Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (474626 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
Oh I see where you are coming from.
jedisco:

Hehe... the prevalent notion of recent has been that in a free country, it's not the business of the government/others to decide or regulate what what sexual union or practice consenting adults engage in as far as it brings no harm to others. Always wondered why this does not apply to polygamy..

Consent does not preclude slavery or exploitation. The first rule on safeguarding. Poverty is the largest driver of vulnerability.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
That the law doesn’t recognize it doesn’t mean it’s not done. It’s an insider knowledge so no worries 😉
rinzylee:
Pardon my curiosity, but my dear moslem brothers and sisters, what does a man with more than 1 wife do when he wants to migrate?

Does UK law permit polygamy?

Which wife will be the chosen??

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
LionInZion:

Haha, you can try double na. God no go vex

Lai Lai... I no dey do o. grin grin , I no get power for 2 XX chromosome.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
@ rinzylee seems you finally found your answer. Easy peasy 🙂
giselle237:
the UK immigration would not grant say 3 dependent visas for 3 women. Only one would be allowed as the UK law although recognises ur marriage would not issue visas for a polygamous situation. The others can come on their merit on a work or student visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2023
None is always left behind. Yes it would cost more to bring them but it’s what we signed for for having access to more legal enjoyment 😁
rinzylee:

Chai.... this one no fair o. Who would be chosen and who would be left behind? grin grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2023
None is always left behind. Yes it would cost more to bring them but it’s what we signed for for having access to more legal enjoyment 😁
rinzylee:

Chai.... this one no fair o. Who would be chosen and who would be left behind? grin grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
Concerned? They probably aren’t ready. Still attended a 2nd wife wedding last weekend ☺️
rinzylee:

😂 😂 lmao.... abeg o, I am very single o. Haha. I am team 1 man to 1 wife too grin. Well I was just concerned for some moslems I know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
justwise:

The red list thing was for agents and not for those applying directly to NHS Trusts, your wife should not give up applying, your plan B is also another good option if the money is there, coming in as a student and write her OSEC that will increase her chances of getting employed.

Though bringing you over as her depedant will depend on the changes to Tier 2 visa to be announced before the end of the year.
So lets wait and see if the changes will include restriction on family bringing in their dependants on Tier 2 visa

Sorry do you mean they are proposing a new change to tier 2 dependent as well?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
AgentXxx:
Concerned? They probably aren’t ready. Still attended a 2nd wife wedding last weekend ☺️

Ready for?? 🤔
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
AgentXxx:

So how did you bring both over??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
AgentXxx:
@ rinzylee seems you finally found your answer. Easy peasy 🙂

No ooo... answer o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
KOVIC19COVID20:

Many thanks to Justwise & Lexusgsg430 for the recommendation.

I paid £9.05 for this.
I have now used this to cut my hair 4 times.
If I had gone to barber shop, na £40 I for do spend.
Good bargain…

Lol, na vexation make me go bye one.

Went to barber shop, used this exact type for me, and I’m the type that don’t bother shape my hair, I just cut it all.

I don buy mine, even bought two.

Some are even charging 15£ for barbing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2023
iyatrustee:

I heard a story recently. One Nigerian guy with 2wives came on a study visa with the younger wife on the agreement that the older wife in Naija will be getting monthly allawee. She dey naija dey enjoy soft life, while junior wife dey hustle family finances here.

Long story short, abroad wife say she no fit dey suffer to work and pay off husband balance of fees, still dey send allowance to her first wife..... las las hanty pack up and returned back home. Home sweet home. grin

Na the fight we still dey settle cos husband is stranded. He can't work to pay his fees, he can't bring first wife since Home Office get details of the 2nd wife!

What is in it, for the junior wife....... This is simply, modern day slavery...😜

JW go dey work like donkey, pay her husband fees, support his uk lifestyle, then be sponsoring his senior wife in Nigeria......

Who would be supporting JW........ 🤣😂

After husband don wreck JW, he bags his certificate, dumps JW, then seeks another JW
....... 🤣😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
abuhusna1:

Did they say you need to have the card first or what

They said PTS card.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
lavida001:

paste the link to the opposite thread !!

Just did... my last reply to @hustla
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
giselle237:
Not all the time. Mine used the app this year. The app does a selection criteria so maybe yours have never had an in-country biometric taken… this might automatically put them in to go in for biometrics.

True it's their first in-country biometrics. Mine was the first in-country bio which was done online
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ready to bring them in.
rinzylee:

Ready for?? 🤔
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Tier 2 Visa
rinzylee:

So how did you bring both over??

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2023
jedisco:

Quite a number of them on reddit. Came across this recently

https://reddit.com/r/Britain/s/cc56sNZo4F

Some niche ones like a tree surgeon, some obvious ones Train driver/conductor, HGV driver, trades person e.t.c.
Also alot of money in mental health trusts and they have some support/HCA kind roles that pay much better and with significantly less stress than similar roles in the open care market or acute trusts.

Reminds me of a teenage tennis tutor I used to pay £20 ph to teach me... upon that, to get appointment was stress. I go dey play n0nsense and the guy would be saying you're doing well.. before long, an hour is gone.. next person waiting. Was getting frustrated but then started to enjoy it. Bright chap though.

cheesy cheesy

Going through it and it seems PMs in IT and Scrum Masters really don't do much ..

Tbh I have listened in on some stand ups and half the time I just wonder why they pay PMs that much, it just looks to me like more of following up with the entire team to make sure they deliver on a project.. more like Adult babysitting grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
AgentXxx:
Tier 2 Visa

Ok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
hustla:

cheesy cheesy

Going through it and it seems PMs in IT and Scrum Masters really don't do much ..

Tbh I have listened in on some stand ups and half the time I just wonder why they pay PMs that much, it just looks to me like more of following up with the entire team to make sure they deliver on a project.. more like Adult babysitting grin

I swear down this is exactly how i feel about pm. And because they are closer to oga than the rest of the team they climb the ladder earlier too and get promoted earlier
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Iolo(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Knowlegeseeking:
Okay thanks. So you are saying i cannot apply online except via post right? I also collected the D1 form from the post office, so i just fill and return.

Postal application works. I recall there was an old looking portal which I used. You submit your application there and then get a letter from DVLA asking for your proof of ID (BRP) which you then post and they return to you after a few weeks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by PtBlank: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
Thanks boss. I just paid them make them carry their wahala go.

Lexusgs430:

The money you paid through ringo, was to park your vehicle.......

Unfortunately, when you paid ringo, a parking enforcement ticket, had already been issued.......

Solution - : Just pay the £35, or else this £35, would metamorphose into £800........😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by PtBlank: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
Thanks chief. I've done the needful
Viruses:

The penalty was issued before you paid for parking so the full penalty fine subsists.

It will be wise to pay the £35 balance before it escalates further.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2023
PtBlank:
Thanks boss. I just paid them make them carry their wahala go.

Best solution..... They love to escalate this parking fines, to collection agencies......

Once it goes through litigation and escalated, fine just grows wings ..........😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
PtBlank:
Thanks chief. I've done the needful

Nah school fees you pay so ........ You go avoid am, next time .....😭

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
eniola1010:

I swear down this is exactly how i feel about pm. And because they are closer to oga than the rest of the team they climb the ladder earlier too and get promoted earlier

Of cos they will climb the ladder faster and get more accolades too

Well, its what I always preach - Hard work is not = Money

Ishe kolowo grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kinibigdil: 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
Which site can one get reliable used car cheap please. Facebook marketplace is full of scammers this days
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
bigtt76:
ChatGPT

I see a lot of people recommending AI for CV these days. Please how do you use chatGPT for that?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
kinibigdil:
Which site can one get reliable used car cheap please. Facebook marketplace is full of scammers this days

Ebay, Autotrader, preloved & gumtree.......

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
lavida001:

They said PTS card.
That sentinel card will have information of all your railway qualification and certifications and all tools you ate trained to use. If you do pts it will show in your sentinel and PTS card allows you to work on any rail line in the uk. But BTA basic track awareness allows you work on any london underground track while dlr track awareness allows you work on dlr track. But pts is the master as it covers the whole of uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
lavida001:

They said PTS card.
Start somewhere if they are ready to guide you and ask me whatever is not clear here

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: mzzkismet, Oluaminah and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.