Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464158 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Strata1716: 1:08am On Sep 12, 2023
kode12:

I’ve been using wise for the last 4yrs, I’ve not had an issue with them. What problems are you having or did you have?

You won’t have any problem with them until they decide you do and then it will be a crazy time, please avoid wise.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 2:38am On Sep 12, 2023
Pls what is the real name of the home office app. I want to download it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 5:10am On Sep 12, 2023

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2023
Please can someone advise on where to affordable areas to live that are not too far from E1. I got a job with sponsorship and would need to relocate from North-East. Looking for a 2 bed. E jor e shaanu mi
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2023
This passport renewal issue is tiring... Just gathering up my full energy to go back to london nextweek to complain and it won't be funny, cos I'll be travelling for 8hours. Collection date has passed one month now and there's no number to even call for updates.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by omollyade1: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2023
Hello, have you found accommodation. There are many agents and I do not think houses are hard to get.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 11:33am On Sep 12, 2023
omollyade1:
Hello, have you found accommodation. There are many agents and I do not think houses are hard to get.
Guess you wanted to reply me. I haven't found any. I don't even know where to start or where to focus on. Zero knowledge about London and all it entails. So I need someone to advise on affordable locations not too far from work however E1 out totally of consider as accommodation is too pricey there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wisdom7400(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Hi everyone. I want to apply for my mum's visa to brink our 2 kids from Nigeria. I am working and my wife is working as well and we've got a comfortable apartment for everyone to join us. I want to know what documents my mum has to submit for her visa application and how to go about it. She has been denied US visa once and the second application didn't go through due to covid restrictions that year. No travel history. So I want to use this opportunity to let her have a travel history. She is a pensioner and also heading a school and has got some appointments in the church that she is handling as well. I am looking at them coming over by end of November. My Dad is alive and a pensioner too. Due to circumstances, I may not be able to flash statement of account but can show pay slips. She will flash her own cos he has enough funds for her stay. What advice/documents do y'all think she can submit to strengthen her application and what duration of stay do I state too. Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jum33: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2023
babajeje123:

Guess you wanted to reply me. I haven't found any. I don't even know where to start or where to focus on. Zero knowledge about London and all it entails. So I need someone to advise on affordable locations not too far from work however E1 out totally of consider as accommodation is too pricey there.
Is not compulsory u must get accommodation in London na ,I have friends that reside in the midlands and work in London . Uk matter needs good strategy o if u want to be working and having something tangible to keep for yourself at the end of the month.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
jum33:

Is not compulsory u must get accommodation in London na ,I have friends that reside in the midlands and work in London . Uk matter needs good strategy o .
Agreed o, that's why I said I need help on available options.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2023
jum33:

Is not compulsory u must get accommodation in London na ,I have friends that reside in the midlands and work in London . Uk matter needs good strategy o if u want to be working and having something tangible to keep for yourself at the end of the month.
Just sent you a DM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by topellycategory: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
[5quote author=babajeje123 post=125743517]
Guess you wanted to reply me. I haven't found any. I don't even know where to start or where to focus on. Zero knowledge about London and all it entails. So I need someone to advise on affordable locations not too far from work however E1 out totally of consider as accommodation is too pricey there.[/quote]

Everywhere in London & the surrounding is quite expensive , well it also depends on your budget . You can stretch your search towards Tilbury, Grays, Purfleet they are close proximity to E1.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jum33: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
babajeje123:

Just sent you a DM
Sorry baba I don't have a much info about accommodation for London unless I talk to friends, na Manchester I fit put mouth join.
i will revert wen I get any lead .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
jum33:

Reside in the midlands and work on London? Surely not a 5 times a week monday-Friday into London, E1. Surely not . Yes?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2023
topellycategory:
[5quote author=babajeje123 post=125743517]

Everywhere in London & the surrounding is quite expensive , well it also depends on your budget . You can stretch your search towards Tilbury, Grays, Purfleet they are close proximity to E1.
Thank you so much for this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dave0450(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
ATTENTION EVERYONE 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Please, I need 1 bedroom for a couple WITHOUT kid around Manchester, Salford, Bolton, Bury or Wigan. I will be landing on 22nd September.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

Abeg ooooo , e dakun, e joor

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
babajeje123:

What zone is your work place located?
although further out means you'd have to check overground train ticket prices of it's outside London zones
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by glauri222: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
heroshark:

. This is wrong, you need a passport to apply. Your COS must include your passport expiration date, which have to reflect in your visa application.

The question of weda they accept an expired passport is another thing altogether which I can't confirm or deny, but you need your passport details to apply.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by nnamdi346: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
gergemam:

Chai...Bros.... where be the Destination Aussie or Flower land

Flower land for sure...you dey buy?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
jum33:

This is not a feasible solution
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by nnamdi346: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
I will be leaving the U.K. and have a few properties up for sale...at a very discounted price and thought I should reach out to see if anyone might be interested.

Foam/Mattress (Double)
TV (55 inches)
Washing Machine
Chair (2 seater)
Dining Set
Kitchen items etc
Center rug

Also, the properties are just about one year old and were bought brand new with receipts but will be sold at discounted rate.

I stay around Birmingham, west midlands

Dm/holla if interested.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by glauri222: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
Apparently, someone said you actually need the passport. Pls ignore my response.
SerendipityHere:
Hi. Thank you for your response. Please can you clarify. I am switching from a student visa to a skilled worker visa not psw.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
nnamdi346:
I will be leaving the U.K. and have a few properties up for sale...at a very discounted price and thought I should reach out to see if anyone might be interested.

Foam/Mattress (Double)
TV (55 inches)
Washing Machine
Chair (2 seater)
Dining Set
Kitchen items etc
Center rug

Also, the properties are just about one year old and were bought brand new with receipts but will be sold at discounted rate.

Dm/holla if interested.

How much?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 11:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
nnamdi346:

Foam/Mattress (Double)
TV (55 inches)
Washing Machine
Chair (2 seater)
Dining Set
Kitchen items etc
Center rug

Dm/holla if interested.
List them on facebook marketplace.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ticha: 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
babajeje123:

Agreed o, that's why I said I need help on available options.

Send me an email - I have a spreadsheet of all the towns and cities within a 60 minute train ride of London linking it by train stations. When we briefly worked in London, we lived in St Neots. Took 45 mins on the train and about 1 hour door to door

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 12:34am On Sep 13, 2023
Ticha:

Send me an email - I have a spreadsheet of all the towns and cities within a 60 minute train ride of London linking it by train stations. When we briefly worked in London, we lived in St Neots. Took 45 mins on the train and about 1 hour door to door
Thank you so much for the Spreadsheet, much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 12:36am On Sep 13, 2023
Taal17:

What zone is your work place located?
although further out means you'd have to check overground train ticket prices of it's outside London zones
Whitechapel
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 2:43am On Sep 13, 2023
No date for passport renewal appointment at the Nigeria High Commission London till January 2024.

Does anyone know if they'll release some dates between now and December 2023 or na to just book the January?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Laadeh(f): 4:54am On Sep 13, 2023
Datakey:
Good day house.. please what do I need to open a bank account... I have gotten my Brp and I came in via care work route. My office as8mr to go open an account for my salary..

And also which bank would be the best
Hi.
Kindly reply my mail.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 6:11am On Sep 13, 2023
Laadeh:

Hi.
Kindly reply my mail.
Thanks.

Done

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ugochinyere1(f): 6:33am On Sep 13, 2023
Owoado:
No date for passport renewal appointment at the Nigeria High Commission London till January 2024.

Does anyone know if they'll release some dates between now and December 2023 or na to just book the January?
Thanks

I’d suggest you book.
My younger brother wanted booking 2weeks ago and only saw dates for 1st week of November, we tried checking at intervals to see if closer dates will drop and also tried contacting the embassy for closer dates which proved abortive.
After 2days the dates available was now November ending and upwards, he had to just book like that and wait it out.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohanson(f): 7:06am On Sep 13, 2023
Ticha:

Hello Ticha.
#MeToo

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Ibro99, Elderss, Saccharine, ayshegz, etin06(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.