Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467653 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (540) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 7:26am On Aug 01, 2023
Good morning guys, please i need some clarification on this questions.
1. Tier 2 visa holder came to UK with 7months old baby, if the baby is put under benefits it is fall under public funds.
2. About to have another new born baby in UK, if the new born baby put under benefits it is fall under public funds?
Thank

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2023
First one year for the baby the NHS is free. I will call citizen advice if the baby are still entitled to free NHS till five years.
ukay2:

Hmm if the babies no get visa...., make any of the babies no come get sickness that will require surgery or admissions in the hospital....NHS will send them better bills after discharge.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 8:32am On Aug 01, 2023
What are you saying? What is under benefits? Can’t you provide for the baby? You’re not entitled to Public fund and most benefits came from the government which directly a public fund. No go rat weiting go choke you oo. Ire
jagbasneh:
1. Tier 2 visa holder came to UK with 7months old baby, if the baby is put under benefits it is fall under public funds.
2. About to have another new born baby in UK, if the new born baby put under benefits it is fall under public funds?
Thank

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 8:35am On Aug 01, 2023
Go and check general visiting UK visa thread. You go find your answer there.
Newbie123:

Please help if you have answers. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jcole123: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2023
Solumtoya:

He was applying for trainee and got bumped up. I think he should endure. If it's a really good job, then it's worth it. My opinion.

My job took almost 4 long months from application to Day 1. But working there made it all worth it because it was my dream job. I understand the process can be a lot better but hopefully it pays off.

Thanks man. I will inform him
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jcole123: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2023
ukay2:

Let your friend go again. Hopefully they will finalise it and he will start work soon. Congrats in advance.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2023
jagbasneh:
Thank
You are not entitled to any benefit or pubiic funds for yourself or the child. Becareful

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2023
hayesconcept:
First one year for the baby the NHS is free. I will call citizen advice if the baby are still entitled to free NHS till five years.
Using nhs us not public fund as long as you work and pay for nhs or you are in healthcare job.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2023
Ok, thank you
abuhusna1:

Using nhs us not public fund as long as you work and pay for nhs or you are in healthcare job.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Vintagee: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2023
giselle237:
It’s possible pls. Use the one you have that is valid till October for your COS

What I mean is for instance if I get the COS in November, while my current passport is expired and I am.yet to get the new one, would I still.be able to switch with just my BRP.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 10:11am On Aug 01, 2023
Yolla
eniola1010:
I dont know how true but i have been seeing some posts about naric and ecctis being discontinued, they are saying all new immigrants requiring t2 must have ielts or uk degree?

Also is there an app one can use to call nigeria directly from uk?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2023
hustla:
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJbU1Ct7/

This route will soon cast smh

Nigerians and short cut sha

If this story is true and the police were truly involved, if the govt. is able to use this to uncover fraud, will the victims be given another jobs or asylum seeing that they helped investigation?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 10:40am On Aug 01, 2023
hayesconcept:

This isn't true. I think it's just first 3 months.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2023
Viruses:

If this story is true and the police were truly involved, if the govt. is able to use this to uncover fraud, will the victims be given another jobs or asylum seeing that they helped investigation?

They will most likely be sent back to their home Country with a visa ban.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2023
hayesconcept:

Not correct. I believe it's only the first 3 months, as long as they do not leave the country in this time. The parents are required to apply for a visa for the child within the 3 months. Below excerpt from NHS.uk:

Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months
If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident up to 3 months of age, but only if they remain in the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of these criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to 6 April 2015

You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2023
Viruses:

They also knowingly paid for their cos which isn't legal, so they won't be viewed as victims in the same way as someone who was trafficked against their will or knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2023
abuhusna1:

Services in the NHS is for only Citizens and Residents. A baby born here to immigrant parents has access for free for 3 months after which you either pay out of pocket, or get a visa fornthe baby.

The exceptions are some Emergency services that are for every person in the UK... Also, for minor cases, vaccinations, etc, most GPs won't bother charging. But such parents should pray the child doesn't need a surgery or treatment like hernia, the BILL would be heavy.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2023
Before someone asks again, if you want your newborn to have access to the NHS without bills after 3 months:

- Get the Birth Certificate from your Council.
- Apply for NIN in your closest centre.
- Apply for a Nigerian Passport in London.
- Apply for a Dependant Visa for the child.

Unfortunately, these steps could take up to 4 months so the earlier you start, the better. Also the entire process would cost quite some Thousands of Pounds depending on the length of the Visa.

P.S.: Folks are saying you don't need a Passport and NIN so it makes it faster then cos that is the major delay.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2023
Vintagee:
What I mean is for instance if I get the COS in November, while my current passport is expired and I am.yet to get the new one, would I still.be able to switch with just my BRP.
Yes. Write your circumstances in the textbox there. that you have started the process and awaiting a new one.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
Solumtoya:
Before someone asks again, if you want your newborn to have access to the NHS without bills after 3 months:
Unfortunately, these steps could take up to 4 months so the earlier you start, the better. Also the entire process would cost quite some Thousands of Pounds depending on the length of the Visa.
thanks for the info.
Also to state, you dont need a passport to apply for the dependent visa/brp if they were born here. The birth certificate is sufficient.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2023
Zahra29:

They also knowingly paid for their cos which isn't legal, so they won't be viewed as victims in the same way as someone who was trafficked against their will or knowledge.
First time I'll agree with you grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Vintagee: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
giselle237:
Yes. Write your circumstances in the textbox there. that you have started the process and awaiting a new one.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Viruses:

Well, i think its fraud on both sides

Not sure how they will work it out
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2023
hustla:

Well, i think its fraud on both sides

Not sure how they will work it out

They should all go back to where they came from. The buyers and the sellers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 11:33am On Aug 01, 2023
jagbasneh:
Thank

I assume by "put under benefits" you mean claim child benefit? YES! Claiming child benefit is public fund

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2023
Solumtoya:

Services in the NHS is for only Citizens and Residents. A baby born here to immigrant parents has access for free for 3 months after which you either pay out of pocket, or get a visa fornthe baby.

The exceptions are some Emergency services that are for every person in the UK... Also, for minor cases, vaccinations, etc, most GPs won't bother charging. But such parents should pray the child doesn't need a surgery or treatment like hernia, the BILL would be heavy.
Normal you get your baby register the type of visa you hold to qualify for nhs usage it's not automatic
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 11:39am On Aug 01, 2023
Viruses:

No, Asylum is not something you give as a form of compensation and it's not the duty of immigration officers or police to give jobs to immigrants. The license will be withdrawn, the visa canceled and the victims expected to leave the country with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
babajeje123:

They should all go back to where they came from. The buyers and the sellers.
They buyers may go back but the sellers may just have their employer sponsor license revoked with perhaps fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
I’m currently working in healthcare sector.
Solumtoya:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2023
You don’t need passport to apply for visa. The birth certificate will do
Solumtoya:

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (540) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: AltCtrlDel, wallg123, Lexusgs430, Datakey and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.