumper. I didn't ask him to deliver it on Friday. He told me it would be delivered on Friday. He missed this deadline.

When the 1st vehicle came back I observed that the bumper started peeling some days later. The bumper of this first vehicle is yet to be resprayed.

I have paid him N114,000 so far for the two vehicles. We agreed that he'll receive N65,000 for the first vehicle and N55,000 for the second vehicle.

He was given a second car on the 28th August 2017 and he promised to return it on Friday that week. He met this deadline as the car was returned. However, he requested that I should pay N4,000 to repair the roof of the car. When the car came back, it was still leaking. When I returned it days later after I observed it was leaking, I was asked to come and pay N10,000 again in addition to the N4,000 (making N14,000). I refused and asked that the car be returned to me. I then asked another panel beater to rework it for N7,000.

Few days later I observed that a particular part of the car paint had started cracking. I asked that they respray it. It's necessary to also mention that the part that was cracking was the major reason why I asked the whole car to be resprayed and I told him this before he picked this second vehicle.

He asked his staff to pick up the vehicle. The staff called me later that day to say that the clutch of the vehicle was faulty. This was a car that was being used daily but I pulled it out for them to rework. I simply asked him to get my car fixed and returned ( since I wasn't sure of why it was damaged within hours of his taking it from my house). He was to return the vehicle by Sunday evening (17/09/2017) latest.

On Monday when I didn't get the vehicle and was only getting excuses, I asked his staff to return the second vehicle. His staff told me that the vehicle's headlight was damaged and the bumper was damaged as well. He asked me to send N15,000 to repair the clutch. I told him to wait for my own personal mechanic to come and assess the situation of things and fix the clutch. When my mechanic left, he told me the fault arose because whoever was driving it was not clutching properly when changing gears. He fixed it and asked me to give him anything. My mechanic later said that N2k would be ok (vs N15k that Pristine charged).

This morning, I begged Mr Pristine to return my car with the clutch and headlight fixed. He told me that not only was the clutch faulty but that the brakes were now faulty as well. A member of my family that was to use the car was expending over N4k daily on cabs ( I can send him the evidence) because of the fact that the vehicle was not made available for the person's use since last week (excluding SatUrday and Sunday). Everyday the vehicle remains with him, we would be incurring this cost which I have told him about for days now.

Pls help me beg him to return the car today intact and sprayed. I am also concerned that they may tamper further with the car if it keeps staying with them. Clutch damaged last week. Brakes faulty as at today. By tomorrow, what would have happened?

my own vehicle was peeling right in his workshop. Please go and pick your vehicle yourself. As for me, I'm sending mine for another spray job cos he messed the car up. He uses an idiot as a panel beater. I bought left side of my headlamp which costs 75k. He broke the hook where it screws into the body of the car. The hook of the chrome under the light was broken. He put a very visible screw on top of the bumper. Please go and take your car.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by 2shure: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rather than waste money on overn vaking and shiit.
Look for the best spray man in your area
Negotiate with him.
E no fit pass 8 to 10k
No dey do big man for whr mechanic and panel beater day o.
Dem go use u shine.
Be humble
Visit thr daily or 2wice a week
Be thr always to inspect.
Dont assume dah ah na my guy
He go run am.
Forget o.
Dem dey use your car dey ply around dey go buy parts.
We are in naija
If u like spray your car for 180k
If okada
Police
Army
Taxi
Or someone from behind nor bash or scratch u
Den e mean say dah car nor dey enter road.
Better look for the best even if na road side painter
Aa long as e job neat
Nor be by to dey travel
Dey gif total stranger your car
Be wise
Economy no go gif us heart attack o.
If u no sabi
Ask around
Or visit diff mechanic villages
Thr must be a panel beater and normal good painter .

3 Likes

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
Let's all learn to cultivate safe driving habits.

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by gmajor10(m): 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
MrPristine:
Let's all learn to cultivate safe driving habits.

I'm really disappointed, I searched oven-baked on Nairaland and your thread keeps popping up. I started to read through from July, I was impressed since I'm about bringing in my car. Chukel post caught my eye, then I saw the post from integrity7702 with detailed accounts. Dear sir you had no response and what you deem fit to post is what I just quoted. Do enjoy, but my car will go else where.

4 Likes

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
gmajor10:

I'm really disappointed, I searched oven-baked on Nairaland and your thread keeps popping up. I started to read through from July, I was impressed since I'm about bringing in my car. Chukel post caught my eye, then I saw the post from integrity7702 with detailed accounts. Dear sir you had no response and what you deem fit to post is what I just quoted. Do enjoy, but my car will go else where.

Thanks for the concern shown. Truth is that when someone decides to call you out on social media with malicious intents there is little you can do cause even if you are right, it's your word against his and people reading will not be able to confirm who is right or wrong. And if you were to truly narrate exactly what happened you might end up putting your customer in bad light which I wouldn't want to do. Thankfully I have been in this business for several years and we have satisfactorily delivered to hundreds of customers over the years who can attest to the quality of our competence and customer service which results in most of our jobs being from return customers and referrals from them.
You will also observed that I responded to the first person but was insulted in response by being called a liar even when everything I stated was factual. In all honesty I am not interested in winning any argument with a customer as it will profit me nothing. I remain committed to continually deliver high quality service to our numerous clientele. Warm regards.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
The customer is always right even when he's wrong. smiley

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by menstrualpad: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
MrPristine:
The customer is always right even when he's wrong. smiley

you are a crook

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by menstrualpad: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
a wicked and diabolical crook
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
^^^^
The signature refers. smiley

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by donbuchi1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
with all that I read, you have lost opportunity to repaint my 2 cars. I will comeback when your customers stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2017
PastorKun:
Advantages of re spraying your vehicles with us

*All vehicles are sprayed in our ultra modern spray booth which guarantees that excess paint does not settle on the car as it is sucked out through a vacuum thereby ensuring a smoother finish
*Our spray gun is of the highest quality in the market and it delivers a very fine spray that enhances a perfect finish
*We use only the best quality materials, same as used by leading car manufacturers. Our paint Jobs would still be glimmering for years if the right car wash liquids are used in washing it.
*Our artisans are highly skilled/ meticulous and all our Jobs are constantly scrutinised to ensure that we take care of the smallest detail leaving your car looking as good as new.
*Upon completion of spraying, all vehicles are oven baked to ensure an even and controlled drying process. The oven baking also strengthens the protective coat(laquer) which makes the paint job more resistant to scratches and ensures your paint job lasts longer.

We look forward to answering your questions and being at your service.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by jaz(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2017
me too
donbuchi1:
with all that I read, you have lost opportunity to repaint my 2 cars. I will comeback when your customers stop complaining.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
People keep asking me how long does a paint Job last? Well it varies due to environmental and maintenance factors but a good paint Job should be able to last for at least four years. How ever due to our harsh climate not to talk of regular Okada angry scratches it might not last so long.

To keep your car looking sharp for as long as possible, it is advisable you are very mindful of the type of soap used in washing the car. As a rule avoid using detergents or highly concentrated liquid soaps like morning fresh. There are very good car was liquids in the market like Abro gold and our own Lanre badmus car wash liquid. These car wash liquids are specially formulated to preserve the colour/ shine of your car whilst keeping it spanking clean. In the absence of these car wash liquids, it is better to use ordinary water than strong soaps or detergents.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
]Car care tips

Don’t fill up if you see the tanker

If you happen to see a gasoline tanker filling the tanks at your local gas station, come back another day or go to a different station. As the station’s underground tanks are being filled, the turbulence can stir up sediment. Sediment in your gas can clog fuel filters and fuel injectors, causing poor performance and possibly necessitating repairs.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
Go easy when you’re stuck

When stuck in mud or a ditch, don’t make the problem worse by damaging an expensive component. Gently rocking in an attempt to free the car is fine. But if it looks as though you’re really stuck, don’t keep at it. Throwing your car from forward to reverse repeatedly, as well as spinning tires at high speeds, can generate lots of heat and spell trouble for transmissions, clutches, and differentials. It may be cheaper in the long run to call the tow truck rather than risk big repair bills down the road. It’s a good idea to carry a traction aid in the trunk, such as sand, gravel, or cat litter.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Lighten up your key chain

Does your car key share a chain with a dozen or more other keys? That’s a pretty heavy load hanging off the car key when it’s in the ignition.The weight, combined with bouncing while you drive, can wear out the tumblers inside the ignition and eventually lead to ignition switch failure.To add years of service to your ignition switch, purchase a lightweight key chain that allows you to separate your ignition key from the others. Drive with only the ignition key in your ignition. If your ignition key “sticks” when you try to turn on the car, it’s a warning that your ignition switch is about to fail. Replace it before you get stranded
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
]Choose a good car insurer

Sometimes, no matter how careful you are, disaster inevitably strikes — typically in the form of an accident. Make sure that your car will be repaired to the best possible standard by finding an insurer that will pay for parts from the original manufacturer, guarantee the repairs it authorizes and pay for the best available Pristinely finished oven baked paint job with us. wink
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
]Tips for washing your car’s body

Cleaning your car efficiently saves you time and effort and ensures that the vehicle’s body comes out looking great. If you clean haphazardly, the task takes much longer, and you run the risk of scratching the finish, streaking the surface, and leaving the body vulnerable to rust.

Most modern vehicles are painted in a two-step process that produces a clear-coat finish, which can far outlast the acrylic lacquer or enamel used on older vehicles. Although a clear-coat finish protects and enhances the paint, it’s sensitive to abrasion and chemicals. If it wears away, the paint beneath it will deteriorate rapidly.

To wash your car efficiently, follow these guidelines:

Never wipe or dust the body with a dry cloth: The tiny particles of dust and grit on the surface can scratch the paint.

Never wash a vehicle in the hot sun: The cool water causes the hot body to contract, which can crack the paint and ruin the finish.

Be sure the windows and sunroof are closed before washing: Spray lightly around the edges of the windows, sunroof, and rear deck lid for a short time and then check to see if the weather stripping leaks.

Before you wash the car, hose it down to get rid of the surface dust: Then clean and polish such exterior surfaces as vinyl hardtops, convertible tops, glass windows and sunroofs, chrome bumpers and trim, side mirrors, wheel covers, whitewalls, and tires.

Use cold or lukewarm water and a hose rather than a bucket of water to wet and rinse the car: A bucket holds a finite amount of water. As you rinse out your rag or sponge, the dirt is transferred to the water and back to the rag.

Use a sponge, soft rag (old terrycloth towels, T-shirts, or cotton diapers are wonderful), or a cotton wash mit: Cotton swabs and an old toothbrush will help you get into small areas.

To avoid cobwebby scratches, follow the contours of the surface rather than going in circles: Rinse the rag often to get rid of grease and dust particles. Be thorough but gentle; vigorous scrubbing can scratch and remove the paint.

Use gentle cleansers: Use a commercial car-washing product, not laundry or dish soap or detergent, which can remove the wax and other protective finishes from the surface.

Use biodegradable cleaning products to minimize environmental pollution. Try to do the job on a grassy or gravelled area where the water can be absorbed and filtered by the dirt below, or do your washing near a drain. Do not let the water run down the street and into a storm drain.

Every job goes more smoothly and efficiently if the work you do is organized properly. The following tips help you wash your vehicle in an order that will get you the best results:

Always wash the body of a vehicle from the top down: That way soap scum and sludge don’t muck up freshly washed areas.

Remember to get to all the corners where dirt can collect and rust can form: Don’t forget the underbody.

Wash one section of the vehicle at a time: Hose it down, soap it up, and rinse it off. When you finish the entire vehicle, hose it all down again.

Towel-dry the car with terry towels, cotton diapers, or a synthetic chamois to get rid of water spotting that can mar the surface: Chamois are good for this purpose and can be washed, rinsed, and used for years. But they’re more expensive.

At regular intervals, apply a coat of wax or sealer: A high-quality polymer sealant provides the best protection because it binds with the paint.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
CAR CAR TIPS

Park in the shade

Of course, a garage is always the ideal place to park your car. But if one isn’t available, minimize interior damage from UV sunlight and heat by always trying to park your car in the shade. If no shade is available or if you find parking under a tree results in bird droppings, use a car shade to minimize the sun’s impact. As a bonus, you’ll have a cooler car to step into on hot sunny days. Car shades come in two basic types: those that you unfold and place on the front windshield and rear window, or pleated types that attach to the windshield posts (with adhesive), window frames (with Velcro), or the windows themselves (with suction cups).
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

Preserve your car during long-term storage

If you are not going to use your car for more than a month, store it properly to prevent unnecessary damage and repairs upon your return.

•Fill the gas tank to help prevent condensation from accumulating in the gas tank. Add a fuel stabilizer and drive the car around a bit to distribute the additive to engine parts.
•Wash and wax the car thoroughly to protect the finish.
•Place a vapor barrier on your garage floor. A 4-mil polyethylene drop cloth will do.
•Disengage the parking brake to help avoid brake corrosion.
•Put the car on jack stands to take the weight of the vehicle off the wheels and tires.
•Disconnect and remove the battery to keep it from draining. Place the battery on a trickletype charger. Or periodically drain the battery, using a small light bulb, and then recharge it with a low-volt charger.
•Plug the tailpipe with a rag to prevent moist air from infiltrating into it.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

Clean the inside, too

Vacuum and sponge your interior every time you wash your car. Dirt particles are abrasive, and spilled liquids, such as soda, can be corrosive.Vacuum your interior thoroughly with a powerful vacuum (small cordless models are generally too weak). Use the appropriate wand heads when vacuuming. The bare metal wand can mar and scratch surfaces. Sponge vinyl surfaces clean with a solution of mild detergent and water.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

Blast mats with the hose

When washing your car, drag out the rubber or carpet floor mats and blast them with the hose.This will dislodge dirt particles that, if allowed to build up, will grind holes in your mats. Let the mats dry thoroughly in the sun before re installing them.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

For stubborn carpet or mat stains

After vacuuming floor mats or interior carpeting, apply foam rug cleaner to resistant stains as directed by the maker. Work the foam into a few square feet at a time, using a wet sponge or brush. Vacuum when dry.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

Preserve door and window seals

Wipe a rubber protectant (such as Armor-All) or silicone on door and window weatherstripping to keep it in good condition. Don’t use an oilbased product, such as WD-40, because the oil will damage the rubber. Regular cleaning and treatment of your car’s weatherstripping will also lessen the likelihood of your door sticking to its rubber seal in cold weather, a common cause of damage to the rubber.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

Keep leather from drying out and cracking

Leather cars seats are durable and don’t require a lot of maintenance. After a few years, however, the seats can become soiled. Use a leather cleaner to remove dirt and stains.Then apply a leather protectant formulated for pigmented or top-coated grain leather (the leather used for most leather car upholstery). Protectants will resist stains and make the upholstery easier to clean in the future. Choose a protectant that includes conditioners to keep your leather supple.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car care tips

Use upholstery cleaners on soiled seats

The same upholstery cleaners you use at home can be used on your car’s upholstery. Use them sparingly, however, to avoid saturating the fabric. Use a clean cloth to wipe away the foam. On velour seats, brush the fibers gently to avoid matting them and to preserve the original texture of the fabric.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by MrPristine: 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Car car tips

Renew fabric upholstery

Spraying fabric car seats and carpets with a fabric protectant, such as Scotchguard, will make them resist dirt and stains, and make them easier to clean. Thoroughly clean the fabrics before using one of these products and then test the product on an inconspicuous place to be sure the treatment will not discolor the fabric.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (71) (Reply)

Cars Under $1000! / The Difference Between Toyota Camry Se, Ce, Le And Xle Editions? / I Bought A Car With Auctionexport!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.