Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof (3845 Views)

Pictures of Onitcha dirty with brown roof / Obaseki’s University Of Ibadan Certificate Different From Other Alumni - Oshioke / The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 8:19pm On May 20, 2023
Oluyole

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 8:21pm On May 20, 2023
Ibadan

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 8:26pm On May 20, 2023
Ibadan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by Odogwuzack: 8:51pm On May 20, 2023
spagettiluv:
More

Please can you create a thread with this? The person that created this thread did not do justice to it on front page.

Please mention me when you do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 9:05pm On May 20, 2023
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 12:01am On May 21, 2023
Broveens42:

Lol. You thought you made sense, but the Anglo gave you away..

IB is some people's village and they are proud of it (this statement doesn't in away suggest they don't travel, just like I'm proud and defensive of my owerri, but may not be anywhere close to the amalgamated area)

Those who left blablabla to sell blablabla... My honest question is this, who are those selling agbo in the east?...Benin republicans? It has to be that country, to absolve south Western States of this comedy, don't you think so ?
lmao,wetin yoruba wan come do for Your backward region.
Even if their are few in your region,can you compare with the millions of ibos pushing wheel barrow In ojoo traffic?

1:Akobo bridge

2:Dugbe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by 9jahotblog: 5:30am On May 21, 2023
Ibadan the finest city and State Capital in Yoruba land with big Spaces.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by Winneepye: 7:23am On May 21, 2023
9jahotblog:
Ibadan the finest city and State Capital in Yoruba land with big Spaces.
Ibadan is the second finest in Yoruba land. The first one is Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by kayusely70(m): 7:29am On May 21, 2023
Biodun556:

I'm not concerned about whether they are residential houses or not.

What I'm concerned about is that the pictures show Ibadan is urban center and not what mischief makers traveling from their villages in the East with poly bags through Ibadan down to Lagos do paint Ibadan online that is not developed.
Don't mind the international economic refugees!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by bhella10: 7:35am On May 21, 2023
MightySparrow:
The brown roof is our pride. Those houses are old and many bigger than many states capitals in Nigeria. besides, they were built when the forebears of pigdiot critics were living in homesteads, caves, and thatched houses.

They are relics of a dynamic historical past. The foundation of a today's monuments like the Great institutions like University of Ibadan, Cocoa House, Mibiolaji Bank - Anthony Glass House, Liberty Stadium, Television House now NTA, University Teaching Hospital etc.....

While you these building remains, there are many more modern developed and developing areas and estates in Ibadan.

As friendly as living in Ibadan can be. It still takes people of means to live in some areas.

For those who don't know what thatched roof look like. grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by BossGerald: 9:42am On May 21, 2023
Biodun556:

Show the picture of your own village if it is not covered with thatch

I don't have aerial view of it but my small hometown can easily pass as an estate in your Ibadan.

Come see houses nau

3 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by D1official: 10:39am On May 21, 2023
StreetFight:

Ibadan is some people's village, and they a re proud of it. Those who left their villages in Umuahia, Abakaliki, Aguleri and Uguleri to sell fake drugs in Ibadan should be the ones worrying.
The south east is still more populated than the south west minus Lagos.

Hope it's Afonj... that live there.
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by darkwan: 10:43am On May 21, 2023
very interestin....am urhobo....but i automaticaly understand yoruba somehow....
not completly,but somehow....

i didnt even tried to learn it sef....

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by KwuoteYourFada: 12:20pm On May 21, 2023
MightySparrow:
The brown roof is our pride. Those houses are old and many bigger than many states capitals in Nigeria. besides, they were built when the forebears of pigdiot critics were living in homesteads, caves, and thatched houses.

They are relics of a dynamic historical past. The foundation of a today's monuments like the Great institutions like University of Ibadan, Cocoa House, Mibiolaji Bank - Anthony Glass House, Liberty Stadium, Television House now NTA, University Teaching Hospital etc.....

While you these building remains, there are many more modern developed and developing areas and estates in Ibadan.

As friendly as living in Ibadan can be. It still takes people of means to live in some areas.

shut up! Be consoling yourself grin cheesy cheesy

Brown roofian grin
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by SOSinNigeria: 12:51pm On May 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

Continue deceiving yourself. Go to Egypt, South Africa, Mali or even Kano here in Nigeria, you will see houses built in the 19th century and even earlier, yet they don't look like Ibadan.

Go to UK, US, Portugal, Cambodia, India etc. You will see houses or settlements established in 16th century, non of them are an eyesore like ibadan. Anyways continue deceiving yourselves, I have never seen people as deluded as you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by SOSinNigeria: 1:13pm On May 21, 2023
spagettiluv:
More

Mediocrity kee you there grin First picture is a road with high tension poles. Second picture is a road with 3 storey building by the side. Third picture is a road with traffic light. So that's what you're celebrating in 2023?

The biggest challenge in yorubaland is how to evolve and embrace modernity. I bet you, there is no city in the world today, that was at the level of Ibadan in the 1960's that looks like Ibadan today! The same problem is affecting abeokuta, osobo, obomosho etc.

60 years after, ibadan has not seen any significant improvement. Yet you guys are not bothered. Another 60 years, Ibadan will still be like that while you guys continue to use propaganda in hiding the disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by Bighead9: 1:20pm On May 21, 2023
The pictures of Onitsha with brown roofs. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by MightySparrow: 1:51pm On May 21, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Brown roofian grin

See yourself
Maybe you are a chest beater also. The developed places in Ibadan are bigger than your state capital.

When Ibadan had the first 25 - storey your state capital was a local government or less. Is it federal government that built it again?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by MightySparrow: 1:53pm On May 21, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Continue deceiving yourself. Go to Egypt, South Africa, Mali or even Kano here in Nigeria, you will see houses built in the 19th century and even earlier, yet they don't look like Ibadan.

Go to UK, US, Portugal, Cambodia, India etc. You will see houses or settlements established in 16th century, non of them are an eyesore like ibadan. Anyways continue deceiving yourselves, I have never seen people as deluded as you guys.

We are saying the same thing. It is easier to demolish thatched houses in your village and replace than to do zinc.
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by Biodun556(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2023
myright:
90% percent of these houses are not residential buildings. Please show us residential houses. Thanks

Residential houses in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by Biodun556(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2023
spagettiluv:
View from My backyard

Thanks for giving us beautiful views from Ibadan. Shame on those yanmir.n

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

Is that why you guys don't maintain the buildings cos they are old ?

Ten year old zinc rusts too , so your talk of oldness no follow
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2023
StreetFight:

Ibadan is some people's village, and they a re proud of it. Those who left their villages in Umuahia, Abakaliki, Aguleri and Uguleri to sell fake drugs in Ibadan should be the ones worrying.

Abakiliki is finer than Abakiliki can ever be
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by myright: 2:51pm On May 21, 2023
Biodun556:

Residential houses in Ibadan
Thanks for sharing
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by MightySparrow: 3:13pm On May 21, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Is that why you guys don't maintain the buildings cos they are old ?

Ten year old zinc rusts too , so your talk of oldness no follow

Yes, I once thought about it. I believe a time is coming soon when those places will be bought or reallocated by government. It is possible now but those houses graves of people. Many of them are not modern houses. Some are sentimentally attached to them.

Whenever the government is ready whether to relocate the remains of the dead or people alive don't know them. I know somehow there's going to be a solution.

Fayose tried iin Ekiti, it caused uproar.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by MightySparrow: 4:21pm On May 21, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Brown roofian grin

See yourself
Maybe you are a chest beater also. The developed places in Ibadan are bigger than your state capital.

When Ibadan had the first 25 - storey your state capital was a local government or less. Is it federal government that built it again?
Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by yemmit90: 5:22pm On May 21, 2023
myright:
90% percent of these houses are not residential buildings. Please show us residential houses. Thanks

Ibadan is a very big city, there are alot of good places and residential areas, the major problem is that those brown roof are within city center.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by 77up(m): 5:25pm On May 21, 2023
SalamRushdie:
So if Obi had won this is how easily the court would have nullified his Victory because I know his name is not in LP register till now sef and still in PDP register..
I can't just imagine myself been an OBI fan now, what a waste of efforts.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 5:31pm On May 21, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Mediocrity kee you there grin First picture is a road with high tension poles. Second picture is a road with 3 storey building by the side. Third picture is a road with traffic light. So that's what you're celebrating in 2023?

The biggest challenge in yorubaland is how to evolve and embrace modernity. I bet you, there is no city in the world today, that was at the level of Ibadan in the 1960's that looks like Ibadan today! The same problem is affecting abeokuta, osobo, obomosho etc.

60 years after, ibadan has not seen any significant improvement. Yet you guys are not bothered. Another 60 years, Ibadan will still be like that while you guys continue to use propaganda in hiding the disgrace.

thanks for the comment.
We knw Ibadan still have a long way to go but mind you,none of your city in alaibo comes close to that city(Ibadan).
Onitsha is the best city in iboland.
Onitsha looks like a war torn zone in 2023

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 5:43pm On May 21, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Brown roofian grin
maybe you mean this brown roof in onitsha

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by spagettiluv: 5:49pm On May 21, 2023
Broveens42:

Hahahaha
Continue consoling yourself. Now I dare you..
Go to the most beautiful areas in IB, take snap shots(with your phone) on the GROUND, and post here.
It's not by indulging peeps who don't travel.
It's a challenge!
Owerri and abj seem to be the only cities in Nija that's beautiful on ground and not just pictures.
you mean this same owerri?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof by Dafresh: 5:57pm On May 21, 2023
spagettiluv:
you mean this same owerri?
I no wan comment but I will comment now because of what you posted about Owerri my guy that's not Owerri

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec / Dredging Of River Niger Will Soon Be Completed / Court Orders FG To Pay El-rufai ₦1m For Passport Seizure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.