Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (466910 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (538) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2023
Midex88:

What are the procedures pls

Just visit tsb.co.uk the process is detailed on there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by amehrada: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2023
SapphireFort:

Yes, with letter of permission to use the fund in the account, written by the wife.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2023
eniola1010:

My boss when you say civil service of course you are talking of public services maybe transport, hospital, accounting, or other fields.
Is there a general site where the uk gov post all their job opening for roles like how nhs has general site where they post job openings

Someone already shared above,

**Just filter for Administrative officer, Executive officer and if you are really experienced ( then try Higher executive officer or Senior executive officer)
Then
Permanent,
Leave the rest.**

But then, some people still use lower grade as a stepping stone to higher grade, like say you are confident of EO role, then you can also send in application for AO role that’s after you’ve submitted lots of applications and you still have more time to apply.

(Like for instance, Someone close to me got the job as AO and while during the training another person that they were being trained together left because they got another EO role.)

My point is lower grade are easier to join, even though it doesn’t come easy because the competition is also stiff there.

But with my experience 95% or majority of AO roles doesn’t require experience, people can even use some of there other unrelated experience from other sectors to write personal statement.

Lastly when writing supporting statement or personal statement, I always include scenarios some something you’ve done in the past using the STAR framework to structure it.

Make sure read the job details as some require SC clearance which obviously someone with less than 5 years stay can’t apply

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:
This post is to all the people (on this thread) who are justifying the UK govt wanting to increase IHS/Visa fees to raise £1,000,000,000 to fund pay rises.
The first picture is a total tax deduction from a legal tier-2 visa holder. Remember, this person has paid the IHS upfront. This person has NOT been able to get an NHS dentist. This person has been held in a 7 month NHS waiting list.

Kindly note the amount of this person’s tax that has been pumped into the NHS. In addition to the IHS which has been paid upfront.

Also kindly note the amount of this person’s taxes that have been pumped into ‘Welfare’.
Remember, this person has No Recourse to Public Funds.

Let’s be Frank to ourselves. Is this justifiable?

Not justifiable but it is what it is. The info is out there, we chose to come so we adhere to it i guess.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
koonbey:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi

Belike UK Prison service really need workforce
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
lavida001:

Belike UK Prison service really need workforce

You wan offend........😭😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:
This post is to all the people (on this thread) who are justifying the UK govt wanting to increase IHS/Visa fees to raise £1,000,000,000 to fund pay rises.
The first picture is a total tax deduction from a legal tier-2 visa holder. Remember, this person has paid the IHS upfront. This person has NOT been able to get an NHS dentist. This person has been held in a 7 month NHS waiting list.

Kindly note the amount of this person’s tax that has been pumped into the NHS. In addition to the IHS which has been paid upfront.

Also kindly note the amount of this person’s taxes that have been pumped into ‘Welfare’.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Every tax payers money is pumped into NHS, Education, Welfare, State Pension etc irrespective of whether they are BC or immigrant. How about BCs who dont have children (by choice) or those that chose to educate their kids privately - should they begrudge the govt for using their taxes to fund other people’s children’s education? There are also BCs that have never used the NHS before. Some of these folks also can’t claim benefits (not even child benefit which is the easiest to claim) because they earn above the threshold for benefits.

If anything this funding analysi shows the UK government is accountable and transparent. Do you have any idea what the Nigerian government uses the tax payers money for?

Edited to add… when all the new immigrants on this thread eventually get their ILR and citizenship, then you will realise that the job of the guys at Downing Street is to screw you over with their fiscal policies and it’s irrelevant whether you are immigrant or BC, we all have a common enemy.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kbpresh: 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
I'm searching for a 1 bed/studio or house share in Nottingham. I barely get replies from Spareroom and the likes when I request for viewings. What am I doing wrong? I'm in Nigeria but I have someone who can help with the viewings.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by davide470(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
Peerielass:

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Every tax payers money is pumped into NHS, Education, Welfare, State Pension etc irrespective of whether they are BC or immigrant. How about BCs who dont have children (by choice) or those that chose to educate their kids privately - should they begrudge the govt for using their taxes to fund other people’s children’s education? There are also BCs that have never used the NHS before. Some of these folks also can’t claim benefits (not even child benefit which is the easiest to claim) because they earn above the threshold for benefits.

If anything this funding analysi shows the UK government is accountable and transparent. Do you have any idea what the Nigerian government uses the tax payers money for?

Edited to add… when all the new immigrants on this thread eventually get their ILR and citizenship, then you will realise that the job of the guys at Downing Street is to screw you over with their fiscal policies and it’s irrelevant whether you are immigrant or BC, we all have a common enemy.
I like you. You will be a good MP cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:
This post is to all the people (on this thread) who are justifying the UK govt wanting to increase Is this justifiable?

Compared to which country?

Nigeria (taxation starting at 300k Naira annual salary up to 24% above 3.5 Million Annual)? US? The Nordics with their broader social net but much higher taxes (Up to 60% in Sweden)? Ghana? Canada? Germany?

You've not said anything other than show your salary, unless you can cite the countries where you believe there's better value for money in light of taxes paid/social services received, especially as an immigrant. We can also evaluate the ease of access such as the procedure for getting expatriate quota in Nigeria or the worker visa in US, and then compare what the process is like for immigrants to get in and earn salaries like this. After that we'll then be able to evaluate what social services are available (healthcare particularly - whether that national service dentistry would be available in Nigeria or US or wherever else, along with other social services.

You people are making it difficult to engage this topic with your appeal-to-emotion arguments that lack any contextual facts and figures evidence, and that is making responses seem like one just wants to to bash Nigeria, which I am not, as the country has many good parts that I am immensely grateful for.

Anyway, as I said, name the country for your comparison and then we can evaluate if this is justifiable.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by RalphJean: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
Peerielass:

So as far as you are concerned, it is absolutely right for the UK government to charge someone £624 to use the NHS. Then, deduct a further £3,000 per annum from that same person to fund the same NHS. Remind again what is double taxation?
It is a lie from the pit of hell to insinuate that the BCs (as alleged in your post) ‘suffer’ the same fate. That’s not true. As a tier-2 immigrant, I pay EXACTLY the same amount of tax that a BC pays. The difference is that I am taxed twice (to use the NHS) while a BC is taxed only once. In addition, the BC is entitled to support & benefits while I am not entitled to that. That a BC chooses not to get the benefit or chooses to send their child to a private school, or a BC chooses to use Private healthcare is a choice. For me as a legal, tier-2 immigrant, I do not have such choice.

A country wants to increase workers pay. Same country doesn’t think about increasing foreign trade. Or increasing its exports. Such a country does not think about using its natural resources or indeed incentivising its young adult population to go into work. Such a country wants to raise £1,000,000,000 by asking immigrants to fund it. And that is right, to you.
Issorai.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by RalphJean: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
koonbey:

Compared to which country?

Nigeria? US? The Nordics with their broader social net but much higher taxes? Ghana? Canada?

You've not said anything other than show your salary, unless you can cite the countries where you believe there's better value for money in light of taxes paid/social services received, especially as an immigrant.

You people are making it difficult to engage this topic with your appeal-to-emotion arguments that lack any contextual facts and figures evidence, and that is making responses seem like one just wants to to bash Nigeria, which I am not, as the country has many good parts that I am immensely grateful for.

Anyway, as I said, name the country for your comparison and then we can evaluate if this is justifiable.

The onus is on you to bring out the facts and figures of a country (or countries) which:
1. Charges an immigrant upfront to access healthcare.
2. Charges the immigrant’s salary a second time to fund that same healthcare.
3. When required, the healthcare is not immediately available to that same immigrant who has been charged twice, with extremely long waiting lists.

Show us the facts and figures from other countries.

While you are at it, tell us other countries that have explicitly hinged the pay rise offer to their citizens based on levies, taxes and fees paid by citizens of other countries. As a matter of policy.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

The onus is on you to bring out the facts and figures of a country (or countries) which:
3. When required, the healthcare is not immediately available to that same immigrant who has been charged twice, with extremely long waiting lists.

While you are at it, tell us other countries that have explicitly hinged the pay rise offer to their citizens based on levies, taxes and fees paid by citizens of other countries. As a matter of policy.

Ticha revealed a few days ago that the Australian equivalent of IHS for immigrants works out over £1k per year PLUS they have to undergo and pass various medical assessments before being granted a visa.

She has also shared that the waiting lists in Australia, Canada are as high as in the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

For me as a legal, tier-2 immigrant, I do not have such choice.
Issorai.

In your own words, it’s a lie from the pit of hell that you do not have a choice in the whole process/outcome. You chose to come here and it’s the government’s prerogative to raise revenue anyhow they deem fit. Simples!

For your info and others who are not aware. Not all British citizens are entitled to benefits. With that £59k salary you used in your illustration, you will not be entitled to kobo from DWP. Benefits are means-tested which means your eligibility to claim depends on your level of income and capital including savings.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

No, actually, the burden is on you as the person who asserted.

Justifiability is an inherently subjective term and there's no possibility of logical evaluation if you don't supply objective standards against which the actions in question can be judged.

But we all know why you cannot mention any countries, and it's because you know your arguments won't stand up to scrutiny if compared to what's obtainable elsewhere.

Therefore they hold no water other than as an outlet for whingeing, which you're entitled to and which is frankly understandable, so I'll dip here with a reminder that just because something is onerous or unfavourable to you doesn't mean it is unjustifiable.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by brine(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
heroshark:

Unfortunately education alone is not a good enough ties to Nigeria, considering that she has families in the UK. She is unemployed and have no source of income and to cap it up, she is still quite young.
The rule of the thumb is to treat every application as a potential "immigration risk" until to applicant successfully proves otherwise.

The sudden £500k credit looks suspicious, and normally she should have submitted 3-6months statement.

What you should have done is to make a monthly payment of 100k into her account for 3-5months label it as her upkeep. She will declare it as income of 100k per month from family for upkeep.

This will show that she has enough money back home in Nigeria and not a potential economic migrant.

Spot on! This was what myself and my mum did for my younger sister and she was granted the visa few months ago. We were both sending upkeep money into her account and she had to print the bank statement along with her transcripts, letter from School, School fees receipt and letter from my mum.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

So as far as you are concerned, it is absolutely right for the UK government to charge someone £624 to use the NHS. Then, deduct a further £3,000 per annum from that same person to fund the same NHS. Remind again what is double taxation?
It is a lie from the pit of hell to insinuate that the BCs (as alleged in your post) ‘suffer’ the same fate. That’s not true. As a tier-2 immigrant, I pay EXACTLY the same amount of tax that a BC pays. The difference is that I am taxed twice (to use the NHS) while a BC is taxed only once. In addition, the BC is entitled to support & benefits while I am not entitled to that. That a BC chooses not to get the benefit or chooses to send their child to a private school, or a BC chooses to use Private healthcare is a choice. For me as a legal, tier-2 immigrant, I do not have such choice.

A country wants to increase workers pay. Same country doesn’t think about increasing foreign trade. Or increasing its exports. Such a country does not think about using its natural resources or indeed incentivising its young adult population to go into work. Such a country wants to raise £1,000,000,000 by asking immigrants to fund it. And that is right, to you.
Issorai.

Here I am speaking for my "master" again, but do people know that the NHS was founded in 1948 back when the indigenous UK population and life expectancy was almost half what it is today?

It's not just immigrants putting pressure on the NHS. It was not designed to cater for as many British people (even just the white brits) as are living in the UK now. Do you know how many services the NHS has had to cut or scale back on for British citizens even e.g. IVF where the criteria is so strict now. And how many times the Tories have hinted at privatising it because it simply can't cope?

Fact is the NHS would struggle even from the British population alone, add in a net population increase from immigration of 1M a year and it's literally teetering on the brink.

So it's not about blame or discrimination, but one of practical solutions.

Or would you rather the other solution where you don't have to pay IHS and the gov reserves use of the NHS for British citizens only and every non Brit - white, black and brown - has to pay each time they need to access health care? £300 a pop to visit the GP? £2k for a CT scan? Private health insurance which costs approx £100 a month (depending on pre existing health conditions) and you usually still have to pay an excess on top of this before making a claim?

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

Bro, there’s no use talking about this anymore as I’ve noticed two trends with this topic.

1. They’ll say you’re being emotional and derailing the thread, as if another opinion cannot exist outside of their own.
2. When you mention the double taxation, they’ll say if you don’t like it then leave.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zahra29:

Lol...

Entity...better than being called a nonentity I suppose 😂

I don't hate Nigeria(ns), the same way I'm sure you and kwakud etc don't hate the UK and Brits, even though you're constantly criticising it/them.

Where you for see me criticise the brits constantly. 😬😬
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Bro, there’s no use talking about this anymore as I’ve noticed two trends with this topic.

1. They’ll say you’re being emotional and derailing the thread, as if another opinion cannot exist outside of their own.
2. When you mention the double taxation, they’ll say if you don’t like it then leave.

Or
3. You're called names and accused of hating Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zahra29:

Or
3. You're called names and accused of hating Nigerians
Only when one constantly shares negative news and sound bites about the country 🙃

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Firefunmi2014: 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Goke7:

do you have a Monzo account? perhaps you can start with Monzo Flex

Yes I do. Does Monzo gives credit card?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by RalphJean: 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
Peerielass:

In your own words, it’s a lie from the pit of hell that you do not have a choice in the whole process/outcome. You chose to come here and it’s the government’s prerogative to raise revenue anyhow they deem fit. Simples!

For your info and others who are not aware. Not all British citizens are entitled to benefits. With that £59k salary you used in your illustration, you will not be entitled to kobo from DWP. Benefits are means-tested which means your eligibility to claim depends on your level of income and capital including savings.

Again, you are wrong.
With that 59k I illustrated with, the 3 year old of a British Citizen earning that will have 30-hour of nursery per week.
Have you cared to know if the child of that immigrant, the 3 year old child of that immigrant who was born in the UK. Will such a child have 30 hours? NO.

You still wanna justify it? Because you’ve heard that ‘benefits are means tested..’ Bla bla bla.
How about educational benefits for the child of that migrant?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Only when one constantly shares negative news and sound bites about the country 🙃

That's not true.

99% of my "negative" posts have been in response to inaccurate comments or narrow views. For example, I mentioned Nigerian prince because the poster stated that Nigerians were among the best behaved immigrants. Of course there are very many good Nigerians, but let's not fool ourselves that Nigerians have not sometimes attracted attention for the wrong reasons over the years, compared to Ghanaians for example. Same way Jamaicans have had a bad reputation for violent offences.

I've also responded to views that state that Nigerian students are holding up UK universities because their courses are full of Nigerians and Brits are not interested in education, which is simply not true.

There are many more examples, but typically I'm trying to provide a more balanced view and I guess it comes across like I'm bashing

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

Again, you are wrong.
With that 59k I illustrated with, the 3 year old of a British Citizen earning that will have 30-hour of nursery per week.
Have you cared to know if the child of that immigrant, the 3 year old child of that immigrant who was born in the UK. Will such a child have 30 hours? NO.

You still wanna justify it? Because you’ve heard that ‘benefits are means tested..’ Bla bla bla.

Not in all cases. For example if they had a spouse or partner who wasn't working a minimum number of hours, their child wouldn't qualify for 30 hours.

There's also a 2 child cap on the number of children you can receive child benefits for.So a British family with 4 British children would only be able to claim on the first 2. That's not fair on the family or children, but this is what was introduced by the Tory gov, along with other painful austerity measures on their citizens.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
It would've been impressive if Nigeria does this too ...let tax payers know where their taxes are being utilised but assuming they do sef, it would annoying seeing a large chunk of it being spent on National Assembly angry

RalphJean:

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

Did you have to resurrect this topic again?

Tell the person to go back home.

There is no point slaving away in another man's land when you can be a king in your own land.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Win-win my compatriots said.
Oh how about the UK changes its laws, brings in a hoarde of Nigerians, harvest one kidney each and in return, grant them permanent leave. Win-win my compatriots will say. It's capitalism afterall... supply vs demand. They can go back if they don't want.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
RalphJean:

Again, you are wrong.

No need to be rude!

You are assuming this BC has a child lol. What happens to those that are childless either by design or choice or those that rarely fall ill hence never needing the NHS. What category do they fall into in your analogy? These are people that have been paying taxes since graduating from Uni at 22 and are now earning significantly higher income that precludes them from claiming any benefits. I bet they are more hard done in than you and your IHS surcharge.

See that immigration surcharge as the price you pay for all the additional benefit you receive for being in the UK. You can sleep with your eyes closed at night, no noise pollution, you don’t have to pay N1million per term to educate your children, 24hr power supply, excellent transport links, need I say more?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
While the wealthy are being readied a tax break that'd see the government lose £7B, minimum wage earning migrants would have to fork out over 50k per family beore they get the chance at building a reasonable life, mortgage, private pensions e.t.c.

I know enough about macroeconomics and social engineering to know that it's moves like this that compels a group to the bottom rung of the society.
What happened to vat on private school fees? Oh! That does not punish immigrants.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jlaw1: 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
CandyDiva:

Thank you so much for your response,

We suspected the account pump, I had sent the money into her account over a month prior, thinking it would be okay to show some money in her account ( I guess I was wrong), after-all, she is a student and mustn’t declare any account statement and I also mentioned I’d bear her cost of traveling anyway.

What has changed is that, we won’t bother using any account statement from her, mine would suffice.

And I just want her to come and relax, chill and shop for all the stress exams has bestowed on her.

Once again, thanks for responding

Dear CandyDiva,

I sympathize with you and your sister. Visa refusals can be very difficult to deal with. I will advise you NOT to make a bad situation even worse. 1 Visa refusal is better than 2 Visa refusals. A history of multiple Visa refusals may have a negative impact on her future immigration plans. So tread carefully and please, abort the mission of "Re-applying for her immediately."

From your post, your plan is to make her re-apply and not include her own Bank Statement. This is a very bad idea in my opinion. It will almost certainly attract another refusal.

Why?

Well because in the Refusal letter, the ECO made it clear that they are more interested in her "personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria", and not so much yours (or her other siblings). So you can see that failing to include your sister's Bank Statement is a bad choice to make in this regard.

To summarize, if you decide to make her re-apply immediately, it will be difficult to convince the ECO that her personal and financial circumstances has changed within just a few days/weeks.

My advice?

Let her swallow the disappointment like a strong DOCTOR-TO-BE that she is. You and the family can find alternative options to help her relax, chill and to compensate her for the stress of school exams (and this visa application). And if her final goal is to relocate to the UK after her studies, then she can start working towards it now. Doctors will continue to be in demand in the UK for a very long time.

This is my advice from my own good (and sometimes painful) personal experience.

Kindly send your sister my regards. Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
jedisco:
Win-win my compatriots said.
Oh how about the UK changes its laws, brings in a hoarde of Nigerians, harvest one kidney each and in return, grant them permanent leave. Win-win my compatriots will say. It's capitalism afterall... supply vs demand. They can go back if they don't want.

Costs £148 per person to renew post study visa for Nigerians in Canadian school . Just dey blow my mind since my friend told me

We will soon be paying about £2500 per person, roughly CAD 4,317.Now imagine a family of 5 applying for this route excluding rent, feeding etc, major cash out for UK gov

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (538) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.