Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) (29864 Views)

DJ Switch: Clips From Lekki Toll Gate Yesterday Gave Me PTSD / Rhodes Vivour's Threat About Lagos Should Not Be Ignored By Police - Reno Omokri / Buhari Had PTSD After Civil War - Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by arantess: 12:51pm On May 19, 2023
Babysho:

I'm pretty sure they already asked him to do that but knowing what Seun believes in, he'll never compromise like that. Hence, the whole unnecessary prolongation of the issue with the hope that it'll break him.
What does he believe in?

He will end in jail o, no apologies anything

Police that is saying their man is in coma (we know it's not true)... Does it look like they want apologies?
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Gmajor(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2023
Ajens1991:
He should be released with a condition of publicly apologising to the slapped officer and the Nigeria Police Force.
Why?
Because he is a celebrity he should be treated differently abi?
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by bayelsaowei(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2023
didroon43:
What is wrong with Rino Omockery?

Why is he putting his mouth in Seun Kuti's affairs?

Since the Seun Kuti's brouhaha with the police, Rino has been foaming in the mouth.
Reno has become so foolish...must he talk? Can't he just keep shut...

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:03pm On May 19, 2023
MrAAA2:

What bad do you mean?
Answering for an assault he committed?

Did police and military answered for an assaults committed against fela's families?
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by TheBillyonaire: 1:09pm On May 19, 2023
Seun is addicted to weed, and if he does not smoke weed for 4 days, na wahala oh. His mental state will be bleeped because he can not handle reality without some weed.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by gaddafe(m): 1:16pm On May 19, 2023
The policeman in question is in coma. How about that? The man received the slap, followed Seun to his mansion, took the ₦12,000 and he got home and went into coma. Did Reno put this into consideration when saying this trash he wrote there?
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by MrAAA2: 1:21pm On May 19, 2023
WelcomeToBiafra:

Did police and military answered for an assaults committed against fela's families?

No. So because of that, Seun can assault the Police for a comeback?
How many soldiers has he slapped? I believe it was soldiers that mostly dealt with the families.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by 2016easy2017: 1:26pm On May 19, 2023
I wish one day, this Fela family will join goverment or military, rise to high position and then take all their pounds of flesh
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by 2016easy2017: 1:27pm On May 19, 2023
This is making me hate the situation in Nigeria
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Lovenorth: 1:48pm On May 19, 2023
His father has damaged the behaviours of our Nigerian Youths
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 19, 2023
His father looked very hairy down there.. grin grin grin.. I wonder why he didn't shave if he was going to walk around in an underwear..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
onthehill:
Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno Omokri (Throwback Photo)

Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has said that Afrobeat singer, Seun Kuti suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), IGBERETV reports.

Reno has begged the Nigerian Inspector General Police to take Seun's PTSD into account while prosecuting him.

Seun was recently arrested and detained for slapping a police officer on duty. He is currently being prosecuted for the crime.

Reno explained that Seun's father and Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti and his family had a bad experience with the Nigerian police, which his son, Seun witnessed while growing up.

Reno shared a throwback picture of Fela Kuti together with his son, Seun. Reno wrote on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1659126580801568769?s=20

https://igberetvnews.com/1445401/seun-kuti-suffers-ptsd-familys-experience-police-reno-omokri-throwback-photo/
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by LadeeE: 2:06pm On May 19, 2023
Aisha will use this opportunity to speak to him in a language he will understand.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Laple0541(m): 2:09pm On May 19, 2023
Seun wey dey form activist, just one week for custody he don dey get PTSD! we need to check his DNA, I doubt if he is a son of the Great Abamieda that unlawfully spent years in prison.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Adewale1603(m): 2:21pm On May 19, 2023
Fela and unclothedness, wearing just pants. Abami eda
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by chaloskyx: 2:30pm On May 19, 2023
MNK also suffers from PTSD naa FG should also have mercy on him una dey craze seun must go to jail gor 3 years for assaulting a police officer simple let the law take its course.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by NOwazobia: 3:18pm On May 19, 2023
I don't pity him one bit.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by WelcomeToBiafra: 4:11pm On May 19, 2023
MrAAA2:

No. So because of that, Seun can assault the Police for a comeback?
How many soldiers has he slapped? I believe it was soldiers that mostly dealt with the families.

Nobody is saying what causes transaction of slap o.

If Seun Kuti were to be the North/Fulani terrorist brother, so called Nigeria police won't have obstruct his driving to meet up with his appointment.

This Nigeria police you backing are legitimate terrorist, Nigeria must be buried comes 29th May any idiots calling himself/herself Nigeria security officers still want to protect dying colony of injustices must be buried too with Nigeria.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by WelcomeToBiafra: 4:18pm On May 19, 2023
Laple0541:
Seun wey dey form activist, just one week for custody he don dey get PTSD! we need to check his DNA, I doubt if he is a son of the Great Abamieda that unlawfully spent years in prison.

What says today is same comments generation before you said to Fela.
Nigerians are useless cowards, had this been in Europe or Western countries, you will have supporting the taxpayers/citizens for slapping corrupt police that threatened that celebrity civilian for saying to armed terrorist officer.

Nigerians breed injustices.

Say no to terrorist officers bribing/extortion points
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by isax(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2023
All these people repeatedly saying 'he should never have dis, he should not have bla bla bla...'
Get better things to say. And if you've got none, just shut the tr*p

Of course he knows better right now, and this phase shall surely pass.

It's actually amazing how some people start comparing naija police to American police in this situation... Which American police will ever confidently be in uniform, be on duty and get drunk talk much less of driving....
Abeg leave matter for Martha...
I hope the judiciary don't get influenced by the police and tamper justice with mercy.

#FreeSeunKuti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by DestinyNigga: 4:37pm On May 19, 2023
They should free this guy. He's wrong and have learnt his lesson. They should let him be. That family have suffered enough!
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by MrAAA2: 8:56pm On May 19, 2023
WelcomeToBiafra:

Nobody is saying what causes transaction of slap o.

If Seun Kuti were to be the North/Fulani terrorist brother, so called Nigeria police won't have obstruct his driving to meet up with his appointment.

This Nigeria police you backing are legitimate terrorist, Nigeria must be buried comes 29th May any idiots calling himself/herself Nigeria security officers still want to protect dying colony of injustices must be buried too with Nigeria.

I'm not backing the police but justice and a 'ceremonial' show of nobody is above the law. I earlier said its lopsided but it's still justice.

Because it was an unarmed police man, he could slap him. Would he even slap an unharmed uniform army or any military personnel?

Its a show of intimidation of vulnerable people in general. He can exchange verbal arguments like normal people do.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Badadvisor: 9:57pm On May 19, 2023
BobbieZion:
No be only PTSD...
If he like make him go nuts..

I have so much respect for Fela.
But this Seun, be like every other Seun.
You go soon chop 50 years ban WereyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I agree with you though πŸ—£οΈ
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by koolaid87: 10:01pm On May 19, 2023
MrAAA2:
People pleading mercy for Seun are just practicing double standards. If it was not Seun, say it was one Ahmed Nwosu, who did this, the narrations from all corners may be different.
Nearly all Nigerians suffer PTSD from police, military, bandits, BH, Nigeria govt and General public even. If we are to begin to use that to attack these people, it will be everyday clashes.
Every time, we complain about judiciary and justice, now justice is to be met out on someone, irrespective, sentiments are been employed. Similarly, the govt is using the same double standard to plead leniency for a former Senator guilty of organ trafficking yet whose seat remained vacant for months during trial in UK.
We are not ready for the justice we crave for even though this is looped, it's still justice.

But as a child, you didn't suffer all these traumatic events that Reno mentioned. It's easy to quickly grab our phone and type nonsense but when you truly walk a mile in his shoe, you'll see that Reno may not be far from the truth.
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 19, 2023
BobbieZion:
No be only PTSD...
If he like make him go nuts..

I have so much respect for Fela.
But this Seun, be like every other Seun.

πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜…sarcasm.. you're hilarious
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by MrAAA2: 10:50pm On May 19, 2023
koolaid87:

But as a child, you didn't suffer all these traumatic events that Reno mentioned. It's easy to quickly grab our phone and type nonsense but when you truly walk a mile in his shoe, you'll see that Reno may not be far from the truth.

It will make you sound more sensible if you can engage in a conversation without bad choice of words.

I can only imagine to what extent he may suffer from PTSD. But my issue is clearly with people for whatever reason(s) picking on the weak, this isn't just Seun alone. Like Seun, and many of us, had suffered from some different levels of trauma. The Fela's family had had more terrible encounters than the police historically (mostly during the traumatic events), will Seun Kuti slap an unarmed soldier on uniform?
Re: Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) by didroon43: 11:30pm On May 19, 2023
bayelsaowei:
Reno has become so foolish...must he talk? Can't he just keep shut...

Don't mind him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Reno Omokri On Baby’s Dedication / Murtala Yakubu Ajaka To Ngige, Others: Campaign Publicly For Tinubu Or Resign / FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.